Moonlight Walk

jenny

Guest yunakue

Man. That was so *sniff* sad.

I'm glad i get to read such a great yet sad story! TT^TT.

I wonder how Sangmin is doing...and her oldest brother...

But i greatly love this story. That chapt IS short though. But still at least i get to read more. :P

Post soon! o^u^o

WHOOT! MY LUCKY DAY! I OWN PAGE 31!!!!!!!!

(this happens two times to me today. Ah! I feel so happy!)

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest iadoreyooh

HELLLOOOO :D Omfg Chapter 100! Ahahah I thought you were ending it at 99 for a second there. GAHHHH I LOVED THAT LAST CHAPTER! I mean I know that she's dead and all but it was seriously like the most emotional chapter and totally it just gave me hella inspiration and stuff and you know when that happens that means it's very good!

Okay before I go off in a rant about your fic I want to first say... POST KISSED BY YOU! I love that song on your website :) GAHHH. It sounds cuttteee. Better be happy! >O Roar. And the layout is tres cute <234 I'M SO EXCITED. Btw, I still need to catch up in ME. Sorry =.=;; HWANG SEUNGHOO LOOKS SO FREAKING CUTE <33

Okay back to this fic. GAHHHH i loved it. You know I did. haha. I know it's like a guy gone to waste and sometimes you read those fics about guys with past loves who died and some girl likes them and you want him to just get over that person but I mean sometimes you just have to realize you know... :x I don't know haha. I LOVVEEEEDD that song. It's so fitting and it ended like RIGHT when I finished reading :D Haha. Or maybe I'm just a slow reader :x But yeah it was good. I've never heard it before ^^ I love that last line too. I don't know, it's a nice end. Like sad but still... good :) Haha. Some fics you know the ending is so unfitting when they just kill off their characters but this was a nice closure.

Okay I think I have to go pretty soon :x I'm in school shh. <23

Guest touche`

aww that was really sad. =( I liked how the way you describe his feelings towards her. I was touch by the words that you said. Where did you get your ideas from? lol! Sorry I didn't have time to read chapter 99. x] But it was really sweet. It was sweet how she died on his arms. (sigh) That's really romantic. =)

*this fanfiction is dedicated to Alyssa Unnie (iadoreyooh). It was originally posted up on her birthday, so that was the reason for such a special dedication :] I love you chi <3
Awww when I read this, you are so sweet to your friend. (: I don't think anybody have done this to me before. <_< (jealous) You're just so sweet like a sweet pear. x]

I love this fic. (: Overall, you did a great job.

Guest aymei

Ahh wow TaeMin-ieee!! How are you?! ARE YOU OKAY?! don't be sad!! your dongseng is here xD. ahh thats so sad..wow...i don't know..im so speechless...I really wanna know what happens to her family, and her EX! and how they all started, and how they had a baby and everything. maybe a PRE-SEQUAL dun dun dun...teehee, but i would like to know about sung min...

Guest mcarmy1

snif snif...poor taemin...i hope that they are together in the last chapter.the song is very well with the chapter.

Guest in0centvtgrl

aww it is complete. congrats. it was a wonderful story! it was so sad. got me teary-eyed. it was a great ending. i enjoyed how the music went along with it. i want to see ur new story out! ahh i love all your websites you set up for ur stories. now that is a devoted writer. i am so excited to see ur other writing develope. you do a great job writing such stories. it was sad yet it ended everything so beautifullie! wells i will be back for the other chapters you have for this!

juss went to KISSED BY YOU website. i am so pumped, i want to read it so bad. seems like a veryyy good story!

Moonlight Walk || Epilogue (SeungHyun’s Part)

Three years later, SeungHyun arrived at the Seoul National Airport with his head held high. After studying in America, he decided that it was time to return home.

Looking around for EhLim’s brothers, he smiled when he spotted the large group that was smiling back at him and occasionally waving for him to come over. He took his bag with him and walked over to them gladly.

“Hey you guys!” He took off his sunglasses and smiled widely.

After the first year, they had all gotten over their grudge against SeungHyun and kept in contact. SeungHyun had learned that EunSung and JungMin had started up their own store for selling tuxedos. Interesting choice, he had always thought of EunSung as a car kind of guy, but looks like they decided to team up. SangMin had passed high school and amazingly got into a pretty good college as did YeRin, and DongWook. HeWon and JaeHyun were still going strong, their relationship just growing closer everyday. EunSung had said it was because of something EhLim had told HeWon. SeungHyun curiously wondered what it was. As for DongWook and HeeJoo, those two were inseparable! Just adorable was the word to describe them, as JungMin had said. The only two bachelors in the family were EunSung and JungMin, who switched girls as often as they changed out of their clothes!

He had very few news of TaeMin and the guys. All he knew was that they were studying around the place, sometimes visiting other places to study.

EunSung shook hands with SeungHyun, giving him a slightly nervous smile. He remembered that whenever SeungHyun called to see how EhLim was doing, it was always the same. Somehow, they’d make a lie that she was busy, or she was out with TaeMin. SeungHyun seemed to not see anything suspicious, so they kept it going until he told them he was coming back. Then, their lies would be revealed and the truth would come out.

“Here, let me take that.” SangMin grabbed the bags and luggage from SeungHyun and started walking away with DongWook. Surprised by his new attitude, SeungHyun followed them while talking to all the other brothers.

Out in the van waited TaeMin, WooMin, EunByul, HanSung and YeRin.

“Hey!” YeRin greeted him with a big hug.

In SeungHyun’s eyes, they had all grown up a great deal since he had last seen them. It made him wonder how much EhLim had changed.

“EunSung Hyung, can you take us to her?” WooMin asked.

EunSung nodded and they were off.

“So, how was America?” YeRin started.

“It was good, but I missed home too much. It’s like going away to camp and knowing you can’t come back until years later.”

“I heard there were hot girls there,” HanSung piped.

“Yep! Hyung, TaeMin Hyung, didn’t you say there were?” WooMin pestered TaeMin.

TaeMin gave him a small nod. “But Korean girls are more my taste.”

SeungHyun smiled. “American girls are really outgoing and wild. Almost too wild.”

“They’re crazy,” YeRin added. “I’ve seen television shows. Those girls had no morals.”

“Maybe because you watch the bad shows,” EunByul retorted.

YeRin stuck her tongue out at him. “I don’t! My halmoni and I turn to the American channel and watch sometimes even though we don’t understand. They’re weird though. There was this one show where they looked really retarded. Like the guys would have their arms and hands in a weird position and they would say things like, ‘YO, YO! WHAT’S THE DEALIO MY HOMEDAWG?!’” YeRin put her hands down at the laughter that erupted in the van.

“YeRin, that’s supposed to be American gangsters.” EunSung laughed.

“We’re here.”

SeungHyun jumped at the voice to his right. He hadn’t noticed JaeHyun until that moment. The boy had hardly grown. He was still a midget, but the look on his face made him seem so much more mature, almost beyond his age.

He got out of the van and looked around confused. Who were they going to see? “Um, who are we visiting?”

JungMin let out a small smile. “EhLim.”

“She lives by herself now?”

“I guess you could say that,” SangMin replied.

He followed them with confusion into the cemetery. Kicking at the autumn leaves of gold and red, he ran to catch up with them when they stopped abruptly causing him to bump into the group.

“Why’d we stop?” SeungHyun walked towards the middle.

“SeungHyun, say hello to EhLim,” EunSung said as he held his hand out towards the headstone.

His face became blank than a laugh erupted from his mouth. “That’s a really good joke you guys! I almost believed you! Haha.”

YeRin struggled to find the words to say as a lump formed in her throat. She turned away from the headstone and looked up into the sky, hoping to keep the fighting tears from falling.

“Kang SeungHyun, this isn’t a joke.”

“What—How—No, this is a joke. You told me! You told me she was with a tutor today! She’s…she’s trying to learn English!”

SangMin kneeled down at the headstone and let his head fall forward. The tears that fell onto the ground was not what made SeungHyun realize it wasn’t a joke. It was the emotions that everyone had. He knew for a fact that JaeHyun couldn’t fake anything. And here he was, biting his lower lip with tear filled eyes.

Three years. How had he been fooled for three years?

“W-what happened?”

“She had a weak heart. The immune system caused it to become weaker. All the sicknesses she’d gotten from before made it work too hard. She was dieing when you left, but she managed to fool us all.”

SeungHyun’s vision blurred. He looked back at the headstone and everything around him disappeared. Why didn’t she tell him? Was he that unworthy of knowing she was dieing?

“N-Nuna told us not to tell you. She w-wrote letters to all of us. Here’s y-your’s,” JaeHyun sniffled. He held out a white envelope with EhLim’s unique handwriting on the front.

SeungHyun took the letter but didn’t open it. The fact that EhLim had died three years ago was still being absorbed. It was too much. The aching in his heart only grew knowing he’d never get to hold her, talk to her or see her again. After all those restless nights of wishing he was with her, his hopes were crushed with the simple words ‘she’s dead’.

His legs gave up and he fell forward, letting the tears run freely without a care.

“Why?” was all he could ask as the pain grew bigger and bigger. Everyone quietly walked away, leaving him to have his time alone. The only person that stayed was TaeMin. His slumped figure and tired eyes gave a hint that he hadn’t had a goodnight’s sleep after EhLim’s death.

“Kang SeungHyun.”

SeungHyun wiped his tears quickly before looking up. The eyes that stared back at him flashed double his pain through no tears showed. He was feeling it inside, every day and night. With every sight of the moon, his mind became wrapped up in the memories that hauntingly kept him awake nights at a time.

“This is yours.” TaeMin held out a notebook and a box. “I think she’d want you to have it.”

Getting up off his knees, SeungHyun took the notebook and the box. Placing the box on the ground, he gingerly opened the notebook to have pictures and doodles of different colors fill his eyes. It was like a scrapbook, with little words and phrases under each one. Most of them contained him and her. He assumed it was probably from when they were younger.

With each saying, his smile grew bigger. Just seeing her writing made him feel like she was there with him still. He stopped on the last page and concentrated on the words for a long time.

Seunghyun ah, Sarang Hae!

Where are you? I miss you so much…

The different colors and the slightly different change in the handwriting showed the recentness of the words. The last sentence was at least four years ago. The first one, probably five or six years ago. He carefully put down the book and picked up the box. Opening the brown box, he found more pictures with letters and some of EhLim’s belongings that he’d given to her.

“What’s all this?”

“She told me to give it back to you. She said that if you don’t accept it, than she’ll cry and weep until everyone in heaven gets tired of her unhappiness and kicks her down to hell.” A small smile grew on TaeMin’s lips as he said this.

SeungHyun smiled. Her words always seemed to have a small hint of laughter to it. An image of her laughing made his smile grow as he put the box back down and picked up the letter JaeHyun had given her.

Dear SeungHyun,

By the time you get this, I will be on away on my trip. It’ll be long, but before you know it, you all will join me!

Oppa…I love you so much. It’s you I thank for showing me love and forgiveness. Throughout everything that has happened, you still manage to stay strong. How do you do it? If only I was super woman, than I might be able to withstand all the complications of my life.

I thank you for leaving to America. I don’t think I would’ve been able to cope with another teary face. Everything around here seems to be so dead lately.

Keep studying! Be good and play nice! I don’t want to hear from anyone that you’re misbehaving. I’ll be keeping an eye on you!

One more thing, life’s too short to live in the past. Find her, Oppa. Find her and never let her go. And if possible, help TaeMin. He’s so strong outside, but inside, he’s as soft as a feather. I know he won’t take it lightly when I leave. So help him? Make him keep his promise to never leave me, but don’t let him close himself up. When we meet again, he’ll fulfill that promise, but for now, we can put it on a short break, right? Thank you. Thank you so much for everything you’ve done for me.

Love,

Suh EhLim

And like that, everything that seemed to weigh his shoulders down disappeared. It was easier to breathe and everything looked brighter. All because she loved him. Because of her faith in them, they were all able to live through the experience of losing her.

He looked up into the sky and in a whisper, almost inaudible; he said the words that she had waited three years to hear.

“Thank you.”

Moonlight Walk || Epilogue (general point of view)

After EhLim’s death, their parents had come rushing to EunSung’s apartment. There was much depression spreading throughout the house hold. EhLim’s mother had also been given back the information she had lost when she had fallen into amnesia. When it all came back, EhLim’s mother was breaking down. The whole family went through a long, hard period. They would have quiet meals, hardly spoke to each other, and was mostly quiet. The whole house had been silent through a period of about three months or so.

When a year passed, they had brightened up a bit. SeungHyun’s calls would sometimes hit them hard, making them tear up and cry as they tried to pretend EhLim was still alive. They kept her room the same, never changing anything. Sometimes, when they felt out of it, they’d go into her room and just sleep there, surrounded by her scent. It helped to keep them strong.

TaeMin and his friends occasionally dropped by the house. They were all on better terms with the Suh children. EhLim’s parents were also glad to meet them. When they met TaeMin, they had embraced him lovingly. They knew it wasn’t easy to go through something like that, to lose two people dear to him. TaeMin had slept in EhLim’s room for weeks when he had asked if he could stay over.

Even though he cried her name out in his sleep still or would sometimes see her walking towards him, he went on. He was still able to live through everything. They all helped him, finding that it was almost the hardest on him because of his relation with EhLim.

As the years went by, the pain lessened, but TaeMin’s mind never once wondered to someone else. It seemed that EhLim would always hold his attention. Though the guys set him up on multiple dates, he would just come home to his empty apartment, sitting on the roof and looking up at the sky as he spoke to EhLim. He imagined she was listening, because whenever he said something that he knew she would have liked, the wind would gently breeze by, brushing his hair out of his face.

Though life never seemed to be so hard, they all got through. EhLim’s death had helped show them the joys and the pains of life. It helped to make them stronger. And though they might not be able to see her or feel her physically, she was always there. Always.

THE END

SINGLE REPLIES

PolkaDotz thanks for reading so much Jess! You're seriously a great reader<3 as well as critique, hehe.

cHoCoLo Aw, I think you're one of my longest readers since the start, right? Anyways, I really wanna thank you!

smileyface(: thanks for reading! seriously, you guys are the best :]

sharss aw, thanks! haha, I feel like posting the new story too. In my mind, I was thinking a sidestory might be too stretched to add on to MW, but yeaa :]

yunakue ahh, you made my 31st page! I LOVE LOVE LOVE you<3 haha!

Chi Alyssa OMFGGG, Chi, I feel so sad :[ I REALLY meant to post it yesterday and wish you the biggest birthday and all, but I fell asleep! I was so pissed at myself when I woke up, because the first thing that flew to my mind was that my birthday present for you was like...ruined T_T. But I hope you can forgive my idioticness and accept this late gift >_<.

SillyKayce lol, yea, this dedication was for her because she's seriously one of the best ever. It's just nice to have someone there for you mentally even with the distance :]

mimii yea, well, you guys can see from the epilogues. And the song on the website is: Vi3 - Eyes close so tight

lisaloveu thanks! I hope I see you at my new story!

a y m E i LMAO, nahh, no prequel. I also thought of it, but at the same time, I was like, if people read the prequel then the story, they'll know all the secrets already. So it'll sort of ruin it xP

mcarmy1 thanks! eh, together when he dies, sure :]

in0centvtgrl ahah, you get ME pumped up to post! I'm dedicated I guess lol. Just cause making the websites let me practice my HTML skills as well as PS ones too, so it's fun. I really hope to see you in that thread too! Kissed by you should be posted shortly since I've written a few chapters in advance, heh.

Wow, it's finally ended! Actually, I meant to post it yesterday, since that was the starting date of it! It was also the birthday of the person that this story is dedicated to.

HAPPY BELATED 16TH BIRTHDAY CHI ALYSSA!!

I hope you have all your wishes come true, and forgive me for posting it a day late. Seems like the story took a year and a day to post, hehe<3

Anyways, I'm really happy it's over. Though the epilogues aren't really the best (ehh) I hope it'll just sort of put things at rest. The parents were sort of just thrown back in LOL. I didn't mention much about them, which is the biggest flaw of this story. Also, TaeMin did not move on, because as you read, the pain was too great to deal with.

My decision between a side-story and a new story: The new story. The side-story will probably be put off for a bit, because I feel like writing about completely new characters and having a fresh start. I really hope to see most of you there, because this story is pretty exciting compared to this one, haha. It's pg-13 also, but more only because of the cussing and maybe violent situations (but not so violent that it's like a totally action fic, heh). So yea, please keep your eyes out! If you want me to PM you when the new story is out, just say so ^^*

And last of all...

THANK YOU!

Without the support of my readers, I would be nowhere <3

And thus, the story ends, but you know, where there's an ending, there is always a new beginning.

-Jenny

Guest lisaloveu

Me fIRST...thx for writing dis great fIC..^_______________^

AWWWW its so sad nd sweet..*heuk heuk* thx again

Guest XOx_bOnBoN_xOX

Awww... This post made me all teary eyed. The epilogue is so sad. Poor them. Well thank you for posting this fnafic. I really liked it! ^_^

Guest faded_x_memories

yay! i caught up...OMG I cried the post make me crying right now..It make me feel the same too when somone you love dies and you can't move on with your life...><; soo sad but really good. I hope you write another fanfic because if you do. I'll read it all the way and cry if it's sad. ^^ thanks for posting up

Guest AzN_cHiC89

aww.. it's been so long since i've been to this thread!!!

you made me cry!!! which is a good thing!

good job on finishing this fic.. it was really good and i enjoyed reading it! i hope you write more in the future.

Guest iloveshinhwa

dude that was one good fanfic!!!!! so sad that she had die TOT hope you come up with a new fanfic soon!!!! ^_^

Guest iadoreyooh

Argh, my firefox went insane on me the last time I tried to reply T_T Anywayyssss haha dongsaeng I don't think you can get any sweeter :) Don't worry about it, I know you tried ^^ Aw that was a nice way to wrap up everything, but that's so crazy how they managed to hide everything from SeungHyun for so long. I actually totally forgot about him and I was like huh? When did he ever go to America? <3 Aww I'm so sososososos excited for your new fic, ahah ^^ It seems tres cute. Although the epilogue was nice I think I liked Chapter 100 more. I guess it's cos it focuses moreso on TaeMin rather than SeungHyun. hahaha Omg I think I'm going insane I was so thinking "Danny" when I typed that. Doesn't he seem like he could fit the character though!? Lol. You're right. TaeMin is just a sweeetheart is this fic :) TaeMin > Hiroshi :xx DON'T KILL ME! Haha. That's betrayal huh? :( Maybe because I haven't had my fair dose of Hiroshi these days. HMMM.

It's late. I'm going insane, em. Haha ^^ This fic is awesomee <3 But you already know that :) It's completed! Wow. HMMM PG-13 huh? hahaha. You always add a little more :x If you know what I mean ;) ;) ;) Haha. Just kidding. That's what ME and TE are for right? ;x <3 I still can't get over the fact that you dedicated this to me <3 That's such an honor, you don't even know.

Guest cHoCoLo

awww i got all teary eyed reading the epilogues =(

it was so good yet so sad at the same time! good job on the fanfic and i cant wait for your new one =]

Archived