♣ ♠ ♣ Foundation& Face Powder Thread. ♣ ♠ ♣

Guest momo panda

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lovebit3

i guess you need a really hydrated face + great skin to start off with if you want a good end result. as for pinkish skin, you can try using skin correctors, they are something like a base to correct your skin tone. if you have reddish skin then use a green corrector.

Guest noodlenoodle

Use a green makeup base. I don't have rosy cheeks but sometimes I get red patches around my nose, which is quite hard to cover up with, even with my yellow based concealor. So just after I've moisturised I use No7 Colour Calming Make-Up Base (even though I don't recommend this particular brand since I have to use a lot for it actually cover the redness, it was just a cheap option for me) and dab it on any red areas.

After you've used it, then apply foundation/concealor as normal. For me, it works nicely and there are no red areas.

I think any green-coloured makeup base will do fine as they come in powder form, liquid and cream. And to answer your question on pressed powder, they're meant to control shine and gives a matte finish. So if you want powder that looks more natural, try loose powder. I use loose powder to set my makeup (in the morning) and pressed powder in the middle of the day for touchups. In my opinion, Rimmel London cool matte foundation is crap lol, maybe you should try a different one. I have dry skin so I know what you mean by foundation not melting into your skin. Chanel, shu uemura, Elizabeth Arden, Laura Mercier all do good foundations. You kind of have to experiement before you find your 'holy grail'.

Guest noodlenoodle

^ ooh i'm so interested in the green makeup base, where'd you purchase yours O_O?

I got it from Boots, it's their own brand No7. It depends what country you're from, I'm in UK so I just got mine from the Boots shop, if you're in America, then Watsons and Target sell Boots products. But like im` l0vEd suggested, a lot of brands do green makeup bases. Hope this helps :)

Guest momo panda

hey thanks to you all ^0^

but do you think people like girls with rosy cheeks?

or like Ullzang types, peachy & flawless?

Guest sceneygirl10

heres what i do for my redness:

-i wash and moisterizer my face, i use cetaphil lotion and cleanser, let the lotion soak in for a minute or so

-next i apply my smashobox photo finish primer, also let this soak in for about a minute

-i then apply my YELLOW concealer to my red areas, which is also my cheeks and nose area, just dab it on ( i use palladio yellow Color corecting concealer from sally beauty supply)

-then i use my foundation brush and apply a light layer of foundation, i use revelon custom creations in the light/medium combo, i use the lightest shade also

-after i move onto eye makeup and such to let my foundation dry a bit before i put on powder so it doesnt become splotchy

-after about 5-10 minutes or so after doing my eye MU i set my face with a yellow powder, i use benefits bluff dust, works wonders for me, but DONT use the puff it comes with use a nice powder brush.

- after that i usually put on bronzer for a glow or a highlighter but most times i tend to stay away from blush cuz why put red back on your cheeks when you just did everything you could do get rid of it??

i know this seems like alot.

but i guess all im trying to say is using yellow for me seems to be more natural looking cuz of my yellow undertones in my skin and works better than red color correctors.

♥♥

Guest flyaway

yeah maybe the green base helps

really good makeup for asian skin=shiseido. it's expensive but worth it

i use their lifting foundation ($40) and the makeup powder ($10+$21 for refills) in the medium shade. it's not too obvious but still has good coverage. i love it!

Guest yamaki_LOVE

I wanna know too (: hehe

But for me its scars <_<

I don't know how to use a concealer ^^; lol

But what's a good liquid foundation?and powder?Could we cover up scars with liquid foundation? Or powder? And how does concealers work?

A foundation thread!! yeah!!! :sweatingbullets:

I wanna know too (: hehe

But for me its scars <_<

I don't know how to use a concealer ^^; lol

But what's a good liquid foundation?and powder?Could we cover up scars with liquid foundation? Or powder? And how does concealers work?

Hard to cover up deep scars, the best thing u can do is to lighten the scars colours, esp if it's red. if it's red, use green concealer/makeup base.

- Then use a liquid concealer. blend with ur fingers. Blend properly. Concealer has a higher intensity than foundations, used only specifically for areas that need high coverage. there are different types of concealers, for acne, for freckles/white spots, for dark eye circles, etc.

- then use LF/foundation.

Liquid foundation can get cakey if not blended properly as well. I experienced that a couple of times because I have huge pores :(

set ur LF with Loose powder.

Brands to try:

MAC Very High coverage in my opinion. personally, I don't like it, cuz i find it too thick. but there are alot of loyal fans of this brand. U can try out their face primer (prep and prime) with their foundation. gotten alot of raves for their primer.

Shu umera: never tried before, but lots of raves as well.

Shiseido: never tried before, but lots of raves as well.

Anna Sui: good coverage, not very good at oil control though. moisturizing effect.

Ettusais: my favourite Japanese brand so far. currently even my skincare is under this range. :sweatingbullets:

ZA: very famous for being a outstanding drugstore brand. very high coverage in my opinion too. A touch of blusher is a big fan of it :sweatingbullets:

Alternatively, u can try bb cream. I find the finish smoother than using LF, and it doesn't oxidise as much. But it takes time to find a match to your skin tone and condition. might not work for everyone :sweatingbullets:

Guest momo panda

A foundation thread!! yeah!!! :sweatingbullets:

Hard to cover up deep scars, the best thing u can do is to lighten the scars colours, esp if it's red. if it's red, use green concealer/makeup base.

- Then use a liquid concealer. blend with ur fingers. Blend properly. Concealer has a higher intensity than foundations, used only specifically for areas that need high coverage. there are different types of concealers, for acne, for freckles/white spots, for dark eye circles, etc.

- then use LF/foundation.

Liquid foundation can get cakey if not blended properly as well. I experienced that a couple of times because I have huge pores :(

set ur LF with Loose powder.

Brands to try:

MAC Very High coverage in my opinion. personally, I don't like it, cuz i find it too thick. but there are alot of loyal fans of this brand. U can try out their face primer (prep and prime) with their foundation. gotten alot of raves for their primer.

Shu umera: never tried before, but lots of raves as well.

Shiseido: never tried before, but lots of raves as well.

Anna Sui: good coverage, not very good at oil control though. moisturizing effect.

Ettusais: my favourite Japanese brand so far. currently even my skincare is under this range. :sweatingbullets:

ZA: very famous for being a outstanding drugstore brand. very high coverage in my opinion too. A touch of blusher is a big fan of it :sweatingbullets:

Alternatively, u can try bb cream. I find the finish smoother than using LF, and it doesn't oxidise as much. But it takes time to find a match to your skin tone and condition. might not work for everyone :sweatingbullets:

haha I just wanted to cover up pink cheeks :)

but is the bb cream the whitening cream?

I like the green papaya soap, it smells so nice!

haha I just wanted to cover up pink cheeks :)

but is the bb cream the whitening cream?

I like the green papaya soap, it smells so nice!

never tried the papaya soap before lol.

some bb cream got whitening properties. not all. =) so see which one you get.

If liquid foundation works for u, then bb cream should work fine. :sweatingbullets:

Guest BEBixAMY

using a green concealer before you apply would work better than not using it at all.

u can find green concealers from every company

Guest xsmitten

^ Where in Canada do you live? I'm sure that they have BB cream at the Face Shop in Richmond Centre.. or any asian mall in Richmond.

I have some redness around my nose area, so I use Everday Minerals to even out my skintone. It works well for me.. I end up with no colour whatsoever, and I have to put on some blush. Haha.

Archived