►►YG________♠ 21 (2NE1) Official Thread ♫♪

Poop-Shoop-A-Loop

Guest kaypie

How are they doing in the charts now?

CL looks elegant in that picture. A departure

from the usual style that they usually don.

Minzy updated with a picture of the dancers?

• Replies 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peppermintx

I can't wait till 2NE1 makes a comeback on stage with UGLY & Hate You!!!!!

their MVs are always amazingggggggggggggg

it would be cool if they really made 2ne1 cartoon episodes. :P

Guest sjaikb

2NE1 members' episodes while filming <Ugly> MV wil be unveiled for the first time. 29th July 6pm only on Mnet!

26281813959755945743611.jpg

Source: MnetKR Facebook

Guest danger_girl

there's no much close up for dara... is it because she is really beautiful? :) love this the song! hands down to Teddy

Guest dragon-rider

there was no comeback teaser of 2NE1 in MCD yesterday. I'm worried if they will perform next week in MCD or not :(. They should have more stage performances to increase their chance of winning, especially when Super Juniors comeback next week.

Something to share to make this post less spamm-ish :P

[ARTICLE] Korean girl group 2NE1 hopes to return to Singapore

The four girls promised to come back “should there be a chance”

2ne11.jpg

Dubbed Korea’s fiercest female group, 2NE1 was in town as part of the 10-group line-up for the Korean Music Wave 2011 on July 15.

Four-member 2NE1 first appeared in a commercial jingle ‘Lollipop’ with their seniors Big Bang, before making an official debut with the single Fire in May 2009. Following the release of their first mini-album2NE1, the group’s fame skyrocketed internationally.

Famous Hollywood blogger Perez Hilton, more than once, featured the group’s latest music videos on his site. Renowned American fashion designer Jeremy Scott is known to be good friends with CL — the leader of 2NE1 — and had given the girls some dresses as gifts. will.i.am from The Black-Eyed Peas even worked with the group on their future American promotions.

CL, Bom, Dara and Minzy sat down with xinmsn for a short interview before their performance at the Korean Music Wave 2011.

This was 2NE1′s first visit to Singapore. When asked if they had any impression of our country, CL enthusiastically said her mother told her that “it’s a beautiful country”.

Seventeen-year-old Minzy, the youngest in the group, added that she’s excited to be travelling and performing in different places and felt “lucky” when compared to friends of the same age.

minzy.jpg

2NE1 on being role models

2NE1 has a large fan base, but unlike other girl groups in Korea, the majority of Blackjacks (fans of 2NE1) are females. One reason they are popular with females is their lyrics, which often described female independence and empowerment.

What was it like being looked upon as role models for girls?

“We express ourselves through singing and performing. Because we’re almost the same age [as our fans], we hope to connect with them through our lyrics,” CL answered fluently in English.

62798254.jpg

The 20-year-old leader added that they had been looking forward to see their local fans.

If one doesn’t understand the reach of their influences, just take a look at Blackjacks.

According to CL, one of their most unique fan experiences they had was to see their fans dressed up like them.

“The same hair colour, same clothes and the same kind of look! Sometimes I wonder where do they even get that?” CL exclaimed in amazement.

2NE1 on their fashion hiccups

Known for their distinct and futuristic fashion — Dara sported a memorable rocket hairstyle during their Fire days — Bom voted for CL when the group was asked who the fashionista of the group was.

However, CL clarified, “We’re usually dressed in bright colours and we dress according to our personalities. All of us have our own styles.”

bom1j.jpg

Any fashion hiccups then?

“Maybe my skirt’s too short at times,” the 27-year-old Bom said thoughtfully. The girl was well-known for wearing tight dresses, which showed off her curves and legs.

“Sometimes we do [an action] too hard, and the results don’t come out like we expected,” CL explained.

Dara on her younger brother

Perhaps it was the first-time jitters, but 27-year-old Dara — who took on the position of 2NE1′s ‘PR officer’ earlier this year — was unusually quiet during the interview.

It wasn’t until the subject of the interview shifted towards her younger brother Thunder (from boy band MBLAQ), that she began talking.

dara4.jpg

“She loves her brother!” CL quipped, before proceeding to dish the dirt on Dara. “She [Dara] woke up at 7am just to visit her brother before we came to Singapore!”

The girls also shared their upcoming plans.

CL let on that they had been releasing a new digital track since June, beginning with vocalist Bom’s solo track ‘Don’t Cry’. Their latest single ‘Hate You’ was released on the midnight of July 21.

Just yesterday, the group dropped their second mini album and revealed the music video of their title track ‘Ugly’.

2ne12v.jpg

Possibility of a showcase in Singapore?

Would 2NE1 return to Singapore with a solo showcase?

“We hope to come back again for our own show and to be able to meet our fans in a more intimate setting,” CL said.

2NE1 performed five of their hit songs including ‘Fire’, ‘Lonely’, ‘I’m the Best’, ‘Can’t Nobody’ and ‘I Don’t Care’ at the Korean Music Wave 2011.

VIEW VIDEO (Backstage with 2NE1 at Korean Music Wave 2011) HERE

Credits: Text: Joelle Chong

Video: Fiona Lin & Teng Siew Eng

Source: xinmsn Entertainment

Taken from DaraIsMyHappyPill@ohdara

Guest dragon-rider

110728 DARA's me2day update

21dara131186810982531.jpg

CD authentication shot with stickers decorating it! But ke ke lately, I have been very busy with preparations and other stuff that I couldn’t think of anything more to make this look more special… which is absolutely not an excuse at all Ke ke ke Hey! Simplicity is a good thing too! *laugh* Darong style! ^.^ Ke ke ke It’s neat~!

darame2day2.jpg

NoljaCon’s one more addition’s ticketing seems to be almost over right?!? ^.^ Did you guys buy the tickets?!? Kya!!! Just thinking of playing well is making my heart go thump, thump!!! I heard that applicants for the concert tour in Japan was close to 100,000 people! That’s so awesome! I hope that in Korea, more and more people would get to enjoy the concert too! +.+

darame2day1.jpg

Jja-jyan!!! This is the 2NE1 mini album! +.+ It was released today, hot~hot! Album! ^0^ The sticker is connected to the album’s side?? Everyone who buys this in YG E-SHOP, I’m asking you to share~ how to make the CD look charming~ put decorations! ^_^ It’s cute right??? The stickers are pretty~ Upload and attach your authentication shots after!!!

Source: Dara’s Me2day

Translated by: SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara / BlackjackBelle@OhDara

Manager Park is doing her work really well huh? :P

At first I thought that the CD really had the 'Teddy +2NE1' on it.

But it was all due to DARA's creative work of art :sweatingbullets:

DARA is really doing an awesome job in

pre-promots & post-promotions for their singles ever

since she had that PR title. & she can be such a teaser too.

I wouldn't be surprised if ever one day any of the other

groups have a 'PR' within their members itself too,like 2NE1.

YG PAPA is really a sweetie at how

he gives each of them a chance to showcase

what they want to do & give recognition for it.

Guest sjaikb

iTunes Store Top 10 Electronic Albums

# 2 US, # 4 - Italy, # 2 - New Zealand, # 1 - Sweden

2NE1 – iTunes Top Electronic Album Chart (US)

iTunes_Top_Electronic_Album_Chart_us.jpg

Source: YG Life

DARA'S ME2DAY

21dara_1311942227_46176.jpg

안녕하십니까!^_^ 꾸벅!(__)저는 여러분들이 어글리 영어가사를 조금 더 친근하게 느낄수있도록 도와줄 싼선생입니다! 과외선생님으로 변신! 짜쟌!+.+ 이제 이것만 잇으면 발음도 쉽게 따라할수있고 뜻도 잘 이해가되실거에용!싼선생과 함께 우리모두 영어울렁증 탈출!홧팅!!

Hello!^_^ Bow!(__) This is Teacher Ssan who's going to help everyone become more familiar with the English lyrics in Ugly! I'm transforming into a private teacher! Tada! +.+ Now with this alone, you'll be able to pronounce it easily, and you'll understand it better as well! Together with Teacher Ssan, let's all escape from our fear of English!

TAGS: 인기가요 오시는 랙잭이들~ 일요일까지 이거 잘 연습해서와요! ^.^

Blackjacks who will be coming to Inkigayo~ Please practice this well until Sunday!^.^

21dara_1311918364_55121.jpg

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 다둥이의 하소연! “가사가 다 영어에요!ㅠㅠ 나처럼 영어랑 친하지않은 사람들은 어쩌라고~~~ㅠㅠ” 라고하네요 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 다둥아 ㅋㅋㅋ 내가 도와줄게!!! ^.^ 걱정마!!!ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Ke ke ke ke ke ke Dadoong's complaint! She's saying, "The lyrics are all in English!ㅠㅠ What should the people who aren't familiar with English do, like me~~~ㅠㅠ" Ke ke ke ke ke ke Hey Dadoong ke ke ke I'll help you!!!^.^ Don't worry!!! Ke ke ke ke ke ke ke ke

b06k1.jpg

잠시후~!!! 6시 엠넷 채널고정!!! 투애니원 티비 하는날이잖아요!!! 오늘은 어글리 뮤직비디오 촬영현장이 나올거에요!ㅋㅋ중간중간 쉬는시간에 뭐하고 노는지 글구 많은 폭파씬들을 제일 무서워햇던 사람은 누군지!ㅋ최피디님이 우리가 편집해달라는것만 다 넣는다는 소문이!ㅠㅋ

In a while~!!! At 6PM, keep your channels on MNET!!! Today they're broadcasting 2NE1 TV!!! Today the M/V filming set for UGLY will be shown! Ke ke What were we doing during the break time in the middle, and also who was the most frightened for the explosion scene! Ke I heard a rumour that Choi PD-nim left in the whole part that we asked to him to edit out!ㅠ Ke

fF9yv.jpg

오마이갓!!!…… 투애니원 티비 봤어요?!?ㅠ.ㅠ 최피디님… 으악!!!!! 우리의 이미지는 어디로~?!? 어글리 뮤비촬영때 넘 힘든나머지 뭘했는지 무슨말을 했는지도 기억도 못하고있다가 보면서 깜놀깜놀!ㅋㅋㅋ투마치 인포메이션!ㅠㅠ우리 그런애들 아니에요ㅋ_-_

Oh my god!!!...... Did you watch 2NE1TV?!? ㅠ.ㅠ Choi PD-nim... ack!!!!!! What happened to our image~?!? During the M/V filming, I was so tired I coudln't remember what we did or what we said so while watching 2NE1TV I was shocked! Ke ke ke Too much information!*ㅠㅠ We are not these kind of girls ke _-_

*- t/n this was Konglish

Source: Dara's me2day

translated by: GEE @ YGL

Archived