[tw Drama 2008] Fated To Love You 命中注定我爱你

Guest ripgal

Guest sarahpotz

This drama caught my attention because I read a book that has EXACTLY the SAME story. Rich Guy got a girl pregnant when he was drunk(FTLY.. he got drugged) same thing w/ the girl.. and the GUY actually have a GF who he's in love with but doesn't want to have a kid.. and then so ONE NIGHT STAND happen July 4th (US Independence Day) and then STEPfather of the girl found out by mistake too.. about her pregnancy and so he stormed into the GUY's house and looked for the RICH guy. Now the RICH GUY's parents are so kind and pushed their son to do what's RIGHT and also because they want to see their grandchild w/ them. Although the girl.. at first didn't want anything.. so she runaway.. and so on.. eventually the GUY agreed to marry her for the time being but after the child's born they will divorced and go on their separate ways.. without anyone knowing it.. but as they started to live together and getting to know each other.. and each other's habits became known to the two of them.. and eventually.. little did they know they're actually getting to used to their MARRIAGE life.. but the time that they needed to get divorced is coming up.. and so confusion in matter of the hearts became even more visible.. and the RICH GUY'S change of heart became even more stronger and stronger day by day.. in the end.. they went on their ways BUT they never really got their divorced done.. somehow things happening b/w them is trying to avoid it..

and so.. the whole plot was.. come baby.. come wedding.. come love.. the book is called SEPARATE BEDS by Laveryle Spencer.. it was a nice romance novel. and that's exactly made me watch FTLY. Evevr sicne I read the book, i've been wishing to see it in live-action.. well.. I did.. Wonderful Life.. but still Wonderful Life is different.. here it is really THE SAME. the only difference is the book.. is more dramatic while this twdrama is more comical..

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hamonrye

exactly! I too have read the book! I really loved that book. I was addicted to that book for sometime and it was really touching, sweet and sometimes sad. But I heard FTLY is from a Taiwan book. Just like La Vyrle's book I too am addicted to FTLY. :)

Guest Syjfan

I'm kind of surprised that Fated To Love You actually beat They Kiss Again. Both are great shows, but you would think that They Kiss Again has a larger fan base and would continue to hold the night until it ended (whenever that is).

Anyone watch both episode 2 of Fated To Love You and episode 15 of They Kiss Again (or what might be best is someone who has watched all of the episodes of season 2) can you speculate on the cause? (Beyond that it's a new show comment.)

You know why Frogprince has TV rating like 6 to 8? You cannot get this kind of rating unless the drama has a mass appeal.

Most idol dramas have TV rating between 1 to 3. These are the typical idol drama viewers who tend to be the younger crowds.

When an idol drama suddenly has rating of 3.81, and mind you, at episode 2 the story hasn't even started, it has the Frogprince phenonemon. It attracted the non-idol drama viewers. According to PTT, a popular Taiwanese BBS, this is what happened. One young poster wrote her mother suddenly called her up and told her "Hey, there is this very nice drama on TTV, you should watch it".

The repeat of FTLU episode 1 on 22 March (Sat) also achieved the highest TV rating for the day. Being the only program in the top 60 TV ratings and all the others were update report on the Taiwanese election. The TV rating of FTLU episode 2 on 23 March of 3.81 was also the highest rating on that day beating all other genres of TV programs.

Let's face it, everybody loves a good TV program. Although the supporters of most idol dramas would claim that their idols have excellent acting skills and how the scripts were meaningful and deep, the adults would differ on these points. Now and then, there comes a drama when even the adults judge they would like to watch as well.

I think FTLU's rating is going to be much higher from episode 3 onwards. The storyline and casting of FTLU is a masterstroke. There are many older and versatile stage actors/actresses that can attract the non-idol drama viewers. Even Cunxi's assistant, Anson, he was hilarious. And Chen Qiao En? She has already proven herself to be a strong magnet for non-idol drama viewers. I read from PTT that during Frogprince time, even some fathers and grandmas were chasing after the drama and they were asking their children "what time is the tianyu's drama starting?". One poster even wrote that her father was the most punctual in sitting in front of the TV waiting for the broadcast of Frogprince...

Guest asianromance

I had just started this drama today and I love it! It has got me laughing until i got asthma-especially the "robber in the bathroom" scene. As for They Kiss Again, I watched all of ISWAK but decided to pass on They Kiss Again because I'm not a fan of "sequels" and after reading the summaries to the manga, I don't feel like THey Kiss Again has anything really new to offer me. Some people disagree and I know my cousin's one of them. Fated to Love You's storyline seems very interesting and it's not often you have a pregnant lead in taiwan dramas. Also, Chen Qiao En has proven herself to be a charismatic actress so that's another plus. And moreover, the story is funny! They've even got the male lead involved in really hilarious un-suave situations like being bested by Xin Yi's brother in law, falling into the water by accident, freaking out when he heard the name Xin Yi, etc.

I do feel bad for Anna though. I feel like the main guy should have told her what happened--i bet she's going to come back and find him married. it's too close to when i hear abt girls and their long distance bfs cheating on them and having to find out from someone else. =*(

On the other hand, Anna should have just broken things off with him- how can she expect him to wait two years? I don't think the right thing would be to give up her dreams -i hate it when some dramas and people seem to imply that a girl should give up her professional dreams for a guy- but she should not hold onto him either. She is hoping to hold onto two dreams while he is just waiting there....she should set him free and in 2 years, if it was meant to be, it would happen...

and yes ethan ruan does look a lot like ming dao in this drama- i wonder if they style him like that on purpose...

thanks SYjfan for analyzing why the difference in ratings.Yes,Anson is super hilarious.and im guessing that the ratings will just go higher from ep 3 onwards..

Seriously im very proud of this drama.In fact,non other idol dramas will have the main female lead pregnant from the starting!!thats just so cooool.And im very impressed about FrogPrince's ratings last time,now i havent watch it yet,but i might watch it cos the high ratings showed me that it must be a good quality idol drama.

Anyway its my third time saying this of the week and i cant wait for ep3!!!!!^^

Anna deserves to lose her prince because she cant keep on breaking her promises to Ethan.

You know why Frogprince has TV rating like 6 to 8? You cannot get this kind of rating unless the drama has a mass appeal.

Most idol dramas have TV rating between 1 to 3. These are the typical idol drama viewers who tend to be the younger crowds.

When an idol drama suddenly has rating of 3.81, and mind you, at episode 2 the story hasn't even started, it has the Frogprince phenonemon. It attracted the non-idol drama viewers. According to PTT, a popular Taiwanese BBS, this is what happened. One young poster wrote her mother suddenly called her up and told her "Hey, there is this very nice drama on TTV, you should watch it".

The repeat of FTLU episode 1 on 22 March (Sat) also achieved the highest TV rating for the day. Being the only program in the top 60 TV ratings and all the others were update report on the Taiwanese election. The TV rating of FTLU episode 2 on 23 March of 3.81 was also the highest rating on that day beating all other genres of TV programs.

Let's face it, everybody loves a good TV program. Although the supporters of most idol dramas would claim that their idols have excellent acting skills and how the scripts were meaningful and deep, the adults would differ on these points. Now and then, there comes a drama when even the adults judge they would like to watch as well.

I think FTLU's rating is going to be much higher from episode 3 onwards. The storyline and casting of FTLU is a masterstroke. There are many older and versatile stage actors/actresses that can attract the non-idol drama viewers. Even Cunxi's assistant, Anson, he was hilarious. And Chen Qiao En? She has already proven herself to be a strong magnet for non-idol drama viewers. I read from PTT that during Frogprince time, even some fathers and grandmas were chasing after the drama and they were asking their children "what time is the tianyu's drama starting?". One poster even wrote that her father was the most punctual in sitting in front of the TV waiting for the broadcast of Frogprince...

Very well said Syjfan! :D

I think there’s a possibility FTLU will spark off a similar craze like PTF/FrogPrince – drawing a wide span of viewers – like you said, parents are enjoying it as well. I found the story fascinating and with a sticky-note-character, it has attracted many Xin Yi’s alike to tune in to watch how Qiao En portrays a character that strongly resembles themselves. Boasting a strong ensemble of talented young and veteran stars, FTLU has all the right elements to appeal to everyone.

What is so unique about this drama is that it did not take ages to reveal the most interesting plots and the first episode has instantly moved our hearts with the awesome chemistry and acting – for such genre, normally it would have taken much later for viewers to develop the kind of intense feelings towards the main couple. We see none of the norms repeated in this drama and it just advanced to another level of interesting introduction of other role characters – hope it will maintain its interesting story telling pace. So far, I like the way they produced this drama – the hilarious comic feel of the love-making scene, the fictional alter-ego of QE adds another dimension to the plot and the cute-slot BTS. No wonder, QE has been revealing to us in her blog how pleased and thrilled she is after reading the script and dropped hints on how different this drama is going to be produced......so far we are not disappointed. :)

With just 2 episodes broad casted, it has already thrilled so many viewers with its hooking-ly-entertaining and refreshing story plots which were very well translated to the screen through great acting and effective-sound and comic effects including the songs too. Contrary to the commonly manga adapted production of drama, FTLU story was the work of script writer(s) and then SETTV created the characters with “manga-feel” to suit the current trend of viewer’s taste. I heard the novel has already been released and many readers enjoyed the story line tremendously.

Hope FTLU will create another sensational success like PTF, if not better…..Jiayou!!

I found this drama abit better than Kiss 2.

It's alot more funnier and things happens all da time... maybe it will drag abit later on, but first 2 eps were great!

Atm, KIss 2 is draggin for me. It's like the same thing over and over again. I actually think it's ending soon, cos the storyline seems like it's going to end soon.

Nothing really happens and the storyline doesn't move.

There's too many side stories. I mean seriously, I dunt want to know about the younger brother dating the 'gf'... who cares..

I want to see more main characters and what they go through in relationship.

Can't wait for FTLY this weekend!! hehe....

Guest asianromance

I found the story fascinating and with a sticky-note-character, it has attracted many Xin Yi’s alike to tune in to watch how Qiao En portrays a character that strongly resembles themselves. Boasting a strong ensemble of talented young and veteran stars, FTLU has all the right elements to appeal to everyone.

seriously! part of the reason why i loved it is because I'm a sticky-note character myself (though I'd like to think I have a little more backbone than XY) and I wear black rimmed glasses and style my hair like Xin Yi in the drama...so you can say, I really identified with her. I read in a blog talking abt the tv series..."because in the drama Chen Xin Yi is a sticky note girl, SET conducted a “sticky note generation” survey together with 1111 manpower bank and found that there are 20% rate of “sticky note generation” at the workplace; which has the characteristics of “does not pursue outer beauty”, “cares a lot about what others think of themselves” and “does not dare to take the initiative when they meet the people they like”. Besides this, above 75% of the people surveyed likes to work with sticky note generation; what is contradictory is, 65% does not like being the sticky note generation!"

the blog entry

I'm also happy that the main guy is actually a really nice guy who does act cold sometimes but you can often tell he's human rather than superhuman. Look at how hilariously annoyed he is by the factory guys- he doesn't talk that harshly or coldly with them- and how though he accused Xin Yi of being a part of the factory workers' scheme, he stood up for her when her ex-bf humiliated her. He could have let her go on her way, but he helps her get back at her ex-bf and stood up for her at the office and later when Xin Yi's mom was scolding her in the upcoming episode 3! As I get older, I'm getting more and more tired of jerks in dramas. I love an overall nice, decent guy!

Just finished Ep. 2.

The main lead actor's acting bugs me..... he seems quite stiff.

I thought the church scene was really cute :D.... lol but the whole washroom scene was embarrasing >_< what kind of police would expose outcome to the media?

anyways I really like the show. I have a short attention span, but I love it because it's not draggy... i'm giggling every 5-10 mins.

The characters are predictible/typical but it's still quite entertaining...

Guest summers83

This drama caught my attention because I read a book that has EXACTLY the SAME story. Rich Guy got a girl pregnant when he was drunk(FTLY.. he got drugged) same thing w/ the girl.. and the GUY actually have a GF who he's in love with but doesn't want to have a kid.. and then so ONE NIGHT STAND happen July 4th (US Independence Day) and then STEPfather of the girl found out by mistake too.. about her pregnancy and so he stormed into the GUY's house and looked for the RICH guy. Now the RICH GUY's parents are so kind and pushed their son to do what's RIGHT and also because they want to see their grandchild w/ them. Although the girl.. at first didn't want anything.. so she runaway.. and so on.. eventually the GUY agreed to marry her for the time being but after the child's born they will divorced and go on their separate ways.. without anyone knowing it.. but as they started to live together and getting to know each other.. and each other's habits became known to the two of them.. and eventually.. little did they know they're actually getting to used to their MARRIAGE life.. but the time that they needed to get divorced is coming up.. and so confusion in matter of the hearts became even more visible.. and the RICH GUY'S change of heart became even more stronger and stronger day by day.. in the end.. they went on their ways BUT they never really got their divorced done.. somehow things happening b/w them is trying to avoid it..

and so.. the whole plot was.. come baby.. come wedding.. come love.. the book is called SEPARATE BEDS by Laveryle Spencer.. it was a nice romance novel. and that's exactly made me watch FTLY. Evevr sicne I read the book, i've been wishing to see it in live-action.. well.. I did.. Wonderful Life.. but still Wonderful Life is different.. here it is really THE SAME. the only difference is the book.. is more dramatic while this twdrama is more comical..

Which bookstore did you bought it from? I would want to get that novel too. Is Kinokuniya or Page One available?

Guest Rainie

I thought episode 2 was pretty good...not as exciting as the first episode, but it's mostly character introduction, so it's still relatively good. I never noticed this before in other dramas...but Ethan is hot...<3...lol...his character just makes me like him a lot.

I thought episode 2 was pretty good...not as exciting as the first episode, but it's mostly character introduction, so it's still relatively good. I never noticed this before in other dramas...but Ethan is hot...<3...lol...his character just makes me like him a lot.

im just happy that he got this kind of character..i thought he was adorable-dorky cute in summer x summer because his character was shy...

but when he did the rich guy kind of mean but nice plus the suit-he got hotter hehehe...

if the series keeps getting good ratings, i think ethan is going to be one of those rising lead actors in the future..

Guest nvr2clich3

I just finish watching 2 eps!

Its really funny at some part and i like how they film it quite creatively? haha ^^ anyway, cant wait till sunday!

i was watching ep 2 and noticed that qiao en is using the same mobile phone she used in ying ye 3+1.. when she was debating whether or not to call ethan, the list of contacts had "dian bing xiang" :lol: - the nickname for ming dao in ying ye 3+1 ... wonder if it is her personal mobile ?

Guest dsespramour

i have a question to anybody that might know the answer to this question :]

does she get an

abortion

in the future? >__<

Guest lilswtangel

*awaits patiently for the 3rd episode*

The 2nd episode was sooo good, but now I really can't wait until the grandmother confrontation scene. LOL~:blush:

Guest asianromance

i have a question to anybody that might know the answer to this question :]

does she get an

abortion

in the future? >__<

only 2 episodes are out so far. And i doubt she will get an abortion- i thought the whole pt of the drama was that this pregnancy throws her and the main guy together and causes them to marry. if she wanted an abortion, wouldn't she have just go and get one instead of ruminating over whether to tell the guy or not?

Guest swtdrms_society

just started watching this drama and it's so funny.. it's been awhile since I actually liked a drama this well..can't wait to watch more!!!

Archived