Supermodel Ruslana Korshunova Dies

Guest leongfun

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest -x.smile.31

she was so young and pretty! i can't believe she committed suicide...

her web entries were really deep and passionate though...

R.I.P

Guest XTINE__

aggh, i read about this on yahoo news. such a pretty and sweet girl! it's such a shame she had to resort to suicide :(

may she RIP.

btw, the first article that was posted said she was from russia, but she's really from kazahkistan (im sure i spelled this wrong)..

Guest leongfun

10dgznb.jpg

The distraught boyfriend of supermodel Ruslana Korshunova said Sunday he had no idea why the green-eyed stunner took her own life in a desperate plunge from her luxury Manhattan apartment.

"She was doing good. She was one of the top models. She was happy with this," said Mark Kaminsky, 32.

Carrying a bouquet of white roses and lilies, Kaminsky wept outside Korshunova's Water St. apartment as he recalled how he met the Kazakh beauty through a friend in March.

He wooed the 20-year-old model - known for her flowing locks and feline looks - with the words, "I'm in shock over you. You are so beautiful."

The pair moved into Kaminsky's Staten Island house just two days after they met, although Korshunova kept the downtown apartment she treasured.

"We decided right away, we were a good couple. I was in love," said Kaminsky, a luxury car exporter.

Korshunova moved in with boyfriend Mark Kaminsky two days after meeting the luxury car importer in March but spent her last night with ex-beau Perchenok (below).

21cb3v7.jpg

2z73ozs.jpg

He last saw his girlfriend about noon on Saturday, about two hours before she leaped to her death. They had plans to go to her best friend's birthday party that night.

Korshunova seemed to have everything - a jet-set life, a new boyfriend and gorgeous looks that landed her the covers of top fashion magazines.

But everything may have been too much.

Korshunova was barely out of her teens, working near-constantly and - her online confessions reveal - feeling "lost" in a foreign land.

"She gave up on herself," said her ex-boyfriend Artem Perchenok, 24. "Everybody here can barely breathe."

Her death was ruled a suicide on Sunday, and although there was no note, there were some signs that Korshunova was in plenty of pain.

"I'm so lost, will I ever find myself?" she wrote in March on her page on a Russian social networking site.

One close friend, who spoke only on the condition of anonymity, said Korshunova, who broke onto the global modeling scene in 2005, hated her hectic life.

She had recently returned from Paris and was scheduled to be in Texas on Sunday.

"I guess, suddenly, she was no longer a new girl. She was depressed about that," the friend said. "She'd made her money and she wanted to get out of the modeling business badly."

Korshunova's online posts seemed to perk up after she met Kaminsky.

"I saw the spark in her eyes when she was with him. She was thrilled," said a friend.

But even with a new relationship, friends said Korshunova kept her emotions bottled up. Acquaintances said they had no clue about the black thoughts behind the beautiful smile.

"She was a wonderful person, always happy. She never showed any signs. God bless her," said Brian, 30, a neighbor who gave only his first name and said he styled Korshunova's hair for more than two years.

Archived