The O F F I C I A L "what To Wear With This" Thread

Guest classic x

Guest witchery

@bluenettethat's an amazing dress! I'm in love with the bottle green colour and design. I would prefer it without those boots though, maybe some heeled ankle booties? I just think the dress is too delicate for those boots. And I don't think the red lips with the green dress is too Christmassy at all, maybe it would be if the dress had some red in it as well or something. But overall I think the pop of red only on the lips is too small compared with the dress to make you look like you have a whole Christmas theme going on. If you're still worried I think a dark burgundy red shade of lipstick would look great too :D

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest breathenirvana

clairewolterink said: OK, i really need some help. I bought this pencil skirt months and months ago, and I have yet to wear it, as I have no idea what to wear it with. I love the bold print, but every time I put it on, I can't pick a top to go with it, and I end up thinking I look ridiculous and throwing it to the back of the wardrobe. Any help is welcome! 
http://www.asos.com/Warehouse/Warehouse-Scarf-Print-Pencil-Skirt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2278565
p.s. I am not a stick insect, I have some curves

• 1 month later...
Guest kathyceeiscool

tumblr_mibtwqneh91qd59q6o1_500.jpgOkay guys, I need your help. Belt or no belt? I think the belt makes it look better in terms of the shape of the shirt but the studs on the belt are a different color so it bugs me :(. And what kinda shoes would go with this outfit? Also please excuse my awkward poses LOL.

Guest hearthealer

clairewolterink said: OK, i really need some help. I bought this pencil skirt months and months ago, and I have yet to wear it, as I have no idea what to wear it with. I love the bold print, but every time I put it on, I can't pick a top to go with it, and I end up thinking I look ridiculous and throwing it to the back of the wardrobe. Any help is welcome! 
http://www.asos.com/Warehouse/Warehouse-Scarf-Print-Pencil-Skirt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2278565
p.s. I am not a stick insect, I have some curves

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys
I just got this Lisa Ho dress online for my year 12 formal and I have no idea how to accessorize it...
I was thinking of just wearing earrings and not wear a necklace? Lol please help :(Any suggestions on how to do my hair and makeup as well would be awesome!! Thanks
From the side/frontimg2649bi.jpgimg2653jn.jpg

Guest hearthealer

@Annalala
TBH, I wouldn't accessorize beyond a killer clutch in either a bright coral color or a matching silver, some nude heels and delicate teardrop earrings...go for the simple, classy, timeless, understated look :)
Here, some oscar looks showing what i meanKeisha%20Whitaker%20Oscars%202008.jpgkate-hudson-oscars-de-63644043.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest cherish_love

anyone know what i can wear with cabled sweaters? i have so many of them but don't know what to match them up with >< basically i have a blue, grey, yellow, mint and navy, any ideas anyone? rofl

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xxlilshortyxx17

I just bought these pink booties, any suggestions on what I can wear with these??
890a9c2c-7167-4e13-b583-e84d2d14914c.jpg

Guest UnicornGummi

@xxlilshortyxx17 I think it would look cute with some skinny jeans and a light sheer top (preferably black or white, no patterns) and a tank underneath. Keep it simple since the shoes are already extremely bright and eye catching. 

Guest mindy1430275619

These booties are really cute - ClickBut I don't know what to wear with them because of the studs.. Would a white loose top and denim vest work well?  

Guest UnicornGummi

mindy said: These booties are really cute - ClickBut I don't know what to wear with them because of the studs.. Would a white loose top and denim vest work well?  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a banquet to attend. I have this dress in my closet and I was thinking of wearing it instead of buying a new one. I was wondering if the puffy sleeves aren't ridiculous lol? If they're fine, I'd like to know what shoes/accessories to wear with it of course and what hair might look good. :)
2yl458i.jpg
(It's actually blue green, the picture is just kinda bad.)

Guest zer0mg

@sheepstep
The dress looks fine, albeit on the casual side. For shoes, I would go with classic black pumps. For accessories, I picture gold accents like a chunky gold bracelet, chandelier earrings, and/or a layered necklace. Finally, for hairstyles, I think a half up/half down hairstyle with curls would look good.

Guest hearthealer

zer0mg said: @sheepstep
The dress looks fine, albeit on the casual side. For shoes, I would go with classic black pumps. For accessories, I picture gold accents like a chunky gold bracelet, chandelier earrings, and/or a layered necklace. Finally, for hairstyles, I think a half up/half down hairstyle with curls would look good.

Hello, This is my first hi lo skirt and I been having a hard time trying to find a blouse to wear it with. 20130529_230446.jpg

I guess since I have always seen hi lo skirt work with sleeveless blouses and I don't like wearing sleeveless blouses. :/ What can I wear with? I really like this skirt so please help me. Thanks in advance. :)

Guest Mindlesschatter0

So i just bought this dress and I don't know what kind of shoes and jacket to wear with it .
Its a Betsey Johnson vintage blue velvet mini dress. Any suggestions?

Archived