[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

I know that JD considered JH her first love, but I thought when JK asked Jandi about someone that she loved...the answer she gave referred to JP and not JH. The answer she gave JK was bittersweet...I thought she was thinking about JP and not JH. I need to watch episode 16 again.

Really?

I think she refered JH in this scene?

Anyone can make clear for us?

OMG, dont kill me one more time. Jandi can not swim anymore? And JP will save her? Where are they? I remembered that the pool-scene will happen when the four: JP-JK, JD -JH go to the hotsrping and the saver must be JH not JP.

The PD flirts with us again?

Guest betchay

First.. Yoona was wearing the same necklace.

This time.. it looks like she was the one who bought the Bella dress from the auction in ep 3. :lol:

bella.jpg

Guest Debbie1633

WOW.

Thanks for posting the pictures ^^

First, it was JD rescuing JD, and now it's the other way around. Does that mean he finally found the courage to swim?! :D Maybe only Jandi could motivate him to rescue her...I wonder what ep this is >< And that pool looks so shallow.

JK may resemble JD...But I think if JP starts liking JK a little, he'll realize that JK can never be JD because JD is...JD. XD I'll stop speculating for now XD

I know I read somewhere that Lee Min Ho doesn't know how to swim (I believe his mom said in one of the articles) so if they have to film a rescue scene, the producers HAVE to find a shallow pool... right? haha

I can't wait to see this!!

Guest dreampryncezz

WOW! Those pictures!!! OMG OMG OMG. This drama is AMAZING!!!!

Ok...so two speculation about what's going on in this scene:

1. JP throws necklace in pool. Jandi jumps after it. Can't swim, JP rescues her. (like the manga, with a twist in that it's JP and now some random guy)

2. It's during that get-away trip at the spa with the four of them. JP rescues her instead of JH.

I rather it be the first one b/c I don't want the four of them to go on any trip. That's too painful for all parties involved.

But the fact that he already is half naked means that it was probably something else. He was already prepared to swim.

I want more half-naked JP scenes. hehehe

Have these been posted?

Another netizens' leak of pictures again

Looks like there will be a scene where JP will save JD from drowning in the pool?

http://i43.tinypic.com/fu05eb.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/o5ywxg.jpg

credit: DC Minho

Sorry, I laughed when I saw these pics. They'll really find any excuse to show LMH shirtless, huh? So this is like his 5th shirtless scene? I wonder how many more we should expect... hmm.

I know that JD considered JH her first love, but I thought when JK asked Jandi about someone that she loved...the answer she gave referred to JP and not JH. The answer she gave JK was bittersweet...I thought she was thinking about JP and not JH. I need to watch episode 16 again.

I thought exactly you did. I've always thought JH was not really JD's first love (he was merely a crush) and she really experienced the meaning of being in love through JP. The way she sounded so bittersweet while describing her first love solidified for me that even JD finally realized that JP was indeed her first love.

Guest dunlop09

Oh man...if that was JK that JP saves....that would not be good. It's anything but THIS! For JP to overcome one of his biggest obstacles for JK and not JD... that would be a really good way to stress the threat of JK/JP relationship. If they did that... they would be taking this to a whole new level. The ending was like set in stone. No one really questioned that JD and JP would not end up together. But if this is indeed what they did, they will make fans question the relationships again. Wow...a part of me wants this to happen(so that it could be another way the Korean version has differed, and they would have accomplished something no other version has), but then of course I want JP to overcome his fears only for JD...

WOW! Those pictures!!! OMG OMG OMG. This drama is AMAZING!!!!

Ok...so two speculation about what's going on in this scene:

1. JP throws necklace in pool. Jandi jumps after it. Can't swim, JP rescues her. (like the manga, with a twist in that it's JP and now some random guy)

2. It's during that get-away trip with the four of them. JP rescues her instead of JH.

I rather it be the first one b/c I don't want the four of them to go on any trip. That's too painful for all parties involved.

LOL, i know #1 was supposed to be a moment that shows how much the necklace means to JD. But the thought of her just jumping into the pool after it is too funny... but i think it's a valid assumption. Maybe she doesn't jump after the necklace though. If JD is the one in the picture, and that is in fact a pool for swimming in. I would have thought that JD went in there because she didn't want JP to know she can't swim(because she just told him that she quit) and the her shoulder injury won't allow her to swim, and then JP comes to rescue her and find out about her shoulder at the same time.

Oh man...if that was JK that JP saves....that would not be good. It's anything but THIS! For JP to overcome one of his biggest obstacles for JK and not JD... that would be a really good way to stress the threat of JK/JP relationship. If they did that... they would be taking this to a whole new level. The ending was like set in stone. No one really questioned that JD and JP would not end up together. But if this is indeed what they did, they will make fans question the relationships again. Wow...a part of me wants this to happen(so that it could be another way the Korean version has differed, and they would have accomplished something no other version has), but then of course I want JP to overcome his fears only for JD...

Dont make me crazy :angry:

How come it could be JK.

JP swim for JK. No no no absolutely not. It would be too much for Jandi..

i thought about that...

but i think the whole scholarship idea is SO flawed and a lame idea... -___-

they should have just stuck with the original plot...because that way people wouldn't be laughing at Jandi when she says she wants to be a doctor because in the original plot, makino had gotten into the school academically, meaning she was smart from the beginning. Also, because her parents are paying for such an expensive school, it tied the family closer to each other and the matter of money becomes more important. It would have made a lot of things make more sense....

and its not like the public remembers jandi as wonder woman anymore.

her five minutes of fame have come and gone.

So the premise of her getting into Shinhwa is weak. Whatever, she is in Shinhwa now. Why is it so ridiculous and unbelievable about her wanting to become a doctor?

Think about this: Barack Obama. Came from a poor to middle class family with no father. Got a scholarship to go to an exclusive high school in Hawaii. Sounded like he was an average student there. Went to Occidental then Columbia and then Harvard Law School -- became more serious and studied and work hard. Now, President of the United States of America.

How is it then that its impossible for JD to become a doctor? I laid out several pages ago about how it is believable for her to do this. In the last few episode, she has talked about studying and about her future. Now that she can't achieve her dream of being an Olympic swimmer, she has channeled all her energy of becoming a doctor. She bought books to help her accomplish her goal. Instead of working another PT job, she volunteers at the clinic. She has one of the best mentors who can give the highest of recommendation for college and medical school --- JH's Grandfather, former President of Korea.

Its on my to read list but Outliers by Malcom Gladwell writes about spending 10000 hours at your skill to become great at it. And along the way, meeting the right people who can mentor you and guide you at different points in life to help you succeed.

For me, this is what's happening to JD and that is why I can believe that she can become a doctor.

Guest lilnahnah

Sorry, I laughed when I saw these pics. They'll really find any excuse to show LMH shirtless, huh? So this is like his 5th shirtless scene? I wonder how many more we should expect... hmm.

lol well I guess they just know what the fangirls want to see?

Not that I'm complaining -///-

Guest dreampryncezz

How is it then that its impossible for JD to become a doctor? I laid out several pages ago about how it is believable for her to do this. In the last few episode, she has talked about studying and about her future. Now that she can't achieve her dream of being an Olympic swimmer, she has channeled all her energy of becoming a doctor. She bought books to help her accomplish her goal. Instead of working another PT job, she volunteers at the clinic. She has one of the best mentors who can give the highest of recommendation for college and medical school --- JH's Grandfather, former President of Korea.

For me, this is what's happening to JD and that is why I can believe that she can become a doctor.

Yeah, totally. Plus, I don't think it's supposedly THAT hard to become a doctor. It's hard to become a good doctor, but you don't have to be a genius to get into medical school and then graduate. You just have to have dedication....which is definitely what JD has.

Really?

I think she refered JH in this scene?

Anyone can make clear for us?

OMG, dont kill me one more time. Jandi can not swim anymore? And JP will save her? Where are they? I remembered that the pool-scene will happen when the four: JP-JK, JD -JH go to the hotsrping and the saver must be JH not JP.

The PD flirts with us again?

I'm supposed to be doing some office work at home, but can't stay away from this thread. Anyway, JD seemed to definitely be referring to JP and not JD. When JK was talking about the feeling she got from JP, JD was also remembering how she felt with JP. The dull part did not have to do with JH being dull, but more to JP's ability to calm her. She doesn't see JH as dull and actually enjoys spending time with him as a friend.

I don't think that JD calls on JH to solve her problems or overly rely on him. JD always ties to handle her problems on her own especially her JP problems. Each major problem she has had because of JP or his mother, it has been JP who sends JH to rescue her. This is why JP was so frustrated at having to send JH again to comfort her, especially knowing that JH is in love with her.

I hope JP does rescue JD. If he does, it will be because she caught a cramp, not because she can't swim any more. Remember in New Caledonia when she caught the cramp and almost drowned. He told her to never swim alone again. Maybe this was the PD's prelude to JP saving her in the pool. He couldn't do it in New Caledonia, but because he loves her so much he conquers his fear to save her sort of like JH conquering his fear of driving. OMG, I would die if he saved JK instead!

I thought exactly you did. I've always thought JH was not really JD's first love (he was merely a crush) and she really experienced the meaning of being in love through JP. The way she sounded so bittersweet while describing her first love solidified for me that even JD finally realized that JP was indeed her first love.

Yep. Its the look in her eyes and the tone of her voice that tells you it is 100% JP she was talking about. No Doubt About It at All.

She had the same look and tone in her voice when she was describing JP at the store when JK asked for more information about JP.

Swimming -- I got the impression that she can't competitively swim anymore but recreationally she can because she doesn't have to exert herself. Her shoulder was okay for daily activities.

Guest Banana Peel

Are we sure its JD? I see hints of bangs but it might not be JD but JK.

In the TW, when they were at Shigeru's hot springs villa, Shancai faints in the pool but Rui rescues her. It could be the twist.

I would literally die if JP throws away his fear and rescues JD.

Oh NO!

I would be so so so sad and if JP was saving JK instead of JD! <_<

But seeing the bigger picture, I'm sure it's JD.

Yay! It makes more sense. Because JK can probably swim.

and hopefully, this is when JP will find out about JD's shoulder injury!

;)

Yay!

Guest dbart001

Poor JD, it's bad enough that Mrs. Kang looks down on her now some people on this thread are looking down on her just because she wanted to be a Doctor...Tsk..Tsk..Tsk... :wacko: .Geez, can't we just enjoy this kdrama and stop analyzing every little things...

beamonkr and F4fan,

I am a little confused. Because JK asked JD about her firts love.Right?

JP definetely is not her first, at least JD did not think like that.

Moreover, in the English subtitles, they use word "dull" . How can JD fell dull around JP? JP also is not a person can comfort or calm her like JH.

I undesrtand dull as something like empty or gloomy. JH is always so lonely, quiet, empty minded because of MSH and it makes Jandi feel the same when she was around him.

Regarding her eyes when saying that, I thought she recalls the time she was in love with JH. JH is peace and quiet like a stream and JP is hot, strong like Tsunami.

I am sure if she mentioned JP, she would smile.

Swimming -- I got the impression that she can't competitively swim anymore but recreationally she can because she doesn't have to exert herself. Her shoulder was okay for daily activities.

Sorry to cut your post... According to Korean netizens, JD faints into the pool from anemia, and JP saves her. So her almost drowning has nothing to do w/ her shoulder. Yes, I guess this is the twist from the manga because in the manga, Rui saves Makino.

beamonkr and F4fan,

Moreover, in the English subtitles, they use world "dull" . How can JD fell dull around JP? JP also is not a person can comfort or calm her like JH.

I undesrtand dull as something like empty or so so. JH is always so lonely, quiet, empty minded, and it makes Jandi feel the same when she was around him.

Regarding her eyes when saying that, I thought she recalls the time she was in love with JH. JH is peace and quiet like a stream and JP is hot, strong like Tsunami.

"Dull" is not the best translation. A more accurate translation is "numb" or possibly "stunned." Although you didn't address me, I'll try to explain on their behalf based on my earlier post. "I've always thought JH was not really JD's first love (he was merely a crush) and she really experienced the meaning of being in love through JP. The way she sounded so bittersweet while describing her first love solidified for me that even JD finally realized that JP was indeed her first love."

Guest dunlop09

beamonkr and F4fan,

Moreover, in the English subtitles, they use world "dull" . How can JD fell dull around JP? JP also is not a person can comfort or calm her like JH.

I undesrtand dull as something like empty or gloomy. JH is always so lonely, quiet, empty minded because of MSH and it makes Jandi feel the same when she was around him.

I am sure if she mentions JP, she will smile.

I think that part was a hard one to translate. The word they used was like dull in a numbing sort of way. Like when she sees that person, everything seems to go numb and she feels nothing else but him...something like that. It was meant to be a compliment, but when translated into english it doesn't really sound like one, lol.