What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Christinaisweird

Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood by Eileen Cook

Saw this at Barnes&Noble on the teen shelf. Definitely on my list to-read.

Julius Caesar by Shakespeare, for class

Sneaker Wars by Barbara Smit, outside class assignment.Really interesting, the brothers are creators of Adidas and Puma(both brands are my favorites).

Guest lady_muimui

I want to read a vampire/immortal book..can somebody recommend me a good one? (=

I like Vampire Academy. The main character is a dhampir though, not a full-blooded vampire. Basically it's about these two girls in Vampire Academy, a school for both vampires and dhampirs, although the two take separate classes. Dhampirs are trained to guard vampires when they graduate, so the main character is quite the tough cookie in contrast with Bella from Twilight. Drama+Action=<33

Guest starstung

Edgar and Ellen: Hot Air by Charles Ogden

I was hoping it would have a lot of cartoons like the first series but it's still good.

Guest themadwriter

I'm reading four at the moment.

The Perks of being a Wallflower (4th time reading it :) )

The Catcher and the Rye

The Five People You Meet In Heaven

By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept

Guest anime_angel_39_1

The Jungle by Upton Sinclair

it's interesting but brutally honest in its details.

but i'm reading this book for my indep reading project which is due tomorrow = :(

bad thing is, it takes a long time to read.

this book isnt a dense read at all. but details are crammed into every page and a lot happens in one page flip.

i recommend it only to read in your spare time

and just finished heart of darkness by conrad. the densest read ever. its only 200 pages but i spent almost an entire day, slaving through it.

i dont recommend it lol but if you really want to exercise your mind, be my guest.

the girl who played with fire - Stieg Larsson

now waiting for the 3rd book (of the trilogy) - the girl who kicked the hornet's nest

too bad Stieg Larsson passed away too soon. He has created a very strong and unique character in his books.

Guest ★ rain-a-sky ★

hunger by lan samantha chang

Guest JustUNuSUal

I tried to read The Time Traveler's Wife, and I know what everyone says about it, that it's an awesome story, awesome book, awesome writing etc. But I got bored about 50% of the way in and gave up :(

I guess it's cuz the stories I usually read are those by Robin Cook, Tess Gerritsen, Jeffrey Deaver, Michael Crichton and PJ Tracy, medical/crime stuff.

Sooo...

anyone with a good medical thriller/crime story to recommend? Pls PM me if you do :D

I just finished the book a couple of days ago. And indeed, it is quite vehement..Heathcliff is so vengeful, which is quite understanding actually, but I can't help to feel a bit disgusted by him..especially at the end. It was an okay read though, but yeah, I wouldn't be able to read it for the second time either (=

I want to read a vampire/immortal book..can somebody recommend me a good one? (=

Yeah, Heathcliff tends to polarise readers, sometimes it's hard to feel sorry for him even if you want to!

Anyway, as for vampire series... The Vampire Diaries by LJ Smith is a pretty decent series (the original has four books, but there's also a continuation). Some people also like Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series on immortal warriors and vampires.

I guess it's cuz the stories I usually read are those by Robin Cook, Tess Gerritsen, Jeffrey Deaver, Michael Crichton and PJ Tracy, medical/crime stuff.

Sooo...

anyone with a good medical thriller/crime story to recommend? Pls PM me if you do :D

:o Tess Gerritsen fan! Have you read all her stuff?

I quite like Michael Palmer's The Patient. Maybe give that a try? There are also the Agatha Christie mysteries, if you haven't read any.

I'm currently reading Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Süskind. A fascinating read so far.

Guest undefindwun

I just bought 3 books yesterday and I just finished "hush hush" by Becca Fitzpatrick. I liked it cause I couldn't really predict what was going to happen, though I knew all the characters were connected somehow. It did remind of Twilight, but in this one I didn't know who was good and who was bad.

The next book I will be reading is "shiver"

Guest HiddenTruth

I just finished 'Catching Fire' and it was just wow. My heart really went out to one particular character in this book. I'm excited for the third book. <3

I'm STILL reading 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' ; haha, for some reason it's pretty slow reading for me. The book doesn't make me want to read it ; it's just something to pass time. x_x

Can I get some book suggestions? Nothing too sci-fi, but I'm open to everything else.

Archived