[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

really then what was that ring he had on his desk for?

You're right, JH was going to propose to JD. He looked at the wedding pictures and this made him feel that JD was the perfect person to have his mother's ring. That's why he took out the ring after looking at the pictures and he had a smile on his face. Of course, this was before he fully realized that not only could JP not let JD go, but that JD could not let JP go. Unfortunately, he found this out when he tried to wipe JD's tears at the restaurant. This was like the ultimate rejection because since the beginning he has been wiping away her tears and she has been letting him. At that point he fully realized that he would not be able to replace JP in JD's heart. I actually felt more sorry for him today than at any other time.

Okay, I was going to give JK the benefit of the doubt because 1. I figured she'd be gone by the end of the episode and 2. because I thought she was just testing JD and JP's love. I don't anymore. She is just a pink berry. JD's friendship isn't important to her nor is JP's all she is thinking about is herself and what she wants. Even after acknowledging their love and the bullcrap crying and asking for forgiveness she just plows right ahead with what she want. My God, you have to be really desparate to have a man tell you he doesn't want you, he loves your so-called friend and if askedif he'll love and protect you forever he says no. Does it take a brick to fall on you for you to get over it and move on. She's lucky she comes to her senses in the next episode because her married life would be miserable and JP would go from finding her annoying to outright hating her. What I don't get is that although she calling off the wedding and claims to care about JD and JP how come she didn't do something regarding protecting them from Mama Kang. How come the written preview says Shinhwa is in trouble again. Seems like Mama Kang needs to pay more attention to business and less to her children's love lives.

For those who think JP is a wuss, he's not. He's a confused, manipulated, very young man. He knows what he wants but is not sure how to go about getting it on his own. He's never had to worry about anything like this before because he had minions to take care of it or be fired. And it is very obvious that his mother is holding JD's well-being over his head. For example, when he began to protest the wedding his mother not so gently reminded him that business is give and take while looking at JD.

Guest clauds

Ooooh, I cannot wait to watch ep21. But I cant find the eng subs anywhere. Help! I'm so desperate. ): Anyways, I read the preview for episode 22. THE ISLAND PART WAS AWESOME IN THE MANGA. I hope JD will tell JP she loves him on the island... I actually feel really bad that JaeKyung won't end up with Junpyo. I loved them together. But yesterday's episode made me love Junpyo & Jandi together again :) I guess I'll just have to patiently wait for ep21...T___T

Just finished watching ep 21 (except for part 4, so unless I missed something there...) and I have to say that I am REALLY disappointed in JP. All along, I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt and just waiting for him to be a man, a real man who takes responsibility to the very end. However, he has failed at every opportunity:

1. We're led to believe that he was cruel to JD in Macau because of some deal he made with his mom
  2. He never explains the deal to JD (which is fine but then he has GOT to stop giving her mixed messages)
  3. He is never really truthful with JK. Sure, he says that there's another girl that he likes, but he lets her walk away from the conversation. Also, he lets her hang onto him all the time. If he really doesn't like her, then LET HER KNOW THAT.
  4. He wastes another perfect opportunity when he confesses to JK and asks for her forgiveness. You really can't blame JK for thinking that JP will one day forget JD and come to love her instead. After all, she tells him that's her hope and her plan and he doesn't tell her that there is no hope. He should just tell that he will always love JD and that with each day, he is starting to hate JK, and everyday apart from JD will only make him hate JK more. Sometimes, the truth hurts but you have to tell her the truth so that she'll stop hoping.
  5. When JP's mom announced that the wedding has been advanced and reminds him about the "give and take" deal they made, he should have confronted her about the fact that she failed to keep up her end of the bargain.

So basically, I'm really upset that he never really makes a stand on any issue. It's like his sister said, he has to be willing to risk everything-Shinhwa, family, and even his name-but he's still hoping that someone else will fix the situation. And it's really cowardly that he expects JK to fix it the day before the wedding when he's never really honestly told her how he feels. BAD, BAD, BAD move Mr. PD and Ms. Scritpwriter. Give us back the tough JP.

On a side note, did anyone else find the wedding weird? First, it's the merger between 2 big conglomerates and everyone knows that it's an arranged business deal so where are all the papparazzi? We're supposed to believe that JK and JP's appearance at the phone launch was so popular that it spawned a CF but their actual wedding is a small, private affair? Second, where are the Korean hanboks? Why aren't the mothers wearing them? Third, I hate the jacket that JD is wearing over her dress. I hope it's not part of her actual bridesmaid's outfit? Fourth, why isn't JD's hair and makeup done? She is the bridesmaid. Fifth, I hate the carnation that JP is wearing on his tuxedo. 16-year-old boys going to their prom wear a better boutonniere than what JP is wearing to his wedding, never mind that he doesn't want to get married.

And JK! Does she really expect to get any helpful advice from JD on selecting dresses? How dense can a girl be? And how mean can a girl be to purposely rub it in. If you want JD as your bridesmaid, then be prepared to have a depressed JD as your bridesmaid. Otherwise, ask Chen your bodyguard to be your bridesmaid since you don't have any other friends.

I thought JK looked really nice for her wedding. The one close-up shot of her face that they showed as she's sitting in her bridal room looked really nice. I didn't like her in the Shinhwa CF commercial shoots--thought she looked really awkward and had a strange deer-in-the-headlights look to her. But she looked nice for the wedding. Still don't like her vintage dress, though. I think it's ugly.

And the scene with the F4 actually considering breaking JP's arm. I agree with an earlier poster that the scene was just too funny. Shows how young they really are that they were actually considering it. That's just what's so funny about it. None of the F4 appear to question that breaking JP's arm is NOT an option.

Guest blametheloserinme0

I'm looking for the song that plays a few times in this episode. When JH & JD are in the field, when JP kneels to JK and at the very end of the episode at the credits. Does anyone know what this song is called/by who?

I was hoping it would be in the OST, but it isnt.

thanks.

My favorite song on the OST is 어떡하죠 - 지선 (Jisun)

Such a beautiful song, and i love her voice. :)

does anyone possibly know a translation to the lyrics of the song???

Guest ayneel

Just a quick question guys, hope you don't mind.

In Ep 20, specifically here, what is the name of the song which played at 0:12? Sang by...?

It doesn't seem to be in the second OST. It's gotten me frustrated. They add random new songs it leaves my mind muddled. Oh the agony. Oh, and in ep19 (I think it was), there was another song played when Jandi fell asleep in JiHoo's shoulders, and that one too, was totally random. Geez.

Help would be appreciated ^^ Thanks! :)

We're supposed to believe that JK and JP's appearance at the phone launch was so popular that it spawned a CF but their actual wedding is a small, private affair? Second, where are the Korean hanboks? Why aren't the mothers wearing them? Fourth, why isn't JD's hair and makeup done? She is the bridesmaid.

Sorry to cut your post..I do agree with your statement regarding the paparazzi. i remembered during one of the scene where JP and JK was having their first date and they arrived at the Shinhwa hand phone booth launch commercial with lots of paparazzi surrounding around them. it's kind of weird not to see anyone during the event of the centuries.

Second, i believed it was mentioned before the wedding was fast forward so i guess everything was being prepared in last minute. but as far as i know, it's mandatory for the mothers to wear korean hanboksduring wedding event.

Thirdly, i was shocked when seeing JD in the plain bridesmaid outfit. she looked much more better during the photo shoot scene with JH.

Back to the episode, what happen to JunPyo's curly signature hairstyle? i guess his hair become straighten due to the exhaustion entertaining the unwanted fiancee..haha..

hmm anyone knows where i can watch BOF with eng subs now? im like dying waiting for it to come out ):

Is there anywhere where I can see the preview of ep 23?

Does ANYONE know where I can find ep 21 english subb?

Viikii is acting off. ARGH

Guys,Please Read The First Post before posting here. We have been warned for the second time by the Moderator for spamming this thread. I really don't want this thread to be close down permanently.

2nd Warning

This episode was just so full of ANGST! Yesterday's was so much better.

I have to say I really don't get why Jandi lets herself being trampled all over by JK. She can stand up for anyone else, but not herself? The writers are really frustrating me at this point concerning JK as well. I really do not like how they have portrayed Shigeru in this version. We've had to endure her sorry richard simmons for 10 episodes total (counting Ep 22). Enough already!!

And next week they are bringing in Umi!! We will probably only have tops 2 episodes more with Jundi love before the whole series is finished. I'm bracing myself for misery until the last 10 minutes of episode 25. Argh! There is a reason why I watch more Jdramas than Kdramas. :huh:

.....For those who think JP is a wuss, he's not. He's a confused, manipulated, very young man. He knows what he wants but is not sure how to go about getting it on his own. He's never had to worry about anything like this before because he had minions to take care of it or be fired. And it is very obvious that his mother is holding JD's well-being over his head. For example, when he began to protest the wedding his mother not so gently reminded him that business is give and take while looking at JD.

Sorry to cut your post....but since your first post I seem to agree with you in everything (also in the other points that I´ve cut out) ... :D:D:D

Of course, I would love to see a more convincing JunPyo, one that has more guts to fight for his love...but as you said he is a young confused man

with two strong opponents...therefore aja aja fighting for JunDi love, just leave them alone JK!!!

Btw, mmhh leaving alone?!?... I just hope that next episode will have wonderful JunDi moments to make up all the angst and tears both shed (ep. 20

is surely not enough!)...

Guest funkindagirl

I was watching Ep. 21 and I dont know if it was just me but I found the scene where F4 playing football damn funny. I was cracking up till my sides were splitting...yes i found it THAT hilarious for some reason. LOL

They were playing nicely and then all of a sudden JP's frustration takes over and he starts elbowing and pushing them out the way!

I was ROFL-ing sooo bad when JP pushes WB and he falls to the ground...poor guy :lol:

And then when HJ goes down, he sorta springs up before he lands on the ground...THE LOOK ON HIS FACE.....AHAHAHA :lol::lol::lol:

YJ didnt really get it that bad at all...I was hoping he'd get shoved by JP and fall too... :lol:

And the funny thing is...they're so TOLERANT of him, they end up sitting back and let him play alone...gosh he really is F4's leader.

This is gonna go down as one of my fav F4 moments ever.

Guest myname_boa_betheone

Today's episode made me switch team

Ji Hoo please. Jun Pyo is just a coward and he doesn't deserve Jan Di.

Ji Hoo is obviously a better man for Jan Di.

Guest samgirl

I finished watch episode21 , it was quite ok but I loved yesterdays episode more because it has a lot of joondi moments, was also waiting for the scene where jp would see jd and jh shoot,was it cut? I was expecting np to throw a fit upon seeing the photo. It would have been perfect no? If they decided to not show it, then that shoot they did is rather pointless,except if they meant of to be there for fan service alone.

Guest eternitygoddess

For the family that's supposedly the richest in Korea, JP's wedding is absurdly low-scale.

I expected something WAYYYY grander and ostentatious.

Guest eternitygoddess

And the funny thing is...they're so TOLERANT of him, they end up sitting back and let him play alone...gosh he really is F4's leader.

I don't think it's so much that they're "tolerant" of him as they understand him. They know he's in a pissy mood, and it's be stupid to aggravate him any further, so they let him play alone and blow some steam off.

If JP was really out of line, none of the F4 would hesitate to punch him out.

Episode 21 090317 TNS Ratings

33.6% (Nationwide) [2nd]

33.8% (Seoul) [2nd]

Credit: TNS Ratings

Still great ratings. I hope when this drama ends, it will probably hit around 40-50% ratings. :D

Can't wait to watch episode 21. And those Yoon-Geum wedding pics are so cuteeeee.