NHL

Guest Amicus

Ottawa made a really nice move trading Hossa for Heatley :o , both players almost on par skill wise, but heatley is young and more physical the hossa ... and plus, he really does go well with spezza ... so if ottawa doesnt disappoint the fans, eastern conference champs should be ottawa :o

west is always so damn unpredictable thou ... but as of now, being a canucks fan, i will have to cast my vote on the canucks ... their team is actually really experienced down to the 4th line ... it was a good decision to keep the twins and the move to acquire park and carter was an excellent move in my point of view ... however, i think they should take out lee goren and let jason king or brandon reid play in his place ...

but hey, i wanna see vancouver vs ottawa in the stanley cup final =] wouldnt that be so cool? either way, canada gets the cup =]

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah man! i totally agree with ya

ottawa is really doing well esp with spezza heatley and alfredsson

and it would absolutely RULE if its an all canadian final!

we really need to bring the cup back home to Canada!!

Guest nara jjang

flyers losing bad...

esche should be backup goalie and let maki play instead

its only the beginning of the season they only played 3 games and thats not enough to judge a goalie...hey he took them to game 7 of the eastern conference finals...we should give him a chance maybe a month and then u can say bench him

Guest dark_chancellor

I think people are getting too worked up over different teams' records. Keep in mind that the seasan has just started - some of the players have only played a couple of games. Those who didn't play during the lockout are probably getting over their soreness and rustiness still. Chill, guys.. o_O

Guest epark1281

...i'm getting that weird NHL channel for free (the one ur supposed to pay for), and i don't know why...i don't even watch hockey

still, i think the new rules is changing this game a lot ... and it already shows ... for example ..

1. the thickened blue lines ... making the attack zone much bigger, and thus, power play can get to work more effectively and there are more space to move around on the point

2. the "forbidden" goalie areas ... if somehow the puck landed in the corner, instead of running out and play it, the goalies now have to watch the other team grab it or hope that their own team player plays it out of the zone , this really change the flow of the game ya?

3. the no grabbing, clutching rule, notice how many defenseman just reach around and grab the other player before???????? thats how some of them got to be so effective and making them some of the team's key players ... its only the beginning of the season, but its interesting to see that some defenseman has already adapted to that rule already =]

4. stick on stick, body on body thingy ... and when u are in front of the opposing net, they cant check you, instead, they have to try and get position on ya ... those defenseman has really gotta play smart instead of physical now ... its a game of wits instead of .... power? iono, o.O hahaha

but ya ... iono, in my point of view, i like the game a lot more than before, except the massive penalties up to this point due to players not adapting to the new rules ... its supprose to have a better flow, which shows when players actually follow the rules ... a lot less offsides ... and less icing calls cuz of that "no line change if u iced the puck" ... as for the making the goalie smaller ... it hasnt shown much impact yet i think ... =]

Guest res0nate

the equipment for goalies affects the way they handle and face the shooter. hockey's a game of inches and some goals are going THROUGH goalies.

as good as ottawa is doing now, lets see how hasek holds up and whether they can get past the first round.

Guest Aznbanana

^more like if they can ever beat the leafs hahahha :rolleyes: seriously, if Ottawa ever beat the leafs, they'll be in the Stanley cup finals for sure

btw 4-2 Leafs win over Philly

damn, I love O Neil and the Big E right now. Big E is our new Roberts but better and a lot younger

the equipment for goalies affects the way they handle and face the shooter. hockey's a game of inches and some goals are going THROUGH goalies.

as good as ottawa is doing now, lets see how hasek holds up and whether they can get past the first round.

perhaps so, but making goalies smaller doesnt change the way they angel off the shooters and going down in butterfly, etc ... they might need to do some adjustments but it doesnt affect their playstyle overall in my point of view, but hey, what do i know, i've only watch ppl play goalie and never been one myself

Guest Chioster

If a goalie is very skilled. They will have the right angle with no matter how small the equipment is. The smaller the equipment, the faster the goalie will be.

its only the beginning of the season they only played 3 games and thats not enough to judge a goalie...hey he took them to game 7 of the eastern conference finals...we should give him a chance maybe a month and then u can say bench him

james he did ok not decent in the finals.

Guest Aznbanana

^ Ottawa already beat the Leafs twice in OT Shootout.

O_O? ur point being? u do know there is no shootout in the playoffs right...?

Guest DOVAHKIIN

^ Ottawa already beat the Leafs twice in OT Shootout.

Heatley's a sick sniper. It's because of him the Sens won both shootouts. Havlat and Alfredsson aren't that shabby either but didnt score the key winning goals.

Allison is not a sniper and was slow on both of his shots in both shootouts. Lindros does what he can. The other guys are.. adequate. Now if Sundin wasnt absent with his injury, then maybe we could've scored more in the games or have a different outcome of some sort.

BTW, I really don't like the Leafs defenseman lineup. McCabe is just sick and awesome, even though he gets those penalties at the wrong time. Kaberle is a soft player but he's okay. Aki Berg and Wade Belak are... >_> although I like Belak's richard simmons kicking power.

...i'm getting that weird NHL channel for free (the one ur supposed to pay for), and i don't know why...i don't even watch hockey

yep the NHL network is offering a free month of viewing just for october

yay toronto won eh! i was so happy~

but what happened to pat quinn's face? i watched only half of that one game with ottawa...

does anyone know when sundin is coming back to play?

Finally Toronto won the game. I hope they continue it ;)

yay toronto won eh! i was so happy~

but what happened to pat quinn's face?

he may end up looking like a racoon, lol.

Archived