Jobs For Age 14 In Toronto?

Guest alilies

Guest __CHINA.DOLL

I dont think your going to be able to find one T___________T

since the legal age to work in Canada is 15 ? if im not mistaken

Guest BBShine

My baby brother got a job when he was 14. He works at a pharmacy, he just stocks stuff. If you're not picky about your job (i.e. you'll work anywhere) places like MickeyD's, Timmies, and those kinda places aren't hard to get into lol or even a job at Ontario Place/CNE/Wonderland. But if you're thinking about clothing stores like Gap or American Eagle, or restaurants like Jack Astors or Boston Pizza... or basically any English-speaking store or restaurant, it's probably not gunna happen until you're at LEAST 16 with a face that looks much much older hahaha.

Oh! Or work at an Asian mall. They'll hire you as long as you can speak their language and demonstrate competency.

Guest DECEPTION

If you're really desperate, you can work at an asian restaurant.. All you need to know is the language. That's what I did when I was 14 <_<

Let's just say I'll never go back there again. :rolleyes:

I used to push the dimsum carts when I was 14 haha, easy but you just need a loud voice :)

Guest alilies

@ DECEPTION: OH REALLY? BUUUT... i called them before and they were all like "MINIMUM WORKING AGE 16!" t________t... is it cause of the restaurants in north york? :S:S:S!

@ BBShine: what kind of pharmacy :|? likee...shoppers drug mart? or O__O... id do anythinggg D8! asian mall? like ... pacific mall? O_O. but i only know mandarin and english. is that enough D8 cause i think they like canto ppl better :S :|

Guest DECEPTION

@ DECEPTION: OH REALLY? BUUUT... i called them before and they were all like "MINIMUM WORKING AGE 16!" t________t... is it cause of the restaurants in north york? :S:S:S!

Lol they didn't really care about my age :sweatingbullets: ... Basically if you look older then yeah :) When I started working at the asian restaurant, my co-workers thought I was in university when I was only 14 back then o_O :lol:

Don't tell them your age until they ask :P

Try asking around different places and find some place that's not picky about the whole age thing.

Guest BBShine

(: That's because the Canto is OWNAGE LOLLL kidding. I'm sure Mando powers can get you SOMETHING and yeah, Pmall will hire anything that walks on two legs (:

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Geez people. GOOGLE.

What is the minimum age for working in Ontario?

The minimum age for working in Ontario is 14 years for most types of work. However, 14-, 15-, 16- and 17-year-olds are not to be employed during school hours unless they have been excused from school attendance in accordance with Regulation 308 of the Education Act. Some regulations specify higher minimum ages for certain types of work, as follows:

* Underground Mines: 18 years

* Construction: 16 years

* Window Cleaning: 18 years

* Logging Operations: 16 years

* Factories or Repair Shops: 15 years

* Stores, Offices or Arenas: 14 years.

In a restaurant, the food preparation area would be considered a factory, with a minimum age of 15 years, whereas the cash register would be a shop - minimum age: 14 years. Special programs for young workers are described in a section of the ministry's web site devoted to issues of concern to students and young workers.

http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs/faq/faq_1.html

They should hire you if you're 15, but they use the loophole or whatever of their own company policy crap.

Guest CaramelSweetie

If you're really desperate, you can work at an asian restaurant.. All you need to know is the language. That's what I did when I was 14 <_<

Let's just say I'll never go back there again. :rolleyes:

I used to push the dimsum carts when I was 14 haha, easy but you just need a loud voice :)

OH! You were one of those? :o I asked my mom about that job a while back, and she was like "you'll get harassed a lot". :crazy:

Guest angel_cutie

gah...so some you should be older for...i dont live in toronto,but ahh...nobody's gonna hire me until in 20 -.-"

people dont believe in 15..soon..T_T they think im 12.

Guest tearle

For part time jobs, they would hire you at 14. Any fast food place should hire you, when I was at Tim Hortons there were three 14 year olds hired there. Just make sure you have an excellent grasp of English and don't act like kid and you'll be fine.

Guest boo`--NiCOLE

would pacific mall hire an almost - 14 year old ?

i think it's not legal to work yet ; but most of the things i see at p - mall aren't legal either x]

like bootlegged dvd's , fake stuff at JCY, etc .

i heard that they hire /anyone/ who's fluent in cantonese & english at the fashion stores

given that you look pretty with or without make-up & don't look too young :ph34r:

Guest SUKIloo

PMALLLLLLLLL , that's the way to go ; )

just joking , ACTUALLY I'm not ahha , umm but

for NONpicky jobs work at MickeyDs , Wendy's, and etc.

You get free food (y)

• 2 weeks later...

ohhhh, i'm 13 now, and when i'm 14, i'm so getting a job although i have to do volunteer hours <_<

i'll probably go to Tim Hortons, and maybe i'll try AE :P

Theres a job fair for Centreville at St Stephen's house on bathurst this saturday... begins at 12 i think ... and u would need to bring resume and identification if you are interested...

(heard this from school)

I worked at centreville last year so they do hire 14 yr olds... but i only seen a few of them around...

Archived