[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

And I'm also happy at some of the changes made to the storyline. In this HYD adaptation, Jan Di's parents are not always scheming to become rich and enter high society. Jan Di entered the elite school through her heroic action and the parents are hardworking lower-middle-class folks. I mean, it's still too early to know what Jan Di's parents will be like but the silly and embarrassing actions of Makino's/Shan Cai's parents were always painful to watch even though they were supposed to add to the comedic factor.

Guest avalony

man i have been so psyched for this drama ever since it was announced as i'm a huge fan of hanadan. i was worried though that it might be too boring because the story's been done twice before - however, it seems like they've shaken up the plot a bit in the trailer so it should be interesting. also, the boys seem to be fitting their roles well - lee min ho manages to hit all the right notes of effortless arrogance, hyung joon is dreamy as usual (although whether he can actually act remains to be seen), and kim bum makes for the cutest, if youngest, womanizer.

however, goo hye sun seems to be overacting a lil bit. some of those facial expressions were a bit too contrived. i think the japanese makino was more nuanced and subtle so i hope she tones it down after the first few eps or it'll become another one of those dramas where the male leads are hella fine but the girl is just.... annoying. and makino is an awesome female protagonist so it'd be a shame if they let that happen.

KBS World (Asia) Viewers

From 16 Feb 2009,

please note the timeslot for

BOYS OVER FLOWERS

(English-subbed)

First Run

Monday approx 10:00pm (KST) one odd-numbered ep

Tuesday approx 10:00pm (KST) one even-numbered ep

Encore

Tuesday approx 3:30am (KST) one odd-numbered ep

Wednesday approx 3:30am (KST) one even-numbered ep

Sunday approx 1:10pm (KST) two eps back-to-back

Disclaimer Note : Please note that the above schedule is as indicated on KBS World website, at time of posting.

Guest heorungnghenhac

however, goo hye sun seems to be overacting a lil bit. some of those facial expressions were a bit too contrived. i think the japanese makino was more nuanced and subtle so i hope she tones it down after the first few eps or it'll become another one of those dramas where the male leads are hella fine but the girl is just.... annoying. and makino is an awesome female protagonist so it'd be a shame if they let that happen.

Totally agree. GHS seemed to care too much about being older than the boys so maybe she tried to overact to become more like teenagers. She's a good actor, I hope her acting will be more natural in the later episodes.

Guest manderley_angel

manderley_angel Thank you for sharing..but i can't download them..when i click the download link.. it will lead me to youtube which i can't download there so..can you help me...

omg, sorry for that... fixed the links -- or try this here

hope they work...

Guest MiyuKanata09

omg, sorry for that... fixed the links

hope they work...

Thank you so much for fixing it...

btw i think you should have remove the link through mediafire..since direct link is not allowed in here..

thanks again..

----♥----♥----♥----

they cut Goo Hye Sun's hair again? because her pictures in press conference is quite shorter than her hair in the trailer..

i don't understand why her hair is keep on changing.. like in the middle of trailer she has that curly long hair..

----♥----♥----♥----

vivir111 post the translation for the trailer on the other thread..

TRANSLATIONS.

END.

youtube link of 7 minutes trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe5H7urfbiA

thanks to ehrikahx3 for posting it on the picture thread..

Guest Tobemist

Tobemist: Totally agree. Did Kim Bum pierce his ear for the drama or was that a fashion statement of his own?

I'm too sure... but even if it's his own wish, I'm not complaining. ^^ At first I thought he looked a bit too young compared to the rest of the F4 but now with the pierced ears, he look 100% the part. :D

they cut Goo Hye Sun's hair again? because her pictures in press conference is quite shorter than her hair in the trailer..

i don't understand why her hair is keep on changing.. like in the middle of trailer she has that curly long hair..

I think so... :) Maybe it was getting a bit too long... The part where she has curly long hair, I believe, is the scene where she was given the 'makeover' by Jun Pyo at his house. She was wearing a wig or some sort of hair extension, I think. :)

Guest ljphantom

For some reason, I can't access any of the links on KBS's Boys Before Flowers homepage. <_< Is that like that for anybody else?

^ In the character descriptions of the official website, it says "LeeYeenHo." I guess it's a mistake on their website, hurry and check before it gets fixed! LOL~~~~ I'll change it on my translation though.

Anyway, more translations coming up for HyunJoong and KimBum.

Happy Day, thank you SO much for posting and translating the character profiles for Jan-di (Gu Hye-Sun), Jun-pyo (lee Min-ho), and Ji-hoo (Kim Hyun-joong). I look forward to the other translated character profiles!

I'm too sure... but even if it's his own wish, I'm not complaining. ^^ At first I thought he looked a bit too young compared to the rest of the F4 but now with the pierced ears, he look 100% the part. :D

I completely agree.

Photos from the other thread and crunchyroll:

F4 (and Family)

1229927816_151004019_L.jpg

efb5d38bc86f7fd551260b91de3dd75a1229985936_full.jpg

1229927816_151003013_L.jpg

f6f5cf622f17f3139a5b922208e568f71229958240_full.jpg

bumjoon1kx1.jpg

bummiefs6.jpg

1229927816_151003010_L.jpg

1229927816_151003001_L.jpg

Jan-di and Ji-hoo

151001014lri6.jpg

151003017lyc6.jpg

Other

Jan-di

641ef2ecd57280df75f67c89d0d16ace1229958244_full.jpg

d08ce9a73271f1f4f3261931028c04a81229959545_full.jpg

ad7792dfc46c0ee97cabbd8bac5a51a41229958793_full.jpg

Seo-hyun/Shizuka

1229927816_151003012_L.jpg

Min-ji/Sakurako

151006004_L.jpg

It seems like most of the trailers we've seen 1-2 seconds of the beginning was cut. It doesn't really matter, but the the opening was kind of cool. It started out focusing on the four figures in the background (obviously F4), and zoomed out to have the words "꽃보다 남자" jump out, and finally reveal the whole photo with Jan-di. You can see the whole thing here.

Here's another channel reporting on the press conference; you can view the video here.

Presenting an English subtitled version of the (fancam) special trailer by yours truly

I used virvir111's translations (the Jun-pyo scene -- the same one in the 29 second official trailer -- is jina bing bang's translation), with a few edits of my own. The download links are posted in the video description for those who'd like a copy of their own stored in their computer. Enjoy!

Guest justanordinarywriter

Hi, I'm new to the thread here.

First of all, would like to say thank you to all who provide pictures, videos, translations.. Really appreciate it.. ^^

After seeing the 7min fancam trailer, I honestly become more excited about the drama. Though I'm still a little bit skeptical about HyunJoong as Rui (Sorry, don't know the Korean names yet...) But the whole setting is promising, especially with Lee MinHo acting skill...

Now Jan 5th, come fast! :D

Guest Happy_Day

^ LOLOL

Can you guys imagine any high school or university guys dressing like the F4 in the the States? KKKK~~ I admit KimBum's suits always look gorgeous though.

MinHo - so charismatic

HyunJoong - so dreamy

I don't know who I'd choose either.. probably MinHo's character coz he's supposed to be really aggressive in his love. =P

Hyun Joong Kisses and Tells

By ok-wecan + December 22nd, 2008

A true gentleman doesn’t kiss and tell.

But Hyunjoong had no qualms spilling the beans about his make out scene with actress Goo Hye Sun.

During the recent press conference for the drama “Boys Over Flowers” held at the Lotte Hotel in Seoul, the SS501 leader revealed that what he remembers most about his costar is the kissing scene they shared while shooting the drama.

Apparently, they had to shoot the kiss a few times to get the scene right. Well, if by “right” they mean awkward and lame, then they surely got that scene perfect.

Hyunjoong also talked about his other costar Han Chae Young. The newbie actor expressed that he felt really good shooting scenes with Korea’s Barbie Doll and former “Delightful Girl, Choon-Hyang” star.

“Boys Over Flowers” is Hyunjoong’s acting debut. Being part of a huge drama like this, it can’t be helped that netizens and fans of the original anime and Japanese dorama “Hana Yori Dango” are expressing their concern for the first time actor.

Hyunjoong seems to fit the image of a F4 prince but if he can act like one remains to be seen.

“Boys Over Flowers” premieres on January 5 on KBS.

credit: seoulbeats

Guest manderley_angel

Sharing a wallpaper that I made featuring the F4 boys and Geum Jandi. In various sizes too, so enjoy.

Preview:

bbf_wallpaper1_prev.jpg

Screen Resolutions:

For other resolutions, click here.

Guest manderley_angel

Cast Interviews

Some interview videos from the KBS official site:

Goo Hyesun, Lee Minho, Kim Hyunjoong, Kim Bum, and Kim Joon -- KBS Christmas Greetings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xFF4id_Z2o...re=channel_page

Boys Before Flowers / Kkotboda Namja - Hey Juliet, Goo Hyesun Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFPdNO_TLeE...re=channel_page

Boys Before Flowers / Kkotboda Namja - Third Story, Kim Bum Interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6eBl6-m-jo...re=channel_page

Youtube Playlist - lots of BFF videos, interviews, and trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=4C3722D6494378AC

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: The Korea Times 12-23-2008 16:09

'Boys Over Flowers' to Air in January

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

081223_p16_boy.jpg

The main actors of Korean television vestion of "Boys Over Flowers'' pose at a prss conference held Monday in downtown Seoul. From left are Kim Jun, Kim Bum, Ku Hye-sun, Lee Min-ho and Kim Hyun-joong. / Yonhap

The famous Japanese cartoon "Boys Over Flowers'' by Yoko Kamio will be broadcast next year through the small screen, complete with a Korean version of "Flower 4,'' that features handsome boys and a headstrong heroine.

Fans, reporters and camera crews packed the press conference held at a hotel in central Seoul, confirming the anticipation the drama has stirred for fans here.

The drama has cast four actors who were chosen from auditions: Lee Min-ho (Tsukasa Domyoji, or Goo Jun-pyo in the Korean version); Kim Hyun-joong (Rui Hanazawa, or Yoon Ji-hu); Kim Bum (Sojirou Nishikado, or So E-jeong); and Kim Jun (Akira Mimasaka, or Song Woo-bin). Actress Ku Hye-sun will play Tsukushi Makino, or Geum Jan-di.

The story ― about four boys and one lucky girl, spiced with the right mix of love triangles, troubles in school and parents and luxurious adolescent life ― captivated Asia, first through its original comic book, then through an animation, dramas from Japan and Taiwan and a movie.

Why another one, particularly a drama?

"I was asked to make the Korean version, and after some consideration, I decided to do it. Our version will be based on the cartoon, and I have tried to bring originality as much as possible,'' Jun Ki-sang, the producer of the drama, told reporters.

He added that he did have to change a few details in the storyline due to the cultural differences between Japan and Korea, but he tried to stick to the original plot as close as possible.

Even the cast had to look similar to the original ones seen in the cartoon ― from hairstyles, overall image and even height.

"Rui is 186 centimeters and so we tried to match the height of the actors during the audition. In the case of Tsukasa, he has curly hair, so Lee had to perm his hair numerous times just to get that perfect curl,'' he said.

The actors were thrilled to be starring in a drama whose plot is recognized all over Asia, but there were also hints of pressure.

"At first, I felt I just won the lottery. But now I feel the pressure and also the responsibility,'' said Lee, who is regarded as the most similar to the original character Domyoji because of his height and dark curly hair.

The former leader of the boy band SS501 Kim Hyun-joong also showed his anxiety by appearing as an actor.

"I do feel nervous and pressured, as this drama is my first one. When I watched movies or dramas, I just enjoyed them but now I focus on the way the actors talk, breathe and other acting elements. I just hope I'll do well enough to continue with another drama in the future,'' he said.

Compared to the male actors, Ku is a senior when it comes to acting, and she admitted that she thought she would have to lead the group, but realized that there was no need.

"I was worried at first, but everyone came so prepared. It actually made me nervous. I think I've changed a bit by acting as Jan-di, who is outgoing, strong and bright. I was uncomfortable meeting new people, but now I think I'm more like her,'' she said.

"We thought that the drama would be lame if it was just heavy and too luxurious. It will be more light and fun, that's why we decided to call it a trendy romantic drama,'' the producer said.

"Boys Over Flowers'' will start airing Jan. 5 at 9:55 p.m. on KBS.

sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr