NHL

Guest Amicus

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL The kessel trade, wow 2 1st and 2 2nds. There goes the leafs future for a long long time.

Leafs were already doing bad, trading for Kessel made them far worse than they are now. He alone can't carry a team even if they make it to playoffs.

Guest jonogunn

^whoa those things are cool. I wonder why they are called fatheads. They are pretty much posters right?

When was the last time the Leafs beat the Canucks?

Guest DOVAHKIIN

^whoa those things are cool. I wonder why they are called fatheads. They are pretty much posters right?

When was the last time the Leafs beat the Canucks?

'02 - 03 in Owen Nolan's debut game as a Leaf is the only game that comes to mind.

I think there was one win in Sundin's last season as a Leaf or something.

It's not like these teams ever met up that much since the lockout, thanks to Gary Bettman's retarded concept of heavy division play.

I don't get why people are SURPRISED by the Leafs sucking. This is what Burke acquired in the summer:

Francois Beauchemin - He's not even that good! Overpaid!

Garnet Exelby - Why did we trade Kubina for this hardhitter?

Colton Orr - Unproductive enforcer

Wayne Primeau - .... ?!

Joey MacDonald - .... !?

Rickard Wallin - Who? Great on NHL 10, supposedly a good PK player in reality, not that the Leafs' have a good PK record anyway

Phil Kessel - Injured and gone for THREE early round draft picks.

Jonas Gustavsson - Injured and yet to prove himself

Mike Komisarek - Hard hitting defenseman who's actually causing a lot of problems on the defensive end

Bravo Burke. Offense issues: He didn't do anything to improve the offense besides adding Kessel, but that's just one good winger. Stajan, Blake, Ponikarovsky, and Grabovski only put up half-decent scoring numbers last year because there's no one else did anything.

Defense issues: Kaberle is the only offensive talented defenseman we have left and Schenn is actually getting worse defensively. I would've just kept McCabe and Kubina.

Pat Quinn dealt away a lot of draft picks, Fletcher and Burke got some of them back, and then Burke got rid of them again.

So again.. what is Burke smoking? This team feels like the Islanders, full of 95% nobodies. Oh wait, at least the Islanders were able to land the #1 draft pick because they didn't deal it away!!!

Oh well. Go Sharks Go.

8329_140520816878_513476878_3080912_8235224_n.jpg

Guest j_and_d_show

man, we in Washington DC have the priviledge of watching one of the best players in the world regularly... (chiosters pic in his signature) mr. alex ovechkin. he is > than sidney crosby. imo.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chioster

Canucks Vs Rangers

Best Best, more entertaining game in a LONG time. Boring after 2 periods but the 3rd period just made everyones day.

10 vs 7 player brawl

More fighting after the brawl with misconducts getting handed

Broken Glass

Refs being refs handing out stupid penalties.

Guest jonogunn

damn calgary flames and their h1n1 priority.

damn canucks and their crazy richard simmons new dressing room.

damn, professional sport players get treated so well!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shadobeni

so many injuries this year because of the olympics...it's pretty ridiculous.

habs alone were playing with a bunch of AHLers on their roster. Thank goodness for plekanec and cammalleri.

Guest Chioster

Hooray for the leafs for winning 2 games in a row and hooray for Kessel though it still wasn't worth the almost 3 1st round picks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DOVAHKIIN

Hooray for the leafs for winning 2 games in a row and hooray for Kessel though it still wasn't worth the almost 3 1st round picks.

It's okay, we've lost them all thanks to Pat Quinn before anyway.

If Leafs slump out of playoff picture by trade deadline, expect a bunch of key players to be traded away for picks anyway *Ahem Kaberle*

Guest Chioster

It's okay, we've lost them all thanks to Pat Quinn before anyway.

If Leafs slump out of playoff picture by trade deadline, expect a bunch of key players to be traded away for picks anyway *Ahem Kaberle*

Hmmmm, I remember this happening in 2006, and 2007, and 2008, and 2009.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Hmmmm, I remember this happening in 2006, and 2007, and 2008, and 2009.

There's no big assets worth being traded EXCEPT Kaberle now.

Kessel and Schenn aren't going anywhere

Blake is old and doing nothing this year again

Stajan, Grabovski and Ponikarovysky won't net much

Therefore, Kaberle will have to go at some point. It took how long to dump McCabe?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived