[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest sp4078

I love Lee Min Ho, he's just PERFECT !! I repeat. Perfect. Every scene with him on I'm just squealing like a fan girl. He is so Doumyoji, ignorant, childish, spoiled rich kid, manly, and hot. Of course, others looks perfect too. Kim Huyng Joong, as expected, is a little bit stiff but is forgiven because of his pretty smile. Kim Bum is too cute with that cheesy pick-up technique.

And I'm just a tiny little bit bother by Gu Hye Sun's acting, but I think she's doing good job, I'm willing to give her a chance.

Overall, the first episode was good. I enjoyed it a lot (minus the music choice at some scenes). Btw, it reminds me a lot of Goong, the narrator's at the beginning is like identical as in Goong (if I remember correctly) and Jan Di's family with same mom, lastly the teddy bear. Wait, it was sheep.

Guest Toffy_

I registrated because of this. :D - And I reading the forum from some hour.

Where can I watch online? Sorry I know, somebody wrote, but i didn't found. (Here p.m. 13 when starting.)

I can't speak on Korean, so I didn't understand. And I'm too tired now for watch the Chinese subbed version. :sweatingbullets:

I like the first episode. But my first reaction when I saw Yoon Ji Hoo... "OMG! He seem close to the porcelain babe or model probe babe!" :vicx: After it he had human face. :D But because of the light seem he really just from plastic.

JanDi... I like her character. Because she have some moveing what is attractive. I didn't wait for the HYD manga copying, I wait something what close to that and no.

The three girl... They annoying, but their English is funny. (Mine may not better, but hearing it very funny.) And the girl, who always shaking her richard simmons have lace on her skirt. I think that have plus meaning in it. :rolleyes:

Joon Pyo - He seem much more older than Tsukasa, but he have pretty good voice. I heard, and melted. :blush: - Than the ice cream. :D

And the 'Never say Goodbye' were the biggest surprise. I didn't tought for it. When started I could just watching from out my head. :D

Guest xxlollinarypopzx

i watched like half of the first ep., tried to finish it but i just couldnt

the main girl was soooo annoying >.<

i didnt like her as makino since the beginning but i thought may be her acting would change my mind, not at all

but i love love minho, those eyes so evil<3333

may be i'll watch it just for him or just fast forward the girl part since i already know the story line lol

Guest André

Hello everyone, first post.

It was a little corny but it was fun and very well produced. I should add that Kim Hyun Joong was AWFUL. Terrible actor, terrible looks. Rui was totally wrong IMHO.

I just saw the first part of the ep 1. Is it just me or is the violence in this version pretty high? The guy got beaten to a bloody pulp, ready to jump off the building. His fellow students were just laughing away, even coming at him with hockey sticks and blatantly beating him in the bathroom. I remember in Taiwan and Japanese versions, the ones who got the red note was always pranked and to a point beaten as well, but I don't think it was ever shown as graphically on screen. I dunno, I just felt a bit disturbed seeing that part.

Yes, I totally agree with you. There was no need for the producers to make the scene, which was already really cruel, even more violent. I mean, WTF? It was so gratuitous.

I like the actress who was playing Jandi. She seemed very animated and in control with her face expressions (she studied off the manga really well!)

But I got to say... the leading guy... (sorry for not knowing all the names) seems... a little old to be playing a high school student. But I know how the actress is older than all of them in real life, but at least she doesn't look old.

And the playboy guy... he looks too innocent to be playboy!! >///<

But i'm glad this korean version took off really well. The setting was nice, and the uniforms, and the beautiful students all around.

haha when i was watching this with my mom she said "this looks similar to Goong."

Guest cococrust

ep 1 pt 1 c-sub

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rmiu5c

ep 1 pt 2 c-sub

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x7yaac

several cuts/production special c-subbed

~~~~

081223 ETN ENU Press conference

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vd0ja6

081231 KBS2 New Time - on location special

http://www.sendspace.com/file/btspnv

090103 KBS2 on location special (not sure what program name)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zsdqh9

Guest huangsy

Seems the rating was 14.3%

KBS 2TV 새 월화드라마 '꽃보다 남자'가 5일 1회에서 14.3%(TNS미디어코리아 기준)의 높은 시청률로 성공적인 스타트를 보였다.

20090106093221239.jpg

2009010610051326410_110335_0.jpg

2009010610280920108_103015_1.jpg

Guest redzone85

why did they have to name the group 'shinhwa' thats too much for my liking. i dont like the boy group dont want to listen to that name over and over... grrrrr, besides that i love the cast and 1st episode was alrite.

Guest hopesofgreen

Hello everyone, first post.

Yes, I totally agree with you. There was no need for the producers to make the scene, which was already really cruel, even more violent. I mean, WTF? It was so gratuitous.

Definitely. That scene was a little too much for me. It felt so unnecessary.

Guest redzone85

actually i really hated the opening, when the topic 'shinhwa' came up, i nearly fell out of my chair with disbelief. couldnt they come up with another name, crying out loud

Guest suncine445

For a tough act to follow as a remake, Ep 1 is surprising very good and entertaining. A good start to the series. Had some giggle and laughter watching some really funny scenes. Great casts. Looking for more in tonite's ep 2. Should be fun again.

Guest baqinardo

Rating (090105)

Credit to TNS Media Korea:

Nationwide:

3. 특별기획드라마<에덴의동쪽> East Of Eden - MBC 28.0 %

7. 미니시리즈<꽃보다남자> Boys Over Flower - KBS2 14.3 %

Terroir - SBS Below Top 20 <9.2 %

Seoul:

3. 특별기획드라마<에덴의동쪽> East Of Eden - MBC 30.3 %

6. 미니시리즈<꽃보다남자> Boys Over Flower - KBS2 14.4 %

Terroir - SBS Below Top 20 <8.5 %

Credit to AGB Nielsen:

Nationwide:

3. 특별기획드라마<에덴의동쪽> East Of Eden - MBC 27.3 %

7. 미니시리즈<꽃보다남자> Boys Over Flower - KBS2 13.7 %

Terroir - SBS Below Top 20 <9.2 %

Seoul:

2. 특별기획드라마<에덴의동쪽> East Of Eden - MBC 29.2 %

9. 미니시리즈<꽃보다남자> Boys Over Flower - KBS2 13.8 %

Terroir - SBS Below Top 20 <8.5 %

Yay...

The rating are sure higher than previious drama.

cant waiit to download n see..

is it better than Japanese one?? :unsure:

Guest pickles

Wow. I must say that I was impressed by the first episode! It was better than I had expected it to be. :) It was not as exaggerated as the japanese version. Sorry if I offended anyone. Heh. Plus, Lee Min Ho is P-E-R-F-E-C-T for Domyouji! I think he would be the best Domyouji out of the three versions! Oh, I think Gu Hye Sun makes a pretty good Makino too. I got a little annoyed with Shan Cai in the Tawainese version.

Ahh, can't wait for tonight's ep! From the preview, it looked like Jandi had saved Joon Pyo from drowning! EXCITING!! :D