[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

Thanks for the summary, aug05, now if what happened at the restaurant b/w HS and SooBin isn't called a breakup then I don't know what is. How much further does dude have to go before everyone considers it official? Well, I guess the parents have to be told, and oh SooBin has to accept it. As for the latter, I guess this show will end with HS and Soobin still engaged then. Lmao.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the summary, aug05, now if what happened at the restaurant b/w HS and SooBin isn't called a breakup then I don't know what is. How much further does dude have to go before everyone considers it official? Well, I guess the parents have to be told, and oh SooBin has to accept it. As for the latter, I guess this show will end with HS and Soobin still engaged then. Lmao.

No, no, no raineyrain ... don't say that please. Much as I dislike HS's agreeing to the engagement, though lukewarm, he is responsible because nobody drugged & dragged him to the event. But he realized his mistake & is willing to answer for it even if he'll earn the disappointment & frustration of his parents. He has to act soon & fast because the noxious 4 will be hatching up all possible means to marry him off. I came across a quotation that will be of help to HS in this situation, " No matter how far you have gone on the wrong road, turn back." He entered into a commitment that he knew was wrong & now he is trapped.

Guest vballer87

vballer87, where are you???? :tears::tears: I know you're subbing for soshi, but don't forget us over at Soompi :)

Ahh I'm sorry guys, I didn't know real subbing would take so much time and brainpower haha. I just finished subbing all of ep. 68, and I haven't even watched ep. 69 yet. I'm going to watch it now ^^ and i'll post a summary soon.

Guest kori65

Ahh I'm sorry guys, I didn't know real subbing would take so much time and brainpower haha. I just finished subbing all of ep. 68, and I haven't even watched ep. 69 yet. I'm going to watch it now ^^ and i'll post a summary soon.

ya ..it is tough to sub and really takes alot of brain power coz have to listen to everything carefully.

take your time..I am sure everyone appreciates your hard work.to others pls be patient ..vballer87 fighting!!

kori65 Posted Today, 02:56 PM

ya ..it is tough to sub and really takes alot of brain power coz have to listen to everything carefully.

take your time..I am sure everyone appreciates your hard work.to others pls be patient ..vballer87 fighting!!

Subbing does consumed lots of brain cells :lol: :lol:... Keep Up your good WORK !! :D:D:D

Guest vballer87

Aww thanks for the fighting cheer Kori65 and Aug05 :)

Alas, here is the summary for ep. 69!

Scene 1:

When the family hears about adopting Saebyuk, Grandma and Taepoong both are against it. Taeyoung and YoungSook try to persuade them to at least think about it and give it some time. Grandma says that even with your own children, there are times when you want to kick them out of the house, but how are they going to live with someone who's not even blood-related? Grandma insists that if they're going to adopt Saebyuk, then they should take her own name out of the family name book and replace it with Saebyuk's name. Taepoong talks to himself about how he sees Saebyuk as a woman, and is very disturbed by the possibility of her becoming his younger sister.

Scene 2:

Grandma asks Youngsook if she's doing this to fill the gap in her heart from Nayoung's and Doyoung's death. Youngsook replies that it's only because she wants to be by her side and take care of her and b/c she likes her. Grandma screams that they're too old to be raising another child now, and they've reached the age where they should be concerned about their own welfare first.

Scene 3:

Soyoung tells Taeyoung that Taepoong's behaving strangely after hearing about the adoption. She knows they're close, so she suspects he likes her. Taeyoung disagrees and thinks that Taepoong is probably angry at how Saebyuk is replacing his twin sister, Nayoung. Both Soyoung and Taeyoung vote to adopt Saebyuk.

Scene 4: YoungSook didn't think it was this hard to convince the family. She worries that if Saebyuk finds out what the family said, she will not want to be adopted anymore. DaeJung suggests not telling Saebyuk about the family's reaction yet, and to focus on the grandma first. He also says that Taepoong is angry because Saebyuk is replacing Nayoung and that with time, he will get over it. YoungSook talks about how she pities Saebyuk for not having a real home or family.

Scene 5:

Saebyuk finds the orphanage and asks if no one looked for her even after she left the orphanage. The lady says yes, and gives her a box of shoes she wore when she was found. Saebyuk talks to herself how she doesn't even know her own name or anything about herself. The only thing she has is the pair of shoes. When she goes outside, she sees Hose by the swings with the kids. When Saebyuk asks him why he's here, he tells her that Bokjoo told him she went to the orphanage so suddenly, and that he wanted to be with her b/c he was concerned for her. Saebyuk tells him to go back.

Scene 6:

Soobin calls Hose but he doesn't pick up. She says she's going to expose how selfish and bad he is.

Scene 7:

Soobin visits Hose's mother while she's looking at her wedding ring. Soobin discovers that Hose's mom doesn't know he took the day off from work. Soobin exclaims how the ring has a beautiful design, and Hose's mom lets her try it on. Hose's mom tells her the ring will be hers soon when she marries Hose. Soobin pretends the ring is stuck on her finger, and Hose's mom tells her that the ring must have found its owner and that she should keep it on.

Soobin talks to herself about how she won't let go of Hose. Just like how the ring will always be on her finger, she will keep him forever.

Scene 8:

Saebyuk tells Hose that no one knows why a four year old girl was crying alone by the sea. A police officer found her and took her to the orphanage. Hose asks her if she remembers her real name. Saebyuk replies that her name "Saebyuk" was given to her because she was found at dawn (in korean Saebyuk means dawn). Her last name Jang was the same as the Orphanage Boss. She questions why she was thrown away all alone and why her parents didn't look for her. Before she fell asleep every night in the orphanage, she would tell herself that her parents will come find her tomorrow, that her parents didn't throw her away but they lost her, that they will come find her while she's crying in her sleep, that she should sleep properly in case they come find her, and laugh and endure for their return. Hose says she grew up well, and that if her parents show up, they won't be disappointed. Saebyuk says she's frustrated b/c she doesn't know who she is and where her roots are. She's waited for 20 years to find her roots, but now she wants to find her roots in the people she loves.

Saebyuk thanks Hose for cheering her up in the car. Hose says wow, I haven't heard a compliment from you in a long time, or perhaps it's the first time. He asks her to dedicate one hour to spend time with him. They go to an amusement park, and he says let's forget all of our problems for one hour. Let's go back to when you were four years old and I was nine years old. They wear bunny ears haha and hold hands while they're on the ride :)

Scene 9:

Kim Soobin calls Hose and she suspects they're together.

Grandma calls Soobin's mom and tells her that the family is planning on adopting SB. Soobin's mom and Soobin are incredulous and Soobin's mom runs over to the

house. Soobins talks to herself how SB enticed the family to adopt her. When Soobin's mom comes, Grandma scolds Ahjumma and Ahjushi for creating trouble in the entire family. Soobin's mom complains how Saebyuk harasses Soobin. Ahjumma asks Soobin's mom what Saebyuk did to Soobin. She replies that she enticed Hose when he's engaged to Soobin just so she can get into Lohas. Ahjumma says Saebyuk got in through her hard work and efforts.

The Grandma and Soobin's mom say they will never accept her. Ahjumma says that Saebyuk has been her daughter in her heart for a long time already. Soobin's mom tells Grandma to leave the house with her, and she does.

Scene 10:

Hose sees Saebyuk sleeping so he pulls over and is about to give her a pillow when Soobin calls him. He doesn't pick up, so Soobin calls SB. Hose tells her to not pick it up, but SB does and tells Soobin that they're on their way to Seoul. When Soobin asks to talk to Hose, Hose hangs up the phone for SB. Hose then tells her that he broke up with Soobin yesterday. SB asks him how could he do that, and he says it's not because of SB. It's because he doesn't love her. SB is concerned about Soobin's feelings, but Hose tells her that she will get over it with time. He will take full responsibility for it. SB still scolds him for making this decision, and Hose tells her that it's his life and she shouldn't interfere with his decisions.

Scene 11:

Soobin sees SB and HS talking. Saebyuk tells Hose that she hopes everything gets settled well with Soobin. Hose tells her don't worry and rest well. He also wants to know why she went to the orphanage so suddenly and she said she will let him know later when everything's decided. Hose drives off, but Soobin tries to run Saebyuk over with her car. Saebyuk doesn't get hit, but she knows it's Soobin's car. Soobin talks to herself and says she wants to get rid of SB immediately, but she'll wait for a bigger event.

Scene 12:

Soobin's dad comes home and finds out SB may get adopted. His reaction is really happy because she works really hard at the volunteer-kitchen event. His wife and grandma are shocked. Soobin tells Grandma how much she hates Saebyuk for flirting with Hose. She can't fathom how she could be cousins with her. Grandma says don't worry, she'll take care of everything.

Scene 13:

Saebyuk tells Ahjumma that nothing is known about her parents, and that her parents must really not want to remember her. Ahjumma tells her don't be too upset because she grew up so beautifully without parents, and that she has them at least. SB asks how the family meeting went and ahjumma tells her that since it was so sudden, everyone was so shocked so they're thinking about it. SB asks how grandma took it, and ahjumma tells her that she went on vacation for a few days so she'll tell her once she comes back.

Scene 14

Taepoong is drunk: SB, I like you, can't you like me too? Not as a brother, but as a man? Can't you?

Scene 15:

Dad asks where Taepoong is, and he finds out he's sleeping at his friend's place. He's worried that he will return back to his bad drinking habits and sleeping anywhere.

Scene 16:

One of the co-workers notices a ring on Soobin's finger and Soobin tells her that Hose's mom gave it to her. She tells everyone to get prepared to celebrate. She tells SB that she must be tired from doing the volunteer work, and that she will go on behalf of her. One of her co-workers says it's difficult work, and Soobin says that she should have done the work in the first place..

SB remembers Hose telling her about the break-up. Soobin sees her in the bathroom and tells her she must have had a great time in Sok-Cho. SB tells her to please don't misunderstand. Soobin tells her don't even think about becoming a part of the Kim family. Don't even think about replacing Nayoung or becoming a Lohas living designer or being with Hose and that's where it ends.

Guest xiiaoduriian

hey vballer87!

i really wanna thanku from the bottom of my heart.

thanks for all the time that u have put in for typing out the translation...

but i hope that subbing and translating this drama will not let u be frustrated but make u happy[:

itsok if u have no time to watch and give us a summary...cos we know u have ur own life too!

also we wont forget that we have Aug05 who is always translating the summary faithfully.

thanks a lot once again!<3

Guest avicenna

thank u sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much guys for the summries ...

Aug05....vballer87......thank u .... God bless u both for ur wonderful work... ^_^

Guest vballer87

You're most welcome, everyone :)

and last but not least, translations for ep. 70 preview. I'm off to bed now it's 4:30am lol.

Soobin: You are such a bad person, Hose. Whether or not you were sincere about our breakup, I'm going to let everyone know that Saebyuk was the cause of our

breakup.

SB: I'm not trying to replace Kim NaYoung...

TP: I still don't want you as my sister!

TP throwing balloons: Why can't you just tell her that it's because I love you that I don't want you to become my sister? What are you scared of?

YoungSook crying: I really want Saebyuk as a daughter.

YeonShil: It was because of Soobin that we did that...

MinJung: If you can't fire SB, then send her far away from here.

Soobin: Even if you break up with me, you may never get together with Jang Saebyuk.

Hose: What do you mean "cousin"?

Yuri: Is it really that great?

TP: Yeah, it's amazing! (something like that, i couldn't really hear)

Guest pilseung1

Aug05....vballer87...THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR RECAPS/TRANSLATIONS. :D THEY ARE ALL MOST APPRECIATED.

Young Sook spoke up of the adoption of Saebyuk (halmonie, SY, TY & Dae Jin). Halmonie strongly against it and threaten to leave the house.. which she did leave with Yeon Shil..

The oldest member of the 5 witches is self-centered and without compassion.Just the type of person I go to great lengths to avoid in my life so that I can stay in a happy and peaceful mood each day!! B)

Soo Bintch is such a miserable cow and is full of sour milk. :phew:

Thanks a lot vballer87 & Aug05 for the translations ... how can we go on in this thread without you chingus! You make the drama more exciting with your updated summaries.

I want to see if HS will give in to Subin's threat to destroy him & SB before the people they know ... will he be intimidated & submit to the pressure of marrying Subin in order to protect SB's good name? If he does, he doesn't deserve the love & respect of SB.

Hihi, can someone tell me whether there will be the usual episode of YAMD tonight?

No screening tonite... Epi 70...resume on Monday 70회 :: 2008년 8월 11일 월요일

kori65 will be away for 3 weeks. Bon Vogage !!

Guest bluemoon1st

No screening tonite... Epi 70...resume on Monday 70회 :: 2008년 8월 11일 월요일

kori65 will be away for 3 weeks. Bon Vogage !!

Thank you for the reply Aug05 :)

Have a good holiday kori65 :)

07000014228.jpg

YAMD OST is coming out on August 12th!

01 ) 그대가 좋아! - 양선미

02 ) Happy Happy - 유리

03 ) 돌아가자 - 이현

04 ) 그대만이 - 춘자

05 ) Only in dream

06 ) 난 행복해 ? 래준 feat.춘자

07 ) A piece of cake

08 ) 어느 멋진 날