[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

Guest amorille

Thank You Aug05 for the summaries! Man Soobin is getting really....annoying and desperate. She says who ends the engagement. But even if he does marry her. There will be no love, how can she watch her own husband love someone else. I am starting to think it he just wants Hose possessively and not want Saebuyk to have the chance with Hose. Even though I'm not saying that she doesn't love him anymore. Well she needs a wake up call.

Love the Drama!

amorille

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scarecrow

Even if Saebyuk agrees or wants to go to Russia to try to avoid Hosea or cause any more contentions between her "new" family and Soobin's, she will still have more difficulty/hardship ahead of her because she doesn't speak/read RUSSIAN and for someone young as her to be posted in a foreign land without family is really hard.

Guest damifino

Yeah, I know why but that doesn't make it a rational decision. SB hasn't done ANYTHING to cause problems with families and she must realize this, her decision to accept transfer to Russia will not resolve problems between SooBin and Hosae. I don't know how many times Hosae has to say this to SB before she understand this.

You are assuming that Saebyuk is a rational person. The thing that frustrates me the most about her is that she's an idiot. She constantly puts herself in the awkward situations with her own actions. Also she is being mealy mouthed and saying one thing and doing another. If she is going to go after Hosae, go after him. If she is going to forget Hosae, forget him. Don't tell him one thing and go buy him a key holder or find some other illogical reasons to constantly meet up with/keep in contact with him so that he keeps being strung along. As for her demeanor, it's not a matter of being a "good and dutiful" person who just turns the other cheek, because really, she doesn't do that either. She constantly gets pushed around and has things thrown at her face, but she neither accepts it quietly nor fights back, but rather says a condescending comment or two about the other person's (usually someone older) manners. She's always in the middle so she ends up getting dumped on AND badmouthed by the other person. She acts like a martyr and causes more problems with her middle of the road actions.

I can understand why Korean netizens hate Saebyuk as much as Soobin. I must say, although I enjoy watching the show on the whole, I'm not particularly fond of any of the main characters on this show. Even the so-called "good" people are just as annoying as the "bad" people. This is exactly the reason that YAMD has the distinction of having become the first show EVER to be broadcast on the Korean station here in Southern California that my parents stopped watching. They can't stand the characters and actors on this show. But alas, I've already watched 76 episodes so I will continue to watch until the end, yelling at the computer screen for all of Saebyuk, Soobin, Hosae, and Taepoong's frustrating and idiotic behavior :)

Ummm no. Physical violence is a no-no in my book, you want to sue me, fine...you want to tell me how bad of person I am, fine but don't lay a hand on me unless you want same back, only my parents have a right to hit me, no one else.

If someone was trying to sully your daughter's reputation and future? Hosae got off easy. In the olden days, he would have been beaten within an inch of his life in a public square. Soobin's mom doesn't realize what a messed-up lunatic her daughter is, but even if she did, what Hosae has done is something hard to forgive for the mother of the girl whose engagement has just been called off, especially in Korea. In the US, a broken engagement might not be that big of a deal, but in Korea, it's a huge deal.

Guest Ishida21

I couldn't be more agree with you 13damifino.

Hose is the most pushover guy that I see in a drama and I hate that. Moreover, since the begin.

In the past 20 episodes SB begin to annoy me a lot, she can't stand with this mind of move away to Hose, one time she rejects him and one time she follows him. In a way she deserves the bashing she gets from Mi-jung, Yeon-shil and Soo-bin. Not because she's weak but we can say she's an idiot about love things, yes.

But even if the main couple is not my cup of tea (for the moment maybe...), I still enjoy the drama.

(And by the way I was not aware that Korean netizens hate Saebyuk as much as Soobin :o)

Guest jbigdog123

You are assuming that Saebyuk is a rational person. The thing that frustrates me the most about her is that she's an idiot. She constantly puts herself in the awkward situations with her own actions. Also she is being mealy mouthed and saying one thing and doing another. If she is going to go after Hosae, go after him. If she is going to forget Hosae, forget him. Don't tell him one thing and go buy him a key holder or find some other illogical reasons to constantly meet up with/keep in contact with him so that he keeps being strung along. As for her demeanor, it's not a matter of being a "good and dutiful" person who just turns the other cheek, because really, she doesn't do that either. She constantly gets pushed around and has things thrown at her face, but she neither accepts it quietly nor fights back, but rather says a condescending comment or two about the other person's (usually someone older) manners. She's always in the middle so she ends up getting dumped on AND badmouthed by the other person. She acts like a martyr and causes more problems with her middle of the road actions.

I can understand why Korean netizens hate Saebyuk as much as Soobin. I must say, although I enjoy watching the show on the whole, I'm not particularly fond of any of the main characters on this show. Even the so-called "good" people are just as annoying as the "bad" people. This is exactly the reason that YAMD has the distinction of having become the first show EVER to be broadcast on the Korean station here in Southern California that my parents stopped watching. They can't stand the characters and actors on this show. But alas, I've already watched 76 episodes so I will continue to watch until the end, yelling at the computer screen for all of Saebyuk, Soobin, Hosae, and Taepoong's frustrating and idiotic behavior :)

Yup, I agree with your observation of SB. I too get frustrated with her actions and demeanors, as well as with HoSae.

If someone was trying to sully your daughter's reputation and future? Hosae got off easy. In the olden days, he would have been beaten within an inch of his life in a public square. Soobin's mom doesn't realize what a messed-up lunatic her daughter is, but even if she did, what Hosae has done is something hard to forgive for the mother of the girl whose engagement has just been called off, especially in Korea. In the US, a broken engagement might not be that big of a deal, but in Korea, it's a huge deal.

Even though I'm a Korean, I think because I wasn't raised in Korea or exposed to true Korean culture, I guess I'm not as sensitive to gravity of a broken engagement. But, it isn't like they lived together or had a child during an engagement, they hardly even held hands so I don't see Soobin's reputation getting ruined by a broken engagement and warrants physical attacks.

I've been saying all along that Hosae brought everything that is happening to himself. He should have known being with a woman like Subin will bring him more problems than a peaceful married life & with her outrageous mom, it will doubly be more difficult. But when he agreed to get engaged he overlooked all these & proceeded without much thought only to wake up but he already messed up. Now after getting the news of the break up, Yeonshil went ballistic. Yeonshil blames everyone but herself for this unfortunate change in her grand plans for her precious daughter & she's not about to give up. She'll continue to haunt SB whom she accuses to be the reason & Hosae who gave her family downright embarrasment. Now, she'll have to work closely with her witch in-law to return Hosae back on track. :fury:

On second thought, if Hosae didn't change his mind, will Subin show her evil side? Will she continue to be the loving & devoted girlfriend? I know she's a fake & pretentious especially in the presence of Hoasae's family. BUt the memory of SB being the woman HS truly loves will always lurk in the shadow thus, her monstrous jelousy fits will show one way or another.

I just saw the preview for epi 78 ... oh my, HS was talking to someone. IS it about him going to Russia with SB? Pleeeease translate!

But, it isn't like they lived together or had a child during an engagement, they hardly even held hands so I don't see Soobin's reputation getting ruined by a broken engagement and warrants physical attacks.

I agree with you, and I'm not Korean. It seems to me that if Soobin's reputation is ruined because of the broken engagement then it is really her own fault. HS broke p the engagement privately duringa time only her employees knew that they were engaged. He even gave her the opportunity to tell the parents and to have a graceful way out. Instead, she continues to hold on and blow the non-existent engagement out of proportion, up to an including calling a press conference. HS is at fault for getting engaged in the first place when his heart wasn't in it. No matter who your parents like, if your hearts not there then it's not going to work. But Soobin has no one to blame but herself for the fiasco that is her engagement. She knew all along that he didn't love her.

On the flip side, just a thought. I think TP is going to be the one to tell HS that SB loves him. I foresee him getting angry at HS because SB has agreed to go to Russia and saying something along the lines of him making her leave because of her love for HS and Soobin's engagement.

Episode 78:

I'm not entirely sure, I'm still very, very rusty, but it would appear that the Italian guys do like SB's projct and ant her to work on it. So Chilbok is having her stay to make modifications to the design and then leave for Russia. In the meantime, Soobin gets a hold of her modified designs and tears it up. If I'm correct, you would think that Soobin would get enough of destroying SB's work, afterall the other team members may not know t was her but HS does. If something happens to the work, he will think of her first.

Those of you more fluent help me out and let me know if I'm right. It only helps me to learn better.

i have a feeling that "10 minutes, please" usb foreign man is going to stop lohas from sending yoona to russia. his reappearance in ep077 can't be a coincidence lol...

edit nm missed all the comments on the previous page lol. yeah that is the same guy, lol i could nvr forget yoona's adorable english with him.

Guest dbart001

I just saw ep 78 preview, Urggg Soopinkberryi tear up Sb's work again. If she keeps sabotaging Lohas' designers work, the company will go bankrupt...LOL...and her stupid mind didn't remember that Hose knows what she did the last time trowing away Sb's presentation...She is soooo desperate...ANNOYING...

Guest sweetheart0085

I just saw the preview of 78.

Is all Soobin knows is how to rip other people's designs???

Is that how she became the head designer in Genie[her previous company]

Why can't she leave personal matters away from the office?

Doesn't she have some sense of professionalism???

Hasn't she gone WAY TOO FAR with this act?

Can't Lohas fire her for this, cos it's unprofessional?

These are questions that pop into my head as i saw the preview.

I'm really now - just feed up with her unprofessionism[if this is even a word].

Enough is enough :fury: ...and she should stop getting away with these nonsense she does at the office/company :angry: .

Guest sweetheart0085

editted:

I still love this drama even though it is taking soo long for major progress to happan between Hosae and Saebyuk,

But i am feed up with what Soobin is doing and how she still doesn't get that Hosae doesn't and probably will never love her.

I don't want Saebyuk to go to Russia and I also think that that man will ask her to stay and finish the project before she goes anyway.

Also the fact that Soobin ripped Saebyuk's paper just proves that she is still afraid of Saebyuk's abilities as a designer.

Plus i'm sure that Saebyuk kept a copy of her work just in case anything happens to it like last time.

Saebyuk...Fighting^^

Guest V A L XD

Hi Everyone...Today is my Birthday

Soo...give me a shout out^.^ :blush:

Please don't spam even if it is your birthday. We'll get in trouble because of it.

Go to the 411.

But happy birthday.

Guest sweetheart0085

Please don't spam even if it is your birthday. We'll get in trouble because of it.

Go to the 411.

But happy birthday.

Thank you V A L XD

for the warning and 411, i almost forgot ^.^'

p.s.

Is the drama really going to be 160 or more episodes???

I'm not sure how they are going to pull that off

but i guess i just have to keep watching...

and trust that there are more drama coming soon from any of the families.

Maybe this time, the drama will come from Sooyoung

who can't get a break from the Grandma on having a baby even though they have no privacy.

Or from Soyoung's daughter on getting a boyfriend or something...Just a thought^^

Also...

Can anyone please translate the preview text for Episode 78

수빈은 결혼에 대한 강박을 떨칠 수가 없고 호세는 파혼 후의 자신의 거취를 고민한다.

새벽은 해외 발령 전에 이태리 쏠 사에게 제의할 새로운 디자인을 완성하지만 수빈은 이마저도 파기해버리는데......

Guest soccer08

just saw the preview of episode 78. Lohas should given soobin a major warning because of what she did to soobin (to think she is the immediate supervisor). Then she did the same thing again... they should fire her already and it seems she's not contributing anything to Lohas. hehehe!

Is yuri and taepoong going somewhere??? I saw yuri packing her things... just curious. :) :)

Guest lolly88

p.s.

Is the drama really going to be 160 or more episodes???

I'm not sure how they are going to pull that off

To Answer

your qn :

The popular KBS 1TV's Daily Drama YAMD has been decided for a further extention of 10 episodes.

YAMD staff said, "At first, the drama was going to end at 120 episodes in the middle of November. After that, 20-30 episodes were added to end in the middle on December but another 10 episodes were added for an ending late December."

Another staff confirmed this and added, "We decided on this because we wanted the daily drama after YAMD to start exactly on January first of 2009. Also, YAMD is starting to pick up on its ratings." It is hard for producers to start another drama at the end of a year because of end-year specials and award ceremonies.

YAMD will be the last daily drama of 2008 by KBS 1TV and the daily drama that will start in 2009 will be the work of "Likable Or Not"s Moon Bo Hyun PD.

YAMD, which first aired on May 5th, got lots of attention due to castings of Yoona, Park Jae Jun, Lee Ji Hoon, and other New generation Stars. Lately, YAMD has been getting ratings of over 30%. It is because Saebyuk (Yoona)'s adoption has been confirmed and the trip to Russia.

YAMD has been keeping its pace even during the 2008 Beijing Olympics and continuing the success of past daily dramas.

Credits to: sosiz.net

Translations by: FanyLove@soshified.com/forums

Guest teautis

i second that!

I'm sure apart from that excuse of difficulty in starting a new drama, KBS wants to capitalise on the high ratings! If they want to drag out this drama, then they should at least make sure we get a satisfactory ending.

Guest jbigdog123

YAMD staff said, "At first, the drama was going to end at 120 episodes in the middle of November. After that, 20-30 episodes were added to end in the middle on December but another 10 episodes were added for an ending late December."

This drama is barely into halfway so they must have created some great crisis to keep it going.

Archived