[drama 2009] Triple 트리플

Guest MWshin

Haru and Hwal seems like a big issue here...ha ha...but I have more problem with Soo In. She's the only character that I can't quiet warm up too. She first cheated, and then when Hwal asked her for some space she doesn't - keep pushing him - which kind of work since they are healing...and then when she and Hwal let the news of their marriage out - she was very thoughtless...how Haru would might react- just keep don't understanding , wondering - why she is weird...and then the fall - i feel pity for Haru at that scene. And I so agree with everyone that if Soo In really wasn't amuse by HyunTae she could have push him away more aggressively ...she is just little bit annoyed by Hyun Tae but there are still a hinted of amusement - at least that's what it show in Lee Hana's face. Personally I would like Lee Hana to portrayed a little bit different....

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest joicy

Well Haru apologized to Hwal for being mean to him during the last couple of days. It’s a sign of maturity ;). *scoffs* Haru doesn’t have the princess syndrome! The first thing she does when she wakes up is prepare breakfast, go to school, attend practice, and come home to cook dinner for the guys. And she does all the laundry too! I’m sure a little teenage outburst is acceptable.

I don’t know, I feel like some of you guys refuse to try to see the situation in her shoes. Wouldn’t you be a little sad and frustrated if someone you liked and idolized secretly had a wife or a husband?

I said "princess" because I thought of the way she threw her tantrum. Actually, she's very down to earth so far and only after finding Hwal having a wife (and trying to get back together) she's like that. I understand that she's sad, but the fact is the fact, Hwal is an individual with his own life, what's wrong if he has a wife and does not tell everyone about that? I understand more his close buddy's reaction (you are my friend and you inform me of your marriage/sepration at the same time?), but Haru, she's just moved in for a month or so, I think it's too much for her to have that kind of reaction.

She has the right to do it because she's she, but not every one and not many people will just go to the "oopa" that they found and lived together for several months and told that married man (who was trying to heal with his wife) that "I like you, oppa". It's too selfish of the decision. About Hwal, you can see that he's shocked and confused after hearing from her.

And, maybe this is redundant, but, let me emphasize again that Hwal is married, and even if Su In is not worth to forgive, he's working on his relationship - this is his decision, not for us or Haru to judge. Not only Su In told Haru that they were trying to get back together, Hwal did the same thing when introduced his wife to his close friends. Haru is not in the situation to step between their relationship, no one can and should do the same thing. Wait until Hwal sorts things out, when he gets divorced or so on, when he's free, then ok, it's fine for Haru to step in. but not now. For any married person, they can't symphasize with the childish, immature and reckless reaction of Haru's. Sorry if you guys fall for the romantic size, you can snap his heart if you like him, you can tell him if you like him, well, no one can stop you, but you are hurting others by your action and actually it's your fault doing so if you break a family.

Guest joicy

After watching the first episode I got hooked up with this drama. Maybe because it's light and funny. Anyways, at first I am in doubt how will the story goes. Well, it seems impossible for Hwal and his ex wife to get back together because it seems she will be paired to another actor and also because of what happened to them. She betrayed him with another man.

Hi there,

I agree with you that it's very hard for Hwal and his wife to come back, maybe Hwal needs to show more of his love, or they will try to work to be friends afterward. but I don't think the reason is she's paired with another actor, only HT showing his affection but nothing from her so far. So i don't buy it that Soo In and HT will be a couple. Esp with the fact that Soo In trying to get back with Hwal.

Guest sarangf

I said "princess" because I thought of the way she threw her tantrum. Actually, she's very down to earth so far and only after finding Hwal having a wife (and trying to get back together) she's like that. I understand that she's sad, but the fact is the fact, Hwal is an individual with his own life, what's wrong if he has a wife and does not tell everyone about that? I understand more his close buddy's reaction (you are my friend and you inform me of your marriage/sepration at the same time?), but Haru, she's just moved in for a month or so, I think it's too much for her to have that kind of reaction.

She has the right to do it because she's she, but not every one and not many people will just go to the "oopa" that they found and lived together for several months and told that married man (who was trying to heal with his wife) that "I like you, oppa". It's too selfish of the decision. About Hwal, you can see that he's shocked and confused after hearing from her.

And, maybe this is redundant, but, let me emphasize again that Hwal is married, and even if Su In is not worth to forgive, he's working on his relationship - this is his decision, not for us or Haru to judge. Not only Su In told Haru that they were trying to get back together, Hwal did the same thing when introduced his wife to his close friends. Haru is not in the situation to step between their relationship, no one can and should do the same thing. Wait until Hwal sorts things out, when he gets divorced or so on, when he's free, then ok, it's fine for Haru to step in. but not now. For any married person, they can't symphasize with the childish, immature and reckless reaction of Haru's. Sorry if you guys fall for the romantic size, you can snap his heart if you like him, you can tell him if you like him, well, no one can stop you, but you are hurting others by your action and actually it's your fault doing so if you break a family.

i agree.it's doesn't matter how you feel about a guy,if he still married you should let him sort out his situation first.

Guest joicy

I have only been following this on and off but I roughly get the gist of the storyline. I don't think it's HT nor Haru's faults for still haboring hopes for pursuing whom they like ==> I believe the root cause for all these heartache and confusion lies in the fact that Hwal is still indecisive on his relationship with Su-In. On the one hand; he is unable to erase the memory of Su-In's infidelity and on the other; he still has feelings for her. He should just make a stand quickly and reconcile with her if he still enjoys being with her (as evident from the fact that he could leave his surprise birthday party and hop over for a mini celebration with Su-In).

So, even though they are still a married couple, in reality they are no longer living as man and wife so I dont really blame HT and Haru for behaving the way they did (and hey!, they were smitten even before they knew these 2 were married).

May I quote your post, actually you gave a very good point (that I share) about HT and HR have no fault in falling for SI and Hwal AT FIRST. When they developed their feeling, they did not know that person was married, they thought he/she was available. So it's hard for them to withdraw their feelings right away. Still, they have choices to think for themselves, take some days/weeks to digest the news and watch how the couple's doing. HT and HR are a little too much agressive/forward to express themselves and that's what some audience may not feel for them. I don't blame them for having their feelings, but I don't like how they approach the person they like THAT HOPELESSLY after they found out the truth- and they may not have a chance.

About Hwal and Su In: well, what do you expect from a seperated couple? Is that normal that they live on their own, not living with each other? Su In has been trying to contact with Hwal, she's sending emails though never got any reply from him. Hwal has a seperated wife does not mean anyone can jump into him and it's no problem. :-) No it's not moral and that's normally what majority of people think and behave in real life- it's hard to side with the third party when the couple is trying to heal.

Guest Haywires

Disregarding the fact that they used to be siblings, personally I got nothing against Haru and Hwal as characters. They are a great pair. Much cooler chemistry than with Hwal and Su In. Im rooting for Haru and Hwal! Aja! :)

Guest aidaa

Haru and Hwal seems like a big issue here...ha ha...but I have more problem with Soo In. She's the only character that I can't quiet warm up too. She first cheated, and then when Hwal asked her for some space she doesn't - keep pushing him - which kind of work since they are healing...and then when she and Hwal let the news of their marriage out - she was very thoughtless...how Haru would might react- just keep don't understanding , wondering - why she is weird...and then the fall - i feel pity for Haru at that scene. And I so agree with everyone that if Soo In really wasn't amuse by HyunTae she could have push him away more aggressively ...she is just little bit annoyed by Hyun Tae but there are still a hinted of amusement - at least that's what it show in Lee Hana's face. Personally I would like Lee Hana to portrayed a little bit different....

I agree with you about the cheating part but I don't agree with your above sentence. In Soo In's defence, I do think she gave him some space. It seems at least couple of months or years since the incident occurred. She wasn't even stalking him like HT. Yes, she sent emails and stuff but she wasn't pushing herself to Hwal. She made a huge mistake and I understand that she wants to reconcile with her husband.

She doesn't know that Haru likes Hwal that's why she is wondering why Haru is acting this way. She thinks that Haru is Hwal's sister nothing more nothing less. So in my opinion she doesn't have to worry about Haru's reaction or her feeling. She is the wife of that man regardless of the situation.

Guest asadal

This is similar to what Hwal said to Haru, that “it’s none of your business.” You can see that it really hurt Haru. In another scene when an injured Haru went out to the skating rink, Hwal scolded her by saying “I told you not to skate. Why do you always do things I don’t want you to?” And Haru replies, “Could I say the same thing to you? It doesn’t have anything to do with you, so stay out of my business.”

Well there was something forming between the two until Hwal out of the blue said he had a wife. I think it’s a little cruel to lead an innocent girl like Haru into thinking that something could feasibly happen just to break her heart later (an emotional scar that will probably stay with her for the rest of her life - thus turning Haru into a sexually liberated richard simmons that will sleep with anyone in order to compensate for her low self-esteem and to find some semblance of love *ahem* WE CAN‘T LET THAT HAPPEN!!!) And I think girls that age are particularly more sensitive towards situations like that. I see your point, but I think you’re dismissing Haru's feelings, that it doesn’t really matter compared to what Soo In and Hwal have. In my opinion, Haru and Soo In have equal footing. Soo In might have "dibs" on Hwal (ha such a weird way of putting it), but Haru was completely unaware of their relationship.

Guest joicy

This is similar to what Hwal said to Haru, that “it’s none of your business.” You can see that it really hurt Haru. In another scene when an injured Haru went out to the skating rink, Hwal scolded her by saying “I told you not to skate. Why do you always do things I don’t want you too?” And Haru replies, “Could I say the same thing to you? It doesn’t have anything to do with you, so stay out of my business.”

Well there was something forming between the two until Hwal out of the blue said he had a wife. I think it’s a little cruel to lead an innocent girl like Haru into thinking that something could feasibly happen just to break her heart later (an emotional scar that will probably stay with her for the rest of her life - thus turning Haru into a sexually liberated richard simmons that will sleep with anyone in order to compensate for her low self-esteem and to find some semblance of love *ahem* WE CAN‘T LET THAT HAPPEN!!!) And I think girls that age are particularly more sensitive towards situations like that. I see your point, but I think you’re dismissing Haru's feelings, that it doesn’t really matter compared to what Soo In and Hwal have. In my opinion, Haru and Soo In have equal footing. Soo In might have "dibs" on Hwal (ha such a weird way of putting it), but Haru was completely unaware of their relationship.

I don't comment much on the spoilers, you go too far from the topic and if things like that happen, well, it's Haru's responsibility to go that path- she can't blame on any one else, anyway, the reason for her to do that , if any- is too silly. :-)

Actually I don't dismiss Haru's feelings, I think she's entitled for that and she developed the feelings not knowing Hwal having a wife. It's fine. However after she finding the truth, I don't like the way she acted- yes, some one call it "spoiled" and my opinion, I think she should not do that to her married oppa.

About Hwal: you can inteprete it as he's having some (man vs woman) care and feeling for Haru, or you can say it's from oppa towards a little sister. Despite how much Hwal wants to ignore, they share part of the past, mother, father, the grief/sorrow so they are naturally close. You can look back at how Hwal cared about her health, buying her skating shoes, etc. in the past and tell me that he's having affection from her? Again, it depends on how you interprete/see things, for me, I am waiting to see more in next episodes, how PD would "solve" and let Hwal act through a "sensitive" stuff like this. If he sees that Haru is more serious, not only having a girly crush on him, what he will do/feel about it? I am very curious, like I was when Han Kyung struggled to know he's having feelings for a little boy in Coffee Prince before. I don't like Haru and don't feel for her character does not mean I am ignoring or not seeing the drama seriuosly and with open eyes.

Hope you can see my point. I don't want to argue to get me or you right or wrong, but I have my own opinion, with the limited and status as I am, that might be different from you, but it's another opinion on Haru- your favorite character, too.

Guest hjkomo

I wonder what's the meaning behind Wal's death. It has to mean something since our PD is into symbolism.

It's Haru's punishment (in her eyes) for liking Hwal.

I myself don't feel for Haru recently. She used to be reasonable, and tried to "bear" what Hwal was doing for her. Suddenly now she got attention from three oppas so she can act like a little princess? I understand she's dissappointed because Hwal was married and having some one he cares about. But it does not mean she can just throw her tantrum - to Hwal - not listening to him, go to the rink and skate all day (is a girl who trained to be an athlete from 7 years old can act like she does not understand how the injury can affect her health?) - to Su In: checking SI's phone, watching her private video at home, even checking her CDs inside her bag and then broke a CD that Hwal gave her (which she cherishes so much) and threw it away. Well she's only 18 and she's so upside down and heart broken, and distressed because she has to stop skating- the only thing she knows about so far- but still, she has no discipline and she did something that she really should not. The fact that she lives for a long time with old men, no mother may explain for it, but I still don't like it at all.

I agree. I cannot stand Haru anymore. But she's only 18, so maybe that's the only reason why she should be forgiven ^_^. I was once young also, so Haru's actions right now are all considered normal.

I also agree that her living with the 3 men is not right either, if now, more important than ever, she should move in with Soo In, so that she will have a mentor that is more suitable for her. I may seem old fashioned, but Haru living with the 3 guys is funny and all, but in reality, I think that she should put skating as her number one priority right now. The feelings for Hwal can be geared toward the future when she is ready and mature enough.

I’m sure a little teenage outburst is acceptable.

I don’t know, I feel like some of you guys refuse to try to see the situation in her shoes. Wouldn’t you be a little sad and frustrated if someone you liked and idolized secretly had a wife or a husband?

While Harus's behavior was "understandable" as a tantrum from a disappointed teenage girl...

that certainly didn't make it any less ANNOYING. The entire ordeal was grating to watch. :crazy:

I think it’s a little cruel to lead an innocent girl like Haru into thinking that something could feasibly happen just to break her heart later (an emotional scar that will probably stay with her for the rest of her life - thus turning Haru into a sexually liberated richard simmons that will sleep with anyone in order to compensate for her low self-esteem and to find some semblance of love *ahem* WE CAN‘T LET THAT HAPPEN!!!) And I think girls that age are particularly more sensitive towards situations like that. I see your point, but I think you’re dismissing Haru's feelings, that it doesn’t really matter compared to what Soo In and Hwal have. In my opinion, Haru and Soo In have equal footing. Soo In might have "dibs" on Hwal (ha such a weird way of putting it), but Haru was completely unaware of their relationship.

Hwal has never led Haru on in that way. He's been kind and caring towards her but never in a romantic way.

No one is dismissing Haru's feelings...however, her behavior clearly reflects her immaturity. And telling Hwal that she's over him (which is a blatant lie) and ready to come back to Seoul and then trying to woo him is dishonorable. <_<

Same with HT...looks like he's gonna do worse this week. <_<

Guest piano4112000

I don't see anything wrong with the way Haru express herself. Jealousy is a powerful emotions and it gets the best of us. The emotion of jealousy has no rhyme or rhythm. Everyone expresses jealousy completely different. Who is to say which way of expressing it is the right way. How many of us in one time in our life liked a guy and when you find out he likes another girl you hated the girl, even though you don't know her you hate her and than you hate him, it happens all the time.

I don't care what people say about how there is a right way and a wrong way to express your emotions because not everyone is a like in that aspect and that is what makes us human. A sad person doesn't have to cry to feel sad. My mom is an emotional person and if someone close to her died she would cry endless tears but my dad in the same situation even though he cares for this person deeply would not shed a tear even though we know in his heart he is heartbroken and we don't disregard how he handles the situation because that is how he handles it.

If everyone in this world are able to control their emotion regarding anything nice and calm everything in this world would be great but unfortunately the reality of it all is that humans aren't able to be perfect in that aspect. Emotions are what separates us from the other creatures of the world.

My beef with Soo-In is that she used Haru, yes used. She didn't want to be Haru's coach until she found out about her relationship with Hwal. Her initial intention was to go through Haru and that should be where Haru's anger should lie. But instead she still shows her respect which I don't agree she deserves.

I don't think Haru was lying when she said she got over him in the phone conversation, I believe she will try to suppress her emotion for Hwal but if it is successful we'll have to wait and see. :)

Hwal has never led Haru on in that way. He's been kind and caring towards her but never in a romantic way. No one is dismissing Haru's feelings...however, her behavior clearly reflects her immaturity. And telling Hwal that she's over him (which is a blatant lie) and ready to come back to Seoul and then trying to woo him is dishonorable.

im sorry to quote you.. but i think the reason that haru told hwal that she will disregard her feeling for hwal and will focus only for skate..i really dont think her intention is so malicious way just to come back to seoul and try to woo hwal..i think what she told hwal is what she decided to do..

(she can do it or not it's another thing..)

i think it has something to do with wal's death and pongho's words that make haru realize that..she should be focus on skating and if she dont want to lose hwal from her life... she should go back to be his sister..

i,too, think haru's action toward hwal and soin's relationship is kind of out of her character but again i don't want to judge her...just because..it's matter if you want to follow your head or your heart..

if you follow your head.. you will do the right thing even you have to suffer but nobody will blame you for being a bad person...if you follow your heart.. you will do what your heart wants regardless the consequence of your action..

i just hope that at the end of the day...everybody can be happy:)

Guest hjkomo

I don't think Haru was lying when she said she got over him in the phone conversation, I believe she will try to suppress her emotion for Hwal but if it is successful we'll have to wait and see. :)

i think what she told hwal is what she decided to do..

yes, she has decided to focus on skating...

but what she told Hwal was that she has resolved (past tense) her feelings for him...she's over him.

so, not only did she lie to him, she lied to herself. ;)

trying to suppress her feelings does not equal being completely over him

telling him she wants to hold his hand and crying and telling him she hates him does not equal trying to suppress her feelings ;)

Of course, she will give it a try, but as we've seen a glimpse of, she won't be successful.

I really liked her cuteness and vivacity before....and especially her interactions with HT and HY.

But my irritation with her in the first half of ep.8 just kept getting worse and worse.

I just hope PD Lee can give us more to go on. I'm all for her style of realism, but there's definitely something lacking when it comes to the Hwal/Haru pairing.

Guest asadal

m0624mhr-45_ilsses.jpg

m0625mhr-10_ilsses.jpg

m0625mhr-15_ilsses.jpg

m0625mhr1080-09-ilsses.jpg

m0625mhr1080-10-ilsses.jpg

m0625mhr1080-11-ilsses.jpg

Hwal has never led Haru on in that way. He's been kind and caring towards her but never in a romantic way.

Sure it was mostly one-sided, but to me Hwal should’ve said something when Haru was flirting with him during breakfast (like ‘what do you think you're doing? Blah blah‘) or when she was awkwardly staring at him in the car when they were sleeping. No one can be that dense. In fact, Hwal just shook it off as nothing. Said that she'll get over it, and that to me is cruel. He was giving her false hope, and little actions like shifting her hair means so much to her.

No one is dismissing Haru's feelings...however, her behavior clearly reflects her immaturity. And telling Hwal that she's over him (which is a blatant lie) and ready to come back to Seoul and then trying to woo him is dishonorable. <_<

All is fair in love and war ;) tee hee~

piano4112000 is the the voice of reason!

Guest iceey_blu

im kind of disappointed this drama isn't doing that well. i started it last week, and i love it. it has this light, slice-of-life feel to it that makes it really enjoyable. you would think that there isn't a lot of drama going on so it'll be boring, but it's nice to watch something that isn't melodramatic for once. it's so refreshing and modern!

i think it's so adorable, and sure the characters would come off as annoying to most people, but i find them endearing.

yes yes yes!!!

I so agree with you!

I watched this drama not because of the team behind this production but also bcuz of Yoon KyeSang.

So when I started, I always hope YKS will be with HARU!!!

oh well, looking at how it is going now, it seems impossible =(

But i believe if something blossoms out of Haru and PoongHo, its gonna b super ultra swt ;p

and if the story turns into how haru accepts tht a brother will always b a brother, and her realization strenghtens the bro-sis r/s PLUS

because they have strong bro-sis r/s ,haru helps soo in n hwal get together, it would b a happily-ever-after story!!!!

and it will b nice sitting back , enjoying how things turn out with a smile.

:):D;)

lol. The reason I started watching was for Yoon Kyesang and and Min Hyorin. xD

I thin kthat Poongho is the cutest thing ever. Keke. Especially when he punished

the little munchkins for messing with Haru. :D

I honestly don't see Hwal and Haru together AT ALL. lol.

I mean the age difference and I don't see chemistry.

I don't think Hwal led her on...Haru is just dense? Keke. Just kidding. :P

Guest gracefulmoonie
While Harus's behavior was "understandable" as a tantrum from a disappointed teenage girl...

that certainly didn't make it any less ANNOYING. The entire ordeal was grating to watch. :crazy:

Same with HT...looks like he's gonna do worse this week. <_<

Haru is making me want to throw stuff at the computer screen. <_<

the mention of HT is making me upset also, but he knows what he wants, and all I am going to say is that "he is going for the kill."

I just hope PD Lee can give us more to go on. I'm all for her style of realism, but there's definitely something lacking when it comes to the Hwal/Haru pairing.

My point exactly...I really like the style of this drama, similar to CP...but I am going to need to see how Hwal handles his feelings before I can give the Hwal/Haru pairing the green light.

Archived