What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lampshade

I'm trying to finish reading Midnight's Children BUT I have to read chapters for Things Fall Apart for school. Both books are really good so far. Then today my English teacher gave us this AMAZING literature book with a bunch of plays and short stories I want to read. UGH.

I just finished 'Catching Fire' and it was just wow. My heart really went out to one particular character in this book. I'm excited for the third book. <3

I'm STILL reading 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' ; haha, for some reason it's pretty slow reading for me. The book doesn't make me want to read it ; it's just something to pass time. x_x

Can I get some book suggestions? Nothing too sci-fi, but I'm open to everything else.

Catching Fire was awesome! Who is this character in particular?? :)

Recommendations:

Bittersweet Fantasy

Valley Of The Wolves

Almost like a Fairy Tale with a twist story

Princess Academy

Coming of Age/Drama

Criss Cross

All Alone in the Universe

Alan and Naomi :blush:

Midnight Fox :blush:

Along Came A Dog :blush:

Newbies at Sea

Pirates! :blush:

Stowaway

Classics

Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm

Harriet the Spy

A Room with a View :blush:

Daddy Long Legs :blush:

Anne of Green Gables (all 8 books in the series) :blush:

Alice in Wonderland

Pride and Prejudice :blush:

Pre-Twilight Vampire Book <3

The Silver Kiss :blush:

Teens Living in Old Times

The Midwife's Apprentice

Lyddie :blush:

The Ravenmaster's Secret

Ten Cents a Dance

History/Fantasy

The Blessing Stone :blush:

Romance

Flipped

Asking for Trouble :blush:

Girl v. Boy

Every Boy's Got One

Can You Keep a Secret?

Queen of Babble

The Girl Who Invented Romance :blush:

anything by Sarah Dessen esp. Just Listen :blush:

Fantasy

Circle of Magic Series by Tamora Pierce

The City of Ember Series (all 4 books) :blush::blush:

The Bartimaeus Trilogy (all 3 books) :blush::blush::blush:

High School

The Year of Secret Assignmets

Feeling Sorry for Celia

The Murder of Mindy Mackenzie

Adventure with underlying fantasy

The Egypt Game :blush:

Tom's Midnight Garden :blush:

Short Stories :blush:

Instead of Three Wishes

Witches Inc.

Being Dead

Twelve Impossible Things Before Breakfast

100 Great Science Fiction Short Short Stories (complied by Issac Asimov)

Humor

The Boys Start the War by: Phyllis Reynolds Naylor (and the next 11 books- about 100 pages each) :blush::blush:

Guest hunterheart

A Good is Hard to Find and Other Short Stories by Flannery O'Connor. I recommend to those who are looking for some ideas and religious insights about the catholic faith.

Guest zoobidubi123

So, i've been reading two books laltey.

Winter Stars, By Larry Levis. I think i've said this before, but he's a pretty amazing poet. there are so many times where i just feel that cold snap go up my spine after reading one of his poems. A lot of people say its his best book, and i do agree that its pretty awesome.

I'm also reading "A Drink with Shane MacGowan," a biography about the lead singer of the Pogues. Not too far into it, but its pretty interesting. its set up like an interview with bits of narrative thrown into the mix... though the narrative parts tend to be terribly written, way to many adverbs for me. every time i feel one coming i have to cover it up with my thumb and skip it.

I just finished 'Catching Fire' and it was just wow. My heart really went out to one particular character in this book. I'm excited for the third book. <3
I finished The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins for about 2 days and its sequel, Catching Fire for just 1 day...

They're AWESOME...GREAT....SO ADDICTIVE....

Highly recommended....

Ooh yeah, Catching Fire is indeed awesome. Katniss Everdeen is an incredible character, my favorite female in literature at the moment. Beware, the book ends on an intense cliffy, leaving you convulsing and needing book three more than ever. T__T It’s rumored to be entitled “The Victors” (due out August 24th). Can’t wait! :D

Ooh yeah, Catching Fire is indeed awesome. Katniss Everdeen is an incredible character, my favorite female in literature at the moment. Beware, the book ends on an intense cliffy, leaving you convulsing and needing book three more than ever. T__T It’s rumored to be entitled “The Victors” (due out August 24th). Can’t wait! :D

Oooh! August 24th of this year?! That's not soo soooo far way!!! :D Yay! Thanks for the info!

And yes, the story is sooo captivating! I love the main characters, I really don't know how the romance is going to go, and their are soo many lose ends I just want answered! I want book 3! X)

Guest HiddenTruth

Sorry for cutting your post short.

The character was Peeta ; I've developed a bias towards his character, hehe.

& Thank you very much for the recommendations. Once I find my library card/get a new one, I'll add them to my list of books to be sent to my house. We share a similar taste in books ; I've actually read quite a few of the books on the list already. x)

Archived