Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

11.17.09 [updated] Rain in Toronto

han1.jpg

Rain who visited Toronto in Canada, was interviewed with more than 40 media in Windsor Arms Hotel on the 16th and was photographed by them. Since he was flooded with interviews, each medium was allotted 10 minutes. Daily Hankook was the only Asia press to have arranged the interview time.

After that, he is to start for Miami on the morning of the 17th, where the promotion for Ninja Assassin is scheduled to be held next time.

Rain said, “This is my first visit to Canada. I feel everything is clean and in perfect order.” “Ninja Assassin will be a movie which is entirely different from the movies you have seen. Raizo, the leading character, is very sexy.”

There’ll be a more detailed article about his interview.

sign.jpg

His schedule in Toronto will be complete after the advance screening for general people, which will be held at AMC theater located in Yonge/Dundas, downtown, on the 16th at 7:40pm.

Ninja Assassin will play in more than 3,000 theaters in North America at a time upcoming 25th.

credit to Daily Hankook, ratoka

http://www.koreatimes.net/kt_photo

http://www.koreatimes.net/46475

Brief translation by rain bird

11.19.09 Assassin’s Creed

What does it take to be a Ninja assassin? Well… ask famous Korean Pop star Rain

One would have thought that Korea’s top R&B artiste and pop singer, Rain, would have chosen a musical to make a splashy Hollywood debut as leading man rather than the ultra violent Ninja Assassin. Talking about his choice of debut at the movie promotion in Seoul, he explained: “Ever since I was a little child, I have wanted to be an action movie star. I studied Taekwondo. I like to challenge myself. I saw no reason to refuse the offer. I have always been interested in ninjas and their secret ways.”

In Ninja Assassin, Rain plays Raizo who is picked up from the streets and trained to be an assassin by the Ozunu Clan. However, he disagrees with the extreme practices of the clan leader and turns rogue. Directed by James McTiegue and produced by the Wachowski Brothers who directed Rain in Speed Racer, (he was the second lead) the film is practically a splatter fest with detailed meditations on the various ways a human body can be sliced and diced.

“The Wachowski Brothers told me ‘forget being a pop star. Be a gladiator’.” Of the extreme violence the Asian heartthrob said: “Men will like the movie and women will like it as well as they can de-stress watching it after a hard day at work.”

Though Speed Racer did not perform as well as expected, the artiste with four hit albums under his belt, says the movie opened many doors for him. “I hope Ninja Assassin does well as it would give opportunities for Korean actors. However, irrespective of how the movie fares, it will hold a special place in my heart as I worked very hard on it.”

Raizo’s weapon of choice is a lethal chain with wicked blades at the end of it, which Rain claims was a creative decision by the makers. Raizo is the classic anti-hero and Rain insists “the days of separation between good and evil in the hero are over.” For inspiration, Rain says he has watched “many Jackie Chan movies. But Raizo is not an imitation of Jackie Chan, he is a whole new character.”

The 24-year-old actor went through a punishing training schedule for his role. “It was an intense eight months and I craved salt and sugar. I missed Korean food, French fries and hamburgers. All the scenes were tough, but the diet was the toughest. Several times I wanted to go back but I carried on. I had to overwork my body to maintain my physique. Now I am more concerned with mental and physical health rather than just building my body.”

Elaborating about his punishing shooting schedule, Rain said: “I got hurt many times. I have a lot of cuts and bruises. But they are cuts of honour.”

Called South Korea’s Justin Timberlake by Megan Fox, Rain said he did “90 per cent of the stunts. There was a bare minimum of wire work for balance. I had to keep myself light and body fat down to almost zero. When the stunt team would say Matt Damon can do better, my sense of pride made me want to show them what I could do.”

When asked about the similarities between himself and Raizo, Rain said with a smile: “Raizo is an introvert while I am an extrovert. I like to be around people. We are similar in that we are focussed. I am disciplined and don’t put off stuff that needs to be done for later.”

The movie ends with Raizo looking out to the blue yonder — so does that signal a sequel? “There have been talks of a sequel but it will depend on the audience liking this film.”

The interview was conducted in Korean with a translator with Rain rather charmingly commenting that he “is learning English even as we speak. I find it easier to give detailed answers in Korean. For the movie, the coach helped me especially with expressions.”

The actor who said he would love to work with James Cameron and Al Pacino, said his plus point when compared to other Asian stars who have crossed over to Hollywood, is “I am younger and so time is on my side.”

Ninja Assassin is being released in Hindi, English, Tamil and Telugu on November 27.

source: thehindu.com

I must say that I agree with the writer ;)

11.19.09 Meet the Movie Star of the Future

Why ”Ninja Assassin” and its lead actor, Rain, could just be the perfect movie model for tough times…

LOS ANGELES — Chances are you’ve never heard of Jeong Ji-hoon, better known as Rain. But the 27-year-old South Korean pop star is one of the most famous people in Asia. His 2005 album, It’s Raining, sold more than 1 million copies. In 2006 he topped a Time Magazine online poll of the most influential people in the world (beating out an angry Stephen Colbert.)

Now he has his first starring role in an American movie: Ninja Assassins. The Warner Bros film, which hits theaters Nov. 25, tells the story of a ninja who seeks revenge against his teacher and fellow ninjas after they kill the girl he loves.

Studios would do well to pay attention. The film could serve as a roadmap for the kind of mid-budget movies they’ll need to be making in the coming years. Expensive movie stars no longer guarantee a film will be a hit. Just look at recent box office stinkers like Land of the Lost (starring Will Ferrell) and The Box (starring Cameron Diaz). DVD sales, which once protected studios against losses on mediocre films, continue to slide. And ticket sales are no longer just about how a film performs in the U.S.

Ninja Assassin is a global movie by design. Its violence has an almost universal appeal among young men, so the film, which cost a modest $30 million to produce, should perform well in the U.S. It is being strategically released against the female-leaning vampire flick New Moon.

Then there’s the overseas market. Rain’s millions of fans in Asia will no doubt shell out good money to see him fight on the big screen. Most of the movie takes place in Berlin (which offered the filmmakers excellent tax credits) and the other stars are British which gives the movie European appeal.

“It’s critical for the studios to have a mixed cast and use foreign locations,” says Ashok Amritraj of Hyde Park Entertainment, an independent production company that specializes in films with cross-border appeal. “The box office revenue overseas has suddenly eclipsed the domestic box office.”

Rain came to the attention of producer Joel Silver when he was filming Speed Racer. The film turned out to be a disaster for Warner Bros but Silver and his directors, the Wachowski Brothers, saw potential in Rain, who had a small role in the film.

“We wanted to find a way to create a star like Bruce Lee or even Steven Segal,” says Silver. “Rain is charismatic and because of his dance training he can fight as well as anyone. He fulfilled all our hopes and dreams.”

Silver, who has a 15-picture guaranteed deal with Warner Bros through his genre production company, Dark Castle, quickly decided to create a martial arts film as a vehicle for Rain. He brought on director James McTeigue who directed V for Vendetta and had done second unit work on Speed Racer.

Rain has few lines in the movie. He’s a mysterious character who mostly lets his weapons do the talking. That should also help the film overseas. And he worked cheap. He might be huge in Asia, but in the U.S. he’s not even big enough to be featured in promotional material for the film. The poster for Ninja Assassin features Rain but half of his face is off the page.

If the movie is a hit, expect studios to focus even more development dollars on films aimed at an international audience. Rain might become the model for the modern movie star.

Says Silver: “As the business becomes more international and we’re looking for international growth, it’s nice to find someone like Rain who can travel.”

source: forbes

by Dorothy Pomerantz

Guest tyty6_7

Rain Plans on Taking North America by Storm (The Korean Pop Star, Not the Meteorological Phenomenon): Interview

Korean pop superstar Rain is mostly unknown to North American audiences; save for a comedic rivalry between him and TV host Stephen Colbert. The reason for this is fairly obvious, as North American audiences are often afraid to embrace anything in English. But Rain has a chance to change that next week as his new film Ninja Assassin is being released across the continent. Produced by the Wachowski Brothers (of Matrix fame) and directed by V for Vendetta helmer James McTeigue, Assassin is big budget, violent, and stylish, but most importantly, it’s American and it’s in English.

Rain appeared to be fairly fluent in English when I sat down with him at a roundtable earlier this week, despite the presence of a translator. “It’s a big opportunity for me. You know, if I’ll do my best, Americans will love me to. I believe that.” Despite his ambition, Rain hardly seems arrogant or proud, but rather, charming and self-assured. “You know, it’s hard to even walk in [the] street in Asia. I hope it’ll be the same here.”

One can hardly claim that Rain isn’t doing his best in this film. His training regime alone sounds more impressive than most people’s lives. “I had to make my body fit, like Bruce Lee. I trained for eight months, five days a week, eight hours a day. It was hard. I ate just chicken breast and vegetables; no sugar, no salt… it was horrible.” On top of that, he also learned a variety of martial arts and weapons training for his role as Raizo, who is a highly trained, well, ninja assassin. “Tai Chi, Tae Kwon Doe, Kickboxing, sword, double-sword, sugarcane, chain. I learned a lot.”

Rain found his way into this role after filming a small part in the Wachowski Brothers’ Speed Racer, which was released last year to a lackluster critical reception and dismal box office, but also found a very devoted group of followers rather quickly. “When [the Wachowski’s and I] were working on Speed Racer, they offered me [the role] and then we made it.” But it wasn’t quite as simple as that. “After The Matrix, the Wachowski Brothers and Joel Silver, they were always thinking and planning about making this kind of film, but they couldn’t really find the right guy to actually put there thoughts into the film.” Evidently, Rain was the right guy.

When asked about his future in Hollywood, Rain plans to keep making movies for the time being. “I have three scripts. The first one is another action film. The second is another action film. The third is romance.” But he doesn’t plan on giving up his musical career just yet “I love both singing and acting, so I will concentrate on both singing and acting.”

It’s not often that a Korean pop star makes the jump to Hollywood, and we have yet to see how it will pan out, but with the release of Ninja Assassin looming, we’ll see how Rain’s career pans out yet. But even if Ninja Assassin isn’t quite a hit, it appears that Rain will be doing just fine.

- Alan Jones

http://cinssu.ca/blog/?p=517

Hope everybody will support him ... (I said this because I know some people who called themselves his true or hard core fans, but just want to see him at the advance screening for free...how sad it is)....

I hope that won't be case ... that would be awful! I know that as soon as this movie comes to my local movie theater, I will try to watch it as much as possible!

I must say that I agree with the writer ;)

11.19.09 Meet the Movie Star of the Future

Thank you so much for sharing this article! It was very interesting to read. It's true that some patterns have changed and will continue to change in the US film market. A big budget and top stars aren't guarantee for success. And Hollywood gets more and more global, itnernational, which is only good and refreshing.

Only $30 Mio. production costs? I am sure that the movie will gain this back in its first weekend.

Rain was maybe "cheap" but not after this movie anymore and he won't be a second Bruce Lee, Jet Li or Jackie Chan, he will be known as Rain.

Let's hope that the movie will be huge in Asia as well and that his fans support Rain!!!

Rain Plans on Taking North America by Storm (The Korean Pop Star, Not the Meteorological Phenomenon): Interview

Rain appeared to be fairly fluent in English when I sat down with him at a roundtable earlier this week, despite the presence of a translator. “It’s a big opportunity for me. You know, if I’ll do my best, Americans will love me to. I believe that.” Despite his ambition, Rain hardly seems arrogant or proud, but rather, charming and self-assured. “You know, it’s hard to even walk in [the] street in Asia. I hope it’ll be the same here.”

When asked about his future in Hollywood, Rain plans to keep making movies for the time being. “I have three scripts. The first one is another action film. The second is another action film. The third is romance.” But he doesn’t plan on giving up his musical career just yet “I love both singing and acting, so I will concentrate on both singing and acting.”

And his English will get better and more fluent and he will be more confident, no doubt about that! Of course, Rain isn't arrogant, that's why we love him right?

Three scripts? That sounds promising. Rain, take my advice, please go for the romance one :P.

I hope he won't give up on singing and dancing (come on, he is only 27 years old!). I love the singer Rain as much as I love the actor Jeong Ji-hoon.

I liked the last sentence (although we all know and believe that NA will be a hit):

But even if Ninja Assassin isn’t quite a hit, it appears that Rain will be doing just fine.

Thank you for sharing!!!!

Guest tyty6_7

Rain hopes for a shower of Ninja stardom

By Roger Moore, Sentinel Movie Critic

The Korean pop-star-turned-actor Rain (real name, Jeong Ji-hoon) is ready for Hollywood stardom. He's willing to put in the work. He's patient.

"It's still not easy to make your mark, as an Asian actor or singer in America," Rain says. "If I do my best, Americans will love me, too! I want to challenge myself to see where my limit is. If I do my best, over and over again, I will succeed. I know it."

So what if Speed Racer, the first big Hollywood film the 27-year-old appeared in, wasn't a smash? He's back, pounding at the door with Ninja Assassins. He plays – wait for it – a ninja assassin, or rather an anti-assassin, a former ninja who defends those targeted by ninjas from the ninjas. And he has suffered for his art.

"I had to make my body fit, like Bruce Lee," he says. "I trained for eight months, five days a week, eight hours a day. I ate only chicken breast and vegetables; no sugar, no salt, none of my favorite foods. It was horrible!

"I learned a bit of many different types of martial arts – kung fu, taekwondo, tai chi, kick boxing, karate, karate with swords, chains, shuriken (throwing stars), kusarigama (dagger-chains), ninja tactics. The stunt men on the set, they looked out for me. But with those sharp weapons, I could hurt myself even more easily than they could hurt me."

It took some doing to sculpt the six-hit-albums singer into a lean, mean ninja machine, the loner Raizo, who left that old world of discipline and murder behind. The script gets away with a "He looks more like a boy band singer" than a ninja wisecrack only because Rain is so ripped. But that training regimen, those muscles, don't mean he's giving up the day job.

"I should be able to do both. I plan to concentrate on both" singing and acting, he says. Always good to have a plan B, with the chance of trade publications like Variety ( "Rain conjures only a mild drizzle as Raizo") panning the film and his work in it. But Rain plans to stick with his game plan, pursuing Hollywood work with a vengeance. He hopes, too, that this work might even attract the attention of the most famous director back home. The filmmaker he'd most like to work with?

"Oh, Park Chan-wook" (Old Boy), he says.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainme...0,7884006.story

Guest tyty6_7

HEAVY RAIN

By Charlene Chua

November 20, 2009

When the presenter mispronounced the movie's title and said 'Welcome to the Ninja Assassination press conference', she had no idea how prophetic she was going to be.

Rain, Korean pop star and Ninja Assassin's lead actor, appeared in a stiff brown suit, a colourful tie and a red flower-shaped handkerchief peeking out of his breast pocket.

Did we mention the high-heeled dress shoes?

The ninja was well and truly murdered.

In contrast, in the movie, Rain has long raven hair, a dark, brooding demeanour and a sculpted physique. He plays Raizo, a highly skilled ninja who turns on his own brotherhood after they kill his girl.

Ninja Assassin - which opens here on 26 Nov - is the first Hollywood movie to feature a Korean in a leading role.

But Rain - whose real name is Jeong Ji Hoon - was anything but brooding when he met the media on Monday last week in Seoul.

Neither was he the suave, charming pop star who has drawn millions to his sold-out concerts with his smooth vocals and slick dance moves.

The 27-year-old, best known for his role as a bratty celebrity in the 2004 Korean TV series Full House, looked uncomfortable, apprehensive and offered only tight-lipped smiles.

Where was that famous toothy grin?

He spoke in Korean with the help of an English-speaking translator: 'Thank you everyone. I'm so excited.'

Really?

Perhaps he seemed distant because he was made to sit alone at the table on stage - with an extra area in front of the stage cordoning him off from the media.

'I'm an extrovert. I like being with people,' he said when asked how he was different from Raizo.

Another stark difference: He wouldn't consider adopting Raizo's image, not even for a minute.

Said Rain: 'I like a short and clean-cut hairstyle. I was so relieved when filming for the movie ended. I immediately went to cut my hair. That's just me.'

He admitted that getting into character for the action film was tough, but he chose to listen to the advice of the movie's producers, Larry and Andy Wachowski, the same duo behind Rain's other 2008 Hollywood flick Speed Racer.

They had told him to 'throw away' his other personas including 'pop star Rain' and 'human being Jeong Ji Hoon' to truly become Raizo.

Apart from mastering his lines in fluent English and working on his facial expressions, Rain also trained six hours daily for eight months to become a lean, mean killing machine with zero body fat.

He had to keep his body light because minimal wire action was used during the filming.

He confessed that, at times, he had wanted to throw in the towel and head back to Asia to familiar idol territory as the gruelling training took its toil.

But a promise he made to himself four years ago to break into international showbiz and the desire to win over his critics spurred him on.

Said Rain: 'I didn't want to be just another Jackie Chan. My childhood fantasy was to be like Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger.'

His determination, he said, was also fuelled by Speed Racer bombing at the box office last year.

Grateful

But don't call him ungrateful.

He counts Speed Racer - a US live-action film adaptation of the '60s Japanese anime series of the same name about car racing - as the film that opened doors in Hollywood for him and other Korean actors.

He added that he has high hopes for Ninja Assassin as talks are in the works for a sequel.

'It is, of course, also dependent on the audience's response. But whatever the outcome, this movie will leave a deep trace in my heart. It is so well-made and I put my all into it.'

That was the end of the press conference, and he was whisked off for more photograph-taking.

At the media roundtable interviews later, Rain was more personable. We sat around a table and, from far, we could have passed off as a group of friends having a meal together.

Rain stood up before we started the interview and shook every reporter's hand, much to the surprise of all who were present. His handshake was firm and he addressed us politely.

But once again, where was that toothy grin?

Instead of being cheery - we had high hopes after his subdued showing at the morning's press conference - he was serious and business-like.

He even had a pen and notebook, presumably jotting down English words he wanted to remember after his translator told us his answers.

Even a cute reply, such as 'the ninja ability I would want is to disappear and appear at will so that if I do something bad, I can just disappear', wasn't so much as accompanied by a smile.

When asked if he would put on weight for a role, he said yes, if it was for acclaimed directors such as James Cameron and Steven Spielberg.

Singing and acting

For now, he is putting equal emphasis on both his singing and acting careers, something which he still sees himself doing 10 years down the road.

But he wouldn't reveal if he was planning any concerts or discussing movie deals at the moment.

In fact, it seemed the question had frustrated him as he twirled his pen and took deep breaths.

And although he professed to missing his family, he said that what he would do if he wasn't a celebrity for a day was to sleep.

When this reporter commented that since he wouldn't have fans chasing him down the street, perhaps he should be out and about rather then sleeping, Rain looked surprised before answering: 'If I wasn't Rain, I wouldn't get any calls anyway so I wouldn't go out. I would still be sleeping.'

In real life, Rain is a hit with the ladies.

When a behind-the-scenes video showed pictures of Rain's shirtless physique, pre- and post-training, two Taiwanese female reporters couldn't contain their gasps.

Just before that, a group of Mandarin-speaking female reporters were heard strategising on how to get a picture opportunity with Rain.

The media had been informed beforehand that they were not allowed to approach him for pictures.

Ironically, the much sought-after celebrity is single and very much wants a girlfriend.

Said Rain: 'I do want kids and a family now. But I need to find a wife first.'

He said that he doesn't have a certain type of girl that he goes for and physical beauty is not important to him; what matters most is how he feels when he's with her.

No wonder Megan Fox was reportedly bummed after he rejected a dinner date with her.

Rain said that he didn't know anything about those reports.

http://tnp.sg/show/story/0,4136,221070,00.html

Guest tyty6_7

The Scene: Samy K vs. the Ninja Assassin RAIN

Whether you know him as an international pop star or as the new star of "Ninja Assassin," I had the amazing opportunity to meet and interview him for this week's Scene. Rain, as he's known worldwide, is a dancer/singer/actor/clothing designer/stud from Korea who has taken over Asia and is making his debut on American screens next week.

We got a chance to preview the movie last week and I can honestly say it's one of the most kick richard simmons, blood spurting movies I've ever laid eyes upon. Being a chubby unathletic white man I now have a slight man crush on Rain after seeing him do a hand stand push up on a bed of nails (no CGI added!!!!!) Now enough of my ranting... I'll let you watch the interview already and gush all you want.

Click the link below to watch the interview:

http://dc.metromix.com/movies/blog_post/th...1618358/content

--------------------------------------

Whether you know him as an international pop star or as the new star of "Ninja Assassin," I had the amazing opportunity to meet and interview him for this week's Scene. Rain, as he's known worldwide, is a dancer/singer/actor/clothing designer/stud from Korea who has taken over Asia and is making his debut on American screens next week.

We got a chance to preview the movie last week and I can honestly say it's one of the most kick richard simmons, blood spurting movies I've ever laid eyes upon. Being a chubby unathletic white man I now have a slight man crush on Rain after seeing him do a hand stand push up on a bed of nails (no CGI added!!!!!) Now enough of my ranting... I'll let you watch the interview already and gush all you want.

Thank you tyty6_7 for all the fresh articles and interviews about Rain and Ninja Assassin. Seems that Rain has a new male fan in the person of the interviewer. My husband also said that he likes NA the first time that he saw its trailer and would willingly and gladly accompany me to watch it (as if he has a choice, hehe). I wish that fatigue will not take its toll on Rain and smile and be more cheerful as before now that his promotions activity is nearing to be over.

Hi tyty, thanks for sharing this. As I'm seeing so many interviews of him about his movie I really couldn't stop the days now passing by so quickly - the release of this film is already next week. So funny this host when he said that after he saw the preview he now has a slight man-crush on RAIN - hehehe - RAIN did mostly of the stunts here, no "doubles" whatsoever - As usual, enjoyed watching the interview. :P:lol:

HEAVY RAIN

By Charlene Chua

November 20, 2009

When the presenter mispronounced the movie's title and said 'Welcome to the Ninja Assassination press conference', she had no idea how prophetic she was going to be.

Rain, Korean pop star and Ninja Assassin's lead actor, appeared in a stiff brown suit, a colourful tie and a red flower-shaped handkerchief peeking out of his breast pocket.

Did we mention the high-heeled dress shoes?

The ninja was well and truly murdered.

tyty, thanks also for posting this article here. I hope he could find a girl for him now so she could make his life balanced – whenever he feels sad & lonely, there’s someone who could make him smile. But I don’t want him to get married yet, no, not at this early – family & kids of his own will eventually come later. Just a woman whom you could love first, RAIN! Whoever she will be, that I’m so curious & excited to see……… :P:lol:

[11-20] JMS Takes on "Ninja Assassin"

source:http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=23780

J. Michael Straczynski is, quite literally, taking Hollywood by storm. And this time around, he's taking Rain along for the ride.

The genre-driving writer, known by JMS to his fans, has teamed-up with genre-bending moviemakers Andy and Larry Wachowski (The "Matrix" Trilogy) for "Ninja Assassin," a "strictly popcorn, but good popcorn" movie coming to theaters across North America November 25.

"Ninja Assassin" showcases the cinematic chops of South Korean pop star Rain, who plays Raizo, one of the deadliest assassins in the world. Taken from the streets as a child, Raizo was transformed into a trained killer by the Ozunu Clan, a secret society whose very existence is considered a myth. Haunted by the merciless execution of his friend by the Clan, Raizo breaks free to exact his revenge.

Six weeks before director James McTeigue ("V for Vendetta") was to begin filming, the Wachowski brothers decided that the movie's screenplay needed some additional work done and brought in JMS, who created genre TV classic "Babylon 5, for a rapid re-write. And rapid it was: JMS delivered the new script in 53 hours.

JMS currently has a flood of film scripts in active development, collaborating with Hollywood heavyweights like Brad Pitt, Tom Hanks, Ron Howard, Jerry Bruckheimer and Joel Silver. Over the last decade, the Hollywood writer transitioned to comics, as well, penning critically acclaimed runs on "The Amazing Spider-Man," "Fantastic Four" and "Thor" for Marvel Comics. Currently, he's writing "The Brave and The Bold" for DC Comics.

In anticipation of the release of "Ninja Assassin,", we checked in with JMS and while he shared details of how the script came together so fast and how he hooked up with the makers of "The Matrix" in the first place, he also told CBR News exclusively that he has a project involving Superman coming in 2010.

But while the director of "Ninja Assassin" has been in the news this week saying he'd love to reimagine the Man of Steel for Warner Bros., JMS says his upcoming Superman project is not a movie script and will, instead, come from DC Comics.

CBR News: The legend goes that you wrote the script for "Ninja Assassin" in 53 hours. Is that some sort of Guinness World Record?

JMS: I don't know if it's a world record, but yeah, it's true. I was lucky to have had a long talk - a couple of hours at least - with the Wachowskis before starting, so we could lock down what it needed to accomplish.

Was this 53 hours straight, or was it three 17-hour days?

I started Tuesday evening, and delivered it on Friday morning. I got about two hours sleep per night. This is where my training in television paid off, because you learn to figure out what it is you want to say, and say it quickly and precisely. More than one "Babylon 5" script was written in a single night, and oddly, the quicker the write, the better the script, because I don't question or second-guess myself as much. The longer it takes me to write a script, the more it sucks.

Understanding you came in on the project quite late, did you have to make some sacrifices in terms of storytelling, what with the limited time you had to work, or did you truly just find a story you wanted to tell and it flowed?

My job was to really interpret what the Wachowskis wanted to see in the script, and give that to them. Once I grokked that, the rest came fairly smoothly.

You hadn't worked with the Wachowskis before "Ninja Assassin," but were you a fan of their brand of filmmaking?

Absolutely. I'm a tremendous fan of the "Matrix" movies, as well as their later films. I think in the "Matrix" they invented a new cinematic vocabulary, and created a whole, consistent universe, and as someone who's done that, I know how hard it is.

Historically, the Wachowskis work from their own scripts. What were they like to work with as a writer?

The Wachowskis are probably the most generous, considerate, easy-going and professional folks you can ever hope to meet. They have these twelve-story brains, which can sometimes be intimidating, but beneath it, they're just really genuine, honest, nice folks, utterly unpretentious and about as non-Hollywood as you can get. So they were very welcoming and collaborative in this process.

How is it that the Wachowskis approached you for the re-write? Are they big "Babylon 5" fans?

I was invited to the premiere of the last "Matrix" movie. I didn't know who'd invited me. I heard from my agent [that] it was someone on the show, but that's all we knew. I showed up and ended up sitting right next to the Wachowskis, and found out that they were the ones who issued the invitation, as they were both big "B5" fans, and fans of my comics work. We've been friends ever since. They're just two of the nicest folks I know.

Did you remain involved in the process once filming started?

I was welcomed to be as involved as I wanted, and the Wachowskis, as well as the director, James McTiegue, were very open. I was on set for a brief period in Berlin, but had to get back to finish other work. Then I saw and worked with James on the final cut. Again, they couldn't have been more generous.

We know from the internet roughly what the story is about but what additional insight into the movie can you share with us?

A number of folks have mentioned that the title is redundant, since often Ninjas are assassins, but that's not the point of the film. It's about an assassin that goes after Ninjas - and if you're going to do that for a living, you'd better be freaking good at it.

It's just about everything you'd want to see in a film with that title: lots of really cool action, a nonstop pace, some fun character moments and great effects. It's strictly popcorn, but good popcorn, and the first Western film to take Ninjas seriously in a long, long, very long time.

And what about writing for Rain? He made his name as a pop singer but he really impressed moviegoers with his work in "Speed Racer."

I didn't have much interaction with Rain. He was shooting with one unit in Berlin while I was hanging with the Wachowskis on the other unit. I didn't have a lot of time to spend there, so I wanted to spend it with them.

What other movie projects are you working on right now? Your entry IMDB entry has genre fans salivating as it lists "Shattered Union," "Lensman," "World War Z," "Forbidden Planet," "The Flickering Light" as ‘In Development.' Are these projects still all active? Not to mention, "They Marched Into Sunlight?"

Yeah, those are all still in the works, though Playtone isn't sure if now is the right time politically for "Sunlight." "WWZ" is coming along well, I'm working on the next draft of "Lensman," I'm going to be turning in the current draft of "Forbidden Planet," I'll be starting the script for "Shattered Union" over the Christmas break, and we're looking for a director for "Flickering Light."

I'm also writing a pilot for the FOX Network, which is a mainstream drama/thriller.

And what about your work for DC? You're currently writing "The Brave and The Bold" but is anything else forthcoming in 2010?

There's something I'm writing that'll be coming in late 2010 that should be of interest to a lot of folks, and it does have something to do with Superman - in graphic form, not film - but that's all I can say about it pending any announcements from DC, which should come in the next month or so.

Credit : rainalice/rainlegend

*** He looks good with Naomie. Actually, he always looks really good with a female partner beside him – hehehe - :D:P

11-20] Rain Bi ninja assassin new picture

From//rainhk

Credit : ratoka/rainlegend

NAwithNaomiHarris_1120-00470-042b5.jpg

NA_1120-00470-042b2.jpg

[11-20] Ninja Assassin iphone game official website

http://iphone.warnerbros.com/ninjaassassingame/

Guest tyty6_7

Yeticket.com interview Rain, star of Ninja Assassin.

A young ninja turns his back on orphanage that raised him, leading to a confrontation with a fellow ninja from the clan.

Watch this great interview with the reigning pop star and now, action movie star. Al McGhee give an in depth interview with this new action hero.

credit: 666golfer@youtube

-------------------------------------------------

New Moon and Ninja assassin - A funny clip of a ninja assassin fan boy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZyc2kUk-cA...player_embedded

credit: MrtheEstrada

*** Gosh, so many articles about NA , about him posted here & could no longer cope-up & even remember what's been posted or what's not. I'll be posting this article but please guys feel free to call my attention if I have to edit this out - About this article, I would love to see him on the Colbert show again if ever he’s invited once again. In case this happens I hope not a showdown/dance-off anymore but a face-to-face interview or maybe a fight-off this time – hahaha - :D:P

[11-19] Movie Q&A: Rain, Actor, Ninja Assassin

For interview clips please go to: http://www.nowtoronto.com/movies/story.cfm?content=172460

Movie Q&A: Rain

Actor, Ninja Assassin

By Norman Wilner

The man they call Rain enters the Windsor Arms suite quietly, escorted by a retinue of half a dozen people – manager, stylists, studio minder, translator. He’s dressed elegantly but simply – except for a diamond-encrusted wristwatch, which I’m pretty sure cost more than my car.

Rain is a superstar in his native Korea, a pop idol and an actor who’s appeared in several films, including Park Chan-wook’s quirky romance I’m A Cyborg (But That’s OK), but he’s virtually unknown in the West.

Well, he used to be, until Stephen Colbert created a (fake) rivalry with the pop star over their positions at the top of Time Magazine’s online Top 100 list in 2008.

That was right around the time Rain popped up as one of the many international cast members in the Wachowski brothers’ Speed Racer, which led directly to a title role in their next production, Ninja Assassin.

That’s how he ended up in Toronto, talking about slashing stuntmen, how martial arts is a lot like dancing, and singing in Korean.

You look very different in Ninja Assassin than you did in I’m A Cyborg or Speed Racer. Working out?

I needed to make my body fit, like Bruce Lee. I trained for eight months, five days a week, eight hours a day, over and over and over again. I ate just chicken breasts and vegetables – it was terrible. And I learned a lot of martial arts – tae kwon do, tai chi, kick-boxing, karate, and kung fu with swords and double swords, shuriken, chains – a lot. It was fun!

The film’s stunt choreography is very fluid, and in some scenes it almost looks like you’re dancing with your opponents, like in a musical number. You’ve done some dancing onstage – were you able to draw from that?

The dancing helped. Dancing and martial arts are very similar. And I had role models: Bruce Lee and Jet Li. I really love Bruce Lee and Jet Li and Jackie Chan movies – they’re my heroes. But I’m powerful, I’m faster, I’m younger than them.

The Wachowskis didn’t stop with just one Matrix, and Ninja Assassin leaves the door open for a sequel. Would you put yourself through the training regimen again?

I haven’t decided yet.

What’s next? Another movie, or back to the recording studio?

I’d like to do everything. A romance, or another action film. Or an album, just in Asia or worldwide. I haven’t decided yet, but very soon. I want to focus on Ninja Assassin for now because it is very important to me. After that, I have a concert in Las Vegas on Christmas Day.

Does the Ninja Assassin press tour include a stop at The Colbert Report?

I wanna be on the show again. It was fun. It was a great experience.

Thanks All for sharing all the interviews...

Hi tyty, So funny this host when he said that after he saw the preview he now has a slight man-crush on RAIN - hehehe - RAIN did mostly of the stunts here, no "doubles" whatsoever - As usual, enjoyed watching the interview. :P:lol:

Willenette....I think most MANKIND who has a good sense of taste will adore him....rite??

Yeah...he did all the stunts, didn't he?? And I think he did it nice and smooth....very natural...even his martial arts skill

is damn good....skillful!! For that...I am so so impressed!!

I forget to add that most of the scenes in NA, his face was very serious...very stern..but there are couple scenes that he smiles...OMG!! it melt my heart.... :P

Thanks All for sharing all the interviews...

Willenette....I think most MANKIND who has a good sense of taste will adore him....rite??

Yeah...he did all the stunts, didn't he?? And I think he did it nice and smooth....very natural...even his martial arts skill

is damn good....skillful!! For that...I am so so impressed!!

I forget to add that most of the scenes in NA, his face was very serious...very stern..but there are couple scenes that he smiles...OMG!! it melt my heart.... :P

Hi Annsit, gosh, do envy you that you were able to watch the whole film already - But fine, girl - it will be our turn next week! Remember, we have GOOD TASTE - hehehe - :P:lol:

Guest tyty6_7

I wonder why they dont put the red carpet instead of the grey one...to me, it's not a good sign ...hehehe...

BTW, I am waiting for somebody uploading the fan cams because I can not download the Java...

19.11.09 Ninja Assassin premiere in LA

http://c.uploadanh.com/upload/1/663/0.4256470_26931_1.jpg

credit to 2factorphoto@flickr||rainlegend

http://c.uploadanh.com/upload/1/663/0.4256471_26931_1.jpg

credit: as tagged

http://c.uploadanh.com/upload/1/663/0.4256472_26931_1.jpg

sr:http://www.manntheatres.com/webcam/index.php

with this link you can see fan cam

but need to install java.

link taken from DC

http://c.uploadanh.com/upload/1/663/0.4256502_26931_1.jpg

credit:ㅇㅇㅇ@Rain's DC

Hi Thu, thanks for posting the photos. Now, we have an idea how it looks like being there. Too sad I can't be able to view the video on the link you provided. I'm sure we could get to watch this soon here. :P:mellow: