Can I Make It Based On Looks? Talent Too?

Guest sjbbsdancex3

Guest jenny620

Boe- I think you would look better if you changed the curve of your eyebrows. I think the curve is too sharp, thus is somewhat clashes with your features.

2i0knc.jpg

^ I think something like this would look more subtle & pretty.

Credits to afterschool thread.

for this picture I think you will be great cause when a first saw it I thought you look like others korean stars

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jenny620

nono, the person in the picture is already a korean star :D

it's park gahee from after school :)

lol when I posted it I though about if she is already a star, well she is already a star..:P

Guest SUSIExoxo

Name: Susan

Perferred Entertainment Company: YG or JVP.

Nationality: 100% Chinese

Height: 4'11 T__T

Weight: (if you're comfortable enough to put it) 83lbs.

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: (so we could get to know you a little better)

I simply love music in general. I like singing and rapping. I love dancing. I've wrote a few songs before in my life, but i've never really composed one like literally. I'm currently in the progress of making one ^__^.

I admire photography alot, and since i'm always taking pictures it's one of my favorite things to do.

Photoshop is something i enjoy alot too, i learned photoshop when i was 4th grade and improved til now.

I really love being creative, i'm a very artistic person. I like to draw art, designing, decorating and anything that i can express myself with.

Fashion is something i'm currently trying to pursue. I like looking good everyday, it's just a natural thing for me.

I wouldn't leave my house without my ipod. Music is oxygen, i can't survive without it, i love it.

I also love writing and reading. Poems, short stories, creative writing, etc. i would write anything. I'm a fast reader, so i guess it should be another reason why i love books.

As far as sports wise, i'm not very athletic. But i still try to play as much sports as i can.

I'm a big joker, and i love to laugh. I love making people laugh too.

AND AND. don't forget, I LOVE SOOMPI & OTHER FORUMS ;D. i'm a big fangirl..

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment:

Does church choir count? I've been in it for about a year, and the teacher selected kids so i was selected. I've also had some school performances in my elementary years. We sang, and danced, and me and bunch of kids did a solo recorder thing. Can't forget that i did like a fan dance for Chinese school when i was little. & there was this program called NDI it was like a hiphop thing at my elementary school and we performed everyyear in front of the whole school. I did ballet before aswell in front of these really uh.. "important people?"

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer:

Inspiration plays a big part of wanting to become an entertainer. I've been inspired by lots of various and i've found my love for music. I enjoy & love dancing, singing, rapping, and entertaining.

CLIPS: i'll come back and edit for that. :3.

PICTURES:

picturee.jpg

picture2.jpg

4207_1159564952680_1334485866_18962.jpg

Guest syk759

Seriously if anyone here wants to succeed and have talent then there's no prob because.................. surgery is here :D

In my opinion... Surgery is an idiotic way to gain more popularity where ever. Sure some people want to listen to your music, and buy merchandise related to you when you're pretty, but I absolutely hate surgery. I don't care how ugly people may say I am, I would never take a knife to any part of myself. It horrifies me what people can do with a poor self-image and money. :tongue2: And it embarrasses me that most of the attention Koreans are getting in the U.s. is about the amount of plastic surgery and how most girls look the same.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that there are some people who would never ever want to get surgery.

Oh, and maybe you misstated but you said, "...if anyone here wants to succeed and have talent///surgery is here...". You can't get talent from surgery and it isn't a sure thing that you're going to succeed if you get surgery. Especially if you get the surgery in Korea. After all, then you'd just look like all the other girls who had surgery there...too many to count.

(By the way, I am Korean and I mean no offense to Koreans but I just wish they'd stop screwing with their faces. :( )

Guest Brunide

Yeah I said if you have talent but not the looks there's surgery, so don't worry about the looks since this thread is like "am I beautiful enough to get into the entertainment industry?"

And i don't think surgery is an idiotic way to gain popularity, it's just that right now people rather watch gorgeous actors with talent than "ugly" actors with talent.

But it's your opinion and i have mine.

NB : sorry for my poor english :( hope it's understandable

Guest syk759

Yeah I said if you have talent but not the looks there's surgery, so don't worry about the looks since this thread is like "am I beautiful enough to get into the entertainment industry?"

And i don't think surgery is an idiotic way to gain popularity, it's just that right now people rather watch gorgeous actors with talent than "ugly" actors with talent.

But it's your opinion and i have mine.

NB : sorry for my poor english :( hope it's understandable

Actually, that's mostly in superficial places; like, currently and unfortunately, South Korea. There are many famous actors and actresses in America who really aren't very attractive but have tons of skill in their profession, which, as a result, makes them more popular and therefore attractive. And at least there's something called, "unique beauty" in most countries. In Korea, there seems to be only one definition of pretty and every body is trying to achieve that...which makes them look the same.

My main point is, you wouldn't have to get surgery if it wasn't such a trend in Korea. All you'd have to do is improve your skills and focus on your good points. So I still stand by my previous statement. I still believe surgery is an idiotic way to gain popularity...though, it seems to be a perfectly normal way in Korea.

(Once again, like I said in my last post, I am Korean and I mean no offense to others, I just wish that reputation we have gained as being an ethnicity which relies on plastic surgery would go away. :( )

Anyway, Brunide, let's just agree to disagree since this conversation is obviously going nowhere and just taking up space in this topic. :sweatingbullets:

Guest ginnytan208945

Name:Ginny Tan

Perferred Entertainment Company:SM or Jyp

Nationality:Chinese

Height:5'3 ( tragic T_T)

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: well i always randomly break out into a song, as long you say a word that relates to a lyrics of a song i'll start singing... since i was 3 i have always wanted a job in the entertainment industry i started out wanting to be a dancer, then a fashion designer and about 4 years ago i wanted to be a singer and i realize this might the best one so far...lol. I started to take opera lessons since last year and my voice type is colaturra mezzo. I inherited my voice from my dad since he sings opera( hobby) oh and i live in panama i dun think much people know about this place. i am an ABC actually but moved to panama. I am fluent i mean talking with no accent in: english, mandarin, cantonese, and spanish :)oh and i also play the piano but may level might just be above mediocre. and often confused to be another asian ethnicity (lol)

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment: Does singing contest counts? or stage presentations? if so i have a fair few experiences. i have been on 2 talents shows, participated in 2 karaoke contests in both won second place, have performed in school fairs, and have had a few piano recitals and one singing recital, and won 5th place in a panama chinese singing competition. I was the youngest competitor:) and the only girl to make it to top 5 jeje.... even though i got 5th place but everybody was adults...so it doesnt matter....

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer: because music is what i love even though im young i know how much i love music and i need to listen to music everyday its a need! and i love the feeling of being on stage... when im on stage i feel the need to give my voice to the audience!

Image248.jpg

Image244.jpg

Image243.jpg

-uploading it later

Guest koore

Name:Ginny Tan

Perferred Entertainment Company:SM or Jyp

Nationality:Chinese

Height:5'3 ( tragic T_T)

Fun fact/hobbies/anything: well i always randomly break out into a song, as long you say a word that relates to a lyrics of a song i'll start singing... since i was 3 i have always wanted a job in the entertainment industry i started out wanting to be a dancer, then a fashion designer and about 4 years ago i wanted to be a singer and i realize this might the best one so far...lol. I started to take opera lessons since last year and my voice type is colaturra mezzo. I inherited my voice from my dad since he sings opera( hobby) oh and i live in panama i dun think much people know about this place. i am an ABC actually but moved to panama. I am fluent i mean talking with no accent in: english, mandarin, cantonese, and spanish :)oh and i also play the piano but may level might just be above mediocre. and often confused to be another asian ethnicity (lol)

Any experience in any of the fields in entertainment: Does singing contest counts? or stage presentations? if so i have a fair few experiences. i have been on 2 talents shows, participated in 2 karaoke contests in both won second place, have performed in school fairs, and have had a few piano recitals and one singing recital, and won 5th place in a panama chinese singing competition. I was the youngest competitor:) and the only girl to make it to top 5 jeje.... even though i got 5th place but everybody was adults...so it doesnt matter....

Reason why you want to pursue your dream of becoming an entertainer: because music is what i love even though im young i know how much i love music and i need to listen to music everyday its a need! and i love the feeling of being on stage... when im on stage i feel the need to give my voice to the audience!

Image248.jpg

Image244.jpg

Image243.jpg

Image226.jpg

are you really 14? really dont look like haha, tu tienes un rostro bonito jeje :D

and based in what i read you got such an amount of talent for a 14 yo so you can do it!

Guest ginnytan208945

are you really 14? really dont look like haha, tu tienes un rostro bonito jeje :D

and based in what i read you got such an amount of talent for a 14 yo so you can do it!

gracias! thanks, you know spanish? where are you from?

Guest koore

gracias! thanks, you know spanish? where are you from?

korean background, estoy morando en canada mas o menos por 2 anos, pero yo naci y creci en brazil :]

Guest ginnytan208945

korean background, estoy morando en canada mas o menos por 2 anos, pero yo naci y creci en brazil :]

q bn...pero no se supone que en brazil hablan portugues? iwal lol

Guest cascade810

looking through the forum i saw that some people wanted to audition for companies like jtunes or yg and so on

but dont they have auditions only in korea

so how are people from the US or any other place suppose to audition

i mean, yeah you can fly all the way there (who would do that?!?!) but what if you dont know korean or your not even korean

also, do they have email or mail auditions?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest soko_6657

imma keep it shooort x]

phoootooo: *removed it*

clip:CLICKY

press download then press open so that you can listen to it w/o dwnloading it :]

Guest ginnytan208945

imma keep it shooort x]

press download then press open so that you can listen to it w/o dwnloading it :]

i think u can make it but it would be mainly on looks(you look cute), cause (no offense) ur voice is great but sort of common...like there's already a lot of stars that sing like that; but if u do pass i think ur gonna be an awesome addition in a girl group.

imma keep it shooort x]

phoootooo: %7Boption%7D2nmyav.jpg

i have to sleep now, so i'm just going to say you remind me of gyuri from kara and seohyun from snsd :) with a little of your own individuality of course :D

Archived