What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually read several books at a time, so if I get bored of one, I can read another one.

At the moment I'm reading:

"Stoneheart" by Charlie Fletcher (was hoping for better but I hope it gets more interesting)

"New Moon" by Stephanie Meyer (can't seem to keep going because don't like Jackob)

The History of Education vol 3 (soooo interesting even though it's compulsory for a lecture)

"Strangers in Death" by JD Robb (love the series)

Guest SEaCrET_WisH

"Still life with Crows" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child.

LOve all of their books. Especially Cabinet of Curiosities.

Guest xxflyingcookiez

Please Stop Laughing at Me by Jodee Blanco

It's a memoir about this girl who was bully from elementary to high school. It's a very good book, very insightful

Guest ginger

To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee

I'm reading it for English.

One of my favorite books. I'm going to name my first son "Atticus." :)

I finished Murakami's "Dance Dance Dance" and now I'm on his "Norwegian Wood." Even though I enjoyed "DDD" and there were some great moments in it, overall it left me without a really strong impression. I'm on page 105 of "NW" and, already, it is incredibly striking for me.

-ginger

Guest zuany

I've just finished Nightlife by Rob Thurman and moved on Moonshine, the second book in the series.

The books remind me quite a lot of the TV show Supernatural but I enjoyed them nevertheless.

Guest lulybonynsungie

Blink by Malcolm Gladwell! im also reading his Outlier at the same time, almost done with it

good reads

Guest colloquy

The Mysterous Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart.

Interesting thus far, a bit reminiscent of Harry Potter. Not as transfixing, but still interesting, and the writing is a bit better. I found it at Marshall's for $5.

Currently reading:

Vanishing Acts - Jodi Picoult (Picoult really has a knack for emotionally draining books. I am enjoying this so far.)

The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova (One of the best I've read so far! If you're a history buff, then you'll love this one)

Sputnik Sweetheart - Murakami (I am a huge fan of Murakami. SS is like Norwegian Wood, in my opinion. what with all the sex happening.)

Guest crashandburn

The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger

Halfway through this book. Got confused with the dates at the beginning, but i'm used to it now.

Archived