Supermodel Ruslana Korshunova Dies

Guest leongfun

Guest leongfun

EDIT

10dgznb.jpg

The distraught boyfriend of supermodel Ruslana Korshunova said Sunday he had no idea why the green-eyed stunner took her own life in a desperate plunge from her luxury Manhattan apartment.

"She was doing good. She was one of the top models. She was happy with this," said Mark Kaminsky, 32.

Carrying a bouquet of white roses and lilies, Kaminsky wept outside Korshunova's Water St. apartment as he recalled how he met the Kazakh beauty through a friend in March.

He wooed the 20-year-old model - known for her flowing locks and feline looks - with the words, "I'm in shock over you. You are so beautiful."

The pair moved into Kaminsky's Staten Island house just two days after they met, although Korshunova kept the downtown apartment she treasured.

"We decided right away, we were a good couple. I was in love," said Kaminsky, a luxury car exporter.

Korshunova moved in with boyfriend Mark Kaminsky two days after meeting the luxury car importer in March but spent her last night with ex-beau Perchenok (below).

21cb3v7.jpg

2z73ozs.jpg

He last saw his girlfriend about noon on Saturday, about two hours before she leaped to her death. They had plans to go to her best friend's birthday party that night.

Korshunova seemed to have everything - a jet-set life, a new boyfriend and gorgeous looks that landed her the covers of top fashion magazines.

But everything may have been too much.

Korshunova was barely out of her teens, working near-constantly and - her online confessions reveal - feeling "lost" in a foreign land.

"She gave up on herself," said her ex-boyfriend Artem Perchenok, 24. "Everybody here can barely breathe."

Her death was ruled a suicide on Sunday, and although there was no note, there were some signs that Korshunova was in plenty of pain.

"I'm so lost, will I ever find myself?" she wrote in March on her page on a Russian social networking site.

One close friend, who spoke only on the condition of anonymity, said Korshunova, who broke onto the global modeling scene in 2005, hated her hectic life.

She had recently returned from Paris and was scheduled to be in Texas on Sunday.

"I guess, suddenly, she was no longer a new girl. She was depressed about that," the friend said. "She'd made her money and she wanted to get out of the modeling business badly."

Korshunova's online posts seemed to perk up after she met Kaminsky.

"I saw the spark in her eyes when she was with him. She was thrilled," said a friend.

But even with a new relationship, friends said Korshunova kept her emotions bottled up. Acquaintances said they had no clue about the black thoughts behind the beautiful smile.

"She was a wonderful person, always happy. She never showed any signs. God bless her," said Brian, 30, a neighbor who gave only his first name and said he styled Korshunova's hair for more than two years.

2amec8.jpg

ruslanakorshunova8ja7.jpg

7e2251c92993288d058ba88fa91f1c60ca3d54ac_m.jpg

EDIT:

Supermodel Ruslana Korshunova poured her heart out on the Web in the months leading to her apparent suicide.

"Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably," the sandy-haired knockout wrote in a poem that concluded: "And never regret anything that made you smile."

The Kazakh beauty wrote that love "blinds," "sets souls afire," and "is always the answer" in emotion-soaked passages posted on a social networking site.

Korshunova volleyed between Russian and English in her heartfelt prose, but love was a central theme no matter the language. "Do not confuse love and desire," she wrote in Russian in her most recent posting May 30. "Love is the sun, desire - only flash. Desire dazzles, and the sun gives life."

The soulful note warns of the perils of sacrifice.

"Love does not take away from one in order to give to another," wrote Korshunova, a 20-year-old thousands of miles from her native Kazakhstan. "Love - this is the essence of life. But you will not give your life to another."

Korshunova's most telling message came three months ago: "I'm so lost. Will I ever find myself?"

She appeared angry in some postings, brokenhearted in others.

"I'm a pinkberry. I'm a witch. I don't care what you say!!!" she wrote March 11. "I know what it is. I know why my other relationships didn't work out, 'cause I'm unpredictable. Why are you afraid of it?"

In January, she wrote, "It hurts, as if someone took a part of me, tore it out, mercilessly stomped all over and threw it out.

"My dream is to fly. Oh, my rainbow it is too high," she wrote in a March note.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bonbons

at first I was like, "not another one died from anorexia" o_o;

but wow, this is just, unexpected. RIP. she's so pretty ><

Guest originalgangster!

Did she have a photoshoot in Central Park recently? like in the past week? My little sister was just in New York. She came home today & said:

"I saw a lady having a photoshoot in Central Park while i was in New York." My little sister described her as "Skinny, Pale, European with reddish brunette hair."

Doesn't that sound like her? The description fits her and she was staying in Manhattan. If that was really Ruslana, I can't believe it!

I was really looking forward to seeing the pictures in Elle or Vogue or something. This is so sad and weird. omg.

btw we live in california, if I did live near New York i would have most def. gone to see the photoshoot or something.

Guest Xcstasy

she fell of a balcony?!?

omg... WHAT A NIGHTMARE! I hate stuff like this. It's so sad. I feel bad for her. I can't imagine seeing the ground and knowing that is what's going to kill you and thinking how bad it will hurt and how it's all over...

:tears:

I honestly would have rather she died from Anorexia or something I wouldn't feel bad and scared about.

:tears:

I honestly would have rather she died from Anorexia or something I wouldn't feel bad and scared about.

:blink::blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Anyways I will pretend I didnt read that

This is awful to hear

how did this happen??

Poor thing RIP, she was absolutly stunning

Guest elimkuk

that's really tragic :tears: :tears: :tears: she was actually one of the only models that i could recognise in magazine, because her beauty was really unique to the other models at the moment. they said she suffered from depression and that is why she cut off the construction netting to her balcony and jumped :tears:

so stunning

5b1rm0.jpg

2lo3w4n.jpg

118n8ya.jpg

Guest *.yl=-

when i first read the title of this, i first thought that another model died from anorexia

but i was wrong

awww shes so pretty and young =[

rest in peace

Guest Amanda Plz

Witnesses said that she jumped and that it appears to be suicide.

How sad. I remember using one of her pictures for a project of mine. She really was beautiful.

RIP

Are you john teshing serious? What the hell is wrong with you?

Guest leongfun

2i2lg2.jpg

Update

Supermodel Ruslana Korshunova poured her heart out on the Web in the months leading to her apparent suicide.

"Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably," the sandy-haired knockout wrote in a poem that concluded: "And never regret anything that made you smile."

The Kazakh beauty wrote that love "blinds," "sets souls afire," and "is always the answer" in emotion-soaked passages posted on a social networking site.

Korshunova volleyed between Russian and English in her heartfelt prose, but love was a central theme no matter the language. "Do not confuse love and desire," she wrote in Russian in her most recent posting May 30. "Love is the sun, desire - only flash. Desire dazzles, and the sun gives life."

The soulful note warns of the perils of sacrifice.

"Love does not take away from one in order to give to another," wrote Korshunova, a 20-year-old thousands of miles from her native Kazakhstan. "Love - this is the essence of life. But you will not give your life to another."

Korshunova's most telling message came three months ago: "I'm so lost. Will I ever find myself?"

She appeared angry in some postings, brokenhearted in others.

"I'm a pinkberry. I'm a witch. I don't care what you say!!!" she wrote March 11. "I know what it is. I know why my other relationships didn't work out, 'cause I'm unpredictable. Why are you afraid of it?"

In January, she wrote, "It hurts, as if someone took a part of me, tore it out, mercilessly stomped all over and threw it out.

"My dream is to fly. Oh, my rainbow it is too high," she wrote in a March note.

Archived