[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest jewelove

i found out the title of the song in episode 23 when ga eul brought yi jung up the roof and when yi jung cried bitterly upon seeing the I love Yi Jung poster. the title is 숨겨봐도 안되는마음, sang by Lee Ji Hye 숨겨봐도 안되는마음 - 이지혜

anyone know where to download it?

Guest betchay

Boys Over Flowers to have Season2

wednesday April 1, 2009 Korea

Today's ending of the 25 episodes of the popular drama, Boys Over Flowers had obtained large amount of support from the audience. As such, the author of the drama announced a good news : Boys over flowers season 2 will be out next year february.

The drama initially did not have high viewership, but because of the raising popularity of the drama after that, he decided to plan a season2 for the drama.

The suspense left at the end of episode 25 was actually a hint that there may be season 2 for Boys over flowers.

source: asian fanatics

Credits: ×ÏÁ胺@ triplestw.com + (english translation)ss501always@quainte501.com

----

^ ^ hope this news is true! :D

April fools joke?

Today's ending of the 25 episodes of the popular drama, Boys Over Flowers had obtained large amount of support from the audience. As such, the author of the drama announced a good news : Boys over flowers season 2 will be out next year february.

The drama initially did not have high viewership, but because of the raising popularity of the drama after that, he decided to plan a season2 for the drama.

The suspense left at the end of episode 25 was actually a hint that there may be season 2 for Boys over flowers.

----

April fools joke?

I honestly hope this isn't true..I would rather if anything, they did a movie instead.

All the major arcs in the manga have already been crammed into BOF, which technically they said was 2 season already

Episode 01-12 = season 1

Episode 13-25 = season 2

Guest miniejungle

it's finally over. no more anticipating tuesday and wednesday, no more waiting *impatiently* for sub, no more drooling fits from looking at the boys. BOF is officially over.

i have to say, although i love the boys, overall, i still think the Japanese one does justice to the manga the most. I don't have to say it again that they change the script too much and made all the characters so different from the original ones - many others have noted it. i have to thank the crew who brought my BOF until the end, however, if given more time and a better script, i'm sure they would do much more than this. the ending is just not up to standard, not grand enough, not deep enough. in the J version (i will only talk about the J version as that is the closest one to the manga), Doumiyoji proposed to her at the graduation party with the witness of hundreds of Eitoku students. she got the approval from his evil mother as well, and she passed her law university in one go. this is how tsukushi should be. and she boldly reply him, yes, she would make him happy. she boldly took his hand and hugged him. i can't see why JD didn't even say a word. didn't move a muscle to hug the man she's in love with and have not seen for the past 4 years. it's crap.

but how i'm going to miss GJP's lovely smile, JH's beatiful face, YJ's earing, and WB's eyes... thank you everyone to make this drama an enjoyable one (though it can always be better). i'm gonna buy the set when it's out for keepsake. my pretty boys, when will i see you again?

Guest yumoreo5

Yes! I think this SW has a totally messed up understanding of what a soulmate is. IMO, there are no 2 definitions of soulmates. Now, JP did actually refer to JH as her "destined mate" (literal translation) but what is a destined mate? The person you're supposed to be with so I guess that would mean her soulmate. I personally was much happier with my understanding that the whole fortune-telling thing in New Caledonia was merely a dream and therefore simply reflected JD's inner confusion at the time (when she thought she was in love with JH). After she realized that she was actually in love with JP, the whole soulmate vs husband thingy should have ended. But stupid Ms SW with her 1-digit IQ just had to mess up what would have been a decent ending.

The only way I can even begin to try to understand the SW's version of a soulmate is perhaps that JH is the female version of JD and so therefore, they are able to think alike. Hmmm.... JH as a male JD? But actually a prettier and more feminine JD than the actual real JD? Must think on this a little... No, this version of soulmates really doesn't make sense because JD comes from a loving family. JH lost his loving family. Nope. Can't do it. Can't make sense of the SW's idea of a soulmate.

And, I don't see why JP can't be JD's soulmate. He understands JD's feeling, he knows how she's feeling and what she's thinking. It's just that sometimes his hand are tied by his obligations, obligations which JH does not have. JP knew that JD only left him at the bus scene bc of something his mom did, and he knew each time that JD would need someone so he always found a way to get JH to comfort or support JD. Further, even though he lost his memory of JD, something still pulled him towards her. If there was no connection, he would have just ignored her, but he seemed to have hated her from the start. They say that the opposite of love is hate, not indifference. And his body still remembered her (i.e. the taste of JD's cooking). And, if soulmates are destined to be, then they can't be similar. It's like magnets: opposites attract. That's why, it doesn't matter how much JH may like JD, some force will always keep him at a distance.

Back to JH as a male JD... perhaps they can do a season 2 and we will learn that JH and JD are actually twins and JH was born a girl, but due to a freak accident as an infant, they had to give him a sex change operation. That's why he's always there for her--bc they have that special twin connection. Maybe that'll finally satisfy the SW. She'll finally have her chance to really ruin this drama.

I don't know about anyone but soulmates to me is your destined one and your destined one is the one you truly love and end up with no matter what life throws at you. So I don't know, JH being the male version of JD thus being soulmates? That's really wacked if you ask me. And Twins? Twins aren't soulmates, they're siblings. LOL

Anyway, I'm very traditional when it comes to love and soulmates so all of these ideas of good friends are soulmates thing, is just weird. JD-JH-JP is a very twisted and very very weak portrayal of soulmates. :angry:

Oh, it's over.

An empty Monday and Tuesday is a week no longer.

The ending was so cute though.

Although I still would have preferred a Jihoo/Jandi ending. Seriously.

I watched it alone in my room, squealing.

Then I called up a friend, and listened for her reactions.

She cried.

Omg, a second season?

Hm, I wonder what would happen.

Poor actors and actresses though.

Had they have not been through enough?! (Doesn't sound right)

Hmm, only time will tell.

I can't wait for the DVD to come out!

I'm totally buying it.. Worth it. Reallyreallyreally.

Spaz days finito. Need new drama to watch. Nao~!

Guest ainne92

If there are rumors or talks about doing a BOF 2: My POINTS AS TO WHY THEY WON'T HAVE ANY

1. I, personally don't think it's necessary as others already said just becasue it would taint and drag the perfect mix of Season 1, there's always a curse with high rating drama hits that people take advantage of and do a season 2. It always ends up as a disappointment.

2. The actors themselves would probably not agree to do another season because they have stated themselves that they were so overworked that at times they weren't able to sleep for two days straight. Of course, they owe it to the drama that their careers instantly soared, but even LMH said that he immediately wants to part with his character because he's worried that people might just see him as GJP forever.

3. Plus, I think the director and the PD have gotten enough hate-mail from the cpmplainers about the "rushed ending", the scenes with "not neccesary Ji Hoo scenes", fans that have developed a liking to "So-Eul mates" that they wanted to air more of those two, or the "other girls around JP" that they went through a lot of stress too, if not more, just like the actors because most of the responsibility is theirs to have an episode done within a week.

4. Let's also not forget that the executive producers and the contracts with other companies that wanted to use the show to advertise for them also have specific standards on what shoudl be exposed or met in every episode to keep its popularity. This is probably one, if not the major, problem why the actors were overworked. Producers pay for the shott and every hour that they take up in a location takes money out of their pocket. We shouldn't put all the blame to the PD and the director..let's give them some slack. We can't be negative about them all the time considering they did a pretty damn godd job of knowing what we want as viwers that got us hooked :D. If they were that bad, we wouldn't be so worked up about the whole show at all.

5. A season 2, wouldn't be necessary. Really. It's over and done with. But..a movie would be good, right? All we need is an hour and a half for them to really put closure and do more cheesy (but way cute) scenes of JD/JP and YJ/GE that just makes us all giggly, and probably put a love interest to Woobin, he's one hell of a character and HOT too...hahaha!!

Guest eternitygoddess

Yes! I think this SW has a totally messed up understanding of what a soulmate is. IMO, there are no 2 definitions of soulmates. Now, JP did actually refer to JH as her "destined mate" (literal translation) but what is a destined mate? The person you're supposed to be with so I guess that would mean her soulmate. I personally was much happier with my understanding that the whole fortune-telling thing in New Caledonia was merely a dream and therefore simply reflected JD's inner confusion at the time (when she thought she was in love with JH). After she realized that she was actually in love with JP, the whole soulmate vs husband thingy should have ended. But stupid Ms SW with her 1-digit IQ just had to mess up what would have been a decent ending.

The only way I can even begin to try to understand the SW's version of a soulmate is perhaps that JH is the female version of JD and so therefore, they are able to think alike. Hmmm.... JH as a male JD? But actually a prettier and more feminine JD than the actual real JD? Must think on this a little... No, this version of soulmates really doesn't make sense because JD comes from a loving family. JH lost his loving family. Nope. Can't do it. Can't make sense of the SW's idea of a soulmate.

And, I don't see why JP can't be JD's soulmate. He understands JD's feeling, he knows how she's feeling and what she's thinking. It's just that sometimes his hand are tied by his obligations, obligations which JH does not have. JP knew that JD only left him at the bus scene bc of something his mom did, and he knew each time that JD would need someone so he always found a way to get JH to comfort or support JD. Further, even though he lost his memory of JD, something still pulled him towards her. If there was no connection, he would have just ignored her, but he seemed to have hated her from the start. They say that the opposite of love is hate, not indifference. And his body still remembered her (i.e. the taste of JD's cooking). And, if soulmates are destined to be, then they can't be similar. It's like magnets: opposites attract. That's why, it doesn't matter how much JH may like JD, some force will always keep him at a distance.

Back to JH as a male JD... perhaps they can do a season 2 and we will learn that JH and JD are actually twins and JH was born a girl, but due to a freak accident as an infant, they had to give him a sex change operation. That's why he's always there for her--bc they have that special twin connection. Maybe that'll finally satisfy the SW. She'll finally have her chance to really ruin this drama.

100% agree. The scripwriter completely mangled the meaning of "soulmates". I simply don't understand the soulmate vs. husband thing. That was so WHACK.

I suggest the scriptwriter buy a dictionary and do some research on "soulmates".

I'm wondering if Season 2 is an April Fool's joke. NOT FUNNY to raise my hopes up like that.

Guest kikibug

Ah! It's over. ):

Im so happy JunPyo and JanDi are together. ;D

Regarding the "Soulmate" issue, this love triangle was similar to the one in the book, Twilight, don't you think? (For those who have read it anyways).

In Twilight, Bella loved Edward, but Jacob was there as a friend when Edward left.

She did love both, but really honestly couldn't live without Edward. <3

In Boys Before Flowers, it's the same idea...JiHoo is a great friend and JanDi only loves him as a friend.

I personally think that is someone is your "soulmate," it doesn't mean that they are The One. XP!

I highly doubt there will be a sequel / season 2.

The directors should know when to stop or continue a series; they know it will drag on and on...

But because fans want to see more (like me!), they should make a short one episode epilogue. ;D

Wahh, I have nothing to look forward to on Mondays/Tuesdays now. ;___;

Im glad the series is over, but not really at the same time...@__@"

Oh and one more thing - I was about to kill that Yumi girl. ><" urgh!

Go away you backstabber. XD Some may argue she was/wasn't necessary, but hey, remember, its a DRAMA. XP

Guest --hearts.

That pool scene was seriously something else. Absolutely amazing. I really don't even have the words to describe it. <3

Guest she-smiles

I can't believe Khotboda Namja has come to an end. What will I be looking forward to now on Monday's & Tuesday's? *Sigh*

Song Woo Bin, my prince -- I was initially disappointed that he didn't have a story of his own. But eventually, I was glad that he didn't. It's already enough that the other F3 were having issues of their own. Having Woo Bin there as their backbone and supporter was his job. Although we saw him in the end of episode 25, I just wish we knew what happened to him during those 4 years.... what were his accomplishments, any love relationships, etc?

So Yi Jung -- Oh gracious, if He didn't have Ga Eul, who knows what could have happened to him. But thanks to Ga Eul, he remained motivated and he changed his Casanova ways (or so we hope). I have and will always treasure the SOEUL moments. And I'm glad he came back from Sweden, with hopes that Ga Eul would wait for him. =) Forgive me, JoonPyo & JanDi, but my heart was always burning for SOEUL.

Yoon Ji Hoo -- He's probably one of my favorite characters. He was always good to JanDi, yet faithful to JooPyo. He knew his limits. There were many times when he just wanted to snatch JanDi from Joonpyo, but it was never out of greed or selfishness. It was out of love and empathy. Ji Hoo's personality was always so caring and forgiving. I'm glad his grandfather came back into his life. He wasn't so lonely anymore. =) I was actually surprised that Ji Hoo became a doctor. With his passion for music, I thought he would do something with that.

Goo JoonPyo -- Besides Yi Jung, JoonPyo was one of the most dynamic characters. From someone who never understood love, to someone who just wanted to be loved. I'm disappointed that JanDi & Ji Hoo seemed to have more camera time together, rather than JanDi & JoonPyo. But even the little moments they shared together were bittersweet. A lot of time, I became frustrated with his character, because he doesn't know how to approach his situations in a well manner. It was always JanDi running to him, helping him. But I still love you, JoonPyo.

Geum JanDi -- First of all, I was always so annoyed by her "Sunbae!" reactions. In the beginning, she was so indecisive with her feelings. But eventually, we saw that she really loved JoonPyo. It's unfortunate that a lot of times, she had to sacrifice him for her family and friends. But what can we say, she's not selfish at all. I'm glad she never gave up. There were times when she was about to, but she would always come back strong.

Choo Ga Eul -- A lot of times, I wonder why she fell for Yi Jung. He was handsome and he knew the right words to sweep a girl off her feet, but how did she fall into his trap?! But then again, I fell for his trap as well. Hehe. Ga Eul was one of the few people who had sense. She was always there to lecture Yi Jung of his mistakes, but she remained supportive of him. If it wasn't for her words of wisdom, he wouldn't have become the person he is now. And I'm glad that after 4 years, her feelings for him were still strong. =) SOEUL MATES forever <3

Chairman Kang Hee Sook (JoonPyo's Uma) -- Yes, I just had to comment about her as well. She's so freakin' evil, but I loved her acting! Before BOF started casting, I always wanted her to play the role. I watched her in Fashion 70's & MISA, and I just knew she would play the role perfectly. Anyway, I'd would have liked to see her apologize to JanDi and her family, for her wrongdoings. But we did get the idea that she became a changed woman. =)

May I just also add that I loved the pool scene -- when Jandi threw the necklace into the water, and she pointed out the little yet important details of JoonPyo. Then she went, and he came to the rescue. *Sigh* That was an unforgettable moment, and a great way to get his memory back. I think he should have gone into the pool though, and she should have saved him, like how she saved him the first time, and then he'll remember everything! Haha, but what's done is done. =)

*Sigh* I'm so sad now, no more Khotboda Namja. Annyeong ~

Guest kaungmalay

Hi guys, i am an avid silent reader of this forum!

what a blast BOF has been! i dont remember ever being so emotionally vested in a drama before BOF. That’s the magic of this drama!

I also did not get as hooked on to the Japanese and Taiwan versions.

The ending was NOT GREAT but satisfactory enough for me. at least i know that GJP-GJD and Seoul couples ended up together and the F3 are happy. rumours have been circulating that there is going to be a season 2 but i am not that keen as i feel that most of the important arcs have been covered.

All along i have always been GJP-GJD shipper and the chemistry between LMH and GHS is sizzling and they are such amazing actors! Love love love them... And of course, the rest of the cast was pretty awesome too... kudos to the casting director.

I am really happy that all the actors are getting the recognition that they deserved for their hardwork and has become household names. Cant wait to see them in new dramas. Esp LMH! Heee... he has made me into a fangirl!

Thank you to the BOF cast and crew for their hardwork and staying through till the end despite the gruelling filming schedules, various hardships and accidents. hope everyone get the much needed rest!

Thank you to all the forumers for the spoilers, insights, pics, ranting, recaps, etc... you guys made BOF watching experience all the more special.

Like how many peeps have expressed, BOF will always have a special place in my heart...

Guest espeluvsit

there isn't even a kissing scene at the end of the series?..except that one in the pool but that wasn't considered as an intimate you know kiss. haha. I'm like craving for jun-pyo and jandi kissing scene. humm.. bummer. anyway. too bad i read some of the comments before watching the last episode. ha. spoiled myself. but really nice open ending. at least in the end they really try to copy the trademark of meteor garden.

Guest s0ori

----

April fools joke?

ow.really?uwah..it's a good decision..there's a sequel for it.the bad thing is that it's on the next year.oh,well..time is fast so i'll wait for it..hehe!but is it really true?..I thought they'd agreed that there won't be a sequel for it due to some problems..i forgot what are they..lol! they'd also sign some documents about it..

WHERE ARE THE CAPS FROM BOF PARTY??...IF IT'S ALREADY POSTED..PLS GIVE ME THE LINK!... :D

Guest LemonMud

ehhh...

i'm getting ready to watch 24...

and im dreading the end since i've read here that 25 is full of suspense...

i cant stand cliffhangers......... ahhh

even though i havent finished it, i hope there is a season 2!!!!

...coughjandixjihoocoughattack...

Guest webby

i found out the title of the song in episode 23 when ga eul brought yi jung up the roof and when yi jung cried bitterly upon seeing the I love Yi Jung poster. the title is 숨겨봐도 안되는마음, sang by Lee Ji Hye 숨겨봐도 안되는마음 - 이지혜

anyone know where to download it?

I don't think it is released yet so there's prob no where to download it unless you rip it from the episode. I like that song as well and think it is used so well in that particular scene of yijung and gaeul. Best scene in epi 23 imo.

I think the pool scene in ep 25 was very well scripted to get junpyo's memory back, much much better than him being hit by a baseball or any ball and then kaboom his memory comes back (think that's the manga version). Although I personally also have my disappointments in not seeing certain scenes that i'd like played out on screen, i still think the scripwriter did nail a number of scenes in the drama, esp ones where she changed the unrealistic manga portions. Ones i can remember off my head:

1) she changed the first kiss scene of JD and JP and i'm so glad for that one. I think the lights out and kiss anyone you want in the manga was a bit weird.

2) no teen of japan/korea. after seeing it once in HYD japan, i think they don't need to redo it for the korean version.

3) JD helping JP's mom out with the foreign man -investor who sits in the park in NY. That is prob the one part that i felt was most unrealistic although it's in the context of a manga. So i'm really glad that was edited out.

The scenes that she nailed:

1) gaeul yijung rooftop scene (love love love that one eventhough i'm not technically a GE YJ shipper). YJ shouting out that he's stupid and how could eunchae give him such a hard question to solve... (that part gave me shivers, it was so well scripted).

2) all parts in ep 25 where the dialogues bring back the good old lines from earlier episodes. very well done.

3) jandi jp swimming pool scene in EP 25. The lines were just great. Jandi hit junpyo in the right soft spot to get him thinking. How did she ever think of asking him if he knew how to swim... she's brilliant. And how they flashed back to the multiple drowning scenes, so there was a purpose for jandi to keep drowning after all, and its full impact was finally discovered and is persuasively something significant enough to bring back junpyo's memories.

4) Separation dialogue in ep 23 when JD broke up with JP--- "Have you ever once thought of me as just a man?" "No, i have not forgotten for one second that you are Shinhwa group's goo junpyo." I can imagine the heartache.

5) EP 25 JD said the goo junpyo she loved is no longer here. (the manga did have something similar). but this line where she said she thought that if they were to start out from the beginning, she had thought that he would still warm up to her but he did not. I think that was an impactful line which i don't think was in the manga.

There are so many more, some that were prob brought to life due to the sheer brilliance of the casts superb acting and others that we have to give recognition to the scriptwriter.

I think it will be hard to have a season 2 and have as much spunk and drama as BOF. That said, the scriptwriter seems to nail dramatic scenes better. so she may have it all planned out already. i will watch if it comes out but only if they keep the original cast.

edit: i love this mv... House maid MV JD JP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCQwHqoC45s...feature=channel

I have a wonderful idea, and I'm sure the BOF writers/producers/director would agree with me. The 2nd season of BOF should be devoted entirely to Rui/Ji Hoo's character. In his unwavering quest to find true love, 24 episodes of JH on-screen presence should be enough to satisfy all the Ji Hoo fans. The storyline is creative and haven't been dramatize. I'm overly ecstatic just thinking about the many prospects that would arise from this suggestion. :unsure:

Guest lilnahnah

----

April fools joke?

What more could they possibly do?

The story in my opinion has ended. There's been a resolution to everything and we know that they lived happily ever after.

Maybe in Season 2 we could focus on a Yijung/Gaeul story and have them as the main characters?

Cuz I don't want any more Jihoo angst.... :(

If they do a season 2, they hafta give Jihoo some lovin, is all I'm saying.

And Jandi & Junpyo can just have a minor fluff role where they're just fighting all the time (but still very much in love.)

Oh and dude. Woobin has to have a bigger role. HAS TO.

But honestly,

1) I'm doubtful that a 2nd season would actually happen

and

2) I'm doubtful that it would be as interesting....