Sony PSP Thread

Guest Dah_jOkA

ichikawaii....DON'T UPDATE! You're good where you're at right now...I think...check your firmware. To do this go into the main menu of your PSP, go to settings>system settings>system information. What #.## does it say next to version?

firelogic...if you're getting the bundle pack that has atv included, your best bet is that it WON'T be a 2.82. Those are the old bundles that no one bought...thankfully no one did because those are (like I said above) to have a firmware under 2.00.

dahjoka. There's 2 ways you can go about 3.02. You can either you devhook .51.0100 or update using 3.02OE-B....I prefer sticking with devhook since it doesn't require any flashing..meaning...you don't have to risk your PSP in getting bricked...meaning..you don't want to risk your PSP becoming useless..meaning...it won't turn on anymore hahah...

Just use this

http://dl.qj.net/DevHook-0.51.0100-Install...11884/catid/114

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ichikawaii

ichikawaii....DON'T UPDATE! You're good where you're at right now...I think...check your firmware. To do this go into the main menu of your PSP, go to settings>system settings>system information. What #.## does it say next to version?

next to version it says 1.52 ahh im so sorry i don't know lots about these things and thank you for everyone for putting up with me :tears:

Guest wysiwyg

Well, Futureshop has the core PSP on sale for $180 and is including a Body Glove PSP Case for free. On top of that, Best Buy is selling 2GB SanDisk Pro Duo memory sticks for $50. So add in a USB cable and it's still cheaper and better than the Entertainment Pack. So the question is...am I almost guaranteed to get an old version PSP with the Entertainment Pack that I can run custom firmware on, or should I just buy the Core and Stick at the sale price?

**All Prices Canadian.

I was wondering the same thing.

Guest ichikawaii

yay it works !!

thank you so much!! it finally works thank you shortboy for helping me and thank you to everyone else that helped me to!! :D:D

ah i just remembered today is christmas

merry christmas everyone!!

Guest firelogic

Okay firelogic...new update....my uncle bought my cousins the entertainment pack with ATV....it has a 2.71 TA-082 PSP....that's no good.

But ichikawaii...you're in the good :)...Update your PSP to 2.00 and then downgrade it back down to 1.50.

Whew thanks for the update. I haven't purchased it yet.:D

Guest mimi1931

how much is a PSP i am trying to buy one

you can go one internet on PSP right????

what???

i have no idea what you are talking about

i know nothing about PSP

i just wanna buy one

cuz they say it have long battery power

and i am alway in long trip

so i want one....

Guest Dah_jOkA

ey awdark and shortboy

thanks for the help!

But I flashed my 1.5 to fw 3.02 OE-B

I'm not afraid to flash my PSP, I do it countless times with other mods.

ahh dang I'm so behind, I used to be so up to date with new applications n hacks for the PSP but recently I loss interest in my PSP.

BUT NOW IM BACK! N READY TO ROLL!

TIME TO RIP MY PSX GAMES! MWAHAHHAA!

Weird question, I know, but can you get the PSP engraved? And if you do (even if it's at some engraving store), where do you think it'd look nicest on? I was thinking the top side edge. Or would you guys completely recommend not to?

Guest Dah_jOkA

i dont no bout gettin the PSP engraved but I know that some people customized their UMD doors, change their faceplates and add lights n stuff to them.

heres a PSP with the LED Trigger MOD:

012406%20071.jpg

^im tryin to add lights to mine, at the moment I just have a chrome faceplate and a blue button set. I'm trying to work on changin my UMD door

Guest buuberry

oh wow! its sooo bright! good for playing in the dark! i usually snuggle under the blanket and play.

i think its too flashy for travelling purposes. haha everyone would be staring! but its cool nonetheless!

hrmm, engrave? wat abt the inner side of the batt cover? parallel to the edge. :blush:

Guest wysiwyg

OH!....take back what I said about not getting that entertainment pack you guys....GO GET IT!

http://pspupdates.qj.net/2-71-TA-082-Firmw...pg/49/aid/77460

Main point. If you have a TA-082 PSP, it must be at 2.71. How do you know if it's a TA-082?

ta82spot1.jpg

thanks shortboy for the update! i think i will pick one up today. i hope they still have them in stock.

For TA-082 users on 2.71, you dont have to attempt the above downgrade and risk a brick if your only goal is to run games from flash. HenD and a appropriate version of Devhook work perfectly fine to run 3.02 games (even a lot of homebrew run as well). The only downside is having to run HenD and Devhook when starting from a cold boot. However, I don't see how that is such a big deal considering you should be putting the PSP to sleep most of the time anyway since battery consumption is minimal in sleep. I think the last time I had to run them was like 3 weeks ago. By the way I have a TA-082/2.71. I personally wouldn't risk the brick unless it came to a point where there was no other choice.

Guest .Cherry.

how much is a PSP i am trying to buy one

you can go one internet on PSP right????

what???

i have no idea what you are talking about

i know nothing about PSP

i just wanna buy one

cuz they say it have long battery power

and i am alway in long trip

so i want one....

Um, you know what ebay is? Yeah, you should start there to look at prices, or amazon.com. PSP's can range from $170-$200 or more. Do some research before you go out and just buy one too. >.<;;;

Well if you're familiar with the downgrading scene or know a friend that is, I'm pretty sure the risk goes down. Believe me, my heart was beating when I downgraded my brother's 2.80 PSP when that one came out. You do still run the risk of bricking your TA-082 when downgrading but the downgrading comes with a piece of homebrew called 'idstoragechange' which basically makes your PSP TA-082 no longer a TA-082 but at TA-079 (launch PSPs). But if you're comfortable already with staying at 2.71, then that's your choice. Still though, I would recommend downgrading and then upgrading to 3.02 OE-B and start playing some PS1 games on your PSP ;).

Archived