[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest huangsy

if KIM Bum only, u can just post at his own thread, which you had already advertised 2 posts above for others to go there to look.

No need to duplicate postings of photos here.

If every fan of every single one the cast were to duplicate the photos here, it would be an overload.

Guest manderley_angel

screencapped these from the official website posted by huangsy:

f4unif.png

^ they looks so tough here, very ggangpae.

f4withjandi.png

^ jandi looks very cute with the f4 boys! and their uniforms look really fancy.

f4pink.png

^ smiling f4 boys... they all look very handsome!

f4smile.png

^ i love this pic! wacky f4... looks like they're really a group of friends here... just hanging out.

Guest Happy_Day

GeumJanDi / GooHyeSun

Age 18-19

-An average high-school girl from a family that owns a small dry-cleaning business. Her family is not poor but not really middle-class either.

-From a young age, she began to love the water and her hobby is swimming. She is well-known for being a good swimmer; she was even featured in a local newspaper. She is scouted to her new school as a representative of the swim team as a result of saving a student from drowning (in a suicide attempt).

-Despite her stubbornness and clean nature, she is pushed to attend the school that does not fit her personality at her parents’ will.

-In the midst of all the drama of the rich students and especially the F4 members, when she arrives she becomes a “red card target” for bullying.

-She has strength and energy, and unfailing survival skills even with everyone stepping all over her.

-With her “hungry mindset” that she has nowhere to retreat and nothing to lose, she is able to win with her strong health despite her small frame.

-One day when she hiding in a corner of the emergency stairs, she meets an F4 member YoonJiHoo and feels a strange emotion and her heart beats faster around him – but things get complicated when the F4 leader GooJoonPyo makes an aggressive confession of love.

GooJoonPyo / LeeMinHo

Age 19-20

-F4 leader, son of Korea’s representative jaebul family (rich/elite), future successor of ShinHwa Group company.

-He grew up at the hands of the company’s employees rather than his parents.

-He believes the world is his for the taking, and that he is the most important person between Earth and Heaven.

-However, he has troubles of his own, things that come with being part of a jaebul family.

-He grew up with the confident, aggressive mindset “I can do anything if I try.”

-He had to overcome a lot terrifying situations like kidnap while he was growing up. However, because of this, he is a master at all kinds of martial arts.

-Because of a certain terrifying kidnapping incident, the one physical thing he keeps at a distance is water.

-One other crucial Achilles heel he has is his older sister whom he fears even more that God Himself. But the ironic thing is that he falls deeply for JanDi, who reminds him of this older sister he dreads.

-Like his curly hair, he has a hot, unpredictable temper and rough personality, but inside he is like a child with his purity.

-He is flawless in 5 languages because he’s traveled so much around the world. But with that follows a weakness in basic common sense and the Korean language.

-He tends to follow his instincts rather than logic, so he is rather simple-minded and he shows his emotions in a frank manner.

-Surprisingly, he is innocent around girls; in the face of love, he turns into a naïve boy. So he is extremely pained when he finds out JanDi’s heart is with his closest friend JiHoo in the F4 group. However, he cannot give up JanDi and remains true to his feelings until the end, and even with his parents’ strong opposition, his love never waivers and soon this love starts to move JanDi’s heart little by little.

Ahh, so THAT's how she got accepted into the school! The change is nice, actually. o: One of the things I didn't understand in the original was how Makino went to Eitoku in the first place, especially when her family was so poor... I'd imagine the tuition for the school would be super high, especially since it's a school for almost exclusively rich kids. Her scholarship for the swim team makes a lot of sense. xD Plus, the fact Junpyo has an irrational fear of water should make things interesting, especially with Jandi's skills.

But seriously. There's such an overload of pics/info all of a sudden~ I swear Group 8's doing this to torture us. Like starving us for long periods of time but making up for it by giving us a bountiful feast at random intervals. xD

GeumJanDi/GooHyeSun

Age 18-19

-An average high-school girl from a family that owns a small dry-cleaning business. Her family is not poor but not middle-class.

-From a young age, she began to love the water and her hobby is swimming. She is well-known for being a good swimmer; she was even featured in a local newspaper. She is scouted to her new school as a representative of the swim team as a result of saving a student from drowning (in a suicide attempt).

-Despite her stubbornness and clean nature, she is pushed to attend the school that does not fit her personality at her parents’ will.

GooJoonPyo/LeeYeenHo

Age 19-20

-Because of a certain terrifying kidnapping incident, the one physical thing he keeps at a distance is water.

I'm loving their version of the plot already; Jandi in the swim team will definitely make for a good twist.

It'll give her a different style from the other 2 previous MAkino's.

Guest Happy_Day

GeumJanDi / GooHyeSun

Age 18-19

An average high-school girl from a family that owns a small dry-cleaning business. Her family is not poor but not really middle-class either.

From a young age, when her mother worked at the counter of a swimming pool, she began to love the water and her hobby is swimming. She is well-known for being a good swimmer; she was even featured in a local newspaper. In a moment of fate, while she is on a delivery job, she saves a student from drowning in a suicide attempt, and then she is scouted to her new school as a representative of the swim team. Despite her stubbornness and clean nature, she is pushed to attend the school that does not fit her personality at her parents’ will.

In the midst of all the drama of the rich students and especially the F4 members, when she arrives she becomes a “red card target” for bullying. But she has strength and energy, and unfailing survival skills even with everyone stepping all over her. With her “hungry mindset” that she has nowhere to retreat and nothing to lose, she is able to win with her strong health despite her small frame.

One day she meets an F4 member YoonJiHoo while hiding in a corner of the emergency stairs, and she feels a strange emotion and her heart beats faster around him – but things get complicated when the F4 leader GooJoonPyo makes a bold, aggressive confession of love.

GooJoonPyo / LeeMinHo

Age 19-20

F4 leader, son of Korea’s representative jaebul family, future successor of ShinHwa Group company.

He grew up at the hands of the company’s employees rather than his parents. He believes the world is his for the taking, and that he is the most important person between Earth and Heaven. However, he has troubles of his own, things that come with being part of a jaebul family. Growing up, he gained a confident, aggressive mindset: “I can do anything if I try.”

He had to overcome a lot terrifying situations like kidnap while he was growing up. However, because of this, he is a master at all kinds of martial arts. Because of a certain terrifying kidnapping incident, the one physical thing he keeps at a distance is water. One other crucial Achilles heel he has is his older sister whom he fears even more that God Himself. But the ironic thing is that he falls deeply for JanDi, who reminds him of this older sister he dreads.

Like his curly hair, he has a hot, unpredictable temper and rough personality, but inside he is like a child with his purity. He is flawless in 5 languages because he’s traveled so much around the world. But with that follows a weakness in basic common sense and the Korean language. He tends to follow his instincts rather than logic, so he is rather simple-minded and he shows his emotions in a frank manner.

Surprisingly, he is innocent around girls; in the face of love, he turns into a naïve boy. So he is extremely pained when he finds out JanDi’s heart is with his closest friend JiHoo in the F4 group. However, he cannot give up JanDi and remains true to his feelings until the end, and even with his parents’ strong opposition, his love never waivers and soon this love starts to move JanDi’s heart little by little.

YoonJiHoo / KimHyunJoong

Age 19-20

He is known for being the “pretty boy” or “flower boy” of the F4 group. He is the future successor of an art center and orchestra, among other things. In a sense, he is also a musician. He is part of a powerful political family, grandson of the former President of South Korea.

When he was 5 years old, he lost his parents to a car accident and has since lived by himself. Because of the accident, he showed signs of becoming autistic (characterized by impaired communication and emotional detachment). However, he was able to recover through his first love SeoHyun. He believed that SeoHyun would be his first and last love, but he found that she was a woman no one could get close to completely.

While he was hesitating with his love for SeoHyun, it was JanDi who helped him regain his courage. Suddenly, it seemed that JanDi was thrown into his life one day, a weed-like girl from a less-than-average family. This girl made him take action upon his love for SeoHyun. With JanDi’s encouragement, he followed SeoHyun to France but realized there that his “love” for SeoHyun had been an idealistic, fantasy, dream-like thing. He returns to Korea. However, there is another complicated love waiting for him there. It is a familiar position for him, but that is what makes it all the more painful.

He lives in his own world, his own personal time and space. He has a straight, perfect plan for himself. From time to time, he is random and a bit silly. But he has a clear idea of what he wants and a clear perspective on things. He has a relaxed, calm, and unhurried nature. All of these characteristics make it impossible for those around him to make him waiver or shake his emotions.

Before he meets JanDi, he has no interest in other people’s affairs. Not only does he not care about these things, he is an icy, prickly person. He is the “cool prince.” When he meets JanDi, with his innate piercing insight into people’s souls, he searches for, pays attention to, and cares for every little thing in JanDi’s heart and mind. They stand on a shaky, dangerous rope between friendship and love.

Guest jalan-jalan

Happy Day... thanks for posting that write up re the characters.

It looks interesting especially how they did Makino's (GHS) character [Right now, I still have Hanadan's character names committed to memory, but once I start watching this drama, I sure will remember their names].

I am looking forward to the Korean version of Hanadan. Having Kim Bum was a pulling factor for me.

Thank you, huangsy, for providing an extended selection of pictures from the press conference, particularly the entry featuring shots of Goo Hye Sun. As a male, and in the minortity camp as far as KDRama goes, I can understand why all of these handsome guys garner the bulk of the attention, but it hurts me to see this actress savaged so often, and so unfairly at many sites for being chosen as the lead for this project. Thanks also to Happy_Day for providing the character backgrounds including the ages which should, once and for all, put an end to all of this sniping about the lead actress being "too old". Though her actual age is 24, she could easily be mistaken for a teenager, and can surely get away with acting her way through the part.

Really looking forward to seeing this drama as it plays out. The wheels are already in motion, let us all enjoy a great ride.... :D

Hqappy Holidays!!! :P

Guest Happy_Day

^ You know, I was looking up all their profiles on Naver the other day.. and from what I remember, GooHyeSun is only a year or two older than HyunJoong.

So what's the big deal? LOL~

Guest MiyuKanata09

since posting download links are not allowed (i think...) i wanted to share these video clips for those who wanna keep a copy on their computers...

all of which can be viewed, streaming over at my youtube playlist, click here for download links.

manderley_angel Thank you for sharing..but i can't download them..when i click the download link.. it will lead me to youtube which i can't download there so..can you help me...

The 7 min trailer looks so good! Even though I couldn't understand a word they're saying I really loved Koo Hye Sun's funny and determined expressions, Kim Bum's suave kissing of a girl's hand, and Lee Min Ho's arrogant yet sweet actions. This might be the best HYD to date! I am optimistic and glad that I have some new drama to look forward to.

Guest darcyausten86

Love the part when her dad takes her to school and pretends to be her driver. LOL

I think it is going to be better then the two other versions.

Guest MiyuKanata09

Love the part when her dad takes her to school and pretends to be her driver. LOL

I think it is going to be better then the two other versions.

LOL i love that part too.. I also love the part where Jan di was imagining of what might jun pyo will do to her..haha silly girl..

i agree seems like it will be better and the best of of three versions..

This series is shaping up really well! I love all the recent photoshoots and previews (although I'm still more fond of Japan's photography and camerawork, but I guess I'll wait until I get to see the series).

After watching the 7-minute preview, I get the feeling that this series will have a similar Shin-vs.-Yul-type camp when this series airs. Tough-boy vs. Pretty-boy. Not that I mind :sweatingbullets: I just want this series to be successful.

BTW, I'm really liking LMH's perm. Like some other poster said, he really looks better on-screen than on photos. I can't wait to see his portrayal!