[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest valley girl

hey the first rating is 14,3% according this

http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_ae/20090...%20%B3%B2%C0%DA

love it

wow errr

i was really disappointed!!!

i didnt realize they were only borrowing certain concepts from the manga and not exactly rendering it faithfully.

but even so, i still thought this was kinda.. well maybe it's because my expectations were so high..

also, i seem to be making constant comparisons between the manga and the show so i'm biased in that it's hard for me to look at this show as the show itself and only. which is what i should be doing..

two thoughts:

- main actress can't act and is completely annoying. overkills everything and relies way too much (poorly) on the cutesy thing. and she's not even cute

- the mean girls are annoying as hell. sunny's constant use of engrish makes me suicidal

even so, i'm still curious to see how the main characters will come together.. like how you watch a romcom and it's completely by the book but youre curious about the situations that the characters will go through.. so yeah.

you can't said that now , it's just 1st episode , said she can't act in whole episode not fair judge her only because she's bad on first episode

Guest comeyccy_86

thanx for the media link.....u so awesome....so is there someone will sub this episode...softsub or hardsub....actualy i dont understand the korea.....if some will upload the softsub,,it will be so awesome....btw...thanx u such for sharing the link here

Guest KiBUm_Love

yes i agree with valleygirl

before the drama came out, they specifically said that they were not copying the manga exactly, but more of putting an original twist on the story.

the mean girls ARE supposed to be annoying, and i think they're much more tolerable in this version than the japanese version. (and wasnt it GINGER who was using english??-_-)

the main actress in my opinion was surprisingly good.

i know a lot of people don't like koo hye sun, but in my opinion, they're jealous -0- or whatever. she's not that entirely cutesy, in fact, most of her actions werent "cute" at all, its just the way she looks.

is it her fault for looking that way? if ure gonna blame someone, blame the PDs that make her do it.

i was pretty satisfied with the first episode, and im in fact glad that they didnt copy the manga

it would be kinda boring watching it then (.. well not boring lol)

**does anyone know when the OST will be released???????????

The first episode of Boys Over Flower's direction, costume and use of supporting characters were indeed awesome. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the lack of acting displayed by the fearless F4 and the ever gutsy adorable female lead. F4 looked like a bunch of walking models showing off the lastest fashion trend. Lee Min Ho showed the most potential as the lead, he just had the look that scream money and power (this role is gonna be a breakthrough role for him). Kim Hyun Joong looked dashing as Rui though appeared somewhat feminine and at times stiff.. (he reminds me of a young Bae Yong Jun). Go Hye Sun... gosh she looks kinda old... in some scene she looked okay... but in others, her facial expressions were overdone (this is a disapointment because the role is crucial to the storyline). The upcoming episode looks promising.

p.s I love the fashion, and Lee Min Ho... he looks sooo handsome. :w00t:

Guest kdramafanusa

Daily TV Rating - [Monday 2009-01-05]

TNS

Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating

East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 28.0%

Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> (KBS2) - 14.3%

Terroir <떼루아> (SBS) - 7.6%

AGB

Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating

East Of Eden <에덴의동쪽> (MBC) - 27.3%

Boys Over Flower <꽃보다 남자> (KBS2) - 13.7%

Terroir <떼루아> (SBS) - 7.2%

Source: http://www.asiae.co.kr/uhtml/read.jsp?idxno=471229

Guest WitchGoddess

I kind of enjoyed the first ep. I kept thinking how the taiwanese and japanese versions were better. But I mean if I never saw the other versions or read the manga then I think I would've liked this a great deal more. My expectations were probably too high.

I still can't wait for the second ep though.

Guest imogene_af

^

Pretty great standing for a KBS show and a good debut for a bunch of newbies. And I love how we are cougars for Kim Bum, sheherizade and hagrid!

Guest valley girl

yes i agree with valleygirl

before the drama came out, they specifically said that they were not copying the manga exactly, but more of putting an original twist on the story.

the mean girls ARE supposed to be annoying, and i think they're much more tolerable in this version than the japanese version. (and wasnt it GINGER who was using english??-_-)

the main actress in my opinion was surprisingly good.

i know a lot of people don't like koo hye sun, but in my opinion, they're jealous -0- or whatever. she's not that entirely cutesy, in fact, most of her actions werent "cute" at all, its just the way she looks.

is it her fault for looking that way? if ure gonna blame someone, blame the PDs that make her do it.

i was pretty satisfied with the first episode, and im in fact glad that they didnt copy the manga

it would be kinda boring watching it then (.. well not boring lol)

**does anyone know when the OST will be released???????????

Yup.. there is one actress i said she can't act why??

in whole episode all ppl said she can't act and yeah she's Really or her movie is Flopped~ because of her poor acting.

anyway YEH was criticized in Coffee prince before but the drama has quite big rating 29 % in the end

Just see in the end , i think taiwan version, japan and Korean version not copying 100%

i hate if copying 100% , it's better to me to read the novel.

anyway kimbum not funny since he play the playboy character, who use to be funny is kim joon

i am waiting for the eng sub!!! can't wait

Loved the episode. I think people are completely over analyzing it. It's a very engaging first episode, great cast so far, great leads and minor characters, really good dialogue and settings, and it's not dragging! I was afraid they were going to draw out the whole redcard/torture stuff, but it looks like things are moving very well.

Regardless of similarities or differences, I thought it was a great first episode. Can't wait to see ep2 tomorrow!

Guest blissfully_unaware13x

It was um...interesting. The four guys were pretty good in their parts, especially Kim Hyun Joong. Goo Hye Sun was okay, but she doesn't make me think 'Makino'. And I don't really like the way she talks. I'm okay with her face expressions but she talks kind of unnaturally.

I think I'll keep watching but...for now I say Hana Yori Dango is still the best rendition. But for now. Maybe Korean version will get better. It is only the first episode anyway...

Oh, and I'm not liking the OST :[

Guest valley girl

10% isn't very high, is it? But, I do know that most dramas do about 14% or higher as an average. I think 13%-17% is considered to be somewhat of a success. But, I do agree that it airs at a rather late hour for a drama that is surely meant to be aimed at teens/young adults.

lately esp in 4 quarter of 2008 most drama start below 10%, i think only general hospital who start 17%

but now it start in 14 % hoping for good rating until the end ,,

GO CHASE EOE!!!! ,, kim bum so cute oh my God!! he catch my heart really kkk

arrg i haven't watch it but reading you guys review seem like the first ep. is good,

but i guess i be fine with it because after watching all the trailer i didn't really put any high hope on the drama so . .

someone maybe already ask this but hmm are there going to be a subbing team for

this drama?

Guest kdramafanusa

lately esp in 4 quarter of 2008 most drama start below 10%, i think only general hospital who start 17%

but now it start in 14 % hoping for good rating until the end ,,

There were several M/T & W/Th shows that opened around 14-15%, like Beethoven Virus (15.7%), Kingdom Of The Wind (14.7%), General Hospital 2 (14.5%), ..

The opening numbers for "Boys Over Flower" are good. :)

There is a lot of interest and hype for this show, the question is whether it can continue to be interesting & keep the viewers tuned in. If yes, the number will continue to rise. Fighting! :)

I don't usually like the beginning of dramas BUT THIS!! I LOVE IT!!!

KooHyesun is soo cute! lol

I think im going to LOVE this drama ^^

Guest luthien

First episode was great just as expected! They've worked really hard to make this another success under the HYD franchise. Hope the numbers keep on rising! Can't wait to see their (Yeon Woo & Joon Pyo) first kiss as well as Han Chae Young's appearance as Shizuka.

Guest jirou562

You have to think of it like someone who has never seen or heard of Hana Yori Dango. I'd imagine there are a lot of people who have never seen it. So look at the series that way. That's something the producers are hoping for.

While they expect a lot from the show especially with the actors/actress they've cast they're hoping to draw a lot of their fans to this new interpretation of the Japanese manga and not simple a remake of the Japanese show(s).

my point exactly. its supposed to be a NEW interpretation of the manga/shows, not a rehash. for someone whos read the manga and has never seen the taiwanese/japanese drama versions, im sure itll seem like novelty. but for those who have seen the other versions, its impossible not to make comparisons.

that said, like i stated before, my problem is with the overacting in the redone scenes.

Guest valley girl

There were several M/T & W/Th shows that opened around 14-15%, like Beethoven Virus (15.7%), Kingdom Of The Wind (14.7%), General Hospital 2 (14.5%), ..

The opening numbers for "Boys Over Flower" are pretty good.

There is a lot of interest and hype for this show, the question is whether it can continue to be interesting & keep the viewers tuned in. If yes, the number will continue to rise. Fighting! :)

yeah that's right !!.. i hope it's not reach bellow in the end, OMG i forgot that,, many drama opened bellow 10% so it stuck in my mind .kk