Lg Ice Cream Phone Looks Delicious :p

KTHubbybunch

Guest aznch4mp

I'm interested in buying the Ice Cream phone but honestly, I'm only willing to spend maybe $100 max.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask these questions (if not, let me know and I'll edit this post out):

-I was wondering if anyone knows how/where I can buy this phone for a price under my budget?

-How are some people able to get it for so cheap?

-How much did you guys purchase your ice creams for?

-Is there a difference in how/where/when you buy it? Like, I hear some phones have sel-ca and some don't.. what determines options like that?

Thanks so much guys! :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ZoidbergMD

^ i just got my phone a couple days ago and honestly its not worth full price

i bought mine used off of craigslist, but since the guy only used it for a week as a replacement phone it was pretty much brand new. I bought mine for 140 CAD even, the guy was nice enough to give me his travel adapter for free :)

the sel-ca thing i think only comes in the korean ver. that only works on their cdma network (correct me if i'm wrong)

the one you would be buying will most likely be the hong kong version. Which works with gsm network.

i kind of regret buying this phone in some aspects, because the led lights and such are only cool for so long :P

not a lot of features etc. if your just into txting and calling people this should be fine. I'm hoping this phone is sturdy enough to last me a year or two, i'll thoroughly abuse it and then chuck it for whatever is new haha

Guest aznch4mp

^ i just got my phone a couple days ago and honestly its not worth full price

i bought mine used off of craigslist, but since the guy only used it for a week as a replacement phone it was pretty much brand new. I bought mine for 140 CAD even, the guy was nice enough to give me his travel adapter for free :)

the sel-ca thing i think only comes in the korean ver. that only works on their cdma network (correct me if i'm wrong)

the one you would be buying will most likely be the hong kong version. Which works with gsm network.

i kind of regret buying this phone in some aspects, because the led lights and such are only cool for so long :P

not a lot of features etc. if your just into txting and calling people this should be fine. I'm hoping this phone is sturdy enough to last me a year or two, i'll thoroughly abuse it and then chuck it for whatever is new haha

Ohhh I see, alright thanks for the info! I'm not really into all those "add-on" type things, texting and pictures are enough for me~ Oh wait, actually. Does it have a music player and an alarm clock?

Hahaha well, if you decide you want to don't want your anymore, I'm currently looking for a seller ;) Just kidding

Guest ZoidbergMD

^ haha i'll keep that in mind

it does have alarm clock and music player, they're pretty standard in a phone these days :P

caution about the camera though, i find that i need pretty good lighting and a steady hand to take a good clear photo

the camera is actually better then i had expected but still not up to my standard =X

but a pro is that it fits perfectly in my pocket no matter how tight my jeans may be aha~ =_="

and if your into deco, then this phone is a perfect canvas for that type of stuff ^_^

Guest aznch4mp

^ haha i'll keep that in mind

it does have alarm clock and music player, they're pretty standard in a phone these days :P

caution about the camera though, i find that i need pretty good lighting and a steady hand to take a good clear photo

the camera is actually better then i had expected but still not up to my standard =X

but a pro is that it fits perfectly in my pocket no matter how tight my jeans may be aha~ =_="

and if your into deco, then this phone is a perfect canvas for that type of stuff ^_^

Yeah well some phones are weird and don't have those things~ just making sure!

Oh really? Yeah, I hear the Samsung memoir is pretty good for pictures.. 5mpx yo!

It's good to know it's a good fit, it looks pretty bulky in the pictures.

and yeah! The only reason people get the Ice Cream is for show~ so some cute charms or something would definitely look cute.

Again, thanks for all the help~

\(^_____^)/

I bet that the "Ice cream 3" you saw was the lollipop.

Er, I doubt it, I've seen the Lollipop around quite enough to be able to differentiate it from the Ice Cream. Plus, I overheard some girls in my class talking about it today as well. I suppose I can't completely overrule the possibility that I saw wrong, but I changed channels and caught just the last bit of the CF where that corny woman's voice goes "(insert phone name here)". I think the CF model was Shin Mina? I don't know, I'll keep a lookout to verify if it's out or not.

Guest sallyen

is there an option to not pick up the call when i open the phone ?

Menu > 2. Calling > 9. Common setting > 4. Answer Mode

not sure if it's correct :)

Er, I doubt it, I've seen the Lollipop around quite enough to be able to differentiate it from the Ice Cream. Plus, I overheard some girls in my class talking about it today as well. I suppose I can't completely overrule the possibility that I saw wrong, but I changed channels and caught just the last bit of the CF where that corny woman's voice goes "(insert phone name here)". I think the CF model was Shin Mina? I don't know, I'll keep a lookout to verify if it's out or not.

Nope, there's no such thing, at least not at this point. If so, I'd be seeing its posters plastered all over Seoul and all my students would have it already. There is an Ice Cream laptop commercial...maybe you just saw that?

-ginger

Guest ima_robot

i just got mines today. in the pistachio blue color,

-________-;; ok, first off, MY RECEPTION IS HORRIBLE! =[ i dont know why eaither! im using at&t

does anybody else have this problem?

it is very cute tho.

Hey guys, I just got this phone and I adore it so far... but does anyone know how to turn of that "bawop" sound when you select something? :S

Annoying, right? :)

Go to :

> Settings

> Profiles

> Normal, click on 'options'... and then 'edit'

Then you can edit all your settings :) You can turn any sound off/on.. so yep :3

Anyway, LG Icecream is a pretty good looking phone... but it crashes once in a while and it'd delete all memory stored in the phone =__________= Super uncool. I use it as my alarm clock and there's been a few times where the phone would crash and cause me to miss class. So yea, don't depend your life on your Icecream :(

Annoying, right? :)

Go to :

> Settings

> Profiles

> Normal, click on 'options'... and then 'edit'

Then you can edit all your settings :) You can turn any sound off/on.. so yep :3

Anyway, LG Icecream is a pretty good looking phone... but it crashes once in a while and it'd delete all memory stored in the phone =__________= Super uncool. I use it as my alarm clock and there's been a few times where the phone would crash and cause me to miss class. So yea, don't depend your life on your Icecream :(

Ohh thanks! That sucks about the crashing... kind of scared it'll happen to me.

Also, do you (or anyone) happen to know how to tell when the phone is fully recharged? There doesn't seem to be any indicator thingy...

EDIT: My charger is making a weird high frequency noise when plugged into the cellphone... is anyone else getting this too? :S

Guest aky93rkfka

honestly, i dislike the service & i have the recent new 3g sims,

it doesnt matter about what sims card. it's the phone

& it's not all that great, the settings you expect all koreanized & prettiful

but the only pretty thing about it is the front.

the settings sucks, you can't send text msgs in korean.

the texting doesn't even have korean letters on the keypad

so it's hard to know where the letters are for some of you.

i'm use to sending text in korean, but this phone gave me a

huge disappointment... -___-

i have debates on this phone like A LOT.

& lollipop is coming out, so i'm selling this.

& NO i'm not advertising, so don't ask me. i won't be

selling it here, thanks! (:

Archived