[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Annyeong chingus

Whew! Finally finished reading all pages this morning. When I finished reading the page yesterday, it was at pg967. This morning the thread has grown to 978.

Just wanna check whether anyone of you wonderful chingus has Kim Hyun Joong's solo accoustic song of "Because I am Foolish"? Please share if you have. Kamsahamnida!!!

Aleka

Guest etoile

Well that was obvious O.O

I'm confused as to why she felt she had to confirm that :blink:

because koreans/drama fans make big deals out of nothing even though its obvious. people who actually thinking jandi and jihoo will get together? are delusional.

anyways there was some article saying that itll end up unlike any other HYD? the only thing i can think of is it ending as a dream. lol. or no one gets together concretely and its just hinted at.

despite of my frustration over my fave couple JD and JP's relationship development, I still look forward on watching BOF..it's so cruel for the PD to torture me like this. I need to see moments that indicates that their relationship is strong..please PD, make my next week a happy one!

Guest squeaky

LMAO hahahah it does seem YiJung only sleeps in his workshop XD Like when Gaeul was dropping him off at his house, I thought it'd be at his bedroom...but it was at his workshop...on the bench XD

Guest ml_87

like some people have mentioned..a relationship with JH can be pretty boring. But dont you guys think that a relationship with JP would be very tiring?

I dunno...If I were to meet someone like JP, I think I would rip my hair off. lol. Yeah, sure he may love me but he would definitely drive me crazy to the point of insanity.

So here's what I think...Jandi should not end up with any of them.

Maybe she should just focus on Medical School and all.

yes it's tiring. but, i girl like JD, with her strong characteristics, JH is suitable to be a best friend and JP is a lover . :rolleyes: furthermore, the time she has with JP is not always tiring, it has sweet and romantic moments, too. a love just confronts a lot of trouble (although the Korean PD makes it even harder) will exist 4ever :rolleyes:

btw,

i remember in the manga, there's a scene that JD holds JH's hand all night. she later realize that she never can do the same thing with JP, whom she loves

From what I've read so far, seems like JoonDi fans are pretty miffed about the article. But you guys let's not forget that this IS a KDRAMA after all.

Even though it's based of off a popular manga, the PD has every right to end it they way he/she sees fit. Remember, once a Kdrama ALWAYS a Kdrama. Right now, it's following the same story line, but the ending could be different. With four episodes left, it's anything goes from here on out. So while you say it's not possible, never rule out that it may be how the show ends.

Guest Banana Peel

haha, the question is: Where is Woo Bin's house?? :mellow:

LOL. Wow, never thought about that!

They should give him an awesome high tech house.

With ..everything Woobinish! :sweatingbullets:

Guest Daiquiri

If these are the actual scenes then I will faint from happiness. Seriously I'd forget all about Jae Kyung. What's sad though is I

actually like her, it's just sad because she's so in love with JunPyo. She can still be friends with them both right? The

only thing I don't like about her is how she keeps interrupting the JD/JP thing. But that's her character, so it's not her fault.

Ugh, it's much easier to just hate on a character like Junpyo's witch mom then to have this love/hate thing going on for

Jae Kyung. <_< BUT ANYWAY, if these are the scenes...i'll live happily. especially if JP really does touch her face/lips. awww~ <3

I've always wondered if Jae-kyung was in love with Jun-pyo or in love with the idea of him. By that I mean while the two are similar in personality, there are still things JK doesn't know about JP. At least not on the same level as Jan-di. JK only sees one side of him and not the other dimension of his personality, such as when he is with Jan-di or her family. He's more subdued and content then. I think what JK likes (a lot) about JP is that he is good-looking, rich, tall, etc. All external attributes. The fact that she's never had a bf before probably appeals to her even more. She believes that JP could will be her first love (in her mind that is). So I can't really say she loves him more so than she loves the idea of what JP could be to her. They haven't established that kind of intimacy just yet. I'm sure under different circumstances it could have worked out but because JD came err high-kicked into JP's life and he fell for her first.

I don't get why people are worried JD will not end up with JP. Sure it was a while ago since their last date but it's obvious JP still cares and misses JD very much so. How can we forget all those crying scenes, jealousy scenes, or even where he is sleeping with the pink kitty doll. Isn't that proof enough? Just like Ji-hoo, he is also very attentive to Jan-di. I won't dish out all the examples but you can always rewind previous episodes to see that. Hopefully the remaining episodes will begin to develop the Joondi couple and re-establish their broken connection. As long as it's not in the very last two episodes...

etoile: I'm loving that icon. Ferosh indeed.

Guest loser

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone knows the names of the little boys

who play the young F4?

-

btw I'm totally in love with this drama.

hmm..i think pple should be more open-minded. I, for one, dont mind how the story would end even if its different than the original ending.

Yes, it's an adaptation. However, we have to keep in mind that this a KDrama...it's not the manga itself. Changes can be made.

An adaptation can mean that it's a source of inspiration. So it does not mean that since it's an adaptation, you have to follow strictly all plots and storyline.

Infact, I think that the drama is different than the manga to begin with. The characters are somewhat miles apart different than the original characters.

Just like how other remakes can have changes. Sometimes change is good and sometimes change is bad and for this one, we'll just have to wait and see.

We all have to loosen up abit and dont be too uptight about it.

Anything can happen in dramas based on what the producers want...so yeah.

Besides, there are like tons of JoonDi fans out there and I doubt that the producers would want to enraged the fans. It would be like digging their own graves.

So I think that we should all just calm down. Sit back, relax and just enjoy the show.

Sorry if i'm being too cool about this.

Maybe because I have always been calm my whole life. lol

So here's what I'm hoping (though i dont expect too much)

- Jandi & Junpyo sweet moments.

- Jandi & Junpyo end up together again.

- Yijung realizing that GaEul is his soulmate.

- JiHoo being happy with his grandfather without his grandfather dying.

- WooBin getting an exciting storyline of his own.

Guest eternitygoddess

I totally disagree.

BASED on a drama, which means you're using the story as a foundation of inspiration, a springboard which you leap off of. It doesn't mean you have to follow everything faithfully. The Gossip Girl series was based on the books, but has gone its own way and veered off from the books.

All I want is for BOF is to a coherent story. I don't care who Jandi ends up with or who Junpyo ends up with, I just want a coherent storyline that makes sense and doesn't need me to fanwank so I can get it.

Guest coolbeauty1610

Does anyone know when Episode 20 will come out?

Thanks! (:

BOF airs every Mondays and TUesday...10pm korean time...

cant wait to watch it...epi 20 seems very exciting with a lot of JoonDi momentsssssssssss...

Guest ml_87

oh, guys why u have to argue about the ending^^ it's must be JoonDi. Most Korea fans love this couple, of course, BOF's PD cant make the ending opposite to fans' wish. furthermore, LMJ (JK) has confirmed the happy ending of JP-JD. no need to worry^^

btw,

i've read the script of episode 20-21. dont know that it's reliable or not, but i guess many will feel disappointed about it :(

copy from KST (ths daisynobita)

source: KPCulture

Episode 20 and 21 spoilers, according to the supposed script going around on the Internet:

Jan Di has nowhere to go, and drags her luggage throughout the city.

Jun Hee holds back tears as she gazes on an old photo and has a flashback to an argument she had with her mother.

Jun Hee calls Jan Di just as Jan Di faints from dizziness and exhaustion.

Jun Hee convinces Jan Di to stay at the Gu mansion. Jan Di agrees on the condition that she works for it.

Jun Hee introduces Jan Di to the staff just as the head servant, an old lady who has been with the family for decades, appears.

The head servant is gruff with Jan Di, giving her strict lessons on household chores.

Jun Pyo and Jan Di have power struggles as she begins her work as his personal maid - sometimes he wins, sometimes she wins.

Ga Eul overhears Yi Jeong’s reunion with Eun Jae and realizes who his first love is.

Ga Eul lies to Jae Gyeong on Jan Di’s behalf, saying that Jan Di is staying at her house.

Jan Di [literally] moves Ji Hu’s grandfather back into his old room at Ji Hu’s house. Ji Hu and his grandfather bond through omurice and [a lack of] green beans. Jan Di works hard to help the two Yoon men patch things up.

Jun Pyo convinces Jan Di to watch a movie with him, but things get complicated when Jae Gyeong arrives unexpectedly.

Ga Eul bluntly gives Yi Jeong a piece of her mind [and a piece of a puzzle].

Jae Gyeong and Jun Pyo’s mom catch him and Jan Di in a compromising position.

The head servant tells Chairwoman Kang who the real boss is.

The head servant explains to Jan Di why she stuck up for her.

Jae Gyeong kindly but firmly tells Jan Di that she will not give Jun Pyo up.

Jae Gyeong makes two requests of Chairwoman Kang - one is to let Jan Di stay at the house and the second is to let Jae Gyeong move in as well.

Ga Eul asks Eun Jae how things ended with her first love (before she left him).

Yi Jeong secretly follows Eun Jae and discovers that he is very familiar with her boyfriend.

Yi Jeong calls his brother Il Hyun, who invites Yi Jeong to come to the cafe to see the person who is making him so happy.

Jun Pyo is informed that Jae Gyeong will stay with them until the wedding - which has been moved up earlier than planned. Invitations are being sent out.

Jae Gyeong tries on her [vintage] wedding dress in front of Jan Di. She insists that Jan Di has to be her maid-of-honour (bridemaid).

Jun Pyo and Jae Gyeong dress up as royalty to film a new Shin-hwa commercial.

Ji Hu and his grandfather go fishing together. His grandfather gives Ji Hu a family heirloom.

With Ji Hu’s grandfather’s scheming, Jan Di and Ji Hu end up dressed as a bride and groom. A photo is snapped of her kissing him on the cheek.

i think the moral of this drama is, "you don't end up with your soulmate."

the way they're portraying the jp-jk relationship right now, it seems like they're very similar (they have the same experiences, emotions, preferences, etc). but we know they won't end up together.

neither will jh and jd (the explicit soulmates).

yj thinks ej's his soulmate (i.e., once in a lifetime love) but she leaves him later.

ge thinks yj's her soulmate (hence the ardent chasing) but i think they'll get an open ending at best. (the soompi soeulmates)

or maybe wb is yj's soulmate haha. but kdrama's not ready for that so they won't work out either.

how sad.

I've always wondered if Jae-kyung was in love with Jun-pyo or in love with the idea of him. By that I mean while the two are similar in personality, there are still things JK doesn't know about JP. At least not on the same level as Jan-di. JK only sees one side of him and not the other dimension of his personality, such as when he is with Jan-di or her family. He's more subdued and content then. I think what JK likes (a lot) about JP is that he is good-looking, rich, tall, etc. All external attributes. The fact that she's never had a bf before probably appeals to her even more. She believes that JP could will be her first love (in her mind that is). So I can't really say she loves him more so than she loves the idea of what JP could be to her. They haven't established that kind of intimacy just yet. I'm sure under different circumstances it could have worked out but because JD came err high-kicked into JP's life and he fell for her first.

I don't get why people are worried JD will not end up with JP. Sure it was a while ago since their last date but it's obvious JP still cares and misses JD very much so. How can we forget all those crying scenes, jealousy scenes, or even where he is sleeping with the pink kitty doll. Isn't that proof enough? Just like Ji-hoo, he is also very attentive to Jan-di. I won't dish out all the examples but you can always rewind previous episodes to see that. Hopefully the remaining episodes will begin to develop the Joondi couple and re-establish their broken connection. As long as it's not in the very last two episodes...

etoile: I'm loving that icon. Ferosh indeed.

I think that both JK and Jandi understand JP as much as they can. But both of them have something that they dont really know about him

JK fall for JP not only because he is handsome, rich and tall. Dont get her wrong. She is depply impressed by his behaviour in Macau: childish, funny. Later on, she feels that he is so emotional, stubborn and finally she really loves him when JP said "give up" is the word he never knew. The love JK give to JP did not stem from understanding at the beginning, but we can not say she does not understand him.

However, JK did not have a chance to know about JP's other sides : sweet, caring, ignorance ...which Jandi knew so well

I really think that if JP meet JK before Jandi, he would fall for her.

Guest lilnahnah

because koreans/drama fans make big deals out of nothing even though its obvious. people who actually thinking jandi and jihoo will get together? are delusional.

anyways there was some article saying that itll end up unlike any other HYD? the only thing i can think of is it ending as a dream. lol. or no one gets together concretely and its just hinted at.

I agree -.-; lol

If it ends as a dream I'd be pissed -.-;; I hate movies/dramas/books (any kind of story in general) that ends like that cuz it feels like I invested my time for nothing lol

And if nobody gets together and it's only hinted at? At this point would also make me feel like I was ripped off haha

But really, we're not gonna know anything till the end so might as well just keep waiting since we're almot at the end anyway

Guest samgirl

i wonder when will the breaking up scene in the rain air? after they send off JK to whatever planet she's from? because JP/JD has to make up first before mama kang can break them up again right? and scenes from jeju are supposed to air on Mon and Tuesday this coming week.

Guest QuynhTrang

oh, guys why u have to argue about the ending^^ it's must be JoonDi. Most Korea fans love this couple, of course, BOF's PD cant make the ending opposite to fans' wish. furthermore, LMJ (JK) has confirmed the happy ending of JP-JD. no need to worry^^

btw,

i've read the script of episode 20-21. dont know that it's reliable or not, but i guess many will feel disappointed about it :(

copy from KST (ths daisynobita)

source: KPCulture

Episode 20 and 21 spoilers, according to the supposed script going around on the Internet:

OMG!!! that monkey need to go somewhere...rawrs.. leave jandi and jun pyo alone

i thought they can finally get close to each other but that monkey need to show up whenever they are together..

This thing dragging too dammm longg.... im so disappointed! ):

btw,

I loved this twist and turn story and at the end of it, it surprises us. But strangely, after reading your spoiler i don't feel disappointed at all. BOF pd and scriptwriter are totally amazing at ploting their storyline.. many people might think this is absurd but i feel that korean style of BOF are totally out of the box. i totally loved this show and i don't care whoever ended up with who or jandi rejected both (JH & JP) as i will end up emotional plucking my hair jumping up and down. Well this is just a drama and it always entertain me especially on monday. BOF fighting!!! kudos to all the contributors and translators for this drama on BOF. Bottom line: I'm still on jundi ship sailing to paradise...

what m1_87 is just a speculation, it might or might not happen. BOF pd knew that the script has been leaked out therefore he might made some changes to it again.