wat genres do u hate?

Guest TrainDriver

Guest Emotions

I dislike rap or songs with stupid lyrics. They're always about sex, drugs, gangs, and whatever stupid stuff they think of.

Also, some Korean music are really influenced by American music which is just lame now.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate heavy metal that is purely screaming.

I dislike country, but Rascal Flatts are okay. =)

Rap, eh, I don't really like either. I used to love it, but then...that was just a phase.

And pleaseee, no techno or trance. dlkjfasldkjf. GAH.

Guest VersusVillain

Whining music. A new genre I've invented, and it includes these bands, who complain too much:

Simple Plan

Good Charlotte

My Chemical Romance

Taking Back Sunday

Thursday

Green Day (new stuff, mostly)

All-American Rejects

Yellowcard

30 Seconds to Mars

The Used

And then there is the Your song titles are too long; they're not cool nor clever genre:

Fall Out Boy

Panic! At the Disco

My Chemical Romance (wow, 2 points for them)

And finally, there's the Faux goth genre. This includes bands that dress in dark clothing and wear tons of makeup:

30 Seconds to Mars (2 points)

Avenged Sevenfold

Green Day (2 points)

30 Seconds to Mars (2 points)

The Used (2 points)

My Chemical Romance (3 points- WINNER!)

Now, if we're talking actual genres; I don't restrict myself from any genre just because most of it's crap. I don't listen to a whole lot of rap, but there are still great artists and songs in the genre. Pretty much the only genre I don't like listening to is country.

Guest miss ambrosia x3

i like everything. literally. except for oldies. i CANNOT CANNOT for the life of me stand anything along the lines of the beach boys or stuff like that. anything that sounds like it can be in grease <-- the movie. is also a big nono. though there are exceptions, as in any genre... oldies are probably the worst. mind you, this does not include showtunes... like bobby darin. people at school group em in the same genre and it pisses me off.

and i dont get why people hate country. 0_0

Guest oreoo

I dislike a lot of western rap.. because so many of them talk about sex/drugs/more sex/killing someone etc..

But I found that when I listen to Korean Rap (Mostly Epik High..) I find their lyrics quite meaningful and they actually have a purpose to write something (Yaay for TABLO!) So I guess it kind of depends on what the feel of the music is.

Country.. eeh.. The way they sing their song makes it seem so WHINEY. Aish.

And then there is the Your song titles are too long; they're not cool nor clever genre:

Fall Out Boy

Panic! At the Disco

My Chemical Romance (wow, 2 points for them)

hahaha

i don't think i'll ever understand jazz (either the miles davis type or the kenny g type) or country, although i hear the former is something you grow into so it may happen one day. and there are other types of music i generally don't listen to with some exceptions -- r&b, rap, metal, new age, oldies. but i'll be fair and admit i probably just haven't given much of it a chance.

Guest D_K

How is r&b a retarded excuse for music? It stands for rhythm and blues, which is more music than rock will ever be. Yes, I agree r&b has changed dramatically since the early 50's, and there are always songs that are claimed to be "r&b" that holds no true musical value; however, just like there are bad r&b songs, there are also horrible rock songs. That does not mean that r&b itself is a "retarded excuse", it just means that the r&b you're exposed to are bad. You can still hate it, but that's no reason to say it's not music.

And btw, rock music originated from r&b and country.

It may stand for rythm and blues, but R&B of today is nothing more than black singers singing the latest pop song. Jeebus, and don't even compare the crap they pump out today to the stuff of the 50's.

All genres have terrible artists with no real talent. What separates R&B from the rest is it's complete lack of real talent.

Guest VersusVillain

no wonder youre in a k-pop for the masses forum.

Korean music leads most people here, however, you don't necessarily have to like K-pop to stay. There are several other entertaining forum sections and sub-forums that have nothing to do with Korean pop.

I hate Korean pop, too. Except for early 90's stuff like Seo Taiji & Boys and HOT, other than them, I think the genre pretty much sucks. Well, atleast the recent DBSG/SJ type stuff. Ick.

Guest chocopocky

Not a fan of techno or country music. Some Asian pop are just too darn poppy for me.

Archived