(<8.0)-Seoul

East Of Eden (MBC):

Special= 6.2%-Nationwide

(<8.0)-Seoul

Gourmet (SBS):

Episode 19= 23.3% (2nd)-Nationwide

23.9% (2nd)-Seoul

source: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Main_Page

WOW! GOURMET is still on TOP! it's okay! it's only it's 1st airing! :) MORE HOPES!! :D:P:)

Guest sayroo

^^

the RATINGS are so sad RIGHT? but that's CORRECT it's only the FIRST episode! :D

^

i think no one UPLOADS KDRAMA in VEOH anymore? not SURE? :D you can TRY CLUBBOX, just like VEOH. :D

Guest sayroo

Source: JavaBeans

“Eden,” “Marriage” off to shaky starts

August 25th, 2008 // by javabeans

ps08082500008xt5.jpg

With a special broadcast kicking off the East of Eden extravaganza, eyes have turned to the upcoming Monday-Tuesday ratings rivalry, although Tazza won’t be making its debut until Gourmet ends in a few weeks.

Oddly enough, Eden chose to air a one-hour special on Monday, and plans to air both Episodes 1 & 2 on Tuesday, which they see as a method for grabbing viewers.

Thus it’s probably premature to draw conclusions based on ratings data on Day 1, but no matter how you slice it, the numbers were a severe disappointment to the high-budget, way-overhyped East of Eden. Some have even gone so far as to call its 6.2% first-day ratings (the special, mind you, not Episode 1) a “crushing defeat.” It came in last place, although just by a hair.

news12197207151236971mmv6.jpg

According to the numbers computed by ratings bureau TNS Media, the special broadcast for the new MBC Monday-Tuesday drama East of Eden that aired on the 25th came in with 6.2% ratings, last place in its time slot.

On the other hand, the first-place show was SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama Gourmet, coming in strong with 23.3%.

The special episode contained character introductions, behind-the-scenes clips, “making of” segments, the Hong Kong filming location, NG (outtake) clips, and other segments introducing the series. In-studio portions included appearances by Kim Bum, playing the younger role for star Song Seung-heon, as well as Seeya singer Nam Gyuri, who has a track on the OST.

However, the lead actors did not appear and the in-studio format with the hosts was not enough to capture viewer interest. … On the other hand, another show premiering its first episode was KBS2’s Monday-Tuesday series Love & Marriage, which recorded a 6.4% ratings figure.

2008082617113818rf0.jpg

(Note on the Love & Marriage title: The term literally means “love marriage,” and has no comma or punctuation separating the words, but the official posters bear the title “Love & Marriage,” so I am adjusting accordingly despite how it pains my grammar-nazi heart.) This was considered the dark horse up against two potential heavy-hitters, so its Episode 1 rating of 6.4% wasn’t much of a surprise (to me, at least).

I’ve seen the first episode of Love & Marriage and will talk about it in another post. I’m going to skip the Eden special, but want to check out how its first two episodes fare.

It’s interesting that Eden is being treated much more harshly than Marriage, despite their nearly identical numbers. All about expectations, I presume. Still, if possible, I’d say the lukewarm response to the Eden special has only raised expectations for the series proper (if that’s even possible). I’m not sure why they bothered with a special — were they trying to milk some extra ad revenue, and had that plan backfire? Legend did the same intro extravaganza with relative success, but an introductory special was actually helpful for that mythology-rich series.

We’ll see how the axe falls tomorrow.

Via Asia Economy, Sports Chosun

from the EOE thread! :D

Guest sayroo

^

CURRENTLY DOWNLOADING episode 1 from CLUBBOX!

but why is EPISODE 2 similar to the MESSAGE in the EPISODE 1 of EOE?! :D:D:D:D

Guest Trine29

Thank you for the caps! The show already looks adorable! I can't wait to see it!

If anyone could upload episode one to anything other than CB, I'd be sooooo grateful. I am a sad mac user : (

^

CURRENTLY DOWNLOADING episode 1 from CLUBBOX!

but why is EPISODE 2 similar to the MESSAGE in the EPISODE 1 of EOE?! :D:D:D:D

all messages now will be the same as the person uploading weekdays Mon to Thurs to the CB is me from Aigoo!. The last name is the clue!

And Trine29, why are you are a sad mac user. All to CB and to MU is done by me on a Macbook Pro and a Mac Quad Pro and even with Puela, is done on a Macbook. See we are not sad mac user. The clue is Parallels Desktop and or Bootcamp and we are happy campers, best of both worlds

Guest poptartsgurl

Thank you for the caps! The show already looks adorable! I can't wait to see it!

If anyone could upload episode one to anything other than CB, I'd be sooooo grateful. I am a sad mac user : (

We have this drama at Aigoo.

Um...are you sure it's Choi Phillip? It looks more like Otani Ryohei to me...

Haha...you're right...sorry...it's definitely Ryohei...but for some reasons I put down Choi Phillip...hehe...can't believe it...it's a good thing I included some pictures...:)

Here are some pictures from episode 2...

luvsoompis01100001sk6.jpg

luvsoompis01100007te7.jpg

luvsoompis01100046jp6.jpg

luvsoompis01100138vq0.jpg

luvsoompis01100141nm8.jpg

luvsoompis01100165sc2.jpg

luvsoompis01100208ig4.jpg

luvsoompis01100218gb0.jpg

luvsoompis01100267fn7.jpg

luvsoompis01100499mx9.jpg

luvsoompis01100506kj7.jpg

luvsoompis01100517kh2.jpg

luvsoompis01100519si2.jpg

luvsoompis01100582zm1.jpg

luvsoompis01100619fy7.jpg

luvsoompis01100662zc0.jpg

luvsoompis01100773gk6.jpg

Oh...I just saw javabeans's recap of episode 1 on her site...

http://www.dramabeans.com/2008/08/love-marriage-episode-1/

More pictures from episode 2...

I have to apologize for not telling much about the story through these pictures...hehe...

I just want to take some still shots...capture some expressions...:)

luvsoompis01100918bj3.jpg

luvsoompis01100920da1.jpg

luvsoompis01101005nc3.jpg

luvsoompis01101076by7.jpg

luvsoompis01101161ks6.jpg

luvsoompis01101215sm5.jpg

luvsoompis01101329zv6.jpg

luvsoompis01101402rs3.jpg

luvsoompis01101446ba7.jpg

luvsoompis01101586he6.jpg

luvsoompis01101630js3.jpg

luvsoompis01101700ww0.jpg