NHL

Guest Amicus

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vongola

Man... playoffs are creepin up fast. Who's your pick?

Woops forgot to say my pick: Either vancouver or detroit ... detroit is always solid

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Freaking Boston beat the Habs tonight... <_< That makes everything stressful now with 2-2...

For like 5 years in a row, my predictions have been pretty accurate for the Stanley Cup finals even though I never said who's REALLY gonna win the cup :lol:... I hope it will keep going on a nice streak though!

This year, I'd say it's between Red Wings or Canucks. That would be what I would personally consider a "final" this year. The real Stanley Cup final wouldn't even matter to me because either the Red Wings or Canucks would be able to beat any Eastern team.

If Red Wings get eliminated before meeting Canucks in the Western final, then I bet Canucks will win the cup. If it's the other way around, I bet Red Wings are gonna take it.

Canucks are in a bit of trouble right now, losing twice in a row in a shameful way. But they're facing the Hawks (defending champs) who wouldn't easily give up. But if Canucks play their best games, they're very deadly + if Luongo doesn't choke too much.

As for the Red Wings, they got too much playoff experiences now. Howard is getting better at playing in the playoff since he made quite a lot of key saves (something he hasn't done at all last year in the playoff). Other players like Helm, Miller, etc are young players who already had many experiences in the playoffs, which is deadly.

Even without Zetterberg (very important playoff player) and without Franzen for some times (a playoff monster), the Red Wings managed to sweep the Coyotes anyway. Even myself didn't expect that. I was amazed by how great everyone in the team was. The craziest part was Datsyuk being unstoppable.

If the Red Wings keep that pace and become even stronger with the return of healthy Z and Franzen, it's Stanley Cup for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_lk98y6TJAs1qj3csvo1_400.gif

ps. sharks better not choke in the conference finals again. 

pps. let's go nashville! would rather not play vancouver. 

also: Sidney Crosby walks into a bar. Bartender asks him what he wants. Sidney replies I want an Ovechkin. Bartender looks at him confused and then asks him what that is. Crosby replies "It's a White Russian without a Cup".

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ZoidbergMD

ahhh this is the saddest NHL thread I've even seen...

and during playoffs too! For shame..

anyways

BRUINS vs. CANUCKS ON WEDNESDAY

I AM SUPER PSYCHED :D

Canucks in 7 or possibly 5... let's see how game 1 goes :D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ichigo_no_powder

^ haha i agree but i'm not too surprised seeing as how most soompiers are american. canucks just need to win one more game and the cup is ours!!

Guest ZoidbergMD

^ ugh every canuck fan is so disappointed and now all the wagon jumpers rioting in dt van is embarrassing to say the least -0-

But for sure Tim Thomas as the MVP of this whole series is obvious, he's such a beast at his height and his age, he has really proved himself throughout the season time and time again and then in game 7 with a shut out, major props to him.

congrats to Boston on the cup, but I'm still kind of bitter haha

• 6 months later...

Hey guys,

My name is Vivian and I am an ooooooold soompi member. I do admit I haven't been on for a while but I need your help!

Please help me get votes by clicking "LIKE" / "J'AIME" on the following two sites (Vote on both sites)!

I get to watch a hockey game if I get the most votes and that will be such a thrill for me since my birthday is in exactly a week! (December 29th).

Here are the links and thank you for your support in advance!

Definitely give my post a read if you are interested!

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/l_fr/blogpost.htm?id=4394 FRENCH SITE

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=4393 ENGLISH SITE

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!! ( I really hope this isn't considered a spam post!)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest GrapeappleTree

oh wow, is the NHL topic ever inactive over here. Not that I have anything smart to say here right now, just wanted to revive it :)

oh and, Go Ducks! Looks like they're finally realized the season has started, unfortunately way too late to make a realistic push for the playoff spots

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

My name is Vivian and I am an ooooooold soompi member. I do admit I haven't been on for a while but I need your help!

Please help me get votes by clicking "LIKE" / "J'AIME" on the following two sites (Vote on both sites)!

I get to watch a hockey game if I get the most votes and that will be such a thrill for me since my birthday is in exactly a week! (December 29th).

Here are the links and thank you for your support in advance!

Definitely give my post a read if you are interested!

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/l_fr/blogpost.htm?id=4394 FRENCH SITE

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=4393 ENGLISH SITE

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!! ( I really hope this isn't considered a spam post!)

Is it too late for me to see this?

And your post in there still mentioned about Cammy... He left the Habs for Bourque and etc... Bourque was worth it though, although Cammy will always be a better player than him overall... But Bourque is in his prime and on fire... It's good to have him on the team. It fits pretty well...

Cole is awesome too, not afraid to crash the net.

I'm a Habs fan for the East and Red Wings fan for the West (only because I was a big fan of Yzerman, now a big fan of Datsyuk)... But I'm a bigger fan of the Red Wings than Habs although the Habs demolished them 7-2... Red Wings were just on vacation mode plus Lidstrom was absent. Another weird thing is that Mike Babcock didn't seem angry and all agitated to call any timeout or anything... He didn't even drink his bottle of water out of stress! He was probably just like "oh just give them free points... I studied in McGill and I love Montreal so yeah let them pwn us"...

I want the Red Wings to surpass Toronto in overall Stanley Cups in the history, only to be below the Habs. The Red Wings are the most consistent team in this era.

And they will be in East Conference next season... Talk about a new look!

• 1 month later...
Guest Tun_tun

I've never understood these riots. Never. It's an embarrassment to the city and true fans of the team. Same thing happened last year when my Lakers won and idiots started rioting and burning down cars.

Chances are, many of these people weren't even NHL fans, much less Canuck fans. Also, many of them came prepared prior to the game with weapons, as well as material that can burn and lighters. I saw a video where a girl had lighter fluid, some kind of flaky dry material and a lighter to light a vehicle on fire. I can't help but think that they though that it sounded like a good opportunity to 'have some fun' and trash a city. And now, because of a few idiots, Vancouver's labeled with the 'city that'll riot over anything'. 

It makes me sad to see my hometown labeled like that sad.gif

Archived