[drama 2002] Dae Mang 대망

Guest wils

Guest Ender's Girl

oh fart. no english subs??? what a shame, i really really really wanted to watch this for JH's sake. i normally don't dig sageuk dramas (Damo was the only one i truly enjoyed watching; Jumong, Dae Janggeum and Legend sorta failed to ignite my interest) but i'd definitely watch Daemang, if ONLY some kind souls out there would start subbing. :(

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Ender's Girl. Yes, it's a shame we don't have eng subs. :crazy: I read your comments on Robbers just now. Wow...your comments add more love to that drama. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. How great would be your comments on Dae Mang... :( But again let's keep fingers crossed for the DVD release in the future.

Here is a summary of Episode 2:

Confronted with the prospering seaport market, city merchants called for a meeting to discuss tactics to maintain their long-held hegemony over market power, ending up with no solution. Amid the heated debate, Park Hui Chan sat still, with his brain working actively.

Having followed the Chinese man (Dan Gachun) and his daughter, Si Young happened to see them being kicked off from the place they stayed and defeating a sudden attack. Amazed by his martial arts again, he wanted to learn it from him. To do so, he had to make a deal with his father. In return for keeping them in the house, he was contracted to become his father’s man for 12 years (until his age of 25).

Father: How do you think you can make people your men? Tell me two ways.

Son (Si Young): One is to buy them with money and the second is to make use of their weakness.

F: Wrong. That ways you can make them your servants but not your men.

One is to give you to them. You do everything for them, serving them with no expectation of returns.

S: Then do they become my men?

F: For a period of time.

S: Just for a period of time?

F: (he explained…)

S: What is the second?

F: Son, are you my man?

S: …….

Jae Young saw Yeojin in the market again and followed after her; he wanted to help her cross the creek safely but it didn’t work out. After tracking after her, he realized she belongs to a noble family. He bought all the wooden shoes to earn double with the seed money he borrowed. To his joy, it started pouring rain soon. He sold the wooden shoes at high price and made big money. He paid back the loan successfully, but he was criticized by the merchant Sun Jae. To Jae Young, confused at Sun Jae’s response, his daughter (Dong Hee) explained what he did wrong. She told him that instead of buying cheap wooden shoes to sell to the poor, he should have sold expansive high quality goods to the wealthy. Jae Young paid back his father the damage and gave his friends the rest of money he earned, with nothing in his hands. His father worried about his generosity.

Si Young tried hard to persuade Dan Ga Chun to teach him martial arts, but he strongly refused. But with some trick, SY became his student.

Jae Young, having made stable stone bridge over the creek with the hands of his friends, waited for Yeo Jin. They became friends from then on.

As years pass by, Si Young and Jae Young became grown-ups. Si Young’s martial arts improved a lot over time. Dan Ja Yeon was always next to him.

When Yeo Jin came to see her teacher, a sick medical doctor, she found his house clean and organized. Jae Young had done this job for a long time for her. He asked her when she would marry him. If it’s not possible here, they can run away to marry, he suggested.

Boon Hee (JY’s real mom), now the head of Sa Woo Gok, changed her name to Dan Ae. Her real job is to collect all the valuable information and items and trade them with high-ranked officers. She has a group of well-trained female guards/warriors. The monk helping with the poor is one of her information sources.

A seaport merchant Go Jae Gap made money by operating rice boats but in a wicked way. He filled rice bags with wet rice. Park Hui Chan wanted to expand his business to the seaport market. He went to Yoon Sung Bo, a high-ranked officer in charge of the seaport market, to beg if he can gain a right to operate rice boats. He even prepared bribe money but turned down. Yoon Sung Bo long supported Go Jae Gap, the collusion between business and politics. Si Young asked his father if he can do something for him, and Park Hui Chan allowed it.

Jae Young’s friends got a new project to earn money; to steal a widow. They sneaked into a house but found people in the house murdered. They ran away but police were waiting for them outside.

20zwnf7.jpg

Guest malia

azndgn26, I just checked that out and wow...it looks pretty amazing. It multiplies uploads! Since its max capacity of upload is 100 mb, i may try Sharebee for LQ re-up (if any). Thanks for the information.

chatteraddict, now I got to rememeber what the schedule conflict was about. I believe it was a right decision for her to focus on her role in the beatiful movie 'the Classic', though i missed Dong Hee a lot after her leaving the drama.

malia, dear friend, I also want to have that song too! Hope someone can share the song with us! Yes, it's hauntingly bittersweet and poignant, lingering in my ear for a while after listening to it. yay..keep hmming too. :P Thank you for loving my avatar. That "makes me want to reach into monitor" just as you said. haha... Never tired of looking at him. :blush: :sweatingbullets: Yes, I agree with you on the point you makes regarding his interview. I was quite impressed by his attitude towards speaking English. Atcually that reminds me of his movie "please teach me english" again. Moonsoo's ability of spoken english wasn't good enough to convey a message to his sister, but he fully conveys what he meant to say to her from his sincere heart. So words are not really the message, which is indeed something that comes from your sincere heart. He looks so comfy during the interview..I think that is also another message he sends us. ;)

Here is Ep 16:

part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HWJAHYY9

part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FL3Z36Y1

wils, chingu!...once again, komapta, thank you so much for episode 16. i have been doing so well downloading on megaupload that it worries me...hehe :sweatingbullets: ...i am almost in shock that it has been going so smooth and that's the free downloads!!! so, i am glad that i have had no problems on that site and i feel sorry that not everyone is having as easy a time on megaupload as i am. you are truly so kind to go through all this, uploading, keeping up this thread and now the awesome summaries. our special guy, jang hyuk ssi, is indeed very blessed to have you and the others as his supporters. BRAVO, FIGHTING! i totally agree with you in regards to the fact that words are just words no matter what the spoken language is...the words become meaningful when sincere heartfelt emotions are used to express them...and this is what jang hyuk is doing. he, i think is recognizing how international his fan base is becoming and i believe he wants to express his beautiful spirit in ways that all can understand..and if that means expressing himself through various languages, then by golly he is going to give it his heartfelt best. i applaud him for going public in english...even tho it's not his mother tongue and he hasn't quite mastered it...it says a lot about him...that if he gives it a try and does his best at it and expresses it with heart, nothing else matters. Go Jang Hyuk ssi, you are the MAN..Fighting!!! yes, he is quite impressive :) :) and so loveable! i will be starting to view dae-mang again and even tho i don't understand korean, i will understand through their impressive acting and through your summaries...then i will come back here and tell all of you again how awesome this drama truly is!!!!

ender's girl ...once again your words are wonderful and expresses so much of what we all feel. i too enjoyed your post on robbers and i enjoyed your post here. it's about time jang hyuk receives the recognition for his excellent deep talent. when i first viewed him on dae-mang, over a year ago...i was hooked...i loved his simple, effortless but beautiful ways..beautiful to the point that he connects and brings so much happiness. dae-mang truly emphasized how he has a way of being charismatic and this was evident in the awesome chemistry he had with the others and especially with jo hyun jae as the prince. then i viewed him on successful story of a bright girl and i thought, "this awesome guy with the "james dean attitude", the constant smirk and pout from that slight overbite, his devil may care persona that belies his sincere spirit and those hungry, soulful eyes (which are even more evident in thank you and robber) that reach deep into our inner selves deserves to be recognized because he is so good!!! james dean, the late great american actor who died too young, would be proud and honored to know that someone like jang hyuk is being compared to him. thank you again for your thoughts, they are also ours...come back again and give us more to enjoy! :)

Guest Ender's Girl

Wils and Malia, I envy you so much for having seen Dae Mang!!! I'm torn between reading Wils' epispde synopses and waiting for the Soompi fairy godmother of all Jang Hyuk fans (whoever she/he/they/it may be... are you listening????!?!? Hello, God? Hello! Miss... I'll Wish Upon a Star, that One Fine Day, The Great Ambition of my life will finally come true...) to magically upload an English-subbed version. :wacko:

Btw, how's Lee Yo-won here? I've only seen her on Fashion '70s (excellent drama! great story, and Joo Jin-mo's SO damn cute! hehe), but her performance there was slightly irritating because her Do-mi character, though winsome at times, came across as too much of a scatterbrained country bumpkin for my taste. I also heard that her Surgeon Bong Dal-hee role wasn't much different (maybe I'll still watch it, if only for the delicious Kim Min-joon, hehe), so as for her being the female lead on Dae Mang, ehhh... I dunno... *scratches chin and shrugs* I'd like to believe I'll withhold judgement until I actually watch the dratted drama, though (if I ever DO get to watch it, huhuhu!).

Wow, Jang Hyuk should be honored to be compared to James Dean, if only in talent, and not in career length (he just did 3 films and died at 24, yikes! :wacko:). JH also reminds me of Ethan Hawke, one of my favorite (and his favorite, so he mentioned in one of his DotD interviews) actors--onscreen, both of them project the same quiet intensity and leashed sexuality that go STRAIGHT THROUGH THE ROOF! Yummmmyyyy!!!!! Okay, I'll stop now lest I be reduced to a babbling, incoherent fangirl once more. :D

Guest hjkomo

hey hjkomo, SYJ actually left the drama because she was contracted to film 'the Classic" at that time, and since she cant do both projects at the same time she had to leave (and mainly because the movie was a lead role for her). the Classic was actually first offered to Lee Yo Won who also stars in Daemang but because she was schedules to get married after the drama, the film was offered to SYJ.

Im just not sure if they had to changes to story because of that though...

chatteraddict, now I got to rememeber what the schedule conflict was about. I believe it was a right decision for her to focus on her role in the beatiful movie 'the Classic', though i missed Dong Hee a lot after her leaving the drama.

Thanks, chatteraddict and wils! I'm glad SYJ did The Classic, but I wonder how it would have affected Daemang if she had stayed. I guess we'll never know. ;)

Oh, and Jang Hyuk's English is so cute! :P

Guest malia

ender's girl..yes, ethan hawke...great one to compare jang hyuk to...i like your comment... "JH also reminds me of Ethan Hawke, one of my favorite (and his favorite, so he mentioned in one of his DotD interviews) actors--onscreen, both of them project the same quiet intensity and leashed sexuality that go STRAIGHT THROUGH THE ROOF!"

i totally agree, they both have the same deep, quiet brooding intensity, sensuality and sexuality! good comparison, ender's girl. it seems that jang hyuk ssi, enjoys the talent of those deep intense performers, like ethan hawke, al pacino, robert de niro to name a few that he has mentioned..oh, i think he also mentioned christopher walken...these guys are all connected through intense and deep, deep performances. and jang hyuk can easily join the group cause whether he believes it or not, i feel he is at their level even tho there are several that have been around a long, long time and i feel the same type of intensity and talent whenever i watch him perform!! FIGHTING Jang Hyuk, ssi...you are awesome! :D

yeah, james dean was so young when he passed away...and as short as his career was, he somehow made a big and lasting impact on the film industry because even to this day, he is known..james dean had an uncanny way of performing with intensity but there was something about him, that is so hard to put your finger on..jang hyuk has that same intensity in his performances but he has that extra something that cannot be defined that leaves you wondering if you should mother and baby him or have him become your lover.. :blush: he also has this persona that makes you think he is out to conquer the world and by golly he is gonna do it. so ji sub is another one that has the same intensity and sensuality that jang hyuk has. gosh, these awesome men!!!

p.s. by the way, i too hope some kind soul will take the daemang series and make it an english subtitle project. that would be so awesome because i believe there are some very meaningful, beautiful and intense dialogue in this drama. i have not had a lot of experiences with lyw but i thought her performance in daemang was good..of course, i was too busy watching jang hyuk and jo hyun jae the first time i viewed it so maybe this time around, i will be able to keep an eye on her performance and be a better judge. i bet wils will be able to give a better idea of lyw's performance.

Guest Ender's Girl

jang hyuk has that same intensity in his performances but he has that extra something that cannot be defined that leaves you wondering if you should mother and baby him or have him become your lover.. :blush: he also has this persona that makes you think he is out to conquer the world and by golly he is gonna do it.

Hahahaha! You're funny, malia! :lol:

If you asked me, I'd go with the "lover" instead, thank you very much! :P Come to Ender's Girl, Jang Hyuk-sshi... *pats lap* Raaaarrrrghhh!!!! :w00t:

And by golly, I'll never get tired of watching him do his thing. 30 years from now, he'll be the most revered veteran actor in Korea (think... Ahn Sung-ki... Song Kang-ho... ) with the hottest bod to boot, and I'll be a 50-something ahjumma screaming my throat raw, with the streamers and all, as he walks the Baeksang Awards red carpet to pick up his 28th Best Actor award. :D

Guest malia

Hahahaha! You're funny, malia! :lol:

If you asked me, I'd go with the "lover" instead, thank you very much! :P Come to Ender's Girl, Jang Hyuk-sshi... *pats lap* Raaaarrrrghhh!!!! :w00t:

And by golly, I'll never get tired of watching him do his thing. 30 years from now, he'll be the most revered veteran actor in Korea (think... Ahn Sung-ki... Song Kang-ho... ) with the hottest bod to boot, and I'll be a 50-something ahjumma screaming my throat raw, with the streamers and all, as he walks the Baeksang Awards red carpet to pick up his 28th Best Actor award. :D

ender's girl..heehee, yeah, i like your thoughts better..much better than mothering him...HAHA! :blush: we're all patting our laps...omgsh...like you, i never get tired of watching him do his thing :P ..he drives all of us crazy, YES!!!!:wacko: heehee..AHJUMMA power..nothing like it...i'll have pom poms to go with your streamers...and oh, maybe even a bull horn..heehee.. :lol: cheering our man...GO JANG HYUK SSHI...FIGHTING!!! on the serious side, wouldn't that be an awesome thing if he just continues to shine brightly and be recognized for his special and deep talent and be considered as one of the all time greats..KOREA's great gift to the entertainment world...WOW!!!! in my eyes he is already there and i believe so much in his talent that i have not doubt that he will get to the top!! daemang was just the tip of the iceberg for this great talent...he has come such a long way and brought with him so much for us to enjoy and appreciate. ahhhh, jang hyuk he is to die for in every single way!!

Guest wils

Hello~ feels like it's years since I have been here. hehe...

Thanks malia, Ender's girl and hjkomo for making this thread alive. ;)

Sorry for being late to uploading the following episodes. Here is Episode 17:

part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B6UOK63S

part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8LH9C2XM

I am also puttin up a summary of Episode 3:

Jae Young’s friends got arrested but he didn’t take it serious at first. Yeo Jin met Jae Young to let him know how serious things are and tell him to go hide somewhere. But Jae Young did not take her advice and tried to find out how he can help his friends be released. Jae Young asked his father to help his friends, but was told to leave the city and follow the group of traveling market that Byun haengsoo (chief executive) would lead.

Lee Soo asked Si Young if he is son of Park Hui Chan and if he was born in year of Kyung-In. Noticing he is a swordsman, Si Young wanted to try a fight with him out of curiosity, then realizing how amazing Lee Soo’s swordsmanship is. Lee Soo accused Si Young of killing the family with such cruelty. It was an act of such despicability and he shouldn’t have given seaweed soup to him, he said. Because Lee Soo knew everything he did the other night, Si Young wanted to get rid of him, but he lost in the fight. But he did not chase Lee Soo because he knew the swordsman was indifferent to the things other than if he was born in that year.

Jae Young made every effort to visit his friends in prison, but his plea for seeing them was over and over rejected by the police officers. Jae Young’s attempt to intrude the prison made the key investigator become interested in him. His father got angry about what Jae Young had been doing.

Sun Jae and his daughter (Dong Hee) visited Dan Ae, which seemed a routine during their stay in Hansung. Dan Ae seemed to be a friend as well as a good information source to Sun Jae. Dae Ae gave him an unpublicized list of the officers who will attend the birthday party of queen of China. In return, she asked him to take Jae Young on a traveling market to tour China. Wondered who Jae Young is, Sun Jae later realized he was the boy who borrowed his money 8 years ago. Dan Ae said Jae Young is an innocent young man and caring so much about his friends. She continued to say his father is such an evil that he could possibly use his son as a scapegoat on his behalf if he becomes troubled by his son. Dong Hee wondered about how Jae Young and Dan Ae are related.

Jae Young’s friends underwent police investigation on who stood behind them in regards to the slaughter. They of course couldn’t avoid tortures. Assuming Jae Young might be the head of the party, the key investigator asked Jae Young’s friends about how much he was relevant to the case. Being afraid that Jae Young would get involved in the case, his friends strongly denied his relevance, even denying their close relationship to Jae Young.

The night before Jae Young was slated to leave for a traveling market trip, he stole money from his father. Next morning, the boat carrying Jae young and Park Hui Chan’s team of traveling market set off. Sitting at the side of the boat, Jae Young seemed to ponder deeply on something. Byun haengsoo (Jang Hang Sun) approached him.

B: There is something you cannot make happen in the world. That’s beyond your ability and beyond your control, so just let it go off your mind. To learn this, we call as ‘to learn the world.’ You have something in common with your father.

J: Do I?

B: That is, you think people are like you. So you look at the world and treat people at certain ways as you think others would do. Well…to some extent, people might be the same as you.

J: My brother, Si Young looks like dad and I look like mom. That’s what people say about us.

B: Si Young is a little bit different. Anyway, keep in mind there is something I cannot control in the world.

J: How do you know if you can make it or not until you really try it out?

B: ???

J: for example, how do you know how deep this river is before you go into the water?

Then, he suddenly got up and jumped into the water. Byun tried to catch him, but Jae Young swam fast to his friends who were waiting for him in a boat nearby.

After Jae Young disappeared, a lot of people were looking for him. Dong Hee went to a gisaeng place in her disguise of young noble man to get any information on where Jae Young is. The police officers also started to search info on Jae Young and even visited Yeo Jin to ask about him. Yeo Jin sent her maid to Jae Young to give some information on the police officers in charge.

Taking over the position of late Yoon Sung Bo, Yeo Jin's father gained more power. There were lines of people at his house, who wanted to visit him in order to stay close to this new officer. Park Hui Chan and Si Young were the most welcome by Yoon Sung Bo.

Jae Young heard that his friends might be executed the following day. Yeo Jin and her mother were on the way to temple to pray, but got stopped by a young man. It is Jae Young who wanted to see Yeo Jin before he does something for his friends. (If things get wrong, that would be the last time he can see her).

After leaving Yeo Jin, he straightly went to the police officers eating at a restaurant and dared to give them money to ask them to let him visit his friends in jail. According to the info Yeo Jin gave to him, these officers have puritan work ethic and hate bribery.

30wqot0.jpg

Malia and Ender's girl, I enjoy your conversation and like to join it right now..but better do it tomorrw morning. i will come back with my thoughts on that. ;)

Guest malia

wils...thank you once again for your summary and for each episode of this awesome drama. i am sure those who don't understand korean, like me, are so happy to have the summaries. and as for our :blush: conversations re: that hottie jang hyuk ssi...don't you love what ender's girl said..."come to ender's girl"...haha..yeah, "come to mama, jang hyuk ssi!!" oh we are so naughty..hehe! i am also rewatching robbers for the 4th time and anybody would say, "come to mama" after they view "oh joon" doing his one finger push up ...whewwwwwwww :sweatingbullets: i'll juggle all his dramas at the same time just cause he is so amazing. daemang gives us a view of another side of jang hyuk, his versatility in this historical drama is awesome. i fell in love with his beauty in this drama..his loyalty to friendship and how he took the prince under his wings...so beautiful. he was young in daemang but his talent went beyond his age. he was meant for stardom...and he is on the rise and he is so deserving of tons of success! JANG HYUK ssi, FIGHTING!!

Guest wils

wils...thank you once again for your summary and for each episode of this awesome drama. i am sure those who don't understand korean, like me, are so happy to have the summaries. and as for our :blush: conversations re: that hottie jang hyuk ssi...don't you love what ender's girl said..."come to ender's girl"...haha..yeah, "come to mama, jang hyuk ssi!!" oh we are so naughty..hehe! i am also rewatching robbers for the 4th time and anybody would say, "come to mama" after they view "oh joon" doing his one finger push up ...whewwwwwwww :sweatingbullets: i'll juggle all his dramas at the same time just cause he is so amazing. daemang gives us a view of another side of jang hyuk, his versatility in this historical drama is awesome. i fell in love with his beauty in this drama..his loyalty to friendship and how he took the prince under his wings...so beautiful. he was young in daemang but his talent went beyond his age. he was meant for stardom...and he is on the rise and he is so deserving of tons of success! JANG HYUK ssi, FIGHTING!!

Hahaha..you guys are so funny!!! Just imagine if we all pat laps saying "come to me, jang hyuk ssi"... then...he would be just :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: haha... You are rewatching Robbers for the 4th time? Oh I envy you~~~!!!!! To write a summary, I have to revisit each episode of Dae mang. To catch the general story line, I mostly fastforward the vidio clip but cannot help but make it play at normal speed when JH appears, unfair to other actors. :blush: But, trust me, I stay unbiased in doing summary, tho. ;)

And Ender's Girl, as for Lee Yo Won, Dae Mang is the first drama I saw her acting in. I think she was a good cast for Yeo Jin and find her acting convincingly good. Her acting style fitted perfectly with her character of Yeo Jin, who lies between who she is (a member of noble society) and whom she wishes to be (a good citizen and a woman able to love a man freely). She is introvert but proactive about what she believes would be helpful to others; she is cold but warmhearted, and; she is demure but decisive and assertive when action needed. Lee Yo Won did a good job of portraying Yeo Jin, a woman with complexities.

However, If you watched her recent dramas such as Fashion 70s, Surgeon Bong Dal Hee (I finished half only), or Bad Love (I haven’t watched yet), you may find her character in Daemang as not fresh as I felt. As you put it, she has a tendency to make each character she plays into a duplicate of the same persona. That doesn’t mean she is not a good actress. She is a good and talented actress and deserves appraisal for her acting. She knows how to convey emotions convincingly and her specific tone with which to speak her lines is quite appealing. But we as drama viewers expect something new from actors with their new roles. Her tendency to hold the relatively same persona across different characters is something she might want to overcome to step up in her acting ability. I mean..that's my frank opinion and ppl may have different thoughts. ;)

Anyway, here is Episode 18:

part 1 : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZXRYS88O

part 2 : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BWIBVU4C

Guest malia

Hahaha..you guys are so funny!!! Just imagine if we all pat laps saying "come to me, jang hyuk ssi"... then...he would be just :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: haha... You are rewatching Robbers for the 4th time? Oh I envy you~~~!!!!! To write a summary, I have to revisit each episode of Dae mang. To catch the general story line, I mostly fastforward the vidio clip but cannot help but make it play at normal speed when JH appears, unfair to other actors. :blush: But, trust me, I stay unbiased in doing summary, tho. ;)

And Ender's Girl, as for Lee Yo Won, Dae Mang is the first drama I saw her acting in. I think she was a good cast for Yeo Jin and find her acting convincingly good. Her acting style fitted perfectly with her character of Yeo Jin, who lies between who she is (a member of noble society) and whom she wishes to be (a good citizen and a woman able to love a man freely). She is introvert but proactive about what she believes would be helpful to others; she is cold but warmhearted, and; she is demure but decisive and assertive when action needed. Lee Yo Won did a good job of portraying Yeo Jin, a woman with complexities.

However, If you watched her recent dramas such as Fashion 70s, Surgeon Bong Dal Hee (I finished half only), or Bad Love (I haven’t watched yet), you may find her character in Daemang as not fresh as I felt. As you put it, she has a tendency to make each character she plays into a duplicate of the same persona. That doesn’t mean she is not a good actress. She is a good and talented actress and deserves appraisal for her acting. She knows how to convey emotions convincingly and her specific tone with which to speak her lines is quite appealing. But we as drama viewers expect something new from actors with their new roles. Her tendency to hold the relatively same persona across different characters is something she might want to overcome to step up in her acting ability. I mean..that's my frank opinion and ppl may have different thoughts. ;)

Anyway, here is Episode 18:

part 1 : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZXRYS88O

part 2 : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BWIBVU4C

wils, ender's girl i too have not had a lot of experience viewing lee yo won dramas. daemang was also my first

introduction to her. and wils, i agree, she has this demure controlled way about her which suited her role in daemang...her character was very well suited to her looks and her persona, i think. it seems to me that she does have this quiet controlled sadness about her that played very well into her character in daemang. my next experience with her was her seeya mv with jo hyun jae and once again she portrayed almost the same character as in daemang and she did not stray from her portrayal..it seemed the same to me. it seems that roles such as these are tailor made for her. i agree that she is a good actress, i just have not seen her portray very many characters than like those in daemang. thanks wils, for episode 18...love you for doing it !!!!!!!

Guest 꺼벙이

I've read Arirang is going to broadcast this after they're done with The King's Woman (around 8 weeks I think?). They'll probably cut one episode in three sessions but, well. Here's your chance to see it subbed.

Guest Ender's Girl

malia and wils, thanks for sharing your thoughts on Lee Yo-won. i'm not so sure i still want to watch Surgeon Bong Dal-hee (even for the yummy-looking Kim Min-joon, hehe), but i'll keep an eye out for her other work. i admit, she does have a charm that's all her own, and i really do hope i get to watch Dae Mang soon, so i can watch her here. based on how you've both described her character, i'm really looking forward to seeing her story unfold. ^_^

i've been reading the synopses and the story seems interesting so far. komawo, wils! ;)

i am also rewatching robbers for the 4th time and anybody would say, "come to mama" after they view "oh joon" doing his one finger push up ...whewwwwwwww :sweatingbullets:

Hahaha..you guys are so funny!!! Just imagine if we all pat laps saying "come to me, jang hyuk ssi"... then...he would be just :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: haha...

MAN, you're killing me here... frankly, i can't think of anything else to add--you guys are hilaaaarious!!! :lol: (malia, if the one-finger-push-up scene made you freak out the most, then what did it for me was JH's Men's Health magazine cover: i swear my armpits started sweating buckets instantly! hahaha! :w00t:)

well, who knew? that underneath our wholesome (huh? wholesome?) exteriors lurks a bunch of Jang Hyuk-crazy ahjummas harboring unmentionable thoughts about someone who doesn't even know we exist, lol. :P i mean, we'll probably just scare the living daylights out of JH if we ever find ourselves in the same room with him, lol! and by the time we're all finished with him, he'll be reduced to this sobbing, catatonic mess staring vacantly into space, rocking back and forth and drooling... :sweatingbullets: and that, it goes without saying, would effectively end his acting career for good. hehehe! :crazy:

I've read Arirang is going to broadcast this after they're done with The King's Woman (around 8 weeks I think?). They'll probably cut one episode in three sessions but, well. Here's your chance to see it subbed.

hi! er, what's your name in romanized hanggul? so i'll know what to call you. :) thanks so much for the heads-up! i subscribe to arirang, so i'll definitey be on the lookout for the airdate of Dae Mang, albeit in its mutilated version, hurrr. :tongue2: (our local networks here in the philippines also show the dubbed k-dramas with LOTS of cuts, which can be a bit exasperating, especially when the drama loses its cohesion and flow.) but what the heyyll, i'm just happy they're showin' it! B)

Guest hjkomo

hi! er, what's your name in romanized hanggul? so i'll know what to call you. :) thanks so much for the heads-up! i subscribe to arirang, so i'll definitey be on the lookout for the airdate of Dae Mang, albeit in its mutilated version, hurrr. :tongue2: (our local networks here in the philippines also show the dubbed k-dramas with LOTS of cuts, which can be a bit exasperating, especially when the drama loses its cohesion and flow.) but what the heyyll, i'm just happy they're showin' it! B)

He's kkeo beong yi, but you can just call him Mister X. ;)

Guest malia

ender's girl heehee...you are awesome in your comedic descriptions..love it..couldn't stop laughing!! :P haha, jh would be totally afraid of us..he'd behave just like he did in that scene in robbers where lee da hae scared him because he thought she was weird and losing her mind cause she kept talking about the spirits of her parents and grandparents being around her..haha! ye, that cover for men's health made my jaws drop...and was in total shock. i knew jang hyuk had started developing a totally lean body mainly through his martial arts but i never realized how toned his body had become, especially his abdomen!!! i noticed a toned body in thank you but that cover pic was beyond words!!! :blush: :blush: i read somewhere that people thought there was a lot of air brushing done to the abs area but given jang hyuk's natural slouch which helps to define the muscles in the abdomen, i think the 50 pack abs..heehee, like my exaggeration...truly belong to him. i like to believe there was none but if they did do airbrushing, i would think there was very little. hehe..i am truly a jang hyuk supporter..will deny anything that could possibly be negative that may be said about him :angry: i guess that's what fans are suppose to do huh? :P what made me stand up and take notice about that one finger push up was the strength that this man must have as to be able to do push ups in that manner...whewwww!!! come to this ahjumma, jang hyuk ssi, let me feel those toned arms and hold your strong fingers!! :blush:

yeah, i think you will like lee yo won in daemang..she won't light any fires under you like jang hyuk but i think you will agree that she was a good fit for that character.

thank you hjkomo for the interpretation of kkeo beong yi/mister x's name.

thank you kkeo beong yi/mister x for the heads up on daemang being shown on arirang. i don't think i can get that station in my end of the world...boohoo, but i am gonna try...and i am sure there are many who will be able to enjoy it through arirang tv and be so happy for any kind of english subs.

Guest Ender's Girl

ye, that cover for men's health made my jaws drop...and was in total shock. i knew jang hyuk had started developing a totally lean body mainly through his martial arts but i never realized how toned his body had become, especially his abdomen!!! i noticed a toned body in thank you but that cover pic was beyond words!!! :blush: :blush: i read somewhere that people thought there was a lot of air brushing done to the abs area but given jang hyuk's natural slouch which helps to define the muscles in the abdomen, i think the 50 pack abs..heehee, like my exaggeration...truly belong to him. i like to believe there was none but if they did do airbrushing, i would think there was very little. hehe..i am truly a jang hyuk supporter..will deny anything that could possibly be negative that may be said about him :angry: i guess that's what fans are suppose to do huh? :P

huh? which people said that about JH? hmmm...? *clenches fists and cracks knuckles* well, obviously, whoever said that never saw that classic one-finger push-up scene, lolz. what further proof do they need of his awesome abs? :sweatingbullets:

in all fairness, we don't really know if the said photo was digitally enhanced or not, and we probably never will (unless some disgruntled former employee of Men's Health comes forward and confesses on national television, heehee). after all, it's quite a common practice in the glossy magazine industry to airbrush photos, especially those appearing on the covers. so, i guess we'll never be completely sure. :unsure: HOWEVER, having seen JH's abs in all their naykkid glory many, many other times, i wouldn't be surprised either if his Men's Health's bodacious, bootylicious bodeh were 100% natural and devoid of any digital "tweaking." ;)

still, fans being fans, that's the spirit! aja aja! fighting! :D

what made me stand up and take notice about that one finger push up was the strength that this man must have as to be able to do push ups in that manner...whewwww!!! come to this ahjumma, jang hyuk ssi, let me feel those toned arms and hold your strong fingers!! :blush:

good grief... i'm... at a loss for words... I don't even know how to respond to this... Malia, you take the cake... Hands down, you win the award for Loopiest, Nuttiest, Battiest Ahjumma Ever... :lol::lol::lol: Grand prize is a giant replica of Jang Hyuk's thumb, plus a complimentary, autographed copy of each of his workout DVDs:

Learn Jeet Kun Do with Jang Hyuk Oppa!!! (In Just 2 Weeks! Results Guaranteed--Or Your Money Back!)

Learn Ballroom Dancing with Jang Hyuk Oppa!!! (In Just 3 Weeks! Results Guaranteed--Or Your Money Back!)

Learn Engrishee with Jang Hyuk Oppa!!! (In Just 3 Years! No Results Guaranteed. NO Return, NO Exchange, and NO Refund!)
:P:D:lol:

Guest wils

Hello~~!!!!!!!!

Let's share hugs with whoever is or lurking here!!!!!

Here are the uploads of Ep 19 and 20. Sorry for the delayed uploading! ;)

Ep 19

part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=91C8R2AO

part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SHW9E6R8

Ep 20

part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T6JB2G1R

part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F4P3F6W5

Thanks Mr.X for the info on the arrirang programming of Dae Mang. Looks like Dae Mang walks "Into the Sunlight" all over again. I read it is to be aired in Japan this June through Mnet media in Japan as well. Anyway, the arrirang news is great since we finally will have eng-subs. :D

HOWEVER, having seen JH's abs in all their naykkid glory many, many other times, i wouldn't be surprised either if his Men's Health's bodacious, bootylicious bodeh were 100% natural and devoid of any digital "tweaking." ;)

still, fans being fans, that's the spirit! aja aja! fighting! :D

Haha~ Ender's Girl and malia are anointed with the holy spirit of JH to serve as true JH supporters for good! ;)

Learn Jeet Kun Do with Jang Hyuk Oppa!!! (In Just 2 Weeks! Results Guaranteed--Or Your Money Back!)

I don't want to get money back! Like the people in Robbers who want to do diet boxing training with OhJoon~ !!!!
:P

Guest malia

Dear, dear, Ender's Girl...haha, you are so good with words and your sense of humor is outrageous...I LOVE IT!!! and nope, I take second place to you cause you win the grand prize for truly you are the ...Loopiest, Nuttiest, Battiest Ahjumma Ever...and I agree with you re: JH's fab abs...that even if there was a bit of tweaking..a man who can pull himself up from a prone position to kiss Young Shin in Thank You simply by using his stomach muscles and then do all those amazing things in the gym in Robbers has abs of steel and that's good enough for all of us ahjummas and especially me..haha!!!

And like Wils...I'll take all of your below creative marketing items..very clever, Ender's girl.

1. Learn Jeet Kun Do with Jang Hyuk Oppa!!! (In Just 2 Weeks! Results Guaranteed--Or Your Money Back!)

2. Learn Ballroom Dancing with Jang Hyuk Oppa!!! (In Just 3 Weeks! Results Guaranteed--Or Your Money Back!)

3. Learn Engrishee with Jang Hyuk Oppa!!! (In Just 3 Years! No Results Guaranteed. NO Return, NO Exchange, and NO Refund!)

YOU ARE TERRIFIC and a TRUE BLUE JANG HYUK AHJUMMA!!

Like Wils...i don't want a refund...and like the women in Robbers...I'd wait a lifetime for this gorgeous, something about him that cannot be defined man. Wils, thank you dear one for episodes 19 and 20. I know there are a lot of JH supporters who are lurking and enjoying Daemang. Darn it...if Daemang had subs, I know the discussions would take off in a heartbeat. I totally enjoy and love this drama but I too cannot express a lot of my thoughts about it because of not understanding Korean...Jang Hyuk connects with me in his excellent performance and my heart understands.

i tried to go to arirang-the king's woman-but there isn't a way for me to watch it streaming. do i have to pay for it or sth? i wanna watch daemang when it airs at arirang...can someone pls tell me how? thanks!

Archived