Dying Black Hair Black?

rantasarus

Guest HeartOnHerSleeve

No. That's what I did, to get that punkish look (which I totally abandoned a long time ago.)

If you do dye your hair black, pleeaase get the temporary or semi-permanent kind. You might regret it and it will be really hard to get the black dye out of your hair.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest XDinnocent

NO!

I want to do it but if i asked my mom,

i think she'll think it's pointless;

-.-"

But yeah;

Go for it!

:)

Guest happy.dimples

I don't think it's odd~

My friend did it like 2 weeks ago, and it looks really nice on her. :)

well, my friend redyed her hair back to black since she was getting tired of her faded brownish color (i think?)

personally, i think it looks kind of punkish. it's more black and not as natural (and kind of made her face look

paler) but it started to look fine a few weeks later. (probably cuz i got used to it...)

Guest chocopocky

Haha. I used to think it's weird but some people can pull off the blue/black tint! :]

makes you look kinda emo-ish? idk lol

Guest iota

It seems kind of pointless to me. I've seen a few people who've done it and it just looked really weird and unnatural. If you don't mind that it's very obviously dyed, then go for it, but if you were hoping that it would just look like your hair was naturally jet-black, be prepared that it probably won't turn out like that.

Guest Siv

I've done it before. I was born with naturally light brown hair, but as I got older it became a very dark brown.

(call it black if you wish) I see nothing wrong with it. Black hair is hot and it's mysterious!

Obviously if your hair is already very dark then it wouldn't be too much of a noticeable change or

difference. It's your decision, do what you like!

Guest Stellabella826

Ahh, I was really scared to die my hair black.

I actually started dying my hair in 4th grade and never once dyed it black,

so I was really scared. I've had pretty lightish brown or reddish hair between then and now.

But I decided to dye it black.. I was so scared that it would look bad!

But the outcome was really good.

I really liked it. Everyone commented about how amazing it looked.

If you are planning on dying it, I say go for it! :)

Here are some pictures if you were curious. :sweatingbullets:

111.jpg

^ Sorry, this one was the best I could find without having to get my CDs out.. This was a few years back..(No makeup, sorry!)

333.jpg

This one is the most recent one. It was taken like last week? But you can see my black hair pretty well.

^^

Hope this helps! :)

Guest L♥VE

Don't worry, hun, it's not weird at all. I've done this several times. My hair has a brownish tint to it, so I dye it with a

blue black to make it darker looking.

Guest I.♥_Y0U ;)

Natural black hair looks dark-brown in the sunlight. I think its okay to dye it black o.o

This is kind of off topic but I have a question...

If you have coloured hair and you wanted to dye it another colour, after the new colour fades, would the old colour still be there?

I know its a dumb question but I wanna dye my hair again.

If you use permanent hair dye, then it's most likely not going to fade into the old coplor, but it all depends on what color you dye it. red generally fades to brown,black fades unevenly ish to a darker brown, uhh brown fades & gets a bit lighter. But if you dye your hair an unnatural color like purple or blue then it eventually fades to a lighter version & then a shade of blonde (the previous color you had since you would need to bleach your hair first for this) ahh, hope this helps somewhat

Amswer to the topic question

Weird? No. But I really don't see the point.

Guest meilove

i dyed my hair brown over the summer then black again in the fall but it started fading after a few days and now my roots are natural black & my ends are dark brown..so neat looking haha yet i still kinda want jet black hair

Guest skye.

I don't think it's weird, because if you want to dye your hair black, that means your hair isn't really black black, right ? It's has brown or other color tint to it, right ? Haha.

& I guess it depends on what kind of black. Cause if it's jet black, it'll look kind of weird, but if you get those natural looking black, then it'll look great.

Guest yei488

if youre going to dye black hair black with something you can get at a random drug store or something, itll definately look fake. if you go to the salon and get it done, itll look more natural.

Guest judyjudychan

i think super duper dark black hair (like those that r dyed) look really fake >"<

Guest Stephanie1213

I did that before when my roots started growing out from dyed hair. People could tell it wasn't my natural hair color, haha, but it didn't look bad or anything.

Guest Naimie

I've tried it and it didn't do shieet... you definately gotta do it professionally.. or is what I'm planning to do next time

Guest vip_gd

maybe if you have like grey hairs

but why would you dye your hair black if it's already black?

idk anyone who does that.

Guest ' t.

Never dye it black... you're going to hella regret it hahaha.

If you want your natural hair-ish then go for the darkest brown you can find and leave it in for a much longer period of time or just get it done professionally... but never use out of the box black.

Guest Demllequ

how come you want to die your hair black for?

if your hair is black already i guess theres no need to?

unless you died your hair another colour previously and the roots grew back and you want to redye it black?

Archived