[THE OFFICIAL] Taeyang 태양 Thread

Guest shinhdeplol

Guest stardaisy212

sorry guys but i have to take the fancam of his performance down. it wasnt suppose to taken out of YBEFFECT. u can watch it there

viewimagehi6.jpg

Guest Patra86

BeBe is so cute! I love the Maryline Monroe one and of course the one with Boss...This dog is becoming as famous as them...just lol.

Guest salvador

from what i remember..Tae Yang had the #1 selling album for May (the month he debuted) with a little over 31,000 copies sold (just in the one month) and i believed he reached most of it within 10 days of the album being released. So judging from that, I think its safe to say over 50,000? Counting international orders, pre-orders and such. Now that I think of it, i also remember 54,000 pre-orders (i can't remember where I read that number) okay so if my addition is correct i'd say around 85,000?

I'm certain about the 31,000 but I can't be too sure about total pre-orders and all the albums sold after May.

Thanks so much for the info! i Appreciate it =] wooot our boy is doing so well ;)

Guest Mz-Descamento86

Quick question

does anyone know the backup dancers that Taeyang had during the dance battle against Seungri? Those guys were hot along with my future hubby YB lol

Guest iiiLOVEtheSUN

daisy thanks for the fancam...lol i watched it last night before it was taken down....SO CRAZY! i wished i could hear the piano more.

OMO! BEBE (cheezy name, but whatever) is so adorable. i love how of all the BANGS cartoons, Bebe is always so calm and smiley. lol.

thanks all!

ya you're right, but they were talking about the 'H' belt, which is Hermes.

the custom hat business was about the smiley face cap. lolll everyone has been wanting one since he wore it in the MV!

here's a super short clip of taeyang in the air, heh.

[short Fancam] 090131 Big Bang Big Show - TaeYang Piano Suspended in Air

Oh you guys are talking about the belt, LOL.

Guest Ethereal_Rapture

daisy thanks for the fancam...lol i watched it last night before it was taken down....SO CRAZY! i wished i could hear the piano more.

OMO! BEBE (cheezy name, but whatever) is so adorable. i love how of all the BANGS cartoons, Bebe is always so calm and smiley. lol.

thanks all!

AND JUST REALLY SMALL <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Guest nad_donad

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE BANGS!!!

YB's bangs are so so so so so so cute!!!

I love how they pictured him..

Looking at the bangs never failed to make me smile.....XD

Guest bb.chinks

awww hahah the [edit] bangs are soo cuteee!

i saw a soompier in the selling/trading forum that are selling these? or doing a survey for socks with these on them. sooooo cute <3 haha

gosh despite his amaazing bod and face and everything, i just wish he was a littttttle taller haha. cause yenno, if i ever do meet him, i would like to be shorter than him by a bit. ;) LOL

Guest sweetsorrow

ahhhh BANGS! are so cute!!!!

lol i just had to fangirl about this ~ lol i love the YB one in the crown and i love how Boss is in everything lolz

oohh i saw that fancam - it's posted again on youtube but I don't know if i should post it here since YBeffect strictly does not want it out....

I wish there were more fanpics~!

Guest stardaisy212

Quick question

does anyone know the backup dancers that Taeyang had during the dance battle against Seungri? Those guys were hot along with my future hubby YB lol

i no that one of them is jaewook and the others are probably on wawa and hitech. i cant really figure out the ppl sorry lol

hehe Kay i found more pics XD

12336779292009020401022tb7.jpg

12336779292009020401022yc2.jpg

12336779292009020401022yt2.jpg

12336779292009020401022ya9.jpg

12336779292009020401022rc4.jpg

12336779292009020401022yd3.jpg

some GDYB♥

12336779292009020401022kq7.jpg

12336779292009020401022vp3.jpg

Credits to 솔컴 @ DCYB

Guest Ethereal_Rapture

awww hahah the [edit] bangs are soo cuteee!

i saw a soompier in the selling/trading forum that are selling these? or doing a survey for socks with these on them. sooooo cute <3 haha

gosh despite his amaazing bod and face and everything, i just wish he was a littttttle taller haha. cause yenno, if i ever do meet him, i would like to be shorter than him by a bit. ;) LOL

He's almost 5'8". Waaay taller than me anyway. I'm around 5'1" =___________=;

Guest Karina_S

Congratulation with YB for reaching #15 on Mnet 100 Idols ^^

But, you still #1 in our hearts :wub:

By da way, thanks stardaisy212 a lot for more YB pix @ Big Show ^o^

I try to watch closely YB use eyeliner or not ;)

taeyang is nominated for best r&b album (HOT) and best r&b song (only look at me) at 한국대중음악상 [korea music awards (?)]. source: click here

whooo! i hope yb will finally win something big for his HOT album!

Guest iiiLOVEtheSUN

taeyang is nominated for best r&b album (HOT) and best r&b song (only look at me) at 한국대중음악상 [korea music awards (?)]. source: click here

whooo! i hope yb will finally win something big for his HOT album!

Thanks for the news! This definitely made my day!!!

Yeah...I hope he wins this time around...gawd how many times has he been nominated? and never won? this album was too "HOT" to not win anything.

Guest bb.chinks

He's almost 5'8". Waaay taller than me anyway. I'm around 5'1" =___________=;

reaaallly? i swear he's only like 5'5-5'6ish

well thennnn in that case, s'all good, there's a couple inches of a gap between us horrayy! LOLL. :D

Guest Karina_S

I found more detail about 6th Korean Music Awards which our YB nominated. Check it out ;)

[NEWS] Korean Music Awards Excludes Idol Singers from Nomination.. Their Argument?

At the announcement of the 2009 Korean Music Awards Nominees, nearly all ‘idol’ singers were noticeably absent from the list of nominees.

At the press conference for the 6th Annual Korean Music Awards—which was held at 10:30 A.M. on February 4 at the Seoul Joong-Gu TaePyong Korea Press Center—both a general outline for the upcoming ceremony and a list of nominees by category were announced.

Nominees in competition for the 2009 Korean Music Awards were selected from a review of songs and albums released domestically starting November 1, 2007 through October 31, 2008. Sister’s Barbershop’s ‘Most Ordinary Existence’ was nominated in a total of 5 categories including Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Artist of the Year, Best Modern Rock Album and Best Modern Rock Song. Galaxy Express, Verbal Jint, Toy, Kim DongRyul, and W&Whale each received nominations in 4 categories. However, it was difficult to find the names of any of the so-called ‘idol’ singers among them.

Neither Seo Taiji’s first single <Moai > from his 8th album nor Rain’s 5th album ‘Rainism’ earned nominations. TVXQ and Big Bang, each of whom drew a lot of popularity in the last year, were excluded from the list of nominees as their album release dates were November 12 and November 5 respectively.

The Wonder Girls received nominations in two categories including Song of the Year and Best Dance & Electronic Song, as well as a nomination in the Netizen’s Artist of Year category. Lee HyoRi’s <U-Go-Girl> earned her a nomination in the Best Dance & Electronic Song category. Big Bang’s TaeYang became a nominee in both the Best R&B/Soul Album and Best R&B/Soul Song categories, but Big Bang was unable to earn nominations in any of the categories.

A representative for the Korean Music Awards revealed, “The idea that the Korean Music Awards is biased towards indie music while giving mainstream music the cold shoulder is a misconception. The judging committee isn’t merely a group that makes its evaluations based on a single opinion or point-of-view. The nominees are selected in a collective evaluative process by a committee of 52 judges with a variety of perspectives.” The representative added, “No other aspect besides music is considered when selecting nominees. Musical value and the final product are the main concerns during evaluation.”

The Korean Music Awards seeks to treat music as more than a mere form of amusement but as an art, and musicians as artists instead of entertainers. With such a basis, more attention is paid to albums and songs rather than singers, and musical achievement represents the standard rather than sales figures. The ultimate goal of the Korean Music Awards is to move beyond the mainstream vs. independent debate and to create a foundation upon which Korean music can progress in a balanced, positive manner.

Music critics, journalists specializing in music, music producers, members of academia and of the public specializing in music, will all participate in the selection process by reviewing music released in the past year. Netizen voting will also be reflected.

The Korean Music Awards will take place at KonKuk University’s New Millenium Hall. Yoon DoHyun will host to the ceremony and Achievement Award winner, SanUlLim’s Kim ChangWan, will perform.

source: Spectacle! Forums, AsianFanatics Forum

credit: Lee HyunWoo@Newsen

translated by: ppoki@Spectacle!Forums

Let's cross your fingers for our YB!! I really hope he can get the awards XD