Dying Black Hair Black?

rantasarus

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Little Eunstar

No, my friend did that so that her hair would be so dark it looks blue.

I think it depends how it looks on you :)

Guest xx_melody

It might look like a wig, or it might not even show up at all. I think it depends on your usual color. But no, it wouldn't be weird...it would suck if nothing showed up though.

Guest OukaKioshi

usually natural black hair

is like brownish toned.. .. really dark brown

but when you dye your hair black

its more like REALLy dark blue.. so thats hte difference XD.. it does look more black tho.. .. cept under light it might look blue lmao

Guest kamui_hime

it depends, if you buy a natural black color, you can avoid the blue tint.

i dyed my hair last year a bright orange, and when it started to grow out, i decided to dye the entire thing black. i used a 'natural black' hair dye and when it was done, it was SO black! almost jet black, my friend said that i looked emo when i wore a black and white shirt lol. but luckily i accidently bought non-permanent dye so its sort of been washing out. now it looks like my natural hair color more or less...

actually, when it was jet black, my sister and i agreed that it was really cool looking, so i'd say give it a try if you're a daredevil :) but i dont really suggest a dye with a blue tint....

Guest vintageballad

I think it's eh.. Why would you dye your hair more black when it's already black? Makes no sense. "/

Guest daBear

Actually, I do this regularly.

My hair is black, but not jet black. And having jet black can really contrast your looks. I usually use permanent black dye (jet black), as semi-permanent black doen't show up very well on black. Blue-black usually works with better if you have really fair skin, otherwise it'll make your skin look dull.

I can't remember which dye i used, but they are the L'Oreal ones.

Guest luv_ly_aZN

no it's not weird at all....my hair is really dark..close to jet black and i had it bleached light...few months later i got really sick of bright colours and decided to go dark again then i went back to died my hair with black (jet black) it might seems werid when u first died it back to clack but about 1-2 wks later the black actually ogt lighter and it blends in which makes ur hair look natural??? I don't know how to explain after 2 wks my hair actually looks alright with the black..it doesnt look blue or looks like i re-died it. So I guess it depends on ur natural hair colour. Is ur natural hair colour dark...???

Guest mintpanda

i heard that hair is never truly black, only a darkdark brown-ish.

so dying it jetblack would be a nice choice, especially if you get a bright colored bangs/highlights. i suggest jetblack with bright dark red bangs, or tail. purple or blue can work too(:

Guest chipmunkvoice

my natural hair is more of a dark brown... but i dyed it black blue once.

after a while... it faded a bit and began looking a tad grey T-T so i went back to brown...

black looks good on some people.... on others, it makes your hair look like a wig :x

It sounded weird when I first read the topic title but yeah, if you're trying to get a really good color for your hair, I guess you can do it if you wanted to. I dyed my hair last year and I haven't dyed it back yet and half of my hair is colored, half isn't. My hair isn't really dark brown, it's more of a dark black to me, when I go out into the sun, it just stays black. I was thinking maybe I could dye it back or let it grow out, but maybe the half part of hair that's colored will be a different tone just because it's a really bright shade of red-orange. If you do plan to dye black on black, then find the right shade and decide whether you want it semi-permanent or permanent.

Guest forgottenmemories

I dyed my hair brown a couple months back, and when I went to the salon to get it dyed back to black, the girl dyed my hair to jet black and I LOVED it. It fits my haircut so well. I was in love with my jet black hair even though all my friends called me emo. Lol. But then it started fading and now my ends has a brown tint to it. I don't know if it fades or not if you dyed your natural dark brown hair to black, but when it fades, thats when its not fun anymore. :(

Guest treehunny

of course it depends on the person, but i personally think it IS strange to dye your hair black if your hair is already of that variant. seems kind of pointless, not to mention unnatural-looking. :/

Guest janetO

I was born with pitch black hair.

Whenever I went out in the sun, there was no brown tint to it or anything until now that ive been dying my hair for years, when my hair grows back it looks a tad brown

Guest iPhets

^same. i straighten it everyday now and its starting to have a brown tint :(

and i never heard of people with black hair going darker lol,

just going lighter o.o

it wouldn't be weird if you wanted the blue tint

Guest limexsoda

I actually just dyed mine black black two days ago

I think asian ppl with jet black hair look REALLY nice, especially if they're pale hahaha

so nooo not weird at all : P

Guest Baby.doll

Natural black hair looks dark-brown in the sunlight. I think its okay to dye it black o.o

This is kind of off topic but I have a question...

If you have coloured hair and you wanted to dye it another colour, after the new colour fades, would the old colour still be there?

I know its a dumb question but I wanna dye my hair again.

Guest FumiHime

My hair is turning a bit reddish and i don't like it, so I'm gonna dye is black again. I don't think it's weird to dye your hair blacker.

Guest Haengb0kk

lol i did that before

made my hair look fake!

hmm depends on the person i guess

some ppl could pull it off

like that ulzzang girl

something something namji?

Archived