• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cristina0422

MTV IGGY's Best New Band in the World 2011

bnbtopbanner4.png

Choose the Next Global Superstar!

Here at MTV Iggy headquarters we listen to a lot of music. Not only do fans, publicists, and labels flood our mailboxes and inboxes with albums, we scour and sift through the internet — turning up every rock and MySpace account to find the bleeding edge of the newest, hottest music from around the world. The kind of raw talent that makes you want to dance, cry, scream with joy…all at once.

We compiled the most exciting 10 bands – gleefully anarchic dance punks from Venezuela, impishly charming folk singers from Malaysia, deadpan grime rappers from the UK, to taste just three – and ask you, our readers, to crown the best. You’ve only got 6 weeks so click inside and help us find MTV Iggy’s Best New Band in the World!

picture7xg.png

VOTE

1. Just click on 2NE1 (South Korea) banner.

2. A pop-up will appear.

3. Highlight and click the 5 stars for your vote to be cast (it will appear as red).

4. Voting is unlimited. You can vote as many as you can.

5. Share it with your friends! Spread The Love!

picture1zc.png

picture3br.png

picture6qss.png

Guest dragon-rider

[iNTERVIEW] 2NE1′s Interview For CHOA Magazine

2ne1choa.jpg

Holding a great influence on the lifestyle of young women in South Korea, 4-member dance and vocal group, 2NE1, has finally made their debut in Japan on September 21st. Big Bang’s younger siblings, they have a unique mix of hip-hop and R&B music, and always brings something fresh everytime they come out with new songs in Korea, resulting to ranking number 1 every time. With their edgy fashion and make-up, they have been a standard that young women imitate.

On the onset of their Japanese debut, we’ve asked these four people what is in their hearts and to introduce themselves:

● Finally, the long-awaited Japan debut is here! [T/N: These, the ones in bullets, are the ones in the red bordered boxes]

CL

Actually, I spent 7 years of my childhood living here in Japan. That’s why there’s a certain familiar feeling, like being back home. Also we wanted to really meet the Japanese fans soon, so we made preparations to come here fast. So the four members really prepared a lot since September.

● They were initially scheduled to debut last spring. But while they were here in Japan last March, Tokyo and a major part of eastern Japan, experienced a major earthquake, thus postponing their debut.

CL

We were preparing for our TV broadcast, when the earthquake happened suddenly. I don’t remember it clearly, but I do remember being so scared. So we had to temporarily leave Japan, but our hearts went out to all the Japanese people who were hurt.

BOM

In the past, I already experienced an earthquake while I was still living in the United States, but it was the first time that I experienced an earthquake that strong.

DARA

I also experienced earthquakes while I lived in the Philippines, but they weren’t as scary as the one (in Japan). When it happened, I got so scared that I felt sick, then there were the aftershocks. But I wanted to really come back because I was thinking of the fans who were waiting for us in Japan.

MINZY

It was the first time for me to experience an earthquake. At that time, I had an emotional/mental turmoil. But then I thought of everyone in Japan who are fans of our music, and it really helped me heal and that thought helped me calm my mind and recover.

● To change the mood of the interview, we asked the members to please introduce each other to CHOA.

BOM

MINZY is a child who has really deep thoughts, and though she’s the youngest, for me she’s like a same-age friend, and sometimes she’s like a mother. So her nickname is Minji-unnie. Ha ha!

MINZY

CL is very powerful and charismatic on-stage. But during other times, she’s sweet and really deep too, she’s number one in taking care of people. She’s like the neighborhood unnie.

CL

DARA is someone who doesn’t open up fast. But when the relationship between you and her improves, she’s really very affectionate. Also she’s thoughtful and though she doesn’t seem like it at first, she’s also very sweet. She’s also the mood-maker of the group, she makes everyone happy.

BOM

Yes, yes!! She used to speak to us through email because she was so shy. (everyone laughs)

DARA

90% of our fans are all women, but there are also male fans because of BOM‘s cute voice and shapely legs. She’s our hidden card. Ha ha When she is around, you will never get bored. A person with her character will only come out once in every 100 years.

Source: CHOA Magazine

Translations:

Japanese to Korean: NAO

Korean to English: SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara/ BlackjackBelle@OhDara

110928 DARA Me2day Update

ft9yi.jpg

와쌉?!? 좋은하루 보내고 계신가요~?난 오랜만에 가족들과 즐거운 시간보내고있어용!^.^이건 어제 촬영때 한복입은 모습..으히히 팜므파탈 싼진이!를 원했으나..몬가 어색어색ㅋㅋ뭬야!!!ㅡㅡ++?ㅋㅋ해외 미친분들에게~우리 한복의 아름다움을 알리기위하여 사진투척!뿅!^^;

Wassup?!? Are you having a nice day~? I'm spending some enjoyable time with my family after so long!^.^ This is what I looked like yesterday wearing a Hanbok for our shoot.. ehehe I wanted to be the Femme Fatal Ssan-Jini but.. I look kind of awkward ke ke What is this!!!ㅡㅡ++? Keke in order to show my overseas me2day friends~ the beauty of our Hanboks, I'm throwing you guys this picture! Bbyong!^^;

Source: Dara's me2day

Translated by: GEE @ygladies.com

MTV IGGY's Best New Band in the World 2011

*quoted image*

Choose the Next Global Superstar!

Here at MTV Iggy headquarters we listen to a lot of music. Not only do fans, publicists, and labels flood our mailboxes and inboxes with albums, we scour and sift through the internet — turning up every rock and MySpace account to find the bleeding edge of the newest, hottest music from around the world. The kind of raw talent that makes you want to dance, cry, scream with joy…all at once.

We compiled the most exciting 10 bands – gleefully anarchic dance punks from Venezuela, impishly charming folk singers from Malaysia, deadpan grime rappers from the UK, to taste just three – and ask you, our readers, to crown the best. You’ve only got 6 weeks so click inside and help us find MTV Iggy’s Best New Band in the World!

*quoted image*

VOTE

1. Just click on 2NE1 (South Korea) banner.

2. A pop-up will appear.

3. Highlight and click the 5 stars for your vote to be cast (it will appear as red).

4. Voting is unlimited. You can vote as many as you can.

5. Share it with your friends! Spread The Love!

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

ATTENTİON!!!!!!!   MY FRİENDS  PLEASE PUT THE LİNK  ON 2NE1 FACEBOOK PAGE THİS WİLL HELP THEM A LOT...

Guest dragon-rider

Guys, check out the super cute fancam of CL at Nolcon in Kobe: http://chaelin0226.ivyro.net/bbs/view.php?id=data&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=623

Credit: leechaelin.com

Gawh I cannot handle her cuteness anymore. She was doing some cute pose when a fan threw a teddy bear on stage and she stopped and picked it up. Then she became so hyped and excited after catching the teddy bear. She asked Ji Hye to keep it for her and I really like Ji Hye's "It's awesome" expression then :lol:

Guest dragon-rider

[NEWS] 110928 “2NE1’s Impersonation Contest” to be held

To Commemorate [NOLZA] Topping Charts,

An urgent decision to hold “2NE1’s Impersonation Contest”

To commemorate 2NE1’s debut album topping the charts,

Urgent decisions were made for the “2NE1 Impersonation Contest” to be held on the last day of the [2NE1 1st Japan Tour “NOLZA in Japan”] Tour on the 2nd of October.

To participate in the contest,

All you need to do is impersonate as 2NE1(any of member) and go to the "なりきり2NE1コンテスト(2NE1 Impersonation Contest)” booth right beside the NOLZA merchandise store at the venue for the concert!

On the concert day itself, staff and cameramen will be stationed at the “"なりきり2NE1コンテスト(2NE1 Impersonation Contest)” booth to take pictures of everyone.

4 winning photos will be personally chosen by each of the 2NE1 members for the “CL award”, “Bom award”, “Minzy award” as well as the “Dara award”!

Winners of this contest will be announced through the 2NE1’s official blog!

Winners of this contest will have a chance to win rare prizes like the “TOUR STAFF PASS(Artiste/With signature)”!

Contest deadline: 2nd October 2011 (Sun) , 13:00-16:00

- If it is a group participation, the winning group will get all 4 “TOUR STAFF PASSES”

- Depending on the weather conditions of the day itself, the event may be canceled

- On the day of the event, please obey all instructions given by our relating staffs.

Participants refusing to follow instructions provided by the staff will face suspension from the contest and eligible to compete.

In addition, organizers are not held responsible for any accidents caused by the failure to obey rules.

- We hope you understand if changes in details or even event cancellation were to happen.

Source: Avex

Translations by: 老牆@2NE1baidubar, soh0712@YGLadies

Guest cristina0422

posted?

Who is Jay Park’s favorite girl group?

Singer Jay Park recently confessed that his favorite girl group was none other than 2NE1!

Jay Park’s upcoming movie, ‘Mr. Idol‘, held a press conference on September 28th to promote their movie to the media. During the Q&A session, the cast members were asked to name their favorite idol group. Jay Park chose 2NE1, and his co-star Im Won Hee concurred. Actress Park Ye Jin also chose 2NE1, but named Big Bang as well. Meanwhile, Ji Hyun Woo chose Chocolat and Jang Seo Won picked SNSD.

Jay Park’s movie ‘Mr. Idol’ will be released in October.

Source: Star Today

Taken:AKP

[VID] Jay talk about 2NE1 at Mr.Idol's Press Con 110928

solbe11@YT

Guest dragon-rider

[TRANS][MAGAZINE] 2NE1′s Interview in Monthly TV Guide

tvmonthlyguideseptember.jpg

Black Eyed Peas’ Will.I.Am is only one of the top artists who expressed his high praises for the talented South Korean group, 2NE1, who are finally debuting in Japan with the release of their first album, NOLZA. Their debut album is a mix of R&B and HIPHOP, showing a unique variety of music.

Member CL said "This is the product of 2NE1′s essence and ambitious work".

DARA

Our producer, TEDDY, especially gave it an expressive power, and the vocals were good, giving it an excellent finish. I recommend the song " I AM THE BEST" when driving, "naega jeil jalnaga" it makes me want to sing.

CL

The Intro remained in Korean, and some of the PHRASES too, it was our first time to sing in Japanese. We retained some of the original Korean to save nuances.

BOM

I have trouble when recording Japanese and Korean because of my pronunciation, which is a mess.

MINZY

In the UGLY MV, there was fire and explosions. Because we stayed up all night shooting it, we took special care about it looked. In addition, because of DON’T STOP THE MUSIC’s tempo, I sing it when I hope to relieve some tension.

Beginning on September 19th, they will meet 70,000 Japanese fans in their first live concert.

BOM

At first, I really felt pressured, but before we debuted in Japan, BIG BANG’s SOL told me, "In Japan, just do the same work as you do in Korea. Don’t let is put pressure on your shoulders, but just enjoy it." And because of what he told me, my mind was more at ease. I’d want to show 2NE1, without the frills, but just us and our talent.

DARA

2NE1′s motto has always been “Let’s play (T/N: Nolja/nolza).” I wish we could play and jump well in Japan too.

Source: Junon Magazine

Scanned by: Nao

Japanese to Korean Translation by: Nao

Korean to English Translation by: SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara/ BlackjackBelle@OhDara

Archived