Dir en Grey

Guest boatswain

Guest cyberfruit

eh...

i'm not really into asian rock (or any asian music)...

or any rock bands that formed mid-late 90's

but anyone wanna recommend me what they'd consider to be dir en gray's BEST song?

i'll check it out.

Aoi Tsuki is their best song in my opinion followed by the remix of Akuro no Oka (It's off of Kai, anyone remember the actual remix name?).

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Paroxysmal

I like Kodou, Bottom of Death Valley, Cage, Mushi, Yokan, RED...[em], [KR] Cube, Ain't afraid to die ... okay I'll stop now. >___<; Basically, I like most of their songs, if not all. Though I rather disliked Clever Sleazoid - at first it was okay, but when I read the lyrics... yeah... But oh well.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

Dir en Grey is really good. Not my favourite band, but they're incredibly talented, and their old stuff is amazing.

I don't like their new scream-o stuff either. Kyo had such a nice voice. Now he's been smoking for so long and screaming more. Just kind of ruined it for me. o_o;

Guest toshiyanemura

Yeah, that's true, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a great song.

Oh, and that planned concert with Korn; it's finalized. :( They've already got the location and it's going to be this summer.

Guest Malice_Kaiser

Yeah, that's true, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a great song.

Oh, and that planned concert with Korn; it's finalized. :( They've already got the location and it's going to be this summer.

Are you serious? :blink: Where and when?

I don't really want Diru to become mainstream in the US. I don't want most J-rockers to become mainstream here. But all this touring with Korn, plans of selling their stuff at Hot Topic... I dunno how to describe it, but I don't like it. It's like I'm selfish and wanna keep my fandoms at a fairly unknown level (around here at least) y'know? Anyone understand what I'm saying? :vicx:

Guest toshiyanemura

:) Yeah, I totally understand what you are saying. :D It's like, I've found Dir en Grey on my own and I appriciate them because they're great, not because everyone else around you is listening to them. I don't mind sharing songs with friends and I love showing off (like wearing their T-shirt or purposly doing a project that I can play their song in the background) but them being mainstream is... eh.

My biggest fear is everyone getting the wrong idea about them. They're not METAL, they're VISUAL KEI!!! :tongue2:

Yeah, maybe I'm getting too into this. :P

Guest direnwe

My biggest fear is everyone getting the wrong idea about them. They're not METAL, they're VISUAL KEI!!!

Yeah, maybe I'm getting too into this.

they're not really Visual Kei anymore.. which i like more.. I like their change. I love their old stuff as well, but I think Dir gets better all the time, as time goes you know... well i like Kisou and vulgar more than WTD.. but I like WTD more than Missa or Macabre, or Gauze.. so.. I could say i am into this screamy era or whatever some call it :D

And someone was speaking about Australian fans of Dir.. I've heard of many australian fans :D

I am not sure if Dir will turn out into something crappy now that it has been in the US and coming to europe again.. I hope it wont affect their personal style of music and so forth.. that's what I'm afraid of...

that they'll become some crappy band, and try to impress western ppl :/

Guest cyberfruit

What is the difference between metal and visual kei?

A big difference. Visual Kei isn't really a music genre, it's more of a look because VK has no particular sound. Dir en grey used to have Toshiya and Shinya dress like girls due to their feminine feautres and everyone else dressed in lace, pvc, leather, etc. They wore long, colorful extensions and lots of make-up and that's the genre that they were put under. Now that they have stopped dressing up in the VK style and their music took more of a western turn, they are under the genre of metal, which is true for their style of music. They're always done hard rock with some soft songs but, at that time (late 1997-2000/2001) VK was a huge genre and many indies and major bands were in it.

VK bands now are...Gazette, Antique Cafe, Phantasmagoria, BLOOD, Alice Nine..

Guest toshiyanemura

I was sort of wondering... what kind of person are you?

I'm sort of a Guaze person. I start out my morning in a 'Cage' mood and end it with a 'Hakushi no Sakura'. In the middle I'm in 'Yurimeki' mode.

How 'bout you guys?

Guest Dachink

I was sort of wondering... what kind of person are you?

I'm sort of a Guaze person. I start out my morning in a 'Cage' mood and end it with a 'Hakushi no Sakura'. In the middle I'm in 'Yurimeki' mode.

How 'bout you guys?

what? :blink:

Guest blackhabit

if they go to concert with koRn imma shoot myself. lmfaos

i'd be siked that they're touring and gaining more fame.. but koRn?!

rawrrr DEG's new image is fcukable

- edit

just read post above..

T_T *takes gun out and pulls trigger*

Guest direnwe

I'm gonna see them live.. i agree, if they go with korn... well, then they will dissapoint me a bit to be honest... like tour with korn and become like.. some idiotic metal band... *shrug*

i miss kisou times.. O__o

Archived