[drama 2006] Fireworks 불꽃놀이

Guest xosandy

^^ Yeah...This is one of the biggest let down...I thought we got through the bad beginning and it will get better but they totally disappoint us with the anticlimax ending and a love story that is so silent...we didn't even know it was love.

Oh well...we can all say... we watch this for KJH because without him...we woudn't even have this problem...It's sad that even KJH can't even save the drama...the script writter totally sink it for us.

But we're so close to the ending...I just have to watch the rest to see how bad it can get...hehe.....

Thank you kiki...it's just sad that we keep on having bad news week after week...I will also vote this scriptwritter the worst writer of the year.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest poisonliz2

I agree with you Luv. This drama got so much potential in the beginning. Then from the time when the stupid woman find out she is pregnant and bedding Injae when he is drunk that is the time the drama go downhill.

Yeap we will watch only for KJH. So close to the ending and yet still showing the engagement and so for. Gee so angry lah. Lousy PD, terrible writer and gosh what else. Such a pity for a good looking guy. Hope he get to do something better after this drama.

EH??? how come viewers don't know about this?? *scratch head* U mean us viewers have been watching a love story between Nara and In Jae?? that's so strange ... i thought they were just friends.. :phew:

*scratches head too*

i just got around to episode 8 ... and seriously this drama is so screwed up. after watching how IJ treat NR and his ardent confession/jealousy/pain towards MR & her relationship with SW ... i don't know i can like the guy (no matter how hot KJH is) and think he's sincere when he suddenly realises he loves NR all along. :mellow: someone should thwack IJ on the head. personally i think NR should just ditch both guys & do good on her own.

guess i can give up on this drama for good now. heh~

Guest SweetKim

From Non-clubbox thread:

Fireworks episode 15: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=65TP7T2P

I hate how there's no substance to this drama at all. It's a shame- this drama had potential with the actors/actresses. Sorry to the people who are in love with this drama- I just... am fed up hoping there would be something important to watch. ;):mellow:

I TOTALLY AGREE. first i was like NICEEE--an escape from all the melodramas. I like seriously LOVED this drama in the first couple of eppies. omg, but seriously this drama is like a potential NaRa and InJae relationship which is what viewers like to see...but then it took a humungous turn and JUST talks about MiReh's and InJae's messed up relationship<--which is really wierd..cuz i seriously don't think that "MiReh is in love w/ InJae" (she just wants him to dig her out of her own crapped mess)--like seriously how can someone use the person they "love" like that. Also, SeungWoo's role in this just confuses the crap outta me..cuz how can he suddenly have this epitomy about "love" when he hurt NaRa soo much, and now he seems like a nice bf of trying to help MiReh w/ all his heart. (SOOO out of CHARACTER) also InJae "Loves" NaRa not MiReh. He tried to love MiReh but his bro's past just gets in the way which is understandable..but considering the relationship that DIDN'T even have a chance to build up--InJae's feelings for NaRa are a little like WHEN did this happen. And also if InJae LOVEDD MiReh w/ all his heart in the past it's so wierd that all the sudden he'll be like NARAHH!! Each eppie is about us going to MiReh omg you #%*#&*U*NKDJK--and there's only one more eppie left and i seriously hope the writers will finish it off w/ a bang---the actors in this have HUMUNGOUS potential tho'...that i agree.

*scratches head too*

i just got around to episode 8 ... and seriously this drama is so screwed up. after watching how IJ treat NR and his ardent confession/jealousy/pain towards MR & her relationship with SW ... i don't know i can like the guy (no matter how hot KJH is) and think he's sincere when he suddenly realises he loves NR all along. :mellow: someone should thwack IJ on the head. personally i think NR should just ditch both guys & do good on her own.

guess i can give up on this drama for good now. heh~

i want to thwack IJ on the head too !! at times he don't even look all that confused when he's with Mirae.. at times he doesnt even look like he doesn't love her.. because he's always there for Mirae, always putting his arm around her, always wiping her tears, always smiling and looking at her... he's never really there for Nara so how can I believe that he loves Nara all of a sudden? from when did he start liking Nara? from the time Nara put deodorant on him? OH COMMON! or when he had to say bye bye to Nara because of Mirae? its just so unbelievable that he's in love with Nara. there is not really any profound incident that has led me to believe that Nara got him. even when he was putting makeup for Nara there was zilt chemistry..

I started liking this drama because KJH was in it, but then story just got too weird for me. I hate my choices of dramas this year!! *argh!!!*

Guest christiane

do you think if the story changes so suddenly of direction is because of Park EH...she is really well knownnow and maybe the PD don t want to lower her popularity so make another script.... :phew:

Guest jerilee

Two more episodes left and nothing is yet to be revealed. Two more episodes left and I am so relieved. Oooo... I rhymed. Hehe! Usually when the end of the drama nears I'm sad because I won't see the characters anymore or see the storylines progress. But this one, I'm so happy and can't wait to be done with. I'm just watching out of habit. I just have to finish it to find out what happens and for MiRae to get her dues. But geez it doesn't seem like she will until the last 10 mins. I've read so many laments in this thread and I wholeheartedly agree. The first 6-8 episodes did hold so much potential. It could have been so much better. What a waste! I feel like such a broken record repeating this everytime I post, but I just can't help it. After episode 8, I kept thinking that In Jae would come to his senses. There's no way that we get a drama without any romance between the leads. There's just no way that the secondary character would get more screen time than the lead. But then I guess that's the downside to kdramas, last minute script changes and letting ratings and popularity dictate the progression of the story :( Thank goodness this is almost over.

Guest DBSG-=

wen 16 comming out?

and is it the last one

ep 16 already came out in korea, its just that ppl didnt upload them onto clubbox yet, and theere are 17 eps, so we need to watch 2 more eps.

Guest kiki08

the preview for eps. 16 is up go catch it out

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/firewor...view/index.html

okies i think NR wore only one outfit in this eps. well whatever

translations of the words only words of what they are saying

NR: the things that are happening in front of you arent all the truth??>>>>this is what she said it sounds werid here^^::

MR: i'm not guitly

NR: dont lie

MR: IJ want to go to TOkyo with me??

NR: in your life you only loved one person that is CMR??

NR: i'm in charge of IJ

MR: NR yes you are in charge of the workers at the gallery but i am in charge of you

SW: there is 2 days left until the engagement and that is still plenty of time to fix and make everything alright

NR: i will do whatever it will take IJ away from you

this is at the bottom of the preview

'거짓말 하지 말아요!'

NR: dont lie

승우에게서 미래가 가진 아이가 나인재 아이가 아니라 자신의 아이라는 충격적인 말을 들은 나라는 어떻게든 인재와 미래의 약혼식을 막으려 한다.

SW tells NR that the baby MR is carrying isnt IJ but his and NR is shcoked but still tells him she will do whatever it takes to get IJ away from her

MR she looks like she was about to crash

IT'S KARMA richard simmons :lol:

looking for pics now

Guest choccy

i havn't watched this drama yet. i'm interested in it bcoz of KJH. but all of this comments make me lazy to watch it.... haha. :D but i think i must watch it even it's bad (bcos of it's my fav actor & actress) :wacko:

Thank you for the translations kiki... :wub:

I think Mireh is finally getting the miscarriage...It seems like she got into a car accident...ah...that's why we saw the bandage on her forehead...so she didn't comit suicide like I thought...hehe...

By now I don't think we care if she has a miscarriage or not...hehe...look what they did to us...we no longer have feelings for any of them...hehe...

I'm in no mood to capture and post these pictures...but I really pushed myself to have it done...since we're so close to the end.

You don't even know how sad I feel about Fireworks...The effect it has on me is so negative...It made me want to take a break from Kdrama...something I thought will never happen.

Anyway...here are the pictures...

ceyes000000034eb.jpg

ceyes000000067oy.jpg

ceyes000000460tz.jpg

ceyes000000119vo.jpg

ceyes000000121bq.jpg

ceyes000000560ok.jpg

ceyes000000162fo.jpg

ceyes000000188am.jpg

ceyes000000218dv.jpg

ceyes000000232ie.jpg

ceyes000000248mg.jpg

ceyes000000633tf.jpg

ceyes000000271xy.jpg

ceyes000000295mt.jpg

Guest poisonliz2

I know how u feel Luv. However we have to be careful with the PD and writer in the next drama. Should check out who is the PD for this drama. Anyone here know the name of the PD and writer. Should let us know so that next time if this PD and writer comes out with any drama we have to boycott the drama or just forget it. Urg what a waste of our time and gosh the writer must be out of her/his mind to write such crappy story. As a writer he should know that the viewer would prefer all the squabbles, fight and love scene between the main character. Not the 3rd party getting pregnant and have more airing time instead of concentrating on the main character. Well just have to continue and watch Episode 16 and 17 just to finish off the drama. Thanks Luv for all the caps and kiki08 for the summaries and everyone who have contributed to Fireworks.

Guest zinc

It's so depressing to see everyone getting disappointed with the drama. Maybe it's because I'm watching the chinese subs, so I know MiReh is suffering quite badly with IJ mum's constant picking on her, so I don't feel too bad about the whole drama. Anyway, there're only 2 more episodes to go. We can always look forward to other better dramas. BTW, I've decided not to do anymore screen cap summaries. One reason being everyone seems to have lost interest in the show, another reason being my poor health lately and a heavier work load. Luv, thanks for providing all the screen caps. OK, here's

Episode 14 screen caps summary:

bscap0162mv.jpgbscap0744ro.jpg

MR says she did worry about whether IJ will react coldly to the news of the baby, but she ultimately decided to tell IJ because the issue is not for her to decide alone. IJ tells MR he feels like he’s sick. His mind, mouth and heart all seem to be somewhere else and he doesn’t know what to say. MR asks if he feels any happiness at all, then IJ nodded his head unsurely, but doesn’t say anything. MR tells him not to tell his mum about the baby.

bscap2602st.jpg

IJ drowns his sorrow in soju again. Last time he felt so depressed, he kicked football. This time, he asks his friends to run a marathon with him.

bscap5042ro.jpg

[iJ is really mean in this scene, so I won’t translate their conversation.] Basically, IJ calls NR an ugly woman and asks her to leave. NR retaliates by saying even if IJ doesn’t want her to leave, she will leave eventually.

bscap9001ai.jpg

At the company meeting, everyone has praises for NR’s marketing proposal. IJ’s mum asks SW to quickly carry out with the marketing once the budget is approved. On the other hand, IJ’s mum blames the poor sales performance for the beginning half of the year on MR. She asks MR to write a report accounting for the sales loss.

bscap9861oh.jpg

NR teases IJ for having a hangover. While IJ is passing the products for display to NR, NR notices his long fingernails and asks him to cut them.

bscap11541qq.jpg

MR calls IJ to help her do a survey among the beauty consultants, asking them to write down: based on their experience, which product is the most difficult to sell and the reason for that. IJ bluffs that the survey is on company’s order.

bscap12262ks.jpg

NR is unhappy that IJ has asked the BC’s to do the survey without asking her for permission 1st. However, since IJ has done it, NR tells him to do it carefully because she also feels that IJ’s mum has given MR a very difficult task.

bscap12765qf.jpg

SW asks MR if she’s tired with IJ mum’s tactics of separating the two of them. MR says she knows that IJ’s mum has a soft spot for her children, and the only way she can overcome her is to love IJ more. SW says one of the reasons he can’t give up MR is because of her commitment to love. He then give MR a CD of the beginning half-year sales record.

bscap14457xw.jpg

At the car park, IJ offers to drive MR home and also to work in the morning. IJ says MR must be tired having to do so much work. MR asks how he knows and is angry that NR has told IJ what happened during the meeting. She’s upset that she hasn’t got the chance to tell IJ herself, and she asks IJ if he and NR is always discussing about her. SW is sitting in his car nearby, listening to their conversation.

bscap16236oc.jpg

MR asks IJ to forgive her sensitivity and mood swings. She asks how they can overcome IJ’s mum opposition. She asks IJ to elope with her. IJ replies that wherever they go, they can never be completely happy because he will always see (the image of) InChang behind MR, and MR will always see (the image of) IJ’s mum behind him. IJ says they can never love each other completely. MR gets worried hearing this and tells IJ to stop saying such things.

The next morning, a driver goes to pick up MR and send her to work. MR is very happy, thinking that the driver was sent by IJ. Actually, the driver was employed by SW.

bscap21621lp.jpg

NR scolds IJ for cutting his nails in the office instead of preparing for the upcoming customers’ trial. NR says IJ has been rude to her lately and doesn’t listen to her orders even though she’s the team manager. She says he’s making the other colleagues nervous because he’s the vice-chairperson’s son. IJ asks NR why isn’t she nervous. NR answers it’s because they have a special…, because when they knew each other, they were not colleagues yet. While they were having a tug-of-war over IJ’s last two un-cut nails, MR walks in. MR remarks sarcastically that they seem to be in a good mood, but also says that whatever happens in the office can be seen from the outside.

bscap21952ep.jpg

MR has gone to the shop outlet to collect the survey results that IJ has conducted for her. She also thanks IJ for employing the driver for her. IJ was surprised to hear that, but doesn’t say anything. NR looks dejected hearing that.

bscap23295or.jpg

IJ’S mum invites NR to her house. She reminisces about the old times: how NR’s mum used to help them when they were out of luck. She asks NR to help her cook seafood soup, saying it’s related to IJ.

bscap0002ef.jpgbscap1008ek.jpg

While washing her hands in the bathroom, NR recalls what happened between IJ and her last time. She remembers the conversation in which IJ teases her about they being fated to become a couple because NR is the first woman who has seen him in total nakedness.

bscap3243wg.jpgbscap4112vt.jpg

MR goes to IJ mum’s house to give her a present, even though she was uninvited. She looks jealous when she sees NR and IJ’S mum serving each other soup.

bscap4254eg.jpg

IJ’s mum says even though she had wanted the dinner to be a private affair, its impolite to chase away a guest. She then addresses MR as “Cha team manger”. NR feels nauseous smelling the seafood soup, so she excuses herself to the bathroom. IJ’s mum tells a story of the past, when she was still working as a sales woman all over Korea. She went home late one night after missing the last bus. IJ was very hungry and went crying over to NR’s house. NR’s mum had probably cooked seafood soup for IJ because after that, he kept pestering his mum for seafood soup. Being too poor to afford that kind of food, IJ’s mum hit him for a long time one day when she finally couldn’t stand his pleadings. After that, IJ never asked for seafood soup again.

bscap10628jn.jpg

After dinner, IJ’s mum says MR can go home herself since she has a car. She tells IJ to send NR home because NR has to bring back some gifts that IJ’s mum wants to give NR’s dad.

bscap11018jp.jpg

NR tells IJ to chase after MR, but IJ says he should at least sending her to the taxi stand.

bscap12161fg.jpg

NR: The current you cannot send me off. Don’t be nice to me, you fellow. I’ve given you up. No, I thought I can give up. In my heart, I’ve made the decision millions of time. You still have Cha MiReh by your side. I know how difficult it has been for the two of you to come to this stage. I cannot do this. “As long as I can sort out my thoughts, it should be alright. OK, give it up, and let it end here.” [i think she meant to say these were her feelings] That’s why I’m working so hard now. I thought working will make me forget you, but I ended up in the same team as you. Seeing you the whole day, having meals with you… I keep forgetting I’ve given up on you. Being chased out of home, sleeping at the attic house, finding excuses to work late at night…they’re all (excuses) for seeing you more often. In order to stay longer by your side, that’s why I did those things. I must be ridiculous right? “I’ve sorted out everything,” I told you this so many times. “Man-woman relationships are all or nothing. Rather than not being able to give everything, don’t give anything at all.” Even though I yearn for you, it’s still a one-sided love on my part. Pretending to be firm, pretending to be strong, and pretending that nothing matters. Actually I’m in great pains, InJae. *IJ turns his head away* Yes, you had better turn away, don’t smile at me. You smile once, my heart aches for a whole day. Sorry, I know if I say these, you’ll feel bad. But if I don’t, I’m afraid I’ll become crazy. This is the last time I’m asking you for a favour: don’t be to nice to me in future. Do not care if I go home at night. Do not care if I’m sick and doesn’t turn up for work or if I leave earlier. Do not care if I’m crying sadly or laughing happily. Do not care about all these things. You just look at Cha MiReh. When you’re upset, do not ask me out to drink wine together. When you’re tired, do not lean against me. I said I hate being friends right? Do you know why? Friends are when you’ve hopes of starting afresh. But now, to me, even that hope is painful. Now, we’re not even friends.

IJ: We’re just…just acquaintances. OK, just like you said. Colleagues in the company…our relationship are nothing more or less than that.

NR *nods her head*: OK, I’m leaving.

IJ is speechless, but has tears in his eyes.

(End of ep 14)

Thank you so much for the summary zinc. Please get well soon. I'm so sorry for bringing negative energies to the thread. Actually...I'm one of the biggest supporter of Fireworks...that's why when things go wrong...I felt like I was falling from up high and now ...the damage is substantial.

Actually, like you said...the episodes themselves are not that bad...but when I started thinking about how they fit into the whole story...my disappointment kept growing because the ending is near and there are no results. I lost all my hopes for them...I kept going back to read what MBC had in mind for the story and realized that they want to portray Nara as someone...who lived through all the heartbreaks and succeed in work. Here is the synopsis again if you want to read. So basically...the focus is not their love story but to show today's youth that they can succeed in life if they try. And that unemployed people can get back on their feet and become successful no mater how bad their lives seems now.

Well...It's good that they have a good message but they didn't present it very effectively. I've watched many good drama where the message is delivered but we still can enjoy the story very much. For example...in I'm sorry I Love You...they wanted to deliver the message about adoption...and it was presented beautifully. At the center of each drama is a love story...this is the first time they don't elaborate on that love story...and that's the real reason why I'm feeling disappointed.

Guest cynkawahara

I just started watching this drama over the 4th of July weekend and finally caught up with everyone. Also went thru all the pages in this thread, as I watched the episodes, to get a better understanding of what was being said.

Since I have been watching it without having to wait between episodes, I am not disappointed. I think Luv summarizedi it well, when she mentioned that it's about one girls success story as she overcomes obstacles in her life and becomes stronger.

Here is a woman, who is thiry years old, who gets dumped by her b/friend of 7yrs. During this time, her b/friend goes on with his career, yet she is still trying to attain hers. After she finds herself with no real job and no b/friend, she begins to focus on herself. Although she begins her career with revenge in mind, she begins to change after falling in love with IJ.

I willl agree, IJ is not the smartetst crayon in the box when it comes to his own feelings and I truly feel like slapping him for being so insensitive but....All I can say is that he is a typical male.

I think someone mentioned the finale could well be that everyone just goes on their own way. Very possible, but of course I am a romantic and would love to see NR and IJ end up together.

Just my thoughts and thank you to Luv and Zinc for the caps and summaries!

Guest chibilite

I still couldn't see how mr could have feelings for ij in the first place. It makes no sense to me from the way she was treating him earlier in the episodes. I was enjoying the first 6 episodes, the rest are.....slowly...turned into trash.

Guest estelle

..This drama seemed very exciting and fun at the beginning..now it's just boring and repetitive, or so it seems...i stopped at like epi 11..can't watch anymore..

Thank you so much for the summary zinc. Please get well soon. I'm so sorry for bringing negative energies to the thread. Actually...I'm one of the biggest supporter of Fireworks...that's why when things go wrong...I felt like I was falling from up high and now ...the damage is substantial.

Actually, like you said...the episodes themselves are not that bad...but when I started thinking about how they fit into the whole story...my disappointment kept growing because the ending is near and there are no results. I lost all my hopes for them...I kept going back to read what MBC had in mind for the story and realized that they want to portray Nara as someone...who lived through all the heartbreaks and succeed in work. Here is the synopsis again if you want to read. So basically...the focus is not their love story but to show today's youth that they can succeed in life if they try. And that unemployed people can get back on their feet and become successful no mater how bad their lives seems now.

Well...It's good that they have a good message but they didn't present it very effectively. I've watched many good drama where the message is delivered but we still can enjoy the story very much. For example...in I'm sorry I Love You...they wanted to deliver the message about adoption...and it was presented beautifully. At the center of each drama is a love story...this is the first time they don't elaborate on that love story...and that's the real reason why I'm feeling disappointed.

Same sentimental here... Initial episodes were great... enjoyed the flow when Nara when to match mate session... young lad going after her and their disco dance (IJ & Nara).....it is only the part when Miraeh's pregenancy killed the plot.. after a nite's fling and shortly comes to say 'I am pregnant with your baby" .. lousy line.... :fury:

Strongly believed everybody in this thread rooting for IJ & Nara and blend in some romances... Since it is coming to an end... will stick to the end... appreciate everyone's contribution to the thread...

Hope this week there would be a "cushion for damage" to the closing of the show.....our high expectation of this show...

Guest dream_on

gosh...i agree with everyone. i'm so disappointed by this drama. and after reading the summary for the final episode...i'm even more angry. so are NR & IJ going to be together for a whole 20 minutes of the final episode?! goshh this sucks. the whole MR & IJ story has been going on for so long and we haven't seen any real NR & IJ romance. just their "friendship." and i thought for a second i thought IJ was finally going to NR after he told her he wanted to hug her...but he's always with MR.............................owjeroiqjwnoneiquhwe. i'm not sure if i want to finish this :(

i think it's time for me to move on and find something better to watch =/ the beginning WAS really good too.

Archived