[Drama 2008] Glory Of Family / Family Honor 가문의 영광

shirley

Guest avonmarissa

haha, gerryg, I understand your point but I like the pairing between those two. She seems to be the one

who will finally bring him out of his shell; he is too boring at the moment. I think he is falling for her already.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, gerryg, I understand your point but I like the pairing between those two. She seems to be the one

who will finally bring him out of his shell; he is too boring at the moment. I think he is falling for her already.

I think instead of just looking at them, I need to hear the interaction between these two and then I would understand them better. Because they are a sideline story there is very little in the summaries about them.

So you all think they're cute :blink: . Hmmmmm Interesting :rolleyes:

Guest dramaok

i like Su-Yeong and Jin-Ah pairing too. he is supposed to be 37 and she is in her early 20s. so at most they are 15 years apart, not too bad but i agree they look bigger in age gap. maybe because theactor Jeon No-Min is in his 40s.

even though Su-Yeong is much older, Jin-Ah is more worldly and in check with reality, due to her background as orphan and of poor background, and having really loved once. while Su-Yeong has lived the life of filial heir and nothign else.

they are warm together.

press pictures from the set:

20081121094544244150948cy0.jpg

20081121094754254150951tf8.jpg

20081121094610247150948ts3.jpg

20081121094716253150948kc9.jpg

20081121094745248150951cu9.jpg

Guest autumnrain

But doesn't he looks like her father? Especially when standing next to the young guy who was her co-worker at the gas station. For some reason this pairing is very pervy to me.

Can't agree with you more but I think we cannot be bothered too much about age gap in this drama, such as that btw the grandaunt & Dan-ah's father, grandaunt & her subordinate etc.

Question : how does understanding history make KS's mother a better fit in higher class ? She is already taking some kind of lesson from a teacher and it seems also to touch on that. Or has it got to do with the Lee's family business ?

I like the part when Dong Dong read the comics to his great great grandfather.

Guest dramaok

Question : how does understanding history make KS's mother a better fit in higher class ? She is already taking some kind of lesson from a teacher and it seems also to touch on that. Or has it got to do with the Lee's family business ?

KS's mother's been trying to get into an elite history club for women. but she keeps getting rejected cuz they think she won't understand since she didn't really go to college.. even though she bought a degree from the philippines. she does get lessons about society and culture from the weird old man (who is btw more like a conartist trying to sell his junk to her).. but he can't get her into the club, so i think she's trying to buffer up her knowledge from a reputable source.. Dan-Ah, who is both a ph.d candidate in history, and the offspring of an honorable family.

--

i watched the first part of ep. 13. (only 15 minutes. :tears: then the file got lost)...

KS and DA... continue their abrasive dialogue.. but she's definitely starting to get under his skins..

the ha family granny maid thinks she's seen kang-seok from somewhere before

from ep. 13:

oe13081122hdtvxvidavi00no6.jpg

oe13081122hdtvxvidavi00ts8.jpg

KS: your home looks impressive. very neat and proper.

DA: come inside for dinner.

KS: do you know this? you accuse me of not seeing a person as a person, but you're the one with the mean hobby of looking down at people?

DA: i've never done so.

KS: then is it my own inferior complex? but i'm not some punk with useless sense of inferiority.

DA: come inside.

KS: (steps infront of her) you have that to you! the zest for looking down at people!

DA: if you hadn't acted so rude time after time, you wouldn't think of such strange thought.

KS: ah.. 'you see it that way so i did that'..?

DA: (stare)

KS: it's true i dislike that look of yours.. but it's true that it's also fun. no one else has looked at me like that before. so i feel like waging a game.. cuz im' curious.. what your look would be when you kneel before me to beg.

DA: is this a threat? if you look at me like that then i can't say what might happen to your company? hm?

KS: see this is why i want to wager the game.. if you act like you don't understand then i could just dismiss it as you're not up to par with it, but see, time after time you challenge me to see if i wanna play the find the culprit game!

DA: there is nothing i wish to do with you. (walks away)

KS: why is life hard for you?

DA: (stops)

KS: that youngin told me! that your life is hard, so i should stop tormenting you.

DA: --

KS: why is life hard.. when you look like a youthful woman with nothing to lose!

DA: (leaves)

---

Guest rainy75

But doesn't he looks like her father? Especially when standing next to the young guy who was her co-worker at the gas station. For some reason this pairing is very pervy to me.

yeah he does look abit old but i guess i still like their pairing. She is indeed bringing him lots of laughter and smile to his life.

and showing him the tough side of life... like he never had instant noodle in his life b4... :lol:

i watched the first part of ep. 13. (only 15 minutes. :tears: then the file got lost)...

*hug hug*

thanks for the translation!! even though u lost the file...

I've been surfing ard looking for the raws to ep13 too.

Anyone knows where to get it let me know .. thanks!

in the meantime, here's some screen shots from epi13

CNTKu_1227364369.jpg

kAH62_1227364277.jpg

mEl4A_1227365685.jpg

Thank you dramaok. This is definately a series that is rich in conversations. I even find the conversations to be witty and deep in emotions. Does anyone know about the scriptwriter?

Oops Thank you rainy75 for the caps!

BTW - I am just going to accept that couple is a good match.

Guest dramaok

rainy, i just get it thru CB.

gerry, the writer is Jeong Ji-Woo [정지우]. she wrote 'how to meet a perfect neighbor' last year.

pix of writer: http://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/2008/1...15_154226_0.jpg

ep. 13:

-

- it seems kang-seok plans to sell off daeseong construction, even though right now he is investing in them.

familyhonor13avi0028819wq2.jpg

- dong dong got hit by hyeon-jin again. he asked grandpa if he can hit her just once and then he will cherish women. he also prayed to great-grandpa if he can make her transfer to another school. his dad wants to teach him how to strangle her but dong dong says he's crazy, and asks his grandpa to buy him a pair of glasses so he doesn't get another eye bruise when she beats him again.

- director lee looks pregnant still.

familyhonor13avi0028849od6.jpg

- mr. lee asks ha family to send dan-ah to teach mrs. lee on history. mr. ha is reluctant but grandpa ha thinks it's good opportunity to show the lee family what the ha's are about, and grandpa ha scolds mr. ha about looking down on ppl.

- the drunkard auntie grannie's rubber-lipped colleague's family really want her as their daughter in law material.

familyhonor13avi0030174mj7.jpg

the lee's try to imitate how the ha's eat dinner but they're stiff-legged and sore-bottomed by it.

and this last part:

familyhonor13avi0035008ji5.jpgfamilyhonor13avi0035106gf2.jpg

KS: you're the professor we got with difficulty, so it's only right i provide the transportation.

DA: i have the address so i can find it myself.

KS: (opens door) i came all the way here are you sending me back?

KS: how about treating earnesty as earnesty? isn't that the proper etiquette? you should know that better than me.

DA: (goes into the car)

familyhonor13avi0035486iu2.jpgfamilyhonor13avi0035537gl6.jpg

familyhonor13avi0035610fx9.jpgfamilyhonor13avi0035632zx1.jpg

[Hyeon-Gyu sees Dan-Ah getting int Kang-Seok's car and gets upset, and calls DA who hangs up on him, and KS looks into the rear-view mirror and smirks]

familyhonor13avi0036063an8.jpgfamilyhonor13avi0035852ul7.jpg

KS: didn't you think of not doing this? like 'i really don't want to mingle with this kind of human?'

DA: i did.

KS: then you dragging yourself to do it.. is that some kind of challenge to say you don't want to lose?

DA: why is everything a game to you?

KS: (stares straight out the windshield)

DA: and are u fond of yourself so? i didn't drag myself into it i came to treat a person as a person.

KS: (!)

DA: and that's it.

KS: (looks at her, then smirk)

==================

the best part is the preview:

familyhonor13avi0036792ox5.jpg

KS: be careful... about acting like you know me.

familyhonor13avi0036822aw6.jpg

familyhonor13avi0036846tp9.jpg

KS: if you act like you know me.. then i'll want that too.

it's very sexy...

cute.. seems like we are watching almost the same dramas these days.

I cant wait for the next epi where there's most interaction betw. Dan-Ah and KS.

Where both can know each other betta ..

ahhh Park Shi hoo is so :blush: when he smiles.. I luv it whenever he recalls his interaction with Dan-Ah.

Hi rainy!!! Hehe ... it's been a long time since we watch the same dramas. I got Shirley to check this out but I guess she was not so much into it as we seem to be.

-

- it seems kang-seok plans to sell off daeseong construction, even though right now he is investing in them.

oh! i thought perhaps they were planning to take over daeseong for their own since i was under the impression the dad is looking at getting rid of the more unsavory aspects of some of their business & moving to more more 'dignified' way of making money?

oh well ... don't know much about business stuff but as long as daeseong construction do well & make money ... ks will profit from that anyway right? unless selling off will make him even more. :unsure:

-

- dong dong got hit by hyeon-jin again. he asked grandpa if he can hit her just once and then he will cherish women. he also prayed to great-grandpa if he can make her transfer to another school. his dad wants to teach him how to strangle her but dong dong says he's crazy, and asks his grandpa to buy him a pair of glasses so he doesn't get another eye bruise when she beats him again.

LOL ... dong dong is really adorable & much more mature than his dad. that hyeon-jin girl is really something! lol

- the drunkard auntie grannie's rubber-lipped colleague's family really want her as their daughter in law material.

:lol: ... rubber-lipped colleague suits him to T!

- KS: you're the professor we got with difficulty, so it's only right i provide the transportation.

DA: i have the address so i can find it myself.

KS: (opens door) i came all the way here are you sending me back?

KS: how about treating earnesty as earnesty? isn't that the proper etiquette? you should know that better than me.

DA: (goes into the car)

aish~ come right out & admit it KS ... you just want more of that disapproving stare she dishes out on you which makes your adrenalin pumping & more exchange of barbs with her. kekeke And I can't believe he wants to see DA on her knees when I was hoping she'll be the one to bring him to his.

-

KS: didn't you think of not doing this? like 'i really don't want to mingle with this kind of human?'

DA: i did.

KS: then you dragging yourself to do it.. is that some kind of challenge to say you don't want to lose?

DA: why is everything a game to you?

KS: (stares straight out the windshield)

DA: and are u fond of yourself so? i didn't drag myself into it i came to treat a person as a person.

KS: (!)

DA: and that's it.

KS: (looks at her, then smirk)

So was that smirk because he's thinking I lose this round but you wait & see? Hahaha.

- the best part is the preview:

KS: if you act like you know me.. then i'll want that too.

it's very sexy...

I agreeeeeee! :w00t: I mean with the very sexy part~ keke

Thanks so much for the translation!! At least it's not such an agonizing wait for the subs to be out. Hehe. Can't wait to watch tonight's episode.

==========================================

Was just doing some random reading on dramawiki on this drama & click on jun noh min's profile & had a shock!!! Apparently, the actor is married to actress Kim Bo Yun and she's 9 years older than him! :o Kim Bo Yun is in dramas like KBS Letter to parents (as the sister of the father in the drama) and her last drama is as Kim Min Hee's mother in Love & Marriage. Love the actress though ... she's really funny in the roles I've seen her in.

Guest rainy75

rainy, i just get it thru CB.

thanks anyway.. it been long time since i dl raws and l forgot the names of CB that has raws.. but anyway i found someone uploaded the raws here

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTQ5Njk5NTY=.html (ep13 without subs)

for those cant wait..

==================

it's very sexy...

:blush: sexy sexy. .. dialog and pixs by dramaok... :blush:

i love the dialog betw the 2 of them..

always so challenging...

Hi rainy!!! Hehe ... it's been a long time since we watch the same dramas. I got Shirley to check this out but I guess she was not so much into it as we seem to be.

yeah shirley told me abt it and i told her to watch this and leave my precious you behind for the time behind and watch this instead.. hehee...

i also posted in TGOL thread!

Technically, aren't the family men out of control?

- The father is dating and has impregnated his secretary :o

- The older twin is wooing a woman no matter how I look it she looks like his daughter :tongue2:

- The younger twin is tantalizing the tomboy who will probably flip his butt if she every catches him cheating :rolleyes:

- And his son apparently has the same taste in violent women as his father and now have to wear protect glasses just to go to school. :lol:

Bottom line - according to their own standards aren't these guys waaaay outta line! :P

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee .... oh boy ... this is really killing me! Things are going to really heat up next weekend! :w00t:

Looks like KS will be going all out now? About time!! :wub: The preview at the end shows DA returning the money KS's mom gave her, DA eating at the Lee's ... they must have insisted she stayed to eat and she couldn't keep turning them down ... and SY & Jina going on some sort of date together? ... KS bringing DA to this Blue Moon place etc... I'm really dying to know how he got her anywhere since she really still dislike him. Haha.

The dad's mistress finally could not take the cold shoulder treatment & agree to get married & told him she didn't go through with the abortion and SY & TY walked in while they were hugging.

Poor grandpa ... Dong dong's obsession with being hit by Hyeon-jin again resulted in grandpa losing sleep. :lol:

Guest rainy75

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee .... oh boy ... this is really killing me! Things are going to really heat up next weekend! :w00t:

Looks like KS will be going all out now? About time!! :wub: The preview at the end shows DA returning the money KS's mom gave her, DA eating at the Lee's ... they must have insisted she stayed to eat and she couldn't keep turning them down ... and SY & Jina going on some sort of date together? ... KS bringing DA to this Blue Moon place etc... I'm really dying to know how he got her anywhere since she really still dislike him. Haha.

The dad's mistress finally could not take the cold shoulder treatment & agree to get married & told him she didn't go through with the abortion and SY & TY walked in while they were hugging.

Poor grandpa ... Dong dong's obsession with being hit by Hyeon-jin again resulted in grandpa losing sleep. :lol:

ahh.. u also watched online like me.. couldnt wait for the next episode suspense.. :lol:

I missed the first 15mins where Dan-Ah was at his house teaching.. I couldnt connect to SBS then...

I was luaghing to myself when DongDong in the middle of the night woke grandpa up. During the next morning rituals, DongDong and Grandpa was dozing off.. :lol: :lol:

Kim Sung Min's facial reaction was so :lol: when he and his bro came in seeing his father hugging the mistress..

next epy..

hahaa.. i also dying to see how he managed to get Dan-Ah to go out with him.. and what was he saying in the shower in the preview.. :w00t:

i wanna know!!! what is he thinking.....

ahh.. u also watched online like me.. couldnt wait for the next episode suspense.. :lol:

I missed the first 15mins where Dan-Ah was at his house teaching.. I couldnt connect to SBS then...

I was luaghing to myself when DongDong in the middle of the night woke grandpa up. During the next morning rituals, DongDong and Grandpa was dozing off.. :lol: :lol:

Kim Sung Min's facial reaction was so :lol: when he and his bro came in seeing his father hugging the mistress..

next epy..

hahaa.. i also dying to see how he managed to get Dan-Ah to go out with him.. and what was he saying in the shower in the preview.. :w00t:

i wanna know!!! what is he thinking.....

Oh man ... the shower scene! *fans self* ... hopefully mic will kindly do translation of KS scenes again. kekeke.

love this drama, like the traditional part ..it is refreshing to see so much traditions.and it is an

eye opener to see the rituals being perform.this family is so warm,,,especially dongdong and g.granddad.

It is getting more and more exciting.can't wait for next week to see ks and danah dating.

danah eating with ks's family.....

love this writer's work..perfect neighbour was very good and can't wait for how this drama will

continue.

about the pairing of the older brother and the young cleaner..it's not too bad..they look pretty good together..

(imo ..the pairing in painter of the wind is really off..though acting is very gd but the age diff is too much,,,)

a big THANK YOU for all who translated ...it made waiting for subs so much easier.

:rolleyes:

Guest emilyjx1692

Thank you everybody for the synopsis. I would probably expired without them. I just got to know this past week and I can't wait to see today's episode.

Do you guys mind if I ask how you are able to see this live?

The wait is killing me. Thank you once again for the synopsis!

Thank you everybody for the synopsis. I would probably expired without them. I just got to know this past week and I can't wait to see today's episode.

Do you guys mind if I ask how you are able to see this live?

The wait is killing me. Thank you once again for the synopsis!

Sometime I watch it using TVAnts and sometimes I just one of the following links:

http://kr.tvsbox.com/

http://cdmatv.com/cdmatv.12.11.2005/com/cdmatv.htm

and don't forget to watch it during it's air time - Seoul 9:55 pm (convert it to your time)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Guest emilyjx1692

Sometime I watch it using TVAnts and sometimes I just one of the following links:

http://kr.tvsbox.com/

http://cdmatv.com/cdmatv.12.11.2005/com/cdmatv.htm

and don't forget to watch it during it's air time - Seoul 9:55 pm (convert it to your time)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Thank you so much for this! I'm going to try to catch it when it airs. The wait is killing me. I'm so curious what happens next. And episode 13 was so nice when SK was quietly observing Dan-ah bowing and she even ironed his jacket!

Thank you so much for this! I'm going to try to catch it when it airs. The wait is killing me. I'm so curious what happens next. And episode 13 was so nice when SK was quietly observing Dan-ah bowing and she even ironed his jacket!

You're welcome and yes I too thought episode 13 was really nice.

Archived