[Drama 2008] Glory Of Family / Family Honor 가문의 영광

shirley

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jadecloud said:

LOL. I kinda also ship DA with that student of hers. Poor guy, what a one-sided crush. Too bad he looks too much like her late hubby. And too bad too, she's beginning to feel for KS. Took a breather from FH ... still a long way to go... so many good kdramas on air now! HELP! LOL.

Thanks @badsmuler for keeping on with updates, and most of all, for keeping me company 'while I catch up with FH'. Gumawoyo chingu :P 

From the start i've already shipped DA with LKS...their chemistry had already sparkling from the 1st encounter... :heart::heart:

Have you watched until Ep. 20, chinggu ???

@jadecloud, @valsava...please help me to cure my withdrawal sindrom chinggus, i'm in love with Kang ji hwan now...would you believe this, I just finished watching Be Strong Geum Soon ( 163 episodes ), Runway Cop and My Girlfriend is an Agent in 5 days !!!!!  And now i'm watching " 90 Days Falling in Love "... :bawling::bawling:

Still praying my dear YJH can be paired with him in the new drama or movie...their chemistry must be really great... :wub::wub::blush:

1 minute ago, badsmuler said:

From the start i've already shipped DA with LKS...their chemistry had already sparkling from the 1st encounter... :heart::heart:

Have you watched until Ep. 20, chinggu ???

@jadecloud, @valsava...please help me to cure my withdrawal sindrom chinggus, i'm in love with Kang ji hwan now...would you believe this, I just finished watching Be Strong Geum Soon ( 163 episodes ), Runway Cop and My Girlfriend is an Agent in 5 days !!!!!  And now i'm watching " 90 Days Falling in Love "... :bawling::bawling:

Still praying my dear YJH can be paired with him in the new drama or movie...their chemistry must be really great... :wub::wub::blush:

@badsmuler I wish I had known I would have joined you where did you watch on what site..

Vlinkage Top 30 Popular Ranked K-dramas in China:

1. You From Another Star
2. Heirs
3. Descendants of the Sun
4. City Hunter
5. Pinocchio
6. You’re Beautiful
7. Secret Garden
8. I Hear Your Voice
9. The Master’s Sun
10. Rooftop Prince
11. It’s Okay, It’s Love
12. Queen In Hyun’s Man
13. Missing You
14. My Girl
15. The Moon Embraces the Sun
16. Autumn in My Heart
17. Full House
18. Goong
19. Boys Before Flowers
20. A Gentleman’s Dignity
21. Healer
22. Producer
23. Ghost
24. 49 Days
25. Nice Guy
26. My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
27. That Winter, the Wind Blows
28. Dr. Stranger
29. Family Honor
30. Oh My Ghost

vilo.jpg

Credit : http://koalasplayground.com/2016/04/16/you-from-another-star-heirs-and-decendents-of-the-sun-take-top-three-rank-in-most-popular-k-dramas-in-china/#comment-425398

WOOOOOOW...FH join the list as the only family and long series drama !!!! Though its just rank on No. 29 but for the quality its come 1st place by getting review score 9 from range 1-10... :heart::heart:

Congrats to all casts and production teams... :blush::blush:

Oldies but Goodies

Screenshot%2B2016-01-29%2Bat%2B12.56.05%

Family's Honor (Korean Drama, 2008)

This 50 episode long family drama was the very first show I took notice of Park Si Hoo as a leading man. So it seems appropriate to feature Family's Honor in view of of Park Si Hoo's new drama (Local Hero). 

Screenshot%2B2016-01-29%2Bat%2B12.57.45%

Synopsis: Daughter of a very traditional family, Ha Dan Ah (Yoon Jung Hee) has never been able to let go of the trauma of losing her brand new husband in a car accident. Shutting herself off emotionally, Dan Ah is content to live a quiet life as a reserved collage professor...until she meets our hero, Lee Kang Suk, a mercenary like businessman. 

I personally find Yoon Jung Hee's acting a bit stiff but since the heroine's character is suppose to be really restrained anyway, I didn't mind the actress' acting here. Park Si Hoo's character in Family's Honor is one that suits him quite well as a cold businessman that obviously is going to undergo some dramatic change once he starts to fall for our heroine. It has been a LONG time since I watched Family's Honor but it kept my attention for 50 episodes so that must meant it was fairly good. 

Credit : http://www.ninjareflection.com/2016/01/friday-drama-round-up-65.html

• 1 month later...

Actor Kim Sung Min Receives Final Diagnosis Of Brain Death

Kim-Sung-Min.png

Actor Kim Sung Min, who fell comatose after attempted suicide on June 24, received a final diagnosis of brain death on the morning of June 26.

The initial diagnosis was made at roughly 2 a.m., and the final confirmation occurred at 10:15 a.m. after thorough examination. Following the initial diagnosis, Kim Sung Min’s family consented to organ donation. With police sanction, examinations will be done to determine organ compatibility, and the transplant/organ recovery procedure will be performed this afternoon.

Kim Sung Min was found unconscious in the bathroom of his home on June 24, having appeared to have hung himself with his tie after an argument with his wife. His son had notified the police during the altercation, saying that his father was assaulting his mother, though his mother told police that it was a minor argument. Kim Sung Min’s wife asked police to check on him, as he often spoke of suicide after drinking, which is when the actor was found.

Credit : http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/25/actor-kim-sung-min-receives-final-diagnosis-brain-death/

So sad to hear this, he's a good actor...i thought he can fight back from the struggles...RIP Kim Sung Min...my deep condolence for his families.... :cry::cry:

• 1 year later...

Watching this now. What I really loved about this drama is that they showed the couples after they got married the older brothers with their wives and Dan Ah and Kang Suk too makes this a great drama to watch.

11 hours ago, hyall said:

Watching this now.

@hyall This is an all-time great drama, even though I have yet to complete it, what I've seen was awesome. I'd like to watch it to the end, but the site I used to watch on was blocked. Where did you watch it on? I could not find any when I was searching. Would you please share the link? PM me, please. Thanks.

It's a pity when it originally came out it was not subbed. It had excellent dialogue. I felt that this writer really knew how to convincingly show the development of characters and not shock you with developments that made no sense. The relationship of the elder brothers were handled with great care and a close examination of conflict and resolution. Yes it did drag a bit at a point but overall an amazing drama.

The way they placed the head housewife responsibility and the great emphasis they had on the respect of the traditions made this an interesting watch.

9 hours ago, hyall said:

I felt that this writer really knew how to convincingly show the development of characters and not shock you with developments that made no sense. The relationship of the elder brothers were handled with great care and a close examination of conflict and resolution. Yes it did drag a bit at a point but overall an amazing drama.

Agree with your take. This writer is THAT good! No doubt, the cast made the script shine.

Btw, thanks for the link. I'm going to get back on the FH train this weekend. Wait, where did I stop last year... :tongue:

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone, I’m new here. Please forgive and correct me if I’m not doing right. I happened to watch this drama a few months ago, a little bit late ( 10years maybe, hehe) but better than never , right? and I really really love it. I keep watching again, again and again. Each time just like the first time, same feeling, such a beautiful drama. I especially love Lee Kang-Suk and Ha Da- Ah with their beautiful love story. I don’t know how long does it take me to get over with this drama but I’m watching it right now, hehe!!!!

Archived