Purikura In Nyc And Other Things

Guest Kyourin

Guest Kyourin

Well yeah I now live in New york and one thing I miss about my Japan life is Purikura and I don't even know if it one in NYC.

I use to go to Chinatown in the mall but It now gone T_T so sad. Does anyone know where one could be or how to get one? yeah i will but one^_^ that how much i miss it.

Also anyone attend Lower East Side Preparatory High School, I know it a Chinese school, I thought I met transfer since I'm school now seems to have a BIG issue with Asian bing mixed and Asian period, all of the school African American and Latino, only two Asian attend it me and me friend Charles We were planing on going to that school.

Also sorry for talking to much, anyone would like to recommend a High school to me. ^_^

Guest nobody knows

dunno about high schools, but there's a purikura place in Elizabeth Center (I think it's either 6th or 7th Avenue)

but it's a bit expensive :/

Guest mars*

The only one I know in Chinatown is the one in EC, but it's not 6th or 7th avenue lol. It's on Elizabeth and Canal St. The place is okay. There are some high schools in the LES like Seward Park HS, University Neighborhood, Murry Bergtraum, Pace University HS... :)

Guest precious4e

Yea I only know of the purikura in Elizabeth Center but it's expensive.

There used to be more but they closed down. Flushing might have some.

But in 34th street Manhattan mall there is a photobooth machine that takes those pics that come in a strip. I think those are so much more fun and comes out nicer. It's $3. I hope they still have the machine there. I love taking those pics.

Comes out like this (we took two sets cuz we weren't prepared for the first one hahhaha):

th_34thPics.jpg

and for High Schools, I would say try to take the test for Stuyvesant lol. You might have to take a test to get in and it's for the "smart" people so you would need good grades. But I feel that that's one of the more decent schools in the city.

Guest classic x

Yea I only know of the purikura in Elizabeth Center but it's expensive.

There used to be more but they closed down. Flushing might have some.

But in 34th street Manhattan mall there is a photobooth machine that takes those pics that come in a strip. I think those are so much more fun and comes out nicer. It's $3. I hope they still have the machine there. I love taking those pics.

Comes out like this (we took two sets cuz we weren't prepared for the first one hahhaha):

[img th_34thPics.jpg[/url

and for High Schools, I would say try to take the test for Stuyvesant lol. You might have to take a test to get in and it's for the "smart" people so you would need good grades. But I feel that that's one of the more decent schools in the city.

HAHA

that machine is freaking ancient

and bootleg but it takes nice pics -_-;

it like got busted away a few months ago...

i miss it too T>T;

Guest precious4e

^ omg no wayyyyy. it's gone?? that was my favorite photo booth. now I have no where to take pics....great.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shockingechos

i know theres one in flushing....its pretty old too though lol

i moved from Cali...ahhh i miss purikuraaaa too :(

Guest Jinu86

I know flushing has some.. well at least they used to ... I never taken a sticker picture before but I do remember seeing a few around flushing

• 2 months later...
Guest eatsleepfun

I saw one in a gift shop around 8th ave in 40 something 48-49 street .somewhere around there =D!

I never went there but I might go later

Guest WildSevenGirl

OMGILOVEPURIKURA!

Yeah, there's supposed to be one in Flushing.

It's called Toto's. You're supposed to go all the way left from the LIRR (train) station. It's sorta at the end of Main Street.

@_@ I'm sorry I can't explain any further.

Guest angelic_betrayal

^^It's next to Flushing Highschool. Its along all those lil shops and stuff with a ton of signs. You can't miss the big totos sign. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest superjenny

But Toto's is different from Purikura.

I personally like Purikara pictures better, even though I've never taken them,

they just like nicer 8)

Guest Daikirai

The ones at Elizabeth Center cost about 20-30 bucks a sheet :( Too expensive for me. Anyone know any cheap places around brooklyn or manhattan? (Chinatown, Union Square, Soho...)

Omigoshies.. that's so expensive.. @_@ I've been to EC so many times, and I haven't seen it.. rofl.

Flushing! Toto's!! Big orange sign. End of Main Street, passed Northern Blvd.

That's kute, but it's not the same as going and taking a picchur D:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm the same with everyone else I know the purikura in elizabeth center, which is way to expensive, and better as a group activity so everyone pays less.

And the one in flushing take the 7 to main street

As for the school matter, look around and see what else you can get into Stuyvesant sounds like a safe bet... that sucks people are giving you problems good luck

Archived