NHL

Guest Amicus

Guest Chioster

The jets lacked the corporate sponsorship which cause them to move since they didn't generate any revenue but it was bettmans shortfall to move it to a place that has since lost 200 million in 8 years. Moving it to a place such as southern Ontario will save the team especially considering the golden horseshoe is one of the most populated places in north america.

We need more Canadian teams at the moment considering the 6 Canadian teams at 20% create 33% of the revenue in the NHL. With the Hamilton team, it will push close to 40% and will generate a lot more revenue then what Phoenix could have ever produced.

This may be a start of a chain reaction considering teams like

Nashville, Columbus, Tampa Bay, Florida, Atlanta, Anahiem, and LA are all losing fans and thus losing income and revenue. 2 of those teams has won the cup in the last 5 years. The revenue sharing may keep the league afloat but for how long? sooner or later, the Canadian Teams will feel they are being cheated.

As long as the economic downturn last, there will be a need to find money and money quick.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kuku

Man, the Caps having Varlamov is a blessing. They would've had a first round exit had they stuck to Theodore. I could see this going onto a game 7.

lol I saw the no goal in the red wings game. Same thing happened to Joe Thornton during regular season. He did a wrap around and the ref lost sight of the puck and blew the whistle RIGHT when Thornton put it in the net.

oh well.

Guest Addy

I've never been to Hamilton or any city around that area so I'm a blank page on that (closest I've ever been was Ottawa). Wasn't Harper one of the forerunners all for it?

Which way do you think the judge will rule during the hearing? Despite the little stuff that I don't like, I think he'll rule towards Balsillie. I'd like to see the team name that they choose to go with.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Hamilton is just a 30-60 minutes drive away from Toronto, and it's not too far from other cities along the Ontario/US border.

Don't the league owners vote on the actual relocation of the team?

The bankruptcy court is just to see if Baisillie could even buy the team, I think.

Guest kuku

I wonder if Hiller will start the next game. I'm sure it was just a fluke, but Giguere will probably want to show what he's made of since he has played a game for weeks.

Guest LolitaMan

Go Wings!!! I want to see Wings vs BlackHawks in the Western Conference Finals. Don't like them west coast late games.

Guest jonogunn

Go Wings!!! I want to see Wings vs BlackHawks in the Western Conference Finals. Don't like them west coast late games.

sorry but you mean Wings vs CANUCKS

Guest crackednut

ayyyyyy dios santos

that third period for the Bruins....

Invasion of the Body Snatchers, say what? Excuse me, but where did you put my team? Because I could have sworn that was NOT the Bruins playing out there. All those penalties they gave away...QUE LOCO!!

Focus focus focus! They need to get it done when they come back home for Sunday's game.

Guest kuku

I really want the Red Wings to beat the Ducks after what they did to the Sharks lol.

Wow I can't believe the Pens are beating the Caps.

Guest Addy

I don't like the format we seem to be playing in. After we get the lead, we are resting on it and that seems to be backfiring.

What happened to our offensive edge? Where are our scorers? And did some of the players seem to be disappearing? *cough*twins*cough*

I think the team needs to remember what they've been through this season and many previous seasons, who they're playing for, and that hunger needs to grow a lot more.

Guest Chioster

We never had an offensive edge in any of our series. Look at the St.Louis series, we played a very defensive game and capitalized on the Blue's mistakes. We are trying to do that against the Hawks but it works until we score one and the Hawks wake up.

Archived