B B Cream Aka Blemish Balm #2~ Hottest Foundation Trend In Asia [last Update: 25Apr10

Guest Pandox

hi~ i've been hearing about bb cream...and plan to buy one.

but i have a question.

what is the difference between the BRTC perfect blemish balm and the BRTC perfect project

blemish balm? is it the same? one of the links (provided on the first page) had one of the

ebay shops and it has the product that says "BRTC perfect project" :wacko:

BRTC perfect blemish balm has been discontinued.

hanskin super magic bb cream works for me, as in, skintone. appears dark (well, darker than other bb creams i have used) but adjusted to my skin colour quickly.

im a NC20/25 for reference. :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's nice to know there are people out there who do appreciate this "new" thread :)

hi~ i've been hearing about bb cream...and plan to buy one.

but i have a question.

what is the difference between the BRTC perfect blemish balm and the BRTC perfect project

blemish balm? is it the same? one of the links (provided on the first page) had one of the

ebay shops and it has the product that says "BRTC perfect project" :wacko:

As state by deppstar and in the FAQs, BRTC perfect Blemish Balm has be discontinued.

Their main differences however are that BLemish balm is for oily skin whilst Perfect Protect is for dry skin.

Guest xenchantment

i've been looking through the old bb cream thread and i'm really glad that this one is so organized!

i'm looking into missha, but before i go, does anybody know if there are any bb cream products in the missha stores at Rowland Heights or San Gabriel??

Guest tklam

i've been looking through the old bb cream thread and i'm really glad that this one is so organized!

i'm looking into missha, but before i go, does anybody know if there are any bb cream products in the missha stores at Rowland Heights or San Gabriel??

I went to both of the stores like....2 weeks ago and both stores were out.

However, the San Gabriel one had other brands (e.g. Dr. Jardt) for sale (they were around $45, i think. . .don't quote me exactly on that. >_>)

Maybe you can try giving the stores a call and ask before you go?

Guest sarangie

BRTC perfect blemish balm has been discontinued.

hanskin super magic bb cream works for me, as in, skintone. appears dark (well, darker than other bb creams i have used) but adjusted to my skin colour quickly.

im a NC20/25 for reference. :sweatingbullets:

It's nice to know there are people out there who do appreciate this "new" thread :)

As state by deppstar and in the FAQs, BRTC perfect Blemish Balm has be discontinued.

Their main differences however are that BLemish balm is for oily skin whilst Perfect Protect is for dry skin.

oh i see. then what about the products selling in ebay shops? it says BRTC perfect protect blemish balm. is that for the dry skin?

also, BB cream experts~ need help~ please~ i have oily skin and i sometimes breakout,

and have fair~light skin. any recommendation? i'm willing to try anything that will work on

my skin, just don't know where to start~ :blush:

thanks~

oh i see. then what about the products selling in ebay shops? it says BRTC perfect protect blemish balm. is that for the dry skin?

also, BB cream experts~ need help~ please~ i have oily skin and i sometimes breakout,

and have fair~light skin. any recommendation? i'm willing to try anything that will work on

my skin, just don't know where to start~ :blush:

thanks~

get those higher end brands.

start off with brands like BRTC, hanskin, Dr Jart.

hanskin is popular in korea. so far, i have not heard of anybody breaking out from this.

BRTC contains mineral oil. please make sure that u are not allegric to that ingredient if you are using BRTC.

BB creams are generally not very good in oil control in the first place IMO. coverage is light to medium as well. if you have big red bumps which u are hoping to cover with bb cream, you won't be able too. use a concealer on top of bb cream, and set with a good oil control loose powder if you have oily skin.

as for fair skin, hanskin and BRTC should work. im around NC20/25 and i can wear hanskin. I think Dr Jart is slightly darker.

Dr Jart black label is catered for for acne prone if im not mistaken.

Guest xenchantment

@tklam: all right, thanks :D

I have normal/combination, light/medium skin. I have uneven skin tone due to sun tans (being a swim coach during the summer has its downfalls) any recommendations?

I don't really have anywhere to start, but I've heard good reviews with Gowoonsesang and Missha (really want to try the watery one)

@tklam: all right, thanks :D

I have normal/combination, light/medium skin. I have uneven skin tone due to sun tans (being a swim coach during the summer has its downfalls) any recommendations?

I don't really have anywhere to start, but I've heard good reviews with Gowoonsesang and Missha (really want to try the watery one)

get one with whitening properties. make sure that your skincare has whitening properties to even out your skintone as well. You can consider getting a whitening moisturizer.

Dr Gowoonesasang has 2 types. u can try the brightening bb cream from Dr.G.

or like I just mentioned above, u can get the hanskin super magic bb cream as well. it has whitening properties and comes in spf 30. but coverage is light.

Guest Elysia

been using coogi flowertox for about two months. it's great, although a lil pinkish for my skintone, but otherwise a pretty good fit. good oil control, and it smells nice too :P

it is running out soon though, and i wear it everyday: i want to try a new bbcream that shade is close to coogi, maybe a bit more yellow toned? is Skin79 Super+ Perfection BB Cream Oil-Free light in color? what are the lighter bbcreams? >_< i know skinfood shade #1 is closer to coogi, but i've heard bad reviews about skinfood breaking people out, and i have really sensitive skin... any recommends? i also heard carpe diem is light, maybe TOO light? o-o

Guest niki_k

Hi (I hope I'm allowed to ask)

But I didn't see a review on the Etude house BB cream!

etudebbcream.jpg

Also this other one by "Beauty Credit"

beautycreditbbcream.jpg

I really like how they designed the bottle/container - makes it cleaner and easier to use!

Where I live there is a Chinese Mall called Pacific Mall (Markham - near Toronto, Canada) and they sell this for $40 or something...

I want to know if it is any better/how it compares to Hanskin, BRTC, and such brands.

Because that store also sells those - for around same price and I want to know which to get (I use "Erkena by Leonard" BB cream at the moment...)

Has anyone tried it???

Please PM me with reply if it isn't too much trouble! >.<;;;

Guest azncrow7

been using coogi flowertox for about two months. it's great, although a lil pinkish for my skintone, but otherwise a pretty good fit. good oil control, and it smells nice too :P

it is running out soon though, and i wear it everyday: i want to try a new bbcream that shade is close to coogi, maybe a bit more yellow toned? is Skin79 Super+ Perfection BB Cream Oil-Free light in color? what are the lighter bbcreams? >_< i know skinfood shade #1 is closer to coogi, but i've heard bad reviews about skinfood breaking people out, and i have really sensitive skin... any recommends? i also heard carpe diem is light, maybe TOO light? o-o

I would say Carpe Diem is like a lighter version of DermaRX color-wise. The only lighter BB cream that is yellow-toned is Feverlet, but it's more for moisturizing so don't expect oil control...

Btw, I have a question on the regime. I normally just put on moisturizer and then BB cream, but if I were to add a primer would I put it on after the moisturizer and before the BB cream? I think I need some lightly-tinted products to help with coverage without looking cakey. :sweatingbullets:

Guest Autumn1430263885

hi~

could someone give me a review/comparrision of Dr.Jart's Silver Label Vs. Black?

so far i know that the black one is darker? ^^;

And if anyone's selling it let me know :ph34r:

can try hanskin, or feverlet. not sure about brtc. brtc is more pink toned, and has better oil control than coogi.

skin79 generally is considered as a darker bb ceam. if im not mistaken, so is Dr Jart. maybe soompiers can verify on that.

Btw, I have a question on the regime. I normally just put on moisturizer and then BB cream, but if I were to add a primer would I put it on after the moisturizer and before the BB cream? I think I need some lightly-tinted products to help with coverage without looking cakey. :sweatingbullets:

I thought most of the bb creams can be used as makeupp bases too?

but if u were to use, yeap, like annieangel said, primer comes before bb cream.

Guest Elysia

I would say Carpe Diem is like a lighter version of DermaRX color-wise. The only lighter BB cream that is yellow-toned is Feverlet, but it's more for moisturizing so don't expect oil control...

Btw, I have a question on the regime. I normally just put on moisturizer and then BB cream, but if I were to add a primer would I put it on after the moisturizer and before the BB cream? I think I need some lightly-tinted products to help with coverage without looking cakey. sweatingbullets.gif

can try hanskin, or feverlet. not sure about brtc. brtc is more pink toned, and has better oil control than coogi.

skin79 generally is considered as a darker bb ceam. if im not mistaken, so is Dr Jart. maybe soompiers can verify on that.

thanks! ^_^ i will research these.

and why don't you try mixing your primer and your moisturizer? i don't like putting too many layers onto my skin before bbcream... for extra light-tinted coverage, you can try using a TINTED moisturizer (shiseido thefacecare is my favorite atm. spf and the coverage is great, and it is very moisturizing). i've also heard of people using monistat anti-chafing cream as a primer which seems to work well. don't know if i would put something like that on my face though o_O

Thanks annieangel for making this new thread! It's so organized :D Could I make one suggestion/request... could there be a section that says what undertones each bb cream is good for? So people with yellow undertones could know which bb creams would fit them, and such.

On a sidenote, I'll be getting Lioele Beyond the Solution and Missha Watery bb cream next week. I already reviewed the Lioele after testing out my friend's, but I'm excited to try the Missha Watery. I shall come back with reviews~

Guest niki_k

..Umm - has anyone tried the Etude house BB cream or Beauty Credit!?!? I asked before but no one answered - it's a few posts up!!!

Thanks.~

so i've been using brtc's gold caviar for about a week or a week and a half, 2 weeks? - can't remember, the days go so fast! i'm more of a yellowtoned and with a single layer, it doesn't seem pinkish to me. people say that it has pinkish undertone but it seems fine on my face. i think maybe if you put a lot of layers, it could turn pink but with one or 2, you should be fine if you have yellow undertone.

i have combination skin, never break out except for 1-2 whiteheads on my eyebrow area when i work out too much, 3 freckles which you can still see through bb cream (though it lightens up of course). with all of my skin flaws, it gives me awesome coverage and perfect amount of dewiness that i like. i highly recommend it. also, i used to have some pink/red blotches on my cheeks and they are gone now. it's awesome that it really has skin care properties. i've tried all the expensive creams out there and nothing was able to take that away until this cream. and i heard it's one of the more higher end with higher quality ingredients and whatever the case is, it's really helping me even out my skin tone. i'm actually amazed.

i don't know maybe i'm a snob or inexpensive cosmeticphobe but i'm only going to stick to higher end brands. i don't believe in skimping out on skin care because skin isn't something you can take off and put on a new set of skin like clothing or accessories! i know a lot of higher end cosmetic products are based on name and hype but it's a risk i'm willing to take. so i'm going to take deppstar's advice and try out hanskin and dr. jart next. i will post reviews of those. hey deppstar, i know you love feverlet, is that considered higher end? thanks!

i don't know maybe i'm a snob or inexpensive cosmeticphobe but i'm only going to stick to higher end brands. i don't believe in skimping out on skin care because skin isn't something you can take off and put on a new set of skin like clothing or accessories! i know a lot of higher end cosmetic products are based on name and hype but it's a risk i'm willing to take. so i'm going to take deppstar's advice and try out hanskin and dr. jart next. i will post reviews of those. hey deppstar, i know you love feverlet, is that considered higher end? thanks!

lol. not sure. but during sprees, it's in the price range of BRTC. hanskin, Dr Jart is slightly more expensive. (usually a couple of dollars more)

http://www.feverlet.com/

^ does the link work? office comp no flash, cannot see. :blink:

Dr Goowonsesang hydra intensive is also quite popular.

Archived