[movie 2009 Cannes Jury Prize] T H I R S T 박쥐

rubie

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ WAH.. new stills! :w00t: These are awesome sharing, lisante! Really appreciate the cool highlight, Thirst pics are coming out from CINE21.. no less! rbhcool.gif

From the second capture.. seems like the leading lady is the one "haunting" SKH-ssi.. huh.. :sweatingbullets:

hmm...really anticipating this movie...

I've been waiting so long for Chan wook movie.

I miss his gore scenes since ladies vengeange, hope this one can bring his specialty.

He is so good in describing the revenge and hate.

I like almost all of his movies.

I give my salute to all the female lead in his movies (Kang Hye Jung, Lee Young Ae, Im Soo Jung, .and now Kim Ok Bin), his works is not every woman can easily accept. There many steamy scenes in his movies, but after they act in his movie, I bet their acting skills will be appraised.

Thank's for posting the caps..:)

• 3 weeks later...

February 18, 2009

Korean films leave their mark in Berlin

Action comedy “Chaw,” directed by Shin Jung-won, was sold to 10 countries

17213408.jpg

Song Kang-ho in “Thirst,” which was bought

by a Romanian distributor at the recent Berlin

International Film Festival. [JoongAng Ilbo]

Korean films made their mark at the 59th Berlin International Film Festival, which ended last Sunday.

Kim So-young’s “Treeless Mountain” won the Ecumenical Prize, while Lee Suk-gyung’s “The Day After” took the Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema Award. Both are independent films.

Treeless Mountain portrays two young sisters growing up in the countryside. They have been abandoned by their mother, who does not have enough money to raise them. But their aunt, with whom they are sent to live, is an alcoholic.

The 89-minute film was first screened at the 13th Pusan International Film Festival last year, where it won the Network for the Promotion of Asian Cinema Award.

Treeless Mountain will be released in U.S. theaters in April.

The Day After tells the story of a divorcee’s life as she meets her soul mate. Although these were the only two Korean films to win awards in Berlin, other Korean films screened during the festival left an impression as well, with several sold and exported at the festival site last week.

Action comedy “Chaw,” directed by Shin Jung-won, was sold to distributors in 10 countries, including Germany, India and Thailand. The adventure story revolves around a wild boar with cannibalistic tastes living near a peaceful town in Mount Jiri.

Other films sold included “Marine Boy” to Turkey, “Haeundae” to Turkey, Malaysia, Singapore and the Czech Republic, and “Thirst” and “Mother” to Romania. Meanwhile, the main prize - the Golden Bear award for best film - went to Spanish-Peruvian director Claudia Llosa’s “The Milk of Sorrow.” The film received praise from festival judges for its detailed and emotional depiction of abused women during the turbulent 1980s in Peru.

The Best Actor Award went to Sotigui Kouyate from Mali, who starred in “London River,” a film depicting the 2005 terror attack in the London subway.

Austrian Birgit Minichmay took the Best Actress Award for her role in German drama “Everyone Else,” about an odd couple battling their way through a holiday together.

By Lee Eun-joo Staff Reporter [angie@joongang.co.kr]

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2901162

• 3 weeks later...

to be released by 30 April

박찬욱 감독 신작 <박쥐> 4월 30일 개봉 확정!

3-10.jpg

- 송강호, 무려 10kg 이상 감량하며 뱀파이어로 변신

2009년 상반기 최고 기대작으로 손꼽혀 온 박찬욱 감독의 신작 <박쥐>(제작 모호필름)가 개봉일을 4월 30일로 확정했다.

그간 베일에 싸였던 <박쥐>는 정체불명의 피를 수혈 받고 뱀파이어가 된 신부(송강호)가 친구의 아내(김옥빈)와 치명적인 사랑에 빠져 남편을 살해하자는 그녀의 제안을 받아들이면서 예상치 못한 상황에 휘말리게 된다는 이야기로, 한국영화의 대표 브랜드 박찬욱 감독과 송강호의 만남, 국내 최초 할리우드 공동 투자 제작, 뱀파이어 치정 멜로라는 독특한 소재 등 제작 단계부터 큰 화제를 모아왔다. 특히 이 작품은 박찬욱 감독이 10년 전부터 구상해 온 야심찬 프로젝트로 알려지면서 더욱 기대를 모으고 있다

<박쥐>의 타이틀롤을 맡아 <공동경비구역 JSA><복수는 나의 것>에 이어 박찬욱 감독과 세 번째로 호흡을 맞추는 송강호는 무려 10kg 이상을 감량하며 뱀파이어로 변신, 그동안 출연한 작품들 중 가장 밀도 깊은 멜로 연기를 펼칠 예정이다. 또한 피의 본능과 종교적 갈등, 인간의 양심 사이에서 고뇌하는 캐릭터를 리얼하게 표현하여 지금껏 보아 온 뱀파이어와는 다른 인간적인 뱀파이어로 차별화를 꾀한다.

<박쥐>의 히로인 ‘김옥빈’은 남편의 친구 상현(송강호)과 사랑에 빠져 자신의 매력과 욕망을 거침없이 발산하며 남편의 살인까지 계획하는 인물을 연기, 선과 악을 넘나드는 캐릭터를 통해 놀라운 변신을 보여줄 예정이다. 촬영 현장에서 보여준 연기력에 파트너 송강호와 박찬욱 감독의 감탄이 끊이지 않았다는 후문이 이런 기대감에 신뢰를 더한다.

이외에도 송강호의 친구이자 김옥빈의 남편 역의 신하균, 아들에 대한 집착으로 김옥빈을 괴롭히는 시어머니 역의 김해숙을 비롯해 오달수, 송영창 등 쟁쟁한 조연진들이 포진하여 영화의 완성도를 높였다. 여기에 박찬욱 감독의 전작 <올드보이><친절한 금자씨>에 참여했던 충무로 대표 촬영, 조명, 의상, 미술, 분장, 음악 스태프들이 총 집합해 또 한 번, 놀랍도록 감각적인 미쟝센을 선보일 예정이다.

특히 <박쥐>는 한국영화사상 최초로 할리우드 메이저 스튜디오 ‘유니버셜 픽쳐스’의 투자를 받고 북미 배급망을 확보해 한국영화계 불황을 타계할 모범 사례로 주목을 받은 작품으로 <박쥐>의 개봉은 국내뿐만 아니라 해외에서도 큰 관심을 불러모으고 있다.

제작사 측은 "그간 욕망과 구원, 존재의 의미를 탐구해 온 박찬욱 감독은 ‘뱀파이어’라는 파격적인 소재를 통해 정점에 다다른 작품 세계를 선보일 것"이라고 말했다.

2009.03.10 / 코리아필름 김철연 기자

http://koreafilm.co.kr

66966_57378_2231.jpg

March 15, 2009

Korean films to stage counterattack in April

After a brief lull of Korean films this month, several new movies are lined up for April, including the much-hyped thriller "Private Eye" and the comic drama "Why Did You Come To My House?"

A heated rivalry is anticipated as seven Korean movies are scheduled for release, with three hitting theaters on the same day.

"Private Eye" will open in theaters on April 2. The movie features award-winning actor Hwang Jung-min as a detective chasing a murderer played by Ryu Deok-hwan during the Japanese colonial period.

Opening April 9 is "Why Did You Come to My House?" a film about a mysterious girl, played by Kang Hye-jeong, who forces herself into the home of a man, played by Park Hee-soon, who is addicted to attempting suicide.

On April 23, the comic action fare "Level 7 Bureaucrat" will be released, starring Kim Ha-neul and Kang Ji-hwan as special agents of the National Intelligence Service.

One of the most anticipated films in April is the independent "Breathless," directed by Yang Ik-june, who has already turned heads at various international movie festivals.

The most heated opening day is April 30, when three movies are scheduled to join the competition. Among the contenders is "Wandering Mr. Kim," directed by Lee Hae-jun. The film stars singer-turned-actress Jung Ryu-won and Jeong Jae-young, and is about a man who starts living on a deserted island on the Han River after a failed suicide attempt by jumping off a bridge.

Critically acclaimed director Park Chan-wook returns from the with "Thirst" after a three-year-hiatus after his box-office flop "I'm A Cyborg But That's OK." Park's new movie involves a well-respected priest (Song Kang-ho) who is turned into a vampire and falls in love with a friend's wife.

Another is "Insadong Scandal," starring Kim Rae-won and Uhm Jung-hwa, who play characters involved in a mystery surrounding the Joseon Dynasty painter An Gyeon's masterpiece "Byeokando."

Other movies that have not settled on an opening date but are likely to be released before the end of next month are director Hong Sang-soo's "You Don't Even Know" (working title) and director Jeon Soo-il's "Himalaya, Where the Wind Dwells," also known as "With a Girl of Himalaya."

The crowded release schedule for April results from production companies' decision to skip the so-called "slack season" of March and avoid May and June, which is when major Hollywood blockbusters are scheduled to land here.

By Lee-Joo-hee (angiely@heraldm.com) koreaherald.co.kr

A teaser trailer.

:w00t: WAHHH!

lisante :w00t: what a fabulous treat to start the week with.. a brand new Thirst trailer. Awesome sharing!thumbup.gif

Wow.. lots of blood and biting, huh.. in true PCW style. :P Song Kang Ho-ssi is indeed so eye-catching as a priest.. another top actor dramatic performance to look forward to, total turnaround from his GBW weird-mode. The intensity is simply undeniable.

Btw.. a random & general question.. please don't shoot rubes for asking.. I haven't seen that many SKH movies.. but is this the first time he's doing an all-out onscreen love scene, no? :sweatingbullets: Yupyup.. saw the glimpse of some steamy action in the clip.. *oooOoo.. very interesting*

Guest Morty

Wow, just wow!!!

The teaser trailer is absolutely amazing - that chorus at the beginning gave me the chills. I'm so looking forward to the DVD!

I'm so waiting for his movie..

I miss Chanwook old movie style, i miss the gore & bloody scenes..

Look like this movie will give so much blood..:)

Hope this movie can turn to be a box office..:)

Ps. thank's so much for the trailer...:)

^ Oh mY.. with or without the legs..vampire.gif .. Thirst teaser poster is really blood-curling to look at.. the movie is already making huge impact with the trailer and poster & still images. WOW and double WOW.

Copied this from dramabeans.. for comments to read, please refer link provided.

Park Chan-wook unveils Thirst

March 16th, 2009 // by javabeans

Whoa. That sure is… eye-catching, to say the least. Here’s the new poster for Oldboy director Park Chan-wook’s upcoming vampire-priest film, Thirst.

The poster is kind of awesome for evoking not only the dark and provocative aspect of the film (check out the trailer below), but also the “bat” imagery of its title, which is how the Korean name [박쥐] literally translates.

The film stars Song Kang-ho (The Good, the Bad, the Weird and The Host) and Kim Ok-bin (of Over the Rainbow and Dasepo Naughty Girls, who’s been progressively cultivating her sexy image).

The film is scheduled for an April 30 release, and the promo for the movie is just kicking into high gear.

Director Park, who’s made his name and gained international recognition for films like Oldboy, Joint Security Area, and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, apparently conceived the idea for this film ten years ago. The plot deals with a priest (Song Kang-ho) who becomes a vampire after a blood transfusion, who falls in love with his friend’s wife (Kim Ok-bin).

The film isn’t necessarily my type, but you can expect it to be well-directed and visually evocative. Check out the eerie preview (I’m digging the spare string music):

Source: dramabeans.com

Posted on 03.17.09 to Korean Movies by hanfever

‘Thirst’ Promotional Poster Deemed Unsuitable For Teenagers

N2009031709463198001.jpg

The government censorship board has recently revealed its judgment on Director Park Chan Wook’s new vampire movie “Thirst“, in which they deemed the promotional poster unsuitable for teenagers and therefore ordered an amendment of the poster.

Well, as you can see from the top picture, the only difference between these two versions is the exclusion of Kim Ok Bin’s legs in the altered poster, leaving behind a black background. I can’t really how unsuitable it is for teenagers although it is a little suggestive. However, despite being forbade for use in South Korea, the movie’s production company intends to stick to its original plan in using the unamended version for promotions overseas.

Anyway, my true intent is to show the promotional trailer which was released at the same time as the posters. I think it looks pretty promising, especially in the way cinematography and Song Kang Ho’s acting. “Thirst” will open in theatres on the 30th April.

Source: hanfever.com, image from daum.net

March 16, 2009

THIRST-y? The trailer for Park Chan Wook’s latest delivers the goods

Posted by Kurt Halfyard at 4:52am

You might want to stop what you are doing and take a gander at the latest from the Vengeance Trilogy director Park Chan Wook. While we have been following this one for a while, across two title changes (‘Bat’ and ‘Evil Live’) and an injection of American funds. Because of the latter, (and the vampire subject matter) it has a real chance of landing with a theatrical release on our shores (Focus has distribution rights), unlike the quirkier I’m A Cyborg and That’s OK which remains relatively unseen compared to mega-cult hit Oldboy. It seems the vampire craze that is going on in so many parts of the world is about to manifest itself in the South Korean market in April. Judging by the classy soundtrack and handsome visuals and the star-power of Song Kang-Ho, this one could land big.

Anticipation? You bet. I am also getting Cronenberg-ian vibe. Here is hoping for some 2009 ‘Brundle-Fly’ moments.

Sang-hyun is a priest who volunteers his time conducting his ministry to patients in a small town hospital. Although well respected for his strong faith and dedicated service to those around him, he suffers from overwhelming feelings of doubt and despair about living in a world that seems to be drowning in suffering and death. With the hope of saving even one life, he volunteers to participate in an experiment to find a vaccine for a deadly virus and heads to Africa. But the experiment fails, and Sang-hyun is infected with the fatal disease. Surprisingly, however, he recovers completely. News of his miraculous recovery spreads quickly, and devoted parishioners, thinking that he has the gift of healing, flock to his services. Suddenly, Sang-hyun relapses. He coughs up blood and dies, only to open his eyes the next day in dire need of shelter from the scorching sunlight…”

Source: twitchfilm.net

Archived