Lg Ice Cream Phone Looks Delicious :p

KTHubbybunch

Guest vc1188

You can't turn the shutters off on the majority of phones. I don't know of any Korean phone that works without a shutter sound.

-ginger

I have a Sony Ericsson and if I turn my phone to "Silent" mode, the camera won't make that shutter sound. I'm not sure if this is true for other brands though.

I was actually very interested in getting this phone, since I wanna go back to a simple flip phone without a bunch of features I don't need. But I read this one review (Here ; Follow-up review) and the girl had issues with her phone literally DAYS later.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ginger

I have a Sony Ericsson and if I turn my phone to "Silent" mode, the camera won't make that shutter sound. I'm not sure if this is true for other brands though.

I was actually very interested in getting this phone, since I wanna go back to a simple flip phone without a bunch of features I don't need. But I read this one review (Here ; Follow-up review) and the girl had issues with her phone literally DAYS later.

It appears that the girl in the review has the unlocked version, not the original Korean one. I guess there are some pretty big differences between the LG unlocked phones and the originals.

-ginger

Guest vc1188

It appears that the girl in the review has the unlocked version, not the original Korean one. I guess there are some pretty big differences between the LG unlocked phones and the originals.

-ginger

oyy, so there's some issue with using the unlocked phone with a different country/continent's phone service?

I guess I shouldn't get it then :\

Guest cookie.monster

I just got this phone and I have a question to those who are familiar with Korean phones,

I'm capable of text-messaging stuff in Hangul, but I can't seem to find a few specific letters V_V

Anyone know how to type ㅎ,ㅂ,ㅈ,ㅋ,ㅌ,ㅊ,ㅍ?

Guest SweetBee

just wondering does the LG icecream work for T-mobile? and is it possible to get the Korean version and not the unlock ones?

Guest lulunotlemon*

so, i have the blue LG ice cream KF 350. Mine has no korean-english or english-korean dictionary though :( or self-cam. I got the phone by itself for $295 including tax (since im already on a plan), and they threw in a free 1 GB external memory and 1 year warranty, so overall, i thought it was a pretty fair deal. anyways, my pros and cons on this phone:

PROS:

- 3.2 MP camera is AWESOME. super clear!

- cute external LED (you can customize the lighting pattern on the front of the phone!)

- you can take a picture and customize a ringtone for each specific contact (if you chose to)

- pretty big keypad (easier for texting)

- super easy to add wallpaper backgrounds, ringtones, etc.

- T9 ! plus you can add words to the dictionary.

- RADIO!!! :D

- comes with cool headphones you can use for radio/talking on the phone

- If anyone is from CANADA, just to let you know, i have FULL reception (7 bars i think). which is AWESOME.

CONS:

- no self-cam

- no "zoom" from what i know

- battery life isnt too great (camera and games are very energy consuming) I charge it once every 2 days.

- you can't modify the intensity of vibration (low, medium, high)

- NO IDEA how to work the voice mail ><

Overall, i love love love this phone :) cute and simple.

ummm. The self cam isn't rly a self cam. It's like auto adjust lightness.. or something like that (read the manual)

for voice mail, I played around with the phone and found it on speed dial 1.

Guest ginger

ummm. The self cam isn't rly a self cam. It's like auto adjust lightness.. or something like that (read the manual)

for voice mail, I played around with the phone and found it on speed dial 1.

No, but the original ice cream phone HAS a regular self-cam...so she's saying that it doesn't have it.

-ginger

Guest ``miamihero

I just got this phone and I have a question to those who are familiar with Korean phones,

I'm capable of text-messaging stuff in Hangul, but I can't seem to find a few specific letters V_V

Anyone know how to type ㅎ,ㅂ,ㅈ,ㅋ,ㅌ,ㅊ,ㅍ?

I didnt know how to use it too at first. But i discovered how lol.

for example when you press '1' you get one character right? then while the character is still highlighted, you press '*' to switch between the so called 'hidden' hangul characters. Try it. hope it'll help :)

and btw, about THE REVIEW written by paperdiaries, you know what? IM EXPERIENCING THE SAME THING NOW. TT.TT

sigh. today i was in college and i have no idea why there was some problem with the line,, so i thought of turning it off and on, maybe it would be better oh silly but it doesnt help and now I COULDNT TURN THE PHONE ON!! :(

its like there is this KF350 logo and it just stays there. sigh. i dont know i'll be bringing it back to the service centre tomorrow. hopefully it'll be alright. if problems continue to occur then it's really not worth buying right? what's the point when it's still a brand new phone?!

Just my two cents, because we are using unlocked version that is why.

Guest epikxlove

the pink one has a heart on the screeen !

and the color is beautiful <3 <3

gotta have it...

im going to try to "accidently" break my chocolate 2 now lol

Guest miss.lilith

hmm, i realized that on the unlocked version, you can have the shutter tone off if your phone is at silent..

uh, is it me and my weird noticing or the paperdiaries girl and the one who has a similar problem, both have the pink one? the rest who doesn't have problems with this phone isn't pink but usually white :blink:

Guest pockyDOLL

Ahhh, I want it but at the same time I don't...if that many of you are experiencing problems like that already when you just kind of got it.

I don't know. >___<''''

the pink one has a heart on the screeen !

and the color is beautiful <3 <3

gotta have it...

im going to try to "accidently" break my chocolate 2 now lol

haha chocolate as in verizon? lg ice cream doesnt work on verizon ahahha

Guest lulunotlemon*

No, but the original ice cream phone HAS a regular self-cam...so she's saying that it doesn't have it.

-ginger

I thought she was talking about the unlocked phone.

yeahh it does. =[[ such a shame. And the camera doesn't do zoom on the unlocked version neither T-T

hmm, i realized that on the unlocked version, you can have the shutter tone off if your phone is at silent..

uh, is it me and my weird noticing or the paperdiaries girl and the one who has a similar problem, both have the pink one? the rest who doesn't have problems with this phone isn't pink but usually white :blink:

RLY? O__O. I tried but mine didn't work T__T

I have the white one haha XD

is $260 canadian a good price for the phone itself?

or is it average? :3

yup! :] (are you getting a memory card with it?)

the listed price is around 290$ with a 1G memory card.

I got mine for 255$ with a screen protector (which is too small = =) and a free 1G memory card.

Guest miss.lilith

CandyXx: there's no setting/option for it but when I take a picture with it on silent, there isn't a shutter tone :D . if don't set it to silent, it makes that annoying noise :tears: nevermind. it has a shutter again. darn, i was sure their wasn't a shutter tone yesterday though, now it's back NOOOOOOOOOooo :tears:

fly_away_love: I got mine about 2 weeks ago for 280 at pmall. It came with a 1GB miniSD in the box and the guy threw in a travel adaptor and a screen protector (that does fit). The thing is, you can get a 1GB miniSD for approx. 10 dollars or less. I think 260 is a decent price.

Archived