Can I Make It Based On Looks? Talent Too?

Guest sjbbsdancex3

Guest laughwest101

Oh, fine, I got dragged in by curiosity too. XD But really, this is a lifelong goal for me.

Preferred Entertainment Company: SM or YG

Nationality: Korean all the way~

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 105lb.

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: I speak Japanese, English, and Korean fluently, learning Spanish right now. Can play viola and piano, I act. Learning to hip hop right now and taking vocal lessons from a friend which is actually helping!

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment: nothing official, got lead in a few musicals.

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer: to become an idol that people look up to, to sing, to dance, be well known, to move to Korea as well...

Pretty recent pictures of myself:

9135_156548313871_833228871_2677627_5151254_n.jpg

7835_142947433871_833228871_2581997_206710_n.jpg

3921343389_d7a51e58b7.jpg

3942590987_805d9aa477.jpg

Singing:

She Is by Clazziquai http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEucyLgHmA

Irreplaceable by Beyonce http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NN66z33lVw

I don't have much "talent" in singing, so I'm working on it. XD I want to sing Clazziquai's song for a walk-in audition, but I'm scared that they'll think it's too soft, so I'm thinking of using Irreplaceable instead. Or So Sick by Neyo...not sure yet...

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jenny620

Well, I made it pretty far in the SM Audition in Korea and I was scouted for a company while I lived in Korea but dropped the offer to try at a more well known company. But I want to keep that out of the factoring.

are you still living in korea cause I dont know if its because I am bad at english or you said you have been scouted while you live in korea..well I think you have a very good chance of make it since you know lots of friends from sm entertainment and you have been very close to be accepted but what I though is that since you look a korean but also american I dont know what will be the reaction when you debute or something ,,well thats what a think, please dont take it personnaly. if not you have a great chances to get in.

Guest eric1430269509

Name: Sho Liu

Preferred Entertainment Company: SM, JYP, anything really

Nationality: USA

Ethnicity: 100% Mainland Chinese

Height: 5'11

Weight: 130 lb

Extra: I beatbox and do the occasional performance here and there. I also DJ for small parties and events, also I represent/model for a chinese streetwear brand. And I also enjoy dancing/singing but haven't really taken either seriously.

akufuncture42.jpg

Photo16.jpg

akufuncture21.jpg

Guest <3StrawberryPocky<3

I noticed that a lot of you posted pictures without people judging. Where did the critiquing people go!!?! D: Lol. I'm not so good at telling people what to improve on because I feel like I'm tearing a small piece of them in the inside, but I'll try! Please DON'T be offended at what I say! I'm so so sorry if I end up hurting someone though!

Name: David

Perferred Entertainment Company: YG, JYP

Ethnicity: Korean

Height: 5'7 bleh... :/

Weight: 140lb

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: I go to Berklee College of Music for vocal performance :) fluent in korean and english, i also compose songs and post them on myspace LOL

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment: noope~ met some composers in the industry before lol

click for music--->"http://www.myspace.com/djook1205"]MUSIC MYSPACE

Dude, you definitely have a lot of potential to make it in! Your singing is awesome, and I think you fit the overall Korean standards in terms of looks. Good luck!! :D

Name: Anna

Perferred Entertainment Company: JYPE

Nationality: Majority Half Chinese, Half Malay, but behind that I'm mixed with ALOT of other ethnicities

Height: 160

Weight:42 kg, I'm not underweight, I'm just active.

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: Singing & I play the guitar quite well

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment: I've done small private modelling jobs since I was 14 but the market in my country is really small so~, I've performed various times for occassions

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer: Because I want to live my life doing what I love, & I wouldn't have it any other way.

"http://www.imeem.com/baanana/music/u_Cn7v2Z/save-room/"]http://www.imeem.com/baanana/music/u_Cn7v2Z/save-room/

Dude, You're definitely pretty and good at singing!! :D But your voice sounds very young! And since you're a mix of ethnicities, you don't look Korean, which might not be favorable for a Korean company...lol. BUT YOU'RE STILL VERY VERY PRETTY! Good luck!!

( I am REAUDITIONING so think that justifies my enterting pictures here regardless of what may have happened before)

Name:Joel Lane (Jay Kim)

Preferred Entertainment Company: SM, JYP, DSP, PLEDIS, GnG, Cube, etc etc

Ethnicity: Half Korean Half White

Height: 6'0 (183 cm)

Weight: 150 (68 kg)

Well since you got in once, I'm pretty sure you can do it again! Hm....I think the only thing is that your skin is clear, but it looks a little...bumpy? Please don't take that offensively!! ^^" You probably already know Koreans are obsessed with super clear and nice skin, so maybe taking care of it will get rid of that "bumpiness"! Otherwise, you'll probably get in with no problem considering the fact you got scouted before! That takes skill, man. Lol. Good luck!!

Oh, fine, I got dragged in by curiosity too. XD But really, this is a lifelong goal for me.

Preferred Entertainment Company: SM or YG

Nationality: Korean all the way~

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 105lb.

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: I speak Japanese, English, and Korean fluently, learning Spanish right now. Can play viola and piano, I act. Learning to hip hop right now and taking vocal lessons from a friend which is actually helping!

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment: nothing official, got lead in a few musicals.

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer: to become an idol that people look up to, to sing, to dance, be well known, to move to Korea as well...

I don't have much "talent" in singing, so I'm working on it. XD I want to sing Clazziquai's song for a walk-in audition, but I'm scared that they'll think it's too soft, so I'm thinking of using Irreplaceable instead. Or So Sick by Neyo...not sure yet...

You have a very cute look! :D If you get in, you'd probably be that member in a girl group that everyone obsesses over because they're adorable, like Sohee! But you might need to work on your singing, just a bit! I'm sorry! Don't worry, you're 10000000X better than me by far. I just call myself tone deaf to justify my bad singing. -__- Lol. Good luck!!

Name: Sho Liu

Preferred Entertainment Company: SM, JYP, anything really

Ethnicity: 100% Mainland Chinese

Height: 5'11

Weight: 130 lb

Extra: I beatbox and do the occasional performance here and there. I also DJ for small parties and events, also I represent/model for a chinese streetwear brand. And I also enjoy dancing/singing but haven't really taken either seriously.

Your look seems like it'll fit better with a Taiwanese or Chinese industry, so maybe not a Korean industry, but definitely a Chinese/Taiwanese one! Lol. Good luck!!

Guest rexie92

Name: Rexie

Preferred Entertainment Company: JYPE.. but my friend from Korea who was a 'trainee' in this 'ent' told me I fit in SM. Oh well, I'm not picky.

Nationality: Filipino!

Height: 5'5"

Weight: (if you're comfortable enough to put it) 115lb.

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: (so we could get to know you a little better) I've been playing the violin since 4th grade. I've been trying to play the guitar.. keyword TRYING. I do photography for fun : )

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment: I've been an extra in some low-rated Asian TV series. LOL. I joined a teentv activity show back in the Philippines.. if that counts.

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer: I want to expand my horizons.. ; )

I join a lot of collabs here in soompi, but here are my solos:

Genie

By Myself (나 혼자서)

5zf9s7.jpg 2w57t41.jpg

2qb6kqg.jpg

^clickables.

8933_157445806910_619821910_3300484_7833617_n.jpg

^hey aren't you the one who won the Girls SUC 2009? haha i maybe wrong but i think so..

well i think you've got potential, i mean you've had somewhat experience and had advice from friends with experience too.

and on top of that if you are the one who won SUC then thats plenty good enough reason for you to get in haha.

Guest x stylejjang

Name: J______

Perferred Entertainment Company: YG, JYP, Cube, SM, DSP.

Nationality: Korean.

Height: 5'4

Weight: (if you're comfortable enough to put it)

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: (so we could get to know you a little better) i like to sing & danceeeeeeeeee. :)

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment: none.

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer: becuase i like to sing & dance. & i wanna show everyone what i can doooo !

--i dont have any singing clips atm. will do it soon !

PICTURES:

body:

2zgt1fs.jpg

face:

smvuyh.jpg

p678z.jpg10mq7ut.jpg

2l8750.jpg

THANKYOUUUUUUUU ! :)

Guest foreverwith_you

Name: Sarah

Perferred Entertainment Company: JYP JYP JYP... or sm

Nationality: KOREAN canadian

Height: i like to say im 160... lol yeah,, im pretty short.

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: (so we could get to know you a little better)

-i like acting too!

-i cant dance... but im in my schoool's dance team LOL

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment:

-school's talent show,, like 3 years ago ahah

-choir

-school's dance team

-acting classes

-um, 2008 sm audition..heh

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer:

-my life right now is almost a living hell. and i havent been to korea after i moved here to canada, which is about 14 years.

im so distracted in school because of this.. im got SO distracted that i can barely catch up in school anymore, so therefore, i kinda dont have any other choice (that i like..lol). I dont want to be cliche by saying "i love to sing, singing and becoming a performer is my dream and goal, that's what i live for", but i will.. and i just did lol. Basically, singing makes me forget all my worries.. yeap. and i think that's about it for now =)

*picture to come soon...i promise :) *

my 1st youtube vid!

personally, i dont like my beginning.. i'll have to fix up on that later on :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGcWhhTX17c

*edit*

and second one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uet6kjQx0i4

Guest Amethist

Hmm this thread is interesting, but idk how the companies judge, so this is only based on, how I think they would judge? Lol maybe I'm gonna let people judge me too, but for now I will judge others :).

@foreverwith_you,

The beginning is a little bit sloppy, but the ending sounds good imo! If you redo the beginning, and look at least average, you could pass :)..

@x stylejjang,

If you also have talent, you could pass :).

@rexie92,

You got the talent & the looks (haha I remember voting for you at the SUC XD), go for it :)..

Guest ehwangx94

name: Esta

ethnicity: koreannn

weight: 500 lbs

jk...

this is for fun

i mite try out for sm and i just wanted a wee bit feedback

i'll add clip of singing later... after i find one...

IMG000120.jpg

IMG000045.jpg

IMG000107-1.jpg

IMG000077.jpg

IMG000122.jpg

some are a bit silly...

Guest laughwest101

@Esta: I think you look pretty. :D Really Korean, if you know what I mean (probably don't XD). I think you should audition for SM. I don't think you could get in JUST based on looks, but if you can sing or something, I'm pretty sure you'd pass the first audition. You kinda look like some of SM's artists...like, so meone from f(x)?

Guest ehwangx94

jk...

this is for fun

IMG000120.jpg

IMG000045.jpg

IMG000107-1.jpg

IMG000077.jpg

IMG000122.jpg

some are a bit silly...

i'm sorry. this is to edit --> i forgot to add me singing... i'll try to asap

thx mucho

Guest sweet_mart

@ehwangx94-Eyebrow shaping, go to a professional and get their advice as far as shape, your hair is a bit plain so maybe a different cut or color. As far as makeup goes concealer on the eyebags, foundation for your skin, contour blush and eyeliner on your upper lid +mascara on top lashes and a pinky tone lipgloss. You have pretty workable features so I think with a little smoothing out of rough edges you will be fine ^_^

Guest ehwangx94

@ehwangx94-Eyebrow shaping, go to a professional and get their advice as far as shape, your hair is a bit plain so maybe a different cut or color. As far as makeup goes concealer on the eyebags, foundation for your skin, contour blush and eyeliner on your upper lid +mascara on top lashes and a pinky tone lipgloss. You have pretty workable features so I think with a little smoothing out of rough edges you will be fine ^_^

lol thank you for the tips

but i think at the auditions, they prefer a more natural look

i'll stay away from makeup for now (i always rub them off anyways...)

jk...

this is for fun

some are a bit silly...

i'm sorry. this is to edit --> i forgot to add me singing... i'll try to asap

thx mucho

in my opinion, yes they'll probably accept you. you're still pretty young and you've got a very pretty face. if not in for singing, they might try to get you in for modeling or acting.

just my opinion though. i've never been to an audition or anything before though...hahaha

good luck!

edit: oh, also, for the whole makeup thing and stuff, i don't think you should worry much about that. i think the entertainment companies are perfectly aware what change in makeup/hairdo can do and i think they would prefer your natural, young look. also, if you're wearing makeup and stuff, they won't really know how bad you may look behind it, hahaha...and the companies probably care a bit about how their celebrities look without all the makeup on too. so since you're already pretty with a natural, clean face, i feel it's best. just my opinion.

Guest InspiredCat

Just looking for some critiques.

Link to my youtube is in my signature ^^ I'm 23 and mixed. And yes, I know already that I need to lose weight so that subject has been covered, but any other constructive comments are definitely welcome!

Archived