[drama 2008] All About My Family / Prime Of My Life / My Life's Golden Age 내 인&#49

Guest huangsy

^ That would be funny - Tae Il and his son, Lee ___.

Geum really does love KW and doesn't see why the children have to pay for the sins of the parents.

But KW understands the reality of the situation. It's not that he's choosing his mother over Geum...I think it's more about his guilt towards MJ for what his own mother did to her, and he doesn't want to have to make Geum choose him over her own parents. One member of his family has already wronged hers so much, and he doesn't want to add to that, IMO.

Ep. 43

Geum's father tells Mi Ja that he told Geum and KW about her past with KJ.

MJ tells him that Hwang is pregnant and plans on keeping the baby.

Ki apologizes for the way he talked to his father. His father tells him to live his life as he wants and have a son, so that one day his son won't say those same words to him. Ki realizes that his father hasn't given his permission, but rather, his father has merely given up on him.

At breakfast, Hawangs father talks about her pregnancy. She has no expections of getting back together with Tae Il.

Grandma wonders why KW hasn't come for breakfast like he said he would come everyday.

MJ tells Geum not to take the things she said too much to heart. Geum reminds her that she's said such cruel things many times before. Just like if you beat a person and then tell him to forget the hits, do the bruises suddenly disappear?

Geum's father asks Geum if she's thought it over and what her decision is (about KW). Geum asks if he's going to follow her decision like he said he would. He says yes. Then, Geum says her decision is the same as before - she won't part with KW. She's thought about it all night long and sees no reason to break up with KW. Why do they have to break up? What happened in the past is not their fault. Dad explains that he told them about the past, so that Geum and KW could understand the truth and then break up. Geum says he should have said so from the beginning then, rather than saying he would go along with whatever they decided. She has given it a lot of thought, too....why do they have to take responsibility for something that happened thirty years ago? MJ asks Geum if she means what she said. Geum does. She tells her parents once again that she won't break up with KW, but in exchange, she won't ask her parents to let them marry.

Hwang meets with Tae Il, who's being curt and his typical richard simmons-like self. Thinking she'll regret it later if she doesn't say it now, Hwang talks about how, 7 years ago when they married, he was in love with her...but she was deeply hurt (by Hyo Eun's father, who left her), and she gradually started liking Tae Il after they married. As she liked him more and more as time passed, she eventually came to love him with a love that filled her heart and made it so she couldn't live without him. It was at that moment that he had an affair. That's why she didn't want to admit that she had done wrong - because of her pride that her love had caused her wounds once again.

Tae Il doesn't see why they have to talk about this subject again. Hwang admits that she still likes him a lot. Tae Il - so what? Tae Il accuses Hwang of still thinking that she had him in the palm of her hand and that he would come running to herat the drop of a hat. Hwang says that's not it. Tae Il says it doesn't matter. He doesn't care whether or not she still has feelings for him. She's his past, and he doesn't want anything to do with her now.

He gets up to leave, and Hwang tells him that she's 4 months pregnant with his child. Tae Il leaves.

KW and Geum have lunch. KW teases her for not being able to cut her steak. She says there's some good points to having a boyfriend. They're supposed to watch a movie, but KW gets called to work. They buy couple hats.

Tae Il comes to see Hwang. He's upset that she only told him now, but he doesn't believe that she only recently found out, too. He doesn't put it past her to have planned this all out and asks where the proof is that the baby is his. Hwang knows it's his. It was the night they talked about having a second child...before he received the pictures. She tells him she's going to have the baby - it's the one she wanted to have during their marriage, and she felt joy when she found out she was pregnant. Tae Il tells her not to have the baby. She says she's going to have and raise the baby regardless of him. He tells her there's no way he'll get back together with her, so she better think again about having the baby.

Tae Il's matchmaking date is at his house when he arrives. It turns out that her father and Tae Il's father are high school classmates.

Geum's father calls KW to meet. He asks KW if he knows the reason he met with them and told them about the past. KW says he knows.

He tells KW to end the relationship with Geum first because he's the man. He says that Geum said she couldn't break up, so KW has to be the one to do it.

Geum's father knows how unfair it is, but KW must do it. He says that in life there are moments that are unbearable...but in the end, those moments pass. That's all he can say, and he apologizes to KW [for putting the burden on him].

At home, KW starts drinking. KJ wonders if he and Geum broke up. KW remarks she shouldn't be surprised that he'd do as he pleases, being the son of such a selfish mother.

MJ asks Geum if she's going to continue ignoring the feelings of her mother. Geum reminds her that she said she wouldn't get married. This angers MJ even more. MJ says she had expected that Geum would have ended things with KW immediately, once she learned about MJ's past with KJ.

Geum's father tells MJ to just wait because KW said he would end it.

KW takes Geum to a studio and sings her a song...like he had promised to do before. [I didn't know Shin Sung Rok could sing.]

This was the only promise he could remember that he hadn't kept. Is there anything else he promised to do?

Geum asks why he's being like this all of a sudden. KW says to break up.

KW tells her that they should end their relationship and to stop enduring/holding out. She is MJ's daughter, and he's KJ's son. That fact can't be changed.

Geum says she can't part from him. She told her parents that she wouldn't and that they wouldn't get married. They can just go on dating.

KW tells her he doesn't to just date. He wants marriage. He tells her to just accept it and not to be immature. He says to be brave, like the Lee Geum she is.

Geum says she's had no time to prepare. How can he do this so suddenly? KW tells her to prepare from now on. He'll give her time to.

Geum goes to see KW at the station. She tells him not to say such scary things that he'll regret later. She says they can go on dating in secret. She can't live without him. Can he live without her? Does it really not matter to him if he never sees her again?

KW says it does matter, but they still have to break up. KJ is the one remaining parent he has, and Geum's parents are the ones that raised her. Does she want them to live immorally (forsaking their parents)?

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ep. 44

KW takes Geum home. She asks if this is the only way. He says yes.

She asks if he has the confidence not to regret? He says, of course, he regrets. He'll regret it the moment that door closes.

Geum says he won't change his mind though, right? KW remains silent.

Geum says there's nothing she can do then, if he's going to think like that, but she doesn't think that way. She's thought about it all night long, too, but her conclusion was different. Disobeying her mother would be a sin, but at least she wouldn't feel like dying. But having to give up KW, though not a sin, would be like dying. Since he feels differently, she'll accept his break up.....but she won't forgive him...for leaving her away twice. She tells him that she won't wish him to live well or be happy. She wishes he'll suffer and want to die as much as her...and to agonizingly regret his decision.

Geum says goodbye and turns to leave the car. KW tells her that, if his mother were the victim, then he would have also held out until the end. Even if she were to leave him, he would have held out until his last breath.

Geum is angry that he's doing this because of his conscience. She's the one who brazenly held out in front of his mother even though she's unable to have children.

Geum says she won't forgive him and then gets out of the car.

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0rj0.jpgmylifesgoldenagee44kor0rz5.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0ln9.jpgmylifesgoldenagee44kor0bp8.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0za9.jpgmylifesgoldenagee44kor0fr7.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0sk8.jpgmylifesgoldenagee44kor0qo1.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0tk5.jpgmylifesgoldenagee44kor0mf7.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0ih3.jpgmylifesgoldenagee44kor0jl1.jpg

Hwang goes to watch Ki practice.

She tells him to wake up. He doesn't have what it takes, so he should go back to being a doctor.

She also asks him if he's going to keep seeing Tae Young. Once the baby's born, he will be its maternal uncle, and TY will be its paternal aunt.

Hwang's parents ask if she's told Tae Il about the baby yet. She says she hasn't.

Hwang drops by Tae Il's office on her way to a meeting. He's furious that she came and tells her not to even dream about getting back together.

Grandma sees Grandpa having lunch with another woman, and she makes a scene.

Seung Gi brings KW home after drinking to much at the staff dinner. KW asks his mother why she did it and that she should apologize to MJ. Then, maybe MJ would forgive her.

Hwang goes for a prenatal check-up at the hospital, where a friend of Tae Il's mother sees her.

Ki tells TY about Hwang's pregnancy. Ki gets cut from the musical.

Tae Il and Kim Yoon Soo have lunch in the cafeteria and run into Hwang. Afterwards, Tae Il goes to see her, angry that she revealed herself as Tae Il's ex-wife. Tae Il accuses Hwang of using the pregnancy as a ploy to get him back, but she says she had no intention of that after all that has happened and with everyone discovering the secret about Hyo Eun's paternity. She merely wanted to tell him how she felt. She says there'll be no further instances of her contacting him again.

KJ goes to the Lee house looking for MJ and berates her for lying to KW about being barren when she has a daughter as contradictory proof. KJ also says MJ broke her promise not to tell KW, but MJ says she never made such a promise.

KJ berates MJ for putting all the blame on her, when it was her own fault for keeping the baby of a man who left her even though the doctors said she was too small and weak to have a child. Then, she talks about how her brother failed an exam because MJ seduced him.

MJ tells her to get out, and they get in a nasty fight.

Geum asks MJ why she didn't tell KJ that she's adopted. MJ said what's the use in telling that woman...plus, you're my daughter!

MJ begs Geum to end things with KW in her heart. She can't bear to see her daughter with the son of that woman.

KW films a raid on an illegal place and gets injured. At the hospital, he remembers happy moments with Geum.

At the same time, Geum thinks of him. Seung Gi calls her and tells her about KW's injury.

Geum comes to the restaurant where KW is eating. She says she can't use a knife well, but she can use chopsticks (KW can't because of his injury). She tells him he's a fool for using his arm to block the camera. He should have used the camera to protect his arm. KW says he'll do that next time.

KW asks if he's dreaming.

KW: Geum...

Geum: What, Driver Go? [This is a joke from before - Geum told him to buy her some meat (go gi = meat, sa = buy) and called him her driver Go (gi sa = driver)]

KW tells Geum that he was wrong again, and she was right. He really thought he was going to die (from not seeing her). He wants to date secretly.

Geum tells him to eat first and talk later.

Geum takes him home and tells him that she came to see him today to break things off completely with him. She says that she was wrong, and he was right. She is her mother's daughter, and he is his mother's son, so it can't be.

She tells him that his mother came to their house today and fought with her mom. She promised her mother that she would make a clean break from him in her heart. She came to see him today because she felt bad about what she said to him last time - that she wanted him to regret to the point of wanting to die.

KW says that in one hour, she brought him from heaven to hell. Why did she come?

Geum came to tell him that she was happy while she was with him, that she's grateful, and that she loved him. She loved without regret, learned how to love, and is learning how to part like an adult.

Geum gives him a kiss and leaves with, "Geum is going, Driver Go."

KW tells her not to meet anyone else and, no matter what, not to be sick. :tears::tears::tears:

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0py3.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0he5.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0qb9.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0um4.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0xi0.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0tt9.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0wn1.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0tt5.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0un1.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0yy7.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0cg1.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0wf5.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0yd0.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0mg6.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0jv6.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0rw1.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0fb4.jpg

mylifesgoldenagee44kor0sk7.jpg

Guest Matahari_Biru

Right on time.... Hjkomo, thank you so much for the summary and caps....

One thing surprise me is how well Shin Sung Rok sing.... Love him in these 2 eps.

Yeah, I didn't know he could sing.

It merely confirms what I had suspected in 3 Dads, 1 Mom - that his was actually the strongest vocals when the three dads were singing to the baby. :phew:

This episode was so sad. :tears:

KJ goes to the Lee house looking for MJ and berates her for lying to KW about being barren when she has a daughter as contradictory proof. KJ also says MJ broke her promise not to tell KW, but MJ says she never made such a promise.

KJ berates MJ for putting all the blame on her, when it was her own fault for keeping the baby of a man who left her even though the doctors said she was too small and weak to have a child. Then, she talks about how her brother failed an exam because MJ seduced him.

MJ tells her to get out, and they get in a nasty fight.

Geum asks MJ why she didn't tell KJ that she's adopted. MJ said what's the use in telling that woman...plus, you're my daughter!

MJ begs Geum to end things with KW in her heart. She can't bear to see her daughter with the son of that woman.

Geum takes him home and tells him that she came to see him today to break things off completely with him. She says that she was wrong, and he was right. She is her mother's daughter, and he is his mother's son, so it can't be.

So there was a tinge of "I'm-just-her-adopted-daughter" in Guem decision making. I'm glad her mother cleared the air and got her thinking right.

But the truth is, if KJ were to apologize and MJ were to forgive there will be a chance for Guem and KW and the two women would have more peace in their lives.

So what is the deal with MJ and KJ's brother? Does she mean Tae Il's father? :o What's that about???

hjkomo as always Thank you for the caps and summary :P

So what is the deal with MJ and KJ's brother? Does she mean Tae Il's father? :o What's that about???

No, KJ and Tae Il's father are cousins.

There wasn't much said, other than KJ's point of view. I'm guessing that KJ's brother liked MJ and also failed his exam. KJ, of course, throws out that he must have failed because of MJ leading him on (There's been no indication, however, other than what KJ said, that MJ ever even dated him.)

Guest *beccas

for some reason i really want hwang and tae il to get back together and I really want

tae il to go back to her and tell her that he wants her back. actually i want hwang to back off and then

tae il feel like he wants hwang back so he follows her and checks up on her. then it would be great

if she went on a date with someone and then tae il saw that and then

tae il would go bezerky and snap at hwang and tell her to come back to him :)

for some reason i really want hwang and tae il to get back together and I really want

tae il to go back to her and tell her that he wants her back. actually i want hwang to back off and then

tae il feel like he wants hwang back so he follows her and checks up on her. then it would be great

if she went on a date with someone and then tae il saw that and then

tae il would go bezerky and snap at hwang and tell her to come back to him :)

How can she back off. Isn't TaeIl mother hounding her. :unsure:

So is Guem really sick now? The writer couldn't think of any other way to bring reconciliation between Geum and KW but through her dying? So disappointed. :tears:

Guest zoey303

How can she back off. Isn't TaeIl mother hounding her. :unsure:

So is Guem really sick now? The writer couldn't think of any other way to bring reconciliation between Geum and KW but through her dying? So disappointed. :tears:

yes she's sick, it's full blown leukemia, and the doctor's course of treatment is for a bone marrow transplant. but since she's adopted she's going to have a hard time finding a suitable donor.

i think that the writers will make either kw or his mother be the donor, then both families can reconcile and allow geum and kw to be together.

yes she's sick, it's full blown leukemia, and the doctor's course of treatment is for a bone marrow transplant. but since she's adopted she's going to have a hard time finding a suitable donor.

i think that the writers will make either kw or his mother be the donor, then both families can reconcile and allow geum and kw to be together.

I would have gotten 100 more times satisfaction out of KJ saying "I'm sorry" and MJ saying "I forgive you"

Guest maria66

Thanks to all who are contributing to this thread. This is one of my current "must watch" dramas. I'm watching it on the MBC America channel in Hawaii and it has Eng. subs. It comes on Sat/Sun. We just finished episode 24.

wouldn't it be nice if you could do a brief summary after watching? can't seem to find a proper summary. Just got to make do with what I find here.

Guest maria66

No, KJ and Tae Il's father are cousins.

There wasn't much said, other than KJ's point of view. I'm guessing that KJ's brother liked MJ and also failed his exam. KJ, of course, throws out that he must have failed because of MJ leading him on (There's been no indication, however, other than what KJ said, that MJ ever even dated him.)

Hjkomo, can you please tell me what is being said at the end of ep 36 and beginning of ep 37. I am dying of curiosity. You are the only one who can help me. Thank you.

Archived