[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest KristyS

Grrr, I feel so mad right now... This series just keeps on getting intense, even when it's close to ending.

I really like that fact that in the episode, JH finally confessed that he loves JD... too bad she was asleep.

They could be a really great couple if things don't go well with JP because JH can always be there for her no matter what.

JP as a father looks awesome ! One happy family hehe

Today's kiss scene was alright, I wasn't feeling it but I hope tmr's will be better.

Ga Eul and Yi Jeong's scenes are also getting better ^^ .. I'm starting to like this couple and cannot wait for their kiss scene.. If there is one that is.

Guest ml_87

I had a quick (probably stupid) question...

Does jihoo's grandfather really want to set him up with jandi? or did he just say that so mama kang would remove her claws from jandi?

i think both :rolleyes:

he do wish JD becomes JH"s wife B) but he also knows that JD doesnt love JH (the short talk of him with JH shows that).

i'm sure that we wont see the stabbing scene today cauz there're many things to fill. JoonDi's last date, YJ-GE storyline. i think we may end today episode by JP is caught by the police becau he broke the toy machine :mellow: so the amnesia occurs in 24th episode and may extent a bit to the final one. so stupid! i think the PD has wasted the 19th epiosde with JP-JK and JD-JH. oa oa, i need more JoonDi moment!! <_<

Guest inyai

I had a quick (probably stupid) question...

Does jihoo's grandfather really want to set him up with jandi? or did he just say that so mama kang would remove her claws from jandi?

I don't think JH grnapa realize relationship JP n JD.....since he only saw JD n JH not JP n JD...n since JD always with JH he tought of matching them.....aware that JH like JD......

Guest fio209js2

OMG.... Todays eppy was............ the best in farrrr longg!!

I really admire JK for what she did even though it was sad for her.. :( But I really liked all the JP+JD moments!! :D

Guest tchq90

Please let me know the name of the instrumental piece that was played when JP and JD drove to the airport to bid goodbye to JK. Is it included in the second OST or the Special OST?

Guest Daiquiri

Maybe its to show that through time and circumstances, true love can still remain strong. Like the lotus, JH, JK, Mama Kang, time spent apart, distance, and all the other muddy obstacles that stand in JP and JD's way, their love will still push through and will continue to bloom for all to see.

True love isn't measured by the amount of time spent together. Its measured by the amount of deep feelings present when they are together and present when they aren't. I see the deep feelings from JH's side but not from JD's side. JH and JK have one-sided love. JP and JD have mutual love.

I agree. Despite the ugly and very complicated history between Jun-pyo and Jan-di, I always felt their love for each other was always apparent. Sure there were moments where it was trickled down to a tiny flame and other times it was roaring and in full-blast, but both of them have never forgotten their heart's deepest desire. I'll say this again, as much as I appreciate the role of Ji-hoo (Rui) the fact remains that JD has never returned those feelings back, especially after giving JP a chance and falling for him. It's always been one-sided after that. I do feel bad for the poor guy because he doesn't get the girl (both times) and as a result it is a very bittersweet ending for him. JD has indicated many times where she just hasn't felt that way for him. I'm sure she is deeply grateful for all that he has done for her but her heart was given away to someone else a long time ago. Little examples such as abruptly turning down the handkerchief in last week's episode, or even today when she ran off to find JP to go meet JK at the airport. Who was left standing behind? JH will always remain JD's good friend but nothing more. Would you really want JH to have JD as his wife or gf when her heart constantly gravitates to someone else? That's not fair even for JH. I'd rather he faces the truth and accepts it. JK came to terms with it and I think he'll be ok later down the road, like JK will. Yes, he's in for a rough patch but he'll be ok. JD made him a stronger person, one of the more important qualities that she attributed to JH as they became closer friends.

On another note, I'm glad JD is still hesitant around JP. It would just seem so out of place for her to forgive him so easily after all that has occurred. Their relationship is being rebuilt, brick by brick. We just have to be patient. I mean it's not part of JD's character to throw herself all over JP-- now that he's not ball and chain. I really loved that hugging scene, the way her eyes slowly lit up. Priceless. It was very subtle but imo those are the best moments in this drama. The subtle moments.

Finally, just a thought, I think the PDs have given us a clue as to who JD will wind up with. In episode 23, when she is reading to JP's dad, she gets to the part about the hankerchief meeting. She automatically thinks about JH. The handkerchief meeting is one in which it is comfortable and comforting. She then applies this to JP's dad saying that she wants to be the handkerchief meeting to him. In otherwords, she wants him to feel comfortable around her and she wants to comfort him in his time of need. This says volumns about her feelings towards JH. She seems to be saying that JH will never be more than what h was her comforter in time of need and someone she can be comfortable with but not in love with. She loves JH but she is not in love with JH. This is a feeling she reserves soley for JP, good, bad or indifferent. Sorry to all the JD/JH shippers it's a JoonDi ending.

Sorry to cut your post short. I also thought when they were star-gazing and JP goes "Do you know what my dream is?" and then JD replies "To go look at stars with your son." I know it could either pass off as nothing or relate to something later down the road. I am truly hoping for the latter, lol. Since we know that scenes from the past later tie in with future scenes in this drama. Or any other Korean drama for that matter.

Guest lemonsorbet

BTW

now that i think of it..

are we to assume.. jd/jp possibly hooked up? i thought they were supposed to go to separate rooms yada yada but i only saw one bed.. with a ginormous heart on it.. *nudge nudge wink wink*

:o

Guest fio209js2

Question!

Anyone have any idea what the conversation at the very end of the episode was about?

I couldn't understand it. T_T

Guest danaisVIP

Quiet and private doesn't mean expressionless, as many here would like to think. Please get rid of that notion. KHJ does a one-dimensional portrayal of his supposedly autistic character JH, which is COMPLETELY unconvincing. Autistic people have a myriad of emotions that are undercurrents in their behavior.

My main gripe about KHJ's acting is that it is SOOO OBVIOUS that he's trying to act. It esp. annoys me when he has a lot of "thinking" sequences, where it's like, "Look at me! I'm so handsome! Am I not like Prince Charming! Look how romantic I look playing the violin! Look, I'm walking my horse and thinking deep thoughts!" Then there are the equally bad anger scenes, "Look I'm angry - so I'm going to make my eyes pop out and make veins bulge!"

His impersonation of JH is so over-the-top that it becomes laughable. As we like to say in speech, "Tone it down."

LMH's acting is really well, KB's acting is good, except he needs to work on his laser-eyes. WB also shines during his few scenes.

I think the two best actors in BOF are Madame Kang and her secretary. Actually, the secretary is very much like JH's character. They're both a quiet, private, calm and collected people who mask their feelings and makes it their job to observe people. But as one can see, the secretary doesn't rely on blank stares to convey his thoughts.

i was reading a profile on ji hoo, and it said he had autism, and i was completely confused, because he shows no signs or symptoms of it .

but apparently he actually does have autism spectrum disorder ( ASD ) .

and now that i think about it he does show most of the symptoms : emotional detachment, impaired commnucation .

loll, i think those random unnecessary scenes are just to give ji hoo more screen time, and perhaps show more of the romantic, gentle, quiet - nees of him . XD

i find the way he cries really interesting . it's almost like he's sucking in saliva though the sides of his lips, while trying to squeeze his eyeballs to keep tears in . XD ( i tried it in front of a mirror and that's what it really feels and looks like . LOL )

when i first saw him crying, i couldn't help but laugh . XD i guess he must've actually been crying, because i videos of him winning awards with ss501, he does the same thing with his face .

I AGREE that the best two actors are madam kang and secretary jung ~!

madam kang's voice is so assertive, and boss - like . it's a perfect role for her .

i don't know why but i like to hear her voice when she's like yelling at jandi, or junpyo, etc,

because it's one of those voices where it's like scary, but in like a "wow this woman can act ".

and her piercing eyes . X_____________X;

Guest christiane

i watched the scene over again and jihoo did read the poem as it was. its just that he did mean it to jandi.

becauqe of u i rewatched the scene and paused on the poem ;) and tried to read the blurry screen on youtube

here it is

얼마 둬, 갈은 날 오후.

나는 당신에게 말하고 싶었지요

I wanted to tell u that is

당신을 사랑한다고

i will love

그렇게 외치고 싶었지요

i do want to talk

그게 다예요

that s all

sorry if i made a mistake somewhere cos i didn t see clearly some characters and my korean is really not good

but you were right the poem did tell he loves her and this was my mistake :P

edit..btw who is the author of this poem??

What you showed is indeed interesting. However, although I am not a (complete) K-drama addict, what I remember from watching Goong, Full House and even the all-time tearjerker, Winter Sonata, is that the second male lead did not get anywhere near as many screen time as KHJ does in this drama. Maybe because Bi/Rain's and Bae Yong Joon's fanbases are too poweful compared to those of the supporting roles. But in Goong, the story centred around Shin and Chae-kyung, within them having many emotional connections, instead of what is being done in this drama

Yes...let me add a few more points....Te 2nd male lead in GOONG is a well known Korean singer, a heartthrob to be precise, compared to the relatively unknown Ju Ji Hoon, the male lead but the story never stray from the point...and the female lead never gave mix signals to the 2nd lead. From the beginning she kept telling him, he's just a friend, and if he continue any hopes for her she's not going to entertain him....and the story didn't focus on him so much..

And to add another Korean drama with a surprise ending, My Love Patzzi leads by Jang Nara, Kim Jaewon & 2nd male lead Kim Raewon. From the beginning JNR was in love with only one guy KJW, while KRW is only her good friend but by the last 2 episode, she began to see her best friend in a different light, and the real surprised was in the end she chooses to be with her best friend instead of the guy she's been in love with.....So there's Korean drama for you.......

Quiet and private doesn't mean expressionless, as many here would like to think. Please get rid of that notion. KHJ does a one-dimensional portrayal of his supposedly autistic character JH, which is COMPLETELY unconvincing. Autistic people have a myriad of emotions that are undercurrents in their behavior.

Let's the professional be the judge for it.....Becaose as audience we can be bias...soo you like Joon Pyo more, of cos you"ll pay more attention to his acting...but KHJ didn't win popularity award for nothing...sure he has fan base as he's a member of SS501 but audience like me, seeing him for the first time - never even watch WGM or never really care abt Kpop...dunno anything abt Korean singer except Bi - I think he did fairly convincing job portraying YJH. I gets what he tried to deliver with his character...and I'm sure I'm not alone cos even in this forum alone I can see many people feels for him..If he's acting as YJH has became a threat that the ending cud be heading towards him, then he must have done a heck of good job to stirr quite a panic upon the Joondi fans(well, no doubt the ending wud be as the original since it wud implicates complication with the copyrights issuer)...But if he's no good like you say, than we won't even having his name mention over and over again in this thread...

And BTW the best looking F4 for me is Woo Bin (Kim Jun), so the reason I support KHJ is not becos of his looks especially when I dun really like Asian in blond......

And all this talk abt 'True Love" ...who is to say that JP possesive love is 'truer' than JH unconditional love? And JD's love....she's been miserable most of time since she knew JP that I didn't think she can even think straight...she is too lost in her own misery, dignity & pride plus JP never gave her a room to move on, I dun think she even know her own heart...One time she's saying one thing abt JP and another time she's happily being pampered by JH...sure she said she loves JP but her action shows that she can't live without her firefighter....

There's no love truer than a mother's to a child that she gave birth from her own womb.....never doubt that....

Guest anjou

I don't know if there's any doubt as to how it will end. It's like Pride and Prejudice: Elizabeth Bennet marries Mr. Darcy. We all know the ending, but how the screenwriters take us there is why we're all watching!!

I really enjoyed Ep 22, but I have two things to say - a question...and a beef.

Question: So JK lays out this private little paradise for JP and JD. Great. Flowers, telescope, romance, dining, dancing, etc. An opportunity to reconnect. Basically, it's the honeymoon SHE's never gonna have with JP.

My question *blush* is as follows. There's a big white bed in that little paradise that JK engineers for JP and JD. A big white bed with rose petals all over it....are we to imagine that JP and JD reconnect in more ways than the camera shows us??!?

Am I just being dirty-minded? I'm wondering why we're shown the bed, with JD smiling prettily at it....and clearly those two ARE there overnight, unless there's something going on. hmmmm?

My beef is with JP's mom. Earth to writers! She could have been such an interesting character, but instead, they made her a one-dimensional "bad-guy" character. If she were shown to have some motherly feelings, then it might be a hard choice for JP - who to choose...JD or his mom and the Shinhwa empire? But it's not even a choice! I watch and I just want to kill the old hag, or lock her up in a closet somewhere. Who would be loyal to such a witch?!?!?!? I keep waiting for some shred of humanity to appear. Nothing!

still...lovin' the show :D

The song 가슴이 어떻게 됐나봐 was played a lot since episode 18 (in wedding's scene, ending theme...),

Can anyone translate the song? I really want to know the meaning of the lyrics

This song has been translated and romanized by sonjap a while ago. you can find it here: Post #20728. Translation credits to her.

Please let me know the name of the instrumental piece that was played when JP and JD drove to the airport to bid goodbye to JK. Is it included in the second OST or the Special OST?

it's called Blue Flower (Inst.). you can find it on the first OST album. Track 11.

Anyone have any idea what the conversation at the very end of the episode was about?

JP:It's weird.

JD:What?

JP:It feels like I'm in a vague dream I had before.

KHS:The preparations are going well, right?

Secretary:What are you planning?

KHS:I have to use this as a chance to take her out from the roots.I'll make that childish girl realize that if there's anything better than money, that she's grateful if it were misery.

Head maid:I didn't raise the young master as such a pitiful man.

JP: Thanks

YJ:I definitely am a cool guy, but not a good one.

GE:Please throw away the misconception that good girls always want a good guy.

WB:Really?She had Ga Eul's father fired?

YJ:All this...

WB:...is done just to get to Geum Jan Di.

*edited*

one last note, i noticed that for the last 10 pages or so..we have lot of people commenting about actor's acting. Please guys, read the 1st post of this thread. we have been warned twice by the moderator. if the whole bashing actors comments still continue, i'm sure this thread will close permanently.

2nd Warning

3. Do not bash actors, actresses, or other members, or post untrue information.

Bashing will not be tolerated by any means and will result in a warning. This includes but is not limited to the usage of derogatory remarks, spreading rumors, swearing, etc. Please respect each others' difference of opinions.

Guest shamien7

Episode 22 230309 TNS Ratings

31.8% (Nationwide) [2nd]

32.4% (Seoul) [2nd]

Credit: TNS Ratings

The rating keeps going down...i miss the good old time when the rating keep going up and up... :rolleyes:

What to do...the burning enraging fire has become smaller and smaller each episode (that has JK in it)... :mellow:

Why oh why the PD is so blind...BOF is worthy of getting 40% rating but he had to ruin it...

Is it so hard for him to thinkrealize what the viewers love the most???

Guest blametheloserinme0

The song 가슴이 어떻게 됐나봐 was played a lot since episode 18 (in wedding's scene, ending theme...), many has asked about this song, it was included in BOF's OST especial edition

http://www.mediafire.com/?emj24ylzhnx

Can anyone translate the song? I really want to know the meaning of the lyrics

OMG!! Thanks so much...you dont know how long i was looking for this song....well not literally, but i didnt know who it was. haha

Thanks!!!

----

Man, todays episode was <3. Joon Pyo & Jan Di

I think the wedding was awquard. It seemed like it was rushed or something, i was expecting something much different. but whatever. lol

Guest webby

i have to admit i am slow becoz it took me 22 episodes to realize why junpyo was attracted to jandi. prior to this epi, i've always thought it was becoz jandi was chivalrous, she dared to stand up against him, she was strong willed, and it doesnt help that when jandi asks junpyo the same question, he answers it with a "you can just be you"... LOL..... but now i think it all boils down to the fact that she has a warm personality. Now come to think of it, jihoo was the first to comment on that in ep 8 when he remarked to jandi "everything about you is warm...". In fact at that time, i took it as just part of the script and conversation. But when secretary Jung voiced that the man in the coma needs someone warm around him and that jandi is the warmest personality he has ever come across, those words just struck me like a bullet. Whatever was missing in the Yoon family was exactly the same element that the Goo family lacks. Now i'm not satisfied with just jihoo's restoration to his family. I would love to see junpyo's family being totally restored by jandi. It would be the BEST GIFT ever.

Grandpa Yoon remarked to Madam Kang that she has changed a lot. I wonder whether she used to be different, a better personality if anything. And if jandi could fully win her acceptance. It didn't matter much to me in the manga, but somehow I really want to see the acceptance on Madam Kang's end, to warm up to jandi as a person.

Sometimes i wonder if goo junpyo actually knew the reason why he was attracted to jandi. All the admirable qualities she possesses, being chivalrous for her pals all stem out from her warm personality. This also explains why she isn't quite the heroine who can kick-richard simmons when there's no one around for her to protect.

One of my fav scenes is jandi greeting the man in the coma. No one can help not liking her.

on another note, are they really going to use all the songs in the OST at least once in the drama? There are still some that haven't been used at all in BOF, esp my fav song by Howl. I know i've complained abt the short kiss scene, but honestly, shouldn't it be given more screen time than the pink flamingoes at the zoo? LOL

I wouldn't assume anything of the big white bed. I would if that were the last thing it showed before the next morning.

Guest rainbow9

I don't know if there's any doubt as to how it will end. It's like Pride and Prejudice: Elizabeth Bennet marries Mr. Darcy. We all know the ending, but how the screenwriters take us there is why we're all watching!!

I really enjoyed Ep 22, but I have two things to say - a question...and a beef.

Question: So JK lays out this private little paradise for JP and JD. Great. Flowers, telescope, romance, dining, dancing, etc. An opportunity to reconnect. Basically, it's the honeymoon SHE's never gonna have with JP.

My question *blush* is as follows. There's a big white bed in that little paradise that JK engineers for JP and JD. A big white bed with rose petals all over it....are we to imagine that JP and JD reconnect in more ways than the camera shows us??!?

Am I just being dirty-minded? I'm wondering why we're shown the bed, with JD smiling prettily at it....and clearly those two ARE there overnight, unless there's something going on. hmmmm?

My beef is with JP's mom. Earth to writers! She could have been such an interesting character, but instead, they made her a one-dimensional "bad-guy" character. If she were shown to have some motherly feelings, then it might be a hard choice for JP - who to choose...JD or his mom and the Shinhwa empire? But it's not even a choice! I watch and I just want to kill the old hag, or lock her up in a closet somewhere. Who would be loyal to such a witch?!?!?!? I keep waiting for some shred of humanity to appear. Nothing!

still...lovin' the show :D

Ya know, I think something did actually happen. The next morning, JP and JD were all smiling and lovey dovey. Their eyes didn't meet that much the night before but they sure did the next day. Hmmmmm??

Guest F4fan

Well, we have to look at the morning-after pictures. JD and JP sure look extremely happy, giggly, and a little shy with each other or at least on JD's end. Its like they shared something secretive and private.

:blink::wub:

jihoo and jandi are growing on me :(

i like her with junpyo and all

but jihoo is so perfect wahh wahh

the haircut scene totally murdered me

<3

on the other note: i know you guys posted 50 links to DL the second OST. but this thread grows super fast! and i couldnt find it on the first page. help? :) PM me !