[Drama 2008] Glory Of Family / Family Honor 가문의 영광

shirley

you are right, forgot about it, they have not always been this rich

ok, but now they are, and he has never had a girl friend or even a crush on someone else??

Even when he was not rich. He is goodlooking and very ambitious. Is that not what most females are attracted to?

Only in kdrama can a writer get away with this. :lol:

(To be honest when they use to present a over 30 male virgin I use to think Oh my gosh! He must be a perv! Get the children and close the door!!!!! <--- :o But I can say, I'm use to it now and accept it asis :lol: )

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dramaok

anyway, in ep 8, it says that the son from that rich family has never dated before.

I find that kind of hard to believe and unrealistic, because he is goodlooking, rich and has a good job

Strange, but if it was a girl, I would have no problem to go along with it. Now wondering whether I am being a sexist.

i don't think he's had a real girlfriend but it seems to me he's had women before.

my favorite in here is Kim Seong Min and Maya couple. hahahaha they are so funny...

from ep. 8:

09familyshonoravi001555vc1.jpg

09familyshonoravi001552dz7.jpg

Maya (forgot her character name); it's illegal to talk on the cellphone while driving.

Taeyeong: i'm not talking on the cellphone.

Maya: aren't you holding one?

Taeyeong: i'm just holding it. is it illegal just to hold the phone?

Maya: are you joking right now?

Taeyeong: no. i just like to drive while holding the phone. check for yourself! (LOL)

but she got him anyway, with a citation for broken taillights. haha. so adorable these two.

Taeyeong is going around telling everyone he thinks director Lee is gonna die from some incurable illness. and that's why their father wants to marry her. LOL. he's so much trouble.. heha. what a childish man. but oh so hilarious. love Kim Seong-Min's portrayal. LOL

Dan-ah is really sweet. actress Yoon Jeong-Hee is definitely very attractive. something about her makes you wanna pay attention to her. Park Shi-Hoo very handsome indeed. but the character such an richard simmons. It seems he had a crush as a child or something and that girl may be Dan-ah?

That small girl on that old pic is Dan ah.Think he took it during the funeral he attended on the first epi.

Must have something between this 2 really curious abt them.

Guest avonmarissa

I love this drama especially the cop, Na Mal Soon, and Taeyoung. I wonder how their relationship will develop because it looks like they sincerely detest each other, lol. I am also interested in the relationship between Sooyoung and the frail girl.

Guest anna410

I think the relationship she has with her two brothers are very funny. She is so serious with her older brother, but treats her 2nd brother like her younger brother. I really love how loving the Ha family is with one another.

Guest dramaok

ya they are all lovely easy to empathize and cheer for.

i also like the non-han members. even the 'villains' the Lee familly is funny. they are shaddy but not really cruel in the bones. and also the college student that likes Dan-ah and resembles her dead husband.

20081105163400266g61700qd4.jpg

'Hyeon-Gyu' by actor Lee Hyeon-Jin. he's got a lisp but it adds to his charisma.

they did an awesome job on casting. love also the music. fusion like the drama theme.

This show seems different from the typical and interesting... wished someone would sub it....

I like it also, because it is has an unusual story-line....so far.

I also like that lady that has been married 3x and pregnant now. She has her own mind and life, very independent. But do this kind of ladies, married 3x and a successful career, really exist in Korea?

It is being Chinese subbed, if that is any help to you.

Only in kdrama can a writer get away with this. :lol:

(To be honest when they use to present a over 30 male virgin I use to think Oh my gosh! He must be a perv! Get the children and close the door!!!!! <--- :o But I can say, I'm use to it now and accept it asis :lol: )

hehehe....though I must say that where I come from it is not that unusual.

huangsy, thank you for the nice caps :D

Guest tenshiii0ox

Because of my four-day weekend, I decided to take a break and try one of the current shows, and I really became attached to 가문의 영광. The casting is just great, and the drama here and there pleases me. I cried when 태영's son was running in his front yard and weeping over his longing for his "mother." Oh, and when 태영 thinks that Ms. 영인 is daignosed with cancer... that just had me laughing hard.

thanks as usual cococrust!!! dang ... i just finished watching episode 9 & i'm dying for more!!!

if psh knows yjh from childhood ... why didn't he come forward & tell her ... since i assume he does know she's the girl in the photo he kept? it took all of 7 or 8 episodes for them to show us that he might have thought of her as anything but the obstacle to him getting that 'thing' he wanted from the college professor/old guy. speaking of which ... what on earth is that he wanted desperately to own anyway? some kind of book/document? i'm confused. seems like his parents was a loan shark or in the money lending business and that's how they got their start? and that wound on dan-ah's leg/thigh that still bothers her ... i wonder what causes that?? edit: never mind ... i just realize that it must be from the same accident that killed her husband during their honeymoon? ... hmmmn... haha ... i don't imagine psh character will allow her to get away with the 4th time.

anyway, wow ... he's quite ruthless though ... the match make date must have felt a truck just landed on her. hahaha not that she doesn't deserve it but he thoroughly left her speechless.

so is maya the father's out of wedlock child or something if she's suppose to be his sister? or estranged from the family? because she is certainly not in the family portrait and i dun remember any mention of having another sister. whatever it is ... the sister who stalks the guy student who likes dan-ah .... she gives me the creeps. it's so unhealthy ... the obsession she had with him.

kim sung min & maya are hilarious. he's really such a big baby!! i feel so sad for the son though ... having to deal with accepting his mother is not the birth mother and to have her leave without a word.

Guest mochi_chan

Get attracted with this drama even I am not understand korean language.... Like all actors and actresses in this drama except of park shi hoo's sister character. The character look soo spooky and a little bit sycho for me :sweatingbullets: uppsss..... sorry, no offense for her fans.

It will be great if this drama can have english subtitles :rolleyes:

now what I can wish is our soompi "angel" miss dramaok can post episode summaries here, so we all non korean's can more enjoy watching this great drama

Guest autumnrain

Hi ! Greetings to everyone !

I am hooked from watching the 1st 2 episodes - the family line of the Ha family and the funneral rituals that the members have to go through. What !? You cannot get married within the 3 years after the passing of an elder in the family ? What a 'chaotic' relationships the family members have - both grandsons face divorce at the same time and Dan-ah's father looks older than her grandaunt !

About the blind date, really, LKS is no gentleman there. If I were the date, he would get the 4th slap from me ! buahahahah !!! And talk about slappings, we are just into 9 episodes and he has already received 3. How many more is he going to get for the rest of 41 episodes ?????

I have captured some frames from BSplayer and would like to share with all but could anyone please advise me how to upload them here ?

Dear exupery

that 'thing' LKS wants so badly seems like some sort of scroll (from the trailer) and it keeps the family roots, something like the ancestors line and so on. But why is it so important to have it and is worth so much beats me. Does any family own one nowadays ? Do we have any historians here who may enlighten us here ?

Get attracted with this drama even I am not understand korean language.... Like all actors and actresses in this drama except of park shi hoo's sister character. The character look soo spooky and a little bit sycho for me :sweatingbullets: uppsss..... sorry, no offense for her fans.

It will be great if this drama can have english subtitles :rolleyes:

now what I can wish is our soompi "angel" miss dramaok can post episode summaries here, so we all non korean's can more enjoy watching this great drama

*kek* *kek* *kek* that sister of LKS - Lee Hye Joo - floats in the air and is in cloud 9 all these while. But heh ! she finally begins to speak somewhere in epi 8 or 9.

But seriously, she HAS a problem. Creepy feelings we all may have but that is how a person who is OBSESSED by something / someone behaves. The mind is on its own and the body just move by routine.

Well, since we have a lot more episodes to go, she should be cure at the end of ep 50 ???

Hi ! Greetings to everyone !

I am hooked from watching the 1st 2 episodes - the family line of the Ha family and the funneral rituals that the members have to go through. What !? You cannot get married within the 3 years after the passing of an elder in the family ? What a 'chaotic' relationships the family members have - both grandsons face divorce at the same time and Dan-ah's father looks older than her grandaunt !

About the blind date, really, LKS is no gentleman there. If I were the date, he would get the 4th slap from me ! buahahahah !!! And talk about slappings, we are just into 9 episodes and he has already received 3. How many more is he going to get for the rest of 41 episodes ?????

I have captured some frames from BSplayer and would like to share with all but could anyone please advise me how to upload them here ?

Dear exupery

that 'thing' LKS wants so badly seems like some sort of scroll (from the trailer) and it keeps the family roots, something like the ancestors line and so on. But why is it so important to have it and is worth so much beats me. Does any family own one nowadays ? Do we have any historians here who may enlighten us here ?

Ahhh ... I thought it was some family genealogy but wasn't too sure. I think families like Dan-ah who are probably from noble? family line & still uphold their ancestor homes & ritual ... all probably had those. I think LKS's family are rich because they build their fortune from scratch and doesn't have the so called 'lineage' that families that Dan-ah's family has. That's why I think his parents are obsessed about buying 'class' for themselves ... ie. ancestral homes like Dan-ah's and probably why they want that scroll. They seem to want to emulate all the customs and think it will make them a different class? Although I have no idea what use is that to them unless they are going to fake that it's their family scroll. Hope someone can enlighten us on this. Edit: ok ... maybe not noble family as i backtrack & read what dramaok mentioned about registered old family ... must be something important to the shady Lee family?

LOL ... I must say I'm shocked to find myself crying over the death of an old man that we the viewers know nothing about because Dan-ah was so heart-broken over not being able to make it home for his funeral in the first 2 episodes itself. I like both brothers' ex-wives ... so sad that they can't get what they wanted from their husbands.

As for Dan-ah's father looking older than his aunt ... it's possible you know ... because back in my gramps days ... when their parents get married at such early age ie. 16 years old or even younger and have kids ... my grandpa's youngest sister is actually younger than his eldest daughter - my mom's sister. that's why when it comes to us ... i'm older than some of my great-aunt's kids because she gave birth to more kids after my mom got married & had me. :wacko: I think this kind of thing are common back in the old days and in some families. My mom used to laughingly tell the story about how my grandma is pregnant at the same time as my great grandma.

Now that the scroll is in Dan-ah's hands ... what will LKS do to get that from her and will he succeed ... will he ask for that as condition to bail out their company financially?

Guest autumnrain

Ahhh ... I thought it was some family genealogy but wasn't too sure. I think families like Dan-ah who are probably from noble? family line & still uphold their ancestor homes & ritual ... all probably had those. I think LKS's family are rich because they build their fortune from scratch and doesn't have the so called 'lineage' that families that Dan-ah's family has. That's why I think his parents are obsessed about buying 'class' for themselves ... ie. ancestral homes like Dan-ah's and probably why they want that scroll. They seem to want to emulate all the customs and think it will make them a different class? Although I have no idea what use is that to them unless they are going to fake that it's their family scroll. Hope someone can enlighten us on this. Edit: ok ... maybe not noble family as i backtrack & read what dramaok mentioned about registered old family ... must be something important to the shady Lee family?

LOL ... I must say I'm shocked to find myself crying over the death of an old man that we the viewers know nothing about because Dan-ah was so heart-broken over not being able to make it home for his funeral in the first 2 episodes itself. I like both brothers' ex-wives ... so sad that they can't get what they wanted from their husbands.

As for Dan-ah's father looking older than his aunt ... it's possible you know ... because back in my gramps days ... when their parents get married at such early age ie. 16 years old or even younger and have kids ... my grandpa's youngest sister is actually younger than his eldest daughter - my mom's sister. that's why when it comes to us ... i'm older than some of my great-aunt's kids because she gave birth to more kids after my mom got married & had me. :wacko: I think this kind of thing are common back in the old days and in some families. My mom used to laughingly tell the story about how my grandma is pregnant at the same time as my great grandma.

Now that the scroll is in Dan-ah's hands ... what will LKS do to get that from her and will he succeed ... will he ask for that as condition to bail out their company financially?

All these sounds confusing when it comes to addressing each other, isn't, and don't the people around get awkward about it ?

But yeh, ok, that's the family lineage we are talking about and the Lee family is desperately trying to get it. But how is that going to help them ? I mean, so what if they get from another 'Lee' (which by the way is plenty in Korea) and take over from there, does that mean all the ancestors of another family now becomes theirs or what ? I supposed there must be more in that scroll than I thought - maybe it list out all the family rituals and by family, I meant a clan or extended family. Maybe it also list out the naming convention of future generations. I once heard from a Chinese friend who said that in his extended family, if you look at the second character of a chinese name in his family, you can tell which generation he belongs to (I think most chinese have 3 characters in their names, the 1st character being their surname, so do Koreans).

maybe you are correct, the Lees have the money now but their past is not glory. Therefore, to make a complete picture, so need a dignified family background so as to have a better standing in the society. And here, we have a family who uses money to buy everything to make it looks good - with money, it is possible. LKS' father bought a degree, his mother uses that to buy beauty. I wonder if his sister will also use that to buy love.

Yeh, now that the scroll is Dan-ah's trust on the one hand, and her family in deep trouble on the other hand, the logical move would of course be a trade-in. But somehow, I don't think it will be that simple, with 41 episodes more to go man !!!!! At this moment, there is not much of honour in the family - brothers divorced their wives, wives go away, brothers slowly getting involved with girls again, father pregnant colleage (ok, so it takes 2 hands to clap - I guess then that's ok, further, the father is a widower). I have this nagging feeling that the wives would return, but if so, what is going to happen to Mal-soon (Maya) & Jin-ah !!!

At the end of the so-called walk in the park, LKS thought to himself in triump about getting his way now that Dan-ah's grandpa has 'surrender' to his family. Shrewed and cunning person, this LKS. By the way, why is Lee family trying to get at Ha family ? Not another scroll, I supposed ?

just saw ep 9

that handphone scene is indeed hilarious and not to mention the cry scene with his father and sis. I bet the whole set was laughing as well.

and the rich bachelor is a ^%&*. But would someone really do that? Does he not have a reputation and image to hold up? oh well, maybe not, maybe that is why he is making a lot of money.

Guest autumnrain

This LKS is such a pain in the A** - the way he behaves in front of his blind date, his bluntness towards Dan-ah, his behaviour towards his mother & sister (over-protective), his father (kept getting compliments from his him) - such filial child he is but on the other hand, his shrewness (refusing to grant a loan to Dan-ah's family ) and steel-heart (sacking one of the chief in his company because of corruption even though this is a long-serving staff and well-liked by his father).

No, this child is not normal, so is his sister. In fact, the whole Lee family is not real but heh ! they add colors to the drama and I can't wait for the next one.

Archived