►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest x-bang-x

2NE1 IN LONDON EVENING STANDARD NEWSPAPER

IMG_0649.jpg

Above, Popular London news paper ‘Evening Standard’ had written about kpop in london, see under the cut for more information!

The article reads:

Snaking around the edge of the Korean Cultural Centre on the Strand is a queue of about 600 teenagers. Every few minutes, a video camera zooms in on the action.

“Facebook … I got invited as I go to K-Pop nights all the time,” says one, when asked by the interviewer how she found out about it. “We’ve been here about an hour now so we’re quite excited,” cries a young male voice through the noise. “Big Bang, yeaaah. 2NE1, ahhh,” two girls then shriek at the camera, each hoping to get a place inside the tiny venue.

This was the scene from one of the many new nights being held in London, marking the city’s newest fixation with K-Pop. Not pop as we know it, this is a fresh brand of commercial contemporary music from South Korea and, because of sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, thousands of teens in Asia, America and now Europe are buying into it.

K-Pop’s three biggest groups – Big Bang, boy group Super Junior and girl pop rappers 2NE1 – have generated more than 45 million YouTube hits between them for their recent singles.

The latest one, by nine-piece electropop group Girls Generation, entitled Gee, has been viewed by more than 53 million, despite being sung in Korean and dotted with exclamations in English.

Since June, London fans have organised monthly flash mobs, re-enacting moves by their K-Pop idols in Trafalgar Square, while at an event held during the Mayor’s Thames Festival last month, 100,000 teens turned up to take part in K-Pop competitions and watch music videos together over one weekend.

Another night, Ultimate Cube, is planned for November 19 at Wimbledon Arena.

But while music constitutes one part of Korea’s latest export, K-Pop is more than just about singing. Like a Korean equivalent of a manufactured X Factor band, teen K-Poppers dressed in identikit rainbow-coloured outfits make peace signs and dance about in music videos, squeaking about teenage love.

“The age group really hooking onto K-Pop is 15-20,” says Paul Wadey from the Korean Cultural Centre.

“Our nights have been incredibly successful. We organised them on a first-come first-served basis but there were hundreds queuing. We didn’t advertise or anything and about 95 per cent were non-Koreans. It started with the style, not just the sound and the lyrics. It’s very, very slick and very attractive but at the same time, it’s different. It’s not mainstream Britpop music, it feeds into lots like rap, hip-hop, cinema. And lots of money and time goes into making those music videos,” he says.

Another team contributing to the K-Pop frenzy here are London-based Chinese brothers Jon and Jeremy Bock, who together run Kpopteam.com, a website which gathers 60,000 monthly hits from uploading details of London’s regular K-Pop club nights.

This Saturday sees a “sexy and glamorous” night, showcasing music by top K-Pop DJs and plans for a K-Pop themed Halloween are under way.

“At the moment K-Pop is marketable as the music is similar to R&B and hip hop,” says 30-year-old Jon Bock, “so the transition to the mainstream market is easier than other Asian music. When we play it at our club nights it fits in and even Westerners enjoy it. It’s different but at the same time not too different as they can still relate to the music.”

We’re not sure whether or not the cube concert will carry on this year (Of course we hope it will!) As soon as we find out more about the Cube concert, We will let Unitedkpop readers know.

Source: Evening Standard + unitedkpop credit Cap: ukYGqueens @ twitter

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cristina0422

Week 1 Recap: It’s Getting Hot

bnbvoteblog.jpg

By Samantha Edussuriya

October 3, 2011

With 1 week down and only 5 weeks left to go, the race to crown the next Best New Band in the world is off to a heated start…and it looks like some fans are just getting warmed up!

We knew you’d love our 10 sensational finalists, but we had no idea how much — in just 7 days, we’ve counted almost three quarters of a million votes from over 147 countries. Venezuelan dance punks La Vida Boheme rocketed off to an early start as their fanbase, La Resistance, stormed the polls with rebel yells of love and adoration.

Then, out of nowhere, came a giant Twitter-driven surge for K-pop starchildren 2NE1.

The two bands certainly have ardent fans, but we wouldn’t dream of trying to call it right now — since we revealed our finalists last week, events pushed Skrillex, Yuna, and Angus & Julia Stone into headlines. And last Friday, Atif Aslam fans in the global South Asian diaspora rallied en masse when the Pakistsani pop star directly appealed to his 3 million facebook fans.

By the way, let’s hear it for the Phillipines — second only to the US in number of votes cast this week! The small archipelago isn’t represented by a band in this campaign, but music lovers there are clearly both passionate and knowledgeable.

With so much happening in just the first week, we can’t wait to see how week 2 will unfold. Stay with us, and remember to keep voting for your favorite band!

source

London is going K-Pop crazy

Victoria Stewart

3 Oct 2011

Snaking around the edge of the Korean Cultural Centre on the Strand is a queue of about 600 teenagers. Every few minutes, a video camera zooms in on the action.

"Facebook … I got invited as I go to K-Pop nights all the time," says one, when asked by the interviewer how she found out about it. "We've been here about an hour now so we're quite excited," cries a young male voice through the noise. "Big Bang, yeaaah. 2NE1, ahhh," two girls then shriek at the camera, each hoping to get a place inside the tiny venue.

This was the scene from one of the many new nights being held in London, marking the city's newest fixation with K-Pop. Not pop as we know it, this is a fresh brand of commercial contemporary music from South Korea and, because of sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, thousands of teens in Asia, America and now Europe are buying into it.

K-Pop's three biggest groups - Big Bang, boy group Super Junior and girl pop rappers 2NE1 - have generated more than 45 million YouTube hits between them for their recent singles.

The latest one, by nine-piece electropop group Girls Generation, entitled Gee, has been viewed by more than 53 million, despite being sung in Korean and dotted with exclamations in English.

Since June, London fans have organised monthly flash mobs, re-enacting moves by their K-Pop idols in Trafalgar Square, while at an event held during the Mayor's Thames Festival last month, 100,000 teens turned up to take part in K-Pop competitions and watch music videos together over one weekend.

Another night, Ultimate Cube, is planned for November 19 at Wimbledon Arena.

But while music constitutes one part of Korea's latest export, K-Pop is more than just about singing. Like a Korean equivalent of a manufactured X Factor band, teen K-Poppers dressed in identikit rainbow-coloured outfits make peace signs and dance about in music videos, squeaking about teenage love.

"The age group really hooking onto K-Pop is 15-20," says Paul Wadey from the Korean Cultural Centre.

"Our nights have been incredibly successful. We organised them on a first-come first-served basis but there were hundreds queuing. We didn't advertise or anything and about 95 per cent were non-Koreans. It started with the style, not just the sound and the lyrics. It's very, very slick and very attractive but at the same time, it's different. It's not mainstream Britpop music, it feeds into lots like rap, hip-hop, cinema. And lots of money and time goes into making those music videos," he says.

Another team contributing to the K-Pop frenzy here are London-based Chinese brothers Jon and Jeremy Bock, who together run Kpopteam.com, a website which gathers 60,000 monthly hits from uploading details of London's regular K-Pop club nights.

This Saturday sees a "sexy and glamorous" night, showcasing music by top K-Pop DJs and plans for a K-Pop themed Halloween are under way.

"At the moment K-Pop is marketable as the music is similar to R&B and hip hop," says 30-year-old Jon Bock, "so the transition to the mainstream market is easier than other Asian music. When we play it at our club nights it fits in and even Westerners enjoy it. It's different but at the same time not too different as they can still relate to the music."

source

Guest dragon-rider

[scans] 2NE1 on Japanese Magazine, Shuukan Josei

W9p8I.jpg

ZaRpt.jpg

[scans] 2NE1 On The Cover Of ‘Mini’ Magazine

tMqgK.jpg

NxWpU.jpg

[scans] 2NE1 Featured in Japanese Magazine ‘Kan Fun No. 22′

pqoWq.jpg

ifnxP.jpg

Source: DARAsama_, 70ak12 // As tagged + sieljjang@clbaddestfemale

Guest cristina0422

[NEWS] 2NE1 TV Japan Concert, Exclusive Public Revelation Made Sandara Park and Park Bom Shed Tears?

picture1mn.png

The behind the scenes story of group 2NE1‘s first concert in Japan would be released exclusively in Mnet’s “2NE1 TV Live Worldwide.“

At 6:00PM of October 4th, the broadcast would release “2NE1 TV Live in Japan” showing the preparations and snippets of the live performances of the Japan concert, “NOLZA IN JAPAN” held last month until earlier this month.

Everything about the 2NE1 Japan concert would be revealed, from memorizing new Japanese lyrics, to lacking sleep, and even the tensions that the girls felt during preparations, and the passionate response of the Japanese fans.

This episode broadcast was organized, despite the fact that “2NE1 TV Live Worldwide” came to a finish 2 weeks ago, because of the massive special requests from the fans.

The 2NE1 members, shed some tears upon hearing the news that “2NE1 TV Live in Japan” would be the final episode of “2NE1 TV.”

The unnie team, Sandara Park and Park Bom said, “It’s really sad that this would be the last, but thank you so much, 2NE1 TV. Is it really true that this is the final episode?” they said, showing their infinite affection for 2NE1 TV, which has been there together with them since their debut.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20111004n21007

Translated by: SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara/ BlackjackBelle@OhDara

[NEWS] Ryu Shi Won picks Jang Geun Suk, 2NE1 as most likely to succeed in Japan

One of the original Hallyu stars, actor Ryu Shi Won, recently attended a fan meeting celebrating his 40th birthday, and reporters were interested to hear his thoughts on who would carry the Hallyu torch next.

Prior to his fan meeting, Ryu Shi Won participated in a press conference, where he was asked to pick the hoobaes that would succeed in Japan. Ryu Shi Won answered, “Jang Geun Suk is currently receiving a lot of love in Japan as an actor and a singer. I think he’s a good match for Japan and knew he’d do well.”

He continued, “I’ve praised SNSD before to a Japanese record label, and what do you know, they’re currently receiving a lot of popuarity [in Japan] now. I heard that 2NE1 is also preparing their debut, and since they have such a distinct style, I think they will do well.”

1,000 fans attended Ryu Shi Won’s birthday event at the Hyundai Hotel in Gyeongju.

Source: Star News

Translated: AKP

Guest sjaikb

2NE1 TV Season 3 E14-1 (KOR)

2NE1 TV Season 3 E14-2 (KOR)

s: 2NE1 YT

YG's Big Bang & 2NE1 Recognized By MTV Europe & MTV US

Big Bang and 2NE1 have been nominated for the European and US MTV Awards.

Starting with Big Bang, the guys have been nominated for the World Wide Asia Pacific Award at the 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards to be held in Northern Ireland on November 6th. This is alongside other nominees like Japan's EXILE and Indonesia's Agnes Monica.

The EMAs are one of the MTV's major three award shows (along with MTV Music Awards and the MTV Music Video Awards), being broadcast to 150 countries to 600 million households.

Fellow label-mates, 2NE1 was posted in the top 10 for the Best New Band In THe World for the US MTV's network MTV Iggy. This list is a great opportunity for international acts to gain recognition abroad. In fact, the now well established Asian-American group Far East Movement also first gained nods through this show.

Other acts listed were England's Ghostpoet, the US's Skrillex, and others from Mexico, Australia and Venezuela.

Source: KBS

Guest dragon-rider

111004 DARA's me2day update

21dara131771188001792.jpg

밍끼가 항상 가는 하라주쿠 크레페 먹으러 언니라인이 떳다! 빠밤!!!ㅋㅋㅋ 뭐먹을지~ 고민하는중!^_^ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 냠냠냠~!

Mingkki always goes at this place in Harajuku to eat crepe, and now the unnie line has come to check it out! Ppabam!!! Ke ke ke What should I eat~ Worrying! ^_^ Ke ke ke ke ke ke ke Nyam nyam nyam~!

Source: Dara’s me2day

Translated by: BlackjackBelle@OhDara/ SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara

Guest dragon-rider

111004 DARA's update

21dara13177179732584.jpg

이제 곧..투애니원 티비 마지막회 일본편 방송이네요.진짜 마지막이라니까..방송을 못보겟어요ㅠㅠ넘 슬퍼서!그래도 여러분들이 우리 보고싶고 일본활동 궁금해할까봐 특별히!연장한거니까 꼭봐줘요^_^근데 우리가 꼭 그렇게 서럽게울엇어야햇는지?아직 잘모르겟어용!ㅋ리다한테낚엿나?ㅠ

Tags: 잠시후 6시 엠넷! 투애니원티비 시즘3 마지막회 채널고정!!! ㅠ.ㅠ

Really soon… It’s 2NE1 TV’s last episode featuring our Japan tour. It’s really the last episode now… I can’t view it ㅠㅠ I’m really sad! However, if you guys are wondering about our activities in Japan, then you have to see this special! Please don’t miss out on our extended broadcast ^_^ But did we really have to cry our eyes out like that? I’m still not sure if we were patronized! Ke Did Leadah do it on purpose? ㅠ

Tags: Shortly at 6:00 on Mnet! Stay tuned for 2NE1 TV Season 3 last episode!!! ㅠ.ㅠ

21dara131773639810701.jpg

한국도착!!! 마중나온 천둥다둥!!!!!!!!! +.+ 꺄아~!!!!!!!!! 귀여워~!!!!

I’ve arrived in Korea!!! Cheondung and Dadung came out to meet me!!!!!!!!! +.+ Kkyaaa~!!!!!!!!! So cute~!!!!

111005 DARA's me2day update

21dara131774593288229.jpg

투애니원 티비 마지막방송을 재방송으로 봤어요…..ㅠ.ㅠ 이별은 싫은데 정말 이별이 와버렸네요? 오늘만큼은 정말 슬퍼요.. 굿밤 ㅠㅠ

I’m watching the re-run broadcast of 2NE1 TV last episode…..ㅠ.ㅠ Separating is really hard and sad, but is it really time to say farewell now? Today is a really sad day.. Good night ㅠㅠ

Source: Dara’s Me2Day (www.me2day.net/21dara)

Translated by: BlackjackBelle@OhDara/ SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara

Guest cristina0422

[NEWS] La Vida Boheme Thinks 2NE1 will Win MTV Iggy Best Band

3. MTV Iggy Best Band – who do you think will be your toughest competition?

It’s hard to tell. We really love that the competition has brought to our eyes a bunch of bands we had no clue about and actually are amazing. Plus, it’s a real honor to be nominated with people like Ximena. We are fans of her work.

We think 2ne1 are the ones that are going to win. They are gorgeous! Plus, they are huge in South Korea, right? We kinda feel like the rascals that crashed the party because someone left the door open…but we like that [laughs]. Hope we can crash this kind of party more often.

La Vida Boheme and 2NE1 are leading the race in the poll for next the Best New Band in the World

Blackjack, Keep on Voting!!!

source

I just find this cute. :wub:

2NE1’s Park Bom and Sandara Park Fangirling Over Boku Seka Boys

picture10kw.png

Park Bom chooses Tori Matsuzuka

Sandara Park chooses Osamu Mukai

Upon knowing they choose a different guy, they high five each other. LOL.

Aigoo~ These Park (Sisters) Ahjummas. kekeke

They are the lead actors in the Japanese movie “Bokutachi wa Sekai wo Kaeru Koto ga Dekinai” (We Can’t Change The World But, We Wanna Build a School in Cambodia)

source

cuties - osamu mukai and tori matsuzuka

Archived